4. Mt Tabor
5. Hillside
8. Cape Fear
16. Catholic
23. Dudley
46. New Hanover
61. Havelock
67. Jacksonville

But please continue to tell us about your "toughest" schedule.

hahahaha!!!

Go ask the Rock Hill coaches if they could have the DB and Dlineman that went to Charlotte Catholic back. I'm not just calling out Charlotte Catholic, Mallard Creek is worse. About half their players are from other schools.

95% of Mallard Creek players have been at the school since the 9th grade. Please name half the player's from other schools? :) Mallard's Creek's JV has not lost a game in 2 years and after next week, it could be 3 years. Coming from other schools to do what? Why would a parent move their kid to the Mallard Creek district to set on the bench?

When you're team start whining about playing THE NASA INTERNS AT Charlotte Catholic, you most likely don't have a team. Will someone please explain to me where do you recruit 5'8" 155lb db's? Outside of this year, that's pretty much what you see every year. It only matters because you guys know, they're in route to give you a spanking. So you prematurely start with the recruiting crap. CC does not give out scholarships. They have been playing 4A with 3A numbers. Stop crying and making up excuses for your program. They have an elite coaching staff with kids who buy into the program, which creates success. Now line up and play ball!

Catholic guys have played Nationally ranked Gonzaga, State Champions Northwestern and State Champ Mallard Creek all in the same season. Give them their props!

Last edited:
When you're team start whining about playing THE NASA INTERNS AT Charlotte Catholic, you most likely don't have a team. Will someone please explain to me where do you recruit 5'8" 155lb db's? Outside of this year, that's pretty much what you see every year. It only matters because you guys know, they're in route to give you a spanking. So you prematurely start with the recruiting crap. CC does not give out scholarships. They have been playing 4A with 3A numbers. Stop crying and making up excuses for your program. They have an elite coaching staff with kids who buy into the program, which creates success. Now line up and play ball!
That includes this year. One of our safeties is roughly 5'8" 145ish. He can play though.

Reactions: BlackKnightNut
Nothing I despise more than soft men, who make up excuses for young men because of their personal insecurities of being a punk. While all along young kids of today love to be challenged and most likely will rise to the occasion. STOP TRYING TO MAKE YOUR KIDS SOFT! They can handle more than you could imagine. Especially some NASA interns from Charlotte Catholic

Last edited:
Reactions: beamer24
I think that 3AA is more open this year than 3A will be, in fact you have several teams that could win the west in 3AA. And all of this Charlotte catholic talk is just nonsense it is what it is and it is not going to change so just get better and beat them. This is coming from a guy who is 0-2 against them in the playoffs. Get better and beat them

Reactions: beamer24
I think that 3AA is more open this year than 3A will be, in fact you have several teams that could win the west in 3AA. And all of this Charlotte catholic talk is just nonsense it is what it is and it is not going to change so just get better and beat them. This is coming from a guy who is 0-2 against them in the playoffs. Get better and beat them
I think 3A is far from over too. No one team is showing to be dominant. Sure Catholic is undefeated and looks to be headed for the 1 seed in the west, but several schools in the west will be tough Kings Mountain being the one that jumps out at me.
Don't forget about teams out east either like Southern Nash and Havelock.
Also a team like Eastern Guilford could change things should they go 3A, theyre right on the line along with Weddington.

Reactions: sammyk
If Catholic is small, and not that athletic, what makes them so dominant each year then? serious question, whats in the secret sauce? Is it that they are just that much smarter and more disciplined than all of their opponents? They have to have some pretty solid athletes each year to be able to do the things they do I have to think

From an outsiders perspective.

1. Great system for the kids they have and in this era of RPO a well ran Wing T scheme is tough to prepare for in 1 weeks time.

2. Great program- middle school runs the same schemes and teaches the same technique that the high school team runs. So by the time a kid is a senior he has been in the system and program for 6 years.

3. Well coached- they never seem to be out of position, great blocking and solid tackling

4. Kids seem to be very unselfish, as long as they win no one cares who gets the name in the newspaper

Now I could be very wrong about all of this but this is what I have seen and heard

If Catholic is small, and not that athletic, what makes them so dominant each year then? serious question, whats in the secret sauce? Is it that they are just that much smarter and more disciplined than all of their opponents? They have to have some pretty solid athletes each year to be able to do the things they do I have to think
A system Rev. They have better athletes as of late than in years past, but if you were to come to Catholic you'd say maybe 2-3 standout and that's it. The Catholic middle school Holy Trinity runs the same exact offenses and defenses as Catholic and the coaches there are mostly guys who played for Catholic. So when kids get to CC they already know a lot of the blocking schemes and there is more fine tuning than teaching.
Also remember, Catholic's coaching staff is one of the top in the state, the gameplan as well as any staff I've seen and I've had the opportunity to study several top staffs in the state over the last few years.
Also running an offense like the Wing T helps, they do pass much more than in years past, but playing smash mouth football is almost taboo now a days, Catholic just plays hardnosed football and teams aren't used to seeing it.

I don't think the Triad "donates" teams to make it competitive. Obviously the state population is much larger from the piedmont West. So in the larger classifications there won't be as many true Eastern teams. Now if you want to talk NFL players or pro athletes in general, I'll take east of 95 all day. Considering that's about 1/10 of the state's population, that's impressive.
Sarcasm

Reactions: Jeff_spicolli
A system Rev. They have better athletes as of late than in years past, but if you were to come to Catholic you'd say maybe 2-3 standout and that's it. The Catholic middle school Holy Trinity runs the same exact offenses and defenses as Catholic and the coaches there are mostly guys who played for Catholic. So when kids get to CC they already know a lot of the blocking schemes and there is more fine tuning than teaching.
Also remember, Catholic's coaching staff is one of the top in the state, the gameplan as well as any staff I've seen and I've had the opportunity to study several top staffs in the state over the last few years.
Also running an offense like the Wing T helps, they do pass much more than in years past, but playing smash mouth football is almost taboo now a days, Catholic just plays hardnosed football and teams aren't used to seeing it.

Do the Pope's boys need a Rev? lol.....sounds a lot like South Point to me, not the greatest athletes every year but tough to prepare for.

Reactions: Mopar forever
Do the Pope's boys need a Rev? lol.....sounds a lot like South Point to me, not the greatest athletes every year but tough to prepare for.
Lol I don't know I know we do have at least one priest on the sidelines of every game...but not a rev lol
Catholic and SP are built similarly....kinda surprised they've never matched up before too

Seeing them place twice last year and once this year I can say that they ARE athletic. They just aren't as athletic as a team like Mallard Creek.

The team is discipline so they usually don't have that many penalties. They have bodies. They have a large amount of kids on their team. More kids than a lot of 4A teams have, so you don't generally have to worry about kids playing both ways. Keeps their legs fresh. I believe they can be scored on, but their offense is really explosive. I credit that big offensive line and their explosive running back Milan Howard. That guy is a beast.

As far as their past few years, I'm not sure. I'm only recently hearing about the school.

Simmons Strength of Schedule Ratings(For 3A only):
1. Weddington
4. Mt Tabor
5. Hillside
8. Cape Fear
16. Catholic
23. Dudley
46. New Hanover
61. Havelock
67. Jacksonville

But please continue to tell us about your "toughest" schedule.

Who has cathlotic played worth mentioning besides Christain and sun valley and I watch the tape against sun valley they only threat was their qb lmao

Last edited:
Almost everyone in cathlotic schedule has a losing record except sun valley Charlotte Christian and weddington lmao so what are u talking about !? Idc what Simmons ratings are better go check the teams we play for yourself and look how they been dominating other conferences around them

Last edited:
Almost everyone in cathlotic schedule has a losing record except sun valley Charlotte Christian and weddington lmao so what are u talking about !? Idc what Simmons ratings are better go check the teams we play for yourself and look how they been dominating other conferences around them
Lol Sun Valley, Weddington and Christian are all great teams. Can't help it that Piedmont and Parkwood suck.
Not saying Catholic has the best schedule but don't come out here saying yours is great when it's medicore at best

Lol Sun Valley, Weddington and Christian are all great teams. Can't help it that Piedmont and Parkwood suck.
Not saying Catholic has the best schedule but don't come out here saying yours is great when it's medicore at best

West Craven 5-4(4-0) conference play
New Bern 3-6(3-2) in conference play
Wallace rose hill(8-1)(3-1) in conference play
Jh rose 2-7
Rocky mount 3-6
Hunt 2-7
West carteret 6-3(lost to lee county,havelock and Jacksonville)
White oak 2-7
Northside Jacksonville 5-4
Swansboro 5-4
Jacksonville 8-1 (havelock and Jacksonville probably be playing for the conference championship next week both coming in at 9-1)

But what ever u say dude lmao

I have to agree somewhat with 14. They are not the most athletic teams. They are fundamental. They are physical. We are 2-0 against them. We one with more athletes. Not being intimidated. The same 2 years .We lost the championship to Havelock. I think a contributing factor was playing Catholic the week before. We were beat up. Both games were slobber knockers.

I have to agree somewhat with 14. They are not the most athletic teams. They are fundamental. They are physical. We are 2-0 against them. We one with more athletes. Not being intimidated. The same 2 years .We lost the championship to Havelock. I think a contributing factor was playing Catholic the week before. We were beat up. Both games were slobber knockers.

We didn't lose to havelock...we humiliated havelock. We lost to Northern Guildford. While NG was definitely the better team in 2011...I still to this day will say Crest should have won in 2010 and probably in 2013 against Southern Durham.

Reactions: marsgreen
We didn't lose to havelock...we humiliated havelock. We lost to Northern Guildford. While NG was definitely the better team in 2011...I still to this day will say Crest should have won in 2010 and probably in 2013 against Southern Durham.

24-3 isn't really humiliating what we did to west Rowan and concord was humiliation

My bad...Old age and a lot of playoff games . I still believe we were beat up when we played NG. Yes 2010 should have been won.

They had like 3 turn overs against crest in the first half two of them came when they were on crest side of the field but I guess I wish y'all was closer we would have whooped yall butts these past 2 years

They had 3 turnovers because havelock finally played a real team...even your coached admitted it

I saw EA and WA last week and they will be a tough out in 3a for anyone. The qb at WA is a freak. He reminds me of Mike Hughes that played at New Bern.

Reactions: ConnerP
I saw EA and WA last week and they will be a tough out in 3a for anyone. The qb at WA is a freak. He reminds me of Mike Hughes that played at New Bern.

Mmm mike Hughes was more than a qb he was a pure athlete that could have played any skill position so don't compare the two mike Hughes was also a lock down cb who could stop the run I highly doubt wa qb is playing defense and offense making plays on both sides

Mmm mike Hughes was more than a qb he was a pure athlete that could have played any skill position so don't compare the two mike Hughes was also a lock down cb who could stop the run I highly doubt wa qb is playing defense and offense making plays on both sides

Umm...actually you'd be wrong. He also plays DB... sometimes CB & sometimes S. He has track speed too as he was a state finalist in the 100 or 200.

Mike Hughes
UNC to
GARDEN CITY COMMUNITY COLLEGE,
Junior college All American
University Central Florida, starting CB.

I'll take Charlotte Catholic as the State Champs in 3A

Reactions: NBBears20124ACHAMPS
Justwords will take "I know nothing about Christian Daniels for 1000"
The dude plays both ways and is one of the better athletes I have seen this yr on tape.
Do research my dude it'd help

Mike Hughes
UNC to
GARDEN CITY COMMUNITY COLLEGE,
Junior college All American
University Central Florida, starting CB.

I'll take Charlotte Catholic as the State Champs in 3A

Doing pretty good down at UCF. Was on the field just 8 days after enrolling and only took 7 games to become the first Knight in program history to record a Pick 6, Punt return and Kickoff return for a TD. He’s 1st in nation in punt returns and 6th in kickoff returns in the country. Oh yea, he’s also number 2 in country in PD per game prior to this past weekend.

Reactions: ItsJustWords252
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT