ADVERTISEMENT

Who’s the team to beat in 3A and 3AA?

Love the fact that everyone is sleeping on Western Alamance. Yes they have played a weak schedule so far to no fault of their own. However, they have dominated and it hasn't even been close. I'm sure there are other teams out there, but I haven't seen one yet to match their speed and athleticism. So just keep sleeping because they like being under dogs!

Love the fact that everyone is sleeping on Western Alamance. Yes they have played a weak schedule so far to no fault of their own. However, they have dominated and it hasn't even been close. I'm sure there are other teams out there, but I haven't seen one yet to match their speed and athleticism. So just keep sleeping because they like being under dogs!
Well I’m not hating on WA a great program of course.. but if you no they haven’t played anyone then whats your beef lol

Reactions: sasha_nc
Western Alamance is good. Their win vs NE Guilford is pretty nice, but who have they played? I'd love to know the combined record of the teams they've played. ConnerP can probably do that.
Western is a top 10 team, but just how good we will not know possibly until the playoffs when they meet a team closer to their level.
They have a big rivalry game this week vs Eastern Alamance and EA is 8-1 I believe. Northern Guilford may also give them a fight. We will find out just how good they are soon.

Western Alamance is good. Their win vs NE Guilford is pretty nice, but who have they played? I'd love to know the combined record of the teams they've played. ConnerP can probably do that.
Western is a top 10 team, but just how good we will not know possibly until the playoffs when they meet a team closer to their level.
They have a big rivalry game this week vs Eastern Alamance and EA is 8-1 I believe. Northern Guilford may also give them a fight. We will find out just how good they are soon.

CalPreps has WA ranked 5th in 3A with a 9-0 record; combined results for opponents is 30-51.

Haven't seen anyone with a better schedule than Havelock's yet outside of 2a West Craven and 2a Shelby maybe Jacksonville also other than that .... lmao

Crest, S. Iredell, West Rowan, Huss, Al Brown, Catholic, Monroe. I could go on but you get the idea. Havelock schedule is good no doubt but not near the top of 3a

Crest, S. Iredell, West Rowan, Huss, Al Brown, Catholic, Monroe. I could go on but you get the idea. Havelock schedule is good no doubt but not near the top of 3a
Monroe?? Dude hell no. Monroe is not even a good team in 3A. They've been curb stomped by every good team they've played. Many will admit West Rowan isn't elite this year either.
I can understand the others, but please get Monroe off this list

Catholic in 3A and wouldn't be shocked if Dudley and Mt Tabor (from the same conference) meet again for the title in 3AA.

Yeah it isn't right for Forsyth County to have open enrollment when Charlotte school and Guilford County schools can't do that.
I don't see you complaining about that, but that's none of my business *sips tea

I disagree with that too. I doubt a lot of people (myself included) weren't aware of that. You know, 100% of you would disagree with things of this nature if the shoe was on the other foot. Honestly, it hasn't bothered me too much because it hasn't affected Burns as much as others. But I am interested in your defense on the subject. Why should Charlotte Catholic and schools of that nature be able to play in the public high school division? I'm curious.

I disagree with that too. I doubt a lot of people (myself included) weren't aware of that. You know, 100% of you would disagree with things of this nature if the shoe was on the other foot. Honestly, it hasn't bothered me too much because it hasn't affected Burns as much as others. But I am interested in your defense on the subject. Why should Charlotte Catholic and schools of that nature be able to play in the public high school division? I'm curious.
We've beaten this to death. If you wish I can start a thread to discuss it, but I don't want to derail this thread anymore

Here's what I will say on the topic of Catholic... nobody cares until they win in football. Cross country, tennis, golf, swimming, volleyball, soccer, lacrosse... nobody cares. It was the same in South Carolina with Bishop England. I think they had won like 20 state volleyball titles in a row and nobody cared until they won in football. It's why you hear very little about Bishop McGuiness or Cardinal Gibbons now. Sure, a squeak here and there but not so much.

Is there a different set of rules...sure...to an extent but so what. Fewer discipline problems probably and families that are involved enough to shell out the coin to send kids to a Private (Parochial if you prefer) school. Line up and play the game.

Let me be clear. I am no supporter of Catholic. I'm not one of their fans. I have been to a game of theirs. I have walked on their field & sideline & among their players. Nepsy calls them the NASA interns. They look like the soccer team, the golf team, the ROTC and the debate club. I'm not saying they don't have some big boys or good athletes either but..
I'll say this...they won't scare anybody getting off the bus. When they walk into your stadium in street clothes, 9 out of 10 of you will think your team is gonna whip their a** and then the game starts. Most of you would think these kids wouldn't make your team much less be able to contribute or start. You'd hope one was a good punter.
They don't typically win because they out athlete teams. They win because they out execute. If this was Florida, which is the wild Wild West of HS recruiting and kids transfer in droves every year, these players wouldn't get called.
I spoke to one of their starting DBs this year at a game. He had an interception, about a dozen tackles and a scoop & score. He was a baller. He was also "yes, sir", "no, sir" & "pleasure to meet you, sir" He was probably 5'8" & 150 lbs in his cleats and with his pads on. If he showed up at tryouts at Havelock, Dudley, Crest, Rocky Mount, AC Reynolds, Reidsville, Shelby or Mallard Creek. He'd be lucky to get a shot at the scout team based on appearance alone.

Catholic MIGHT win the 3A title this year...there are 4 or 5 teams that will be 3A East that will be a handful for them & a couple that will be West. Not one of those teams will be intimidated unless it is by the name.

Go ask the Rock Hill coaches if they could have the DB and Dlineman that went to Charlotte Catholic back. I'm not just calling out Charlotte Catholic, Mallard Creek is worse. About half their players are from other schools.

Go ask the Rock Hill coaches if they could have the DB and Dlineman that went to Charlotte Catholic back. I'm not just calling out Charlotte Catholic, Mallard Creek is worse. About half their players are from other schools.
Catholic hasn't had any transfers from RH high schools...sooooo.

Actually, by definition, all of Catholic's players are from other schools since all live in a public school district somewhere. If you're talking about Mallard Creek... I guess they moved. If not, alert the district or association.

Comeonitsjust...we can't play any football out here in the East. The only GREAT high school football teams are out West.

Well it's kinda true...when the true state powers reach the state championship...chances are you will lose. Shelby, Crest, South Point, Catholic...now you have bubble teams like Reidsville that can go East or West...but beating Concord for example isn't that impressive that just means the West is probably weak that year. What's really scary is when a Mountain team like A.C. Reynolds makes the championship, they are already tough to beat as it is and if they make it to the championship...you're pretty much screwed.

So to play Devil's advocate, where were these unstoppable West teams when Havelock made their run recently?

So to play Devil's advocate, where were these unstoppable West teams when Havelock made their run recently?

Like I said...concord who is FAR from a state power...West Rowan hasn't been close to state since they first loss too havelock. Speaking of havelock...you do realize they were as revelant as a 1A school in a 4A playoffs until a few years ago...a state power that does not make.

Don't feed these trolls lmao crest ain't been crap since their second championship and havelock would have killed south point in that championship last year but maybe we will get to see this year if they can make it past Charlotte cathlotic that they keep crying about Lmao "oh it's not fair we play the best football " but we can't beat the super saiyan Charlotte cathlotic give me a break Best believe no team from the east gonna be scared of Charlotte cathlotic like you guys are

Best believe east duplin havelock Jacksonville new Hanover hoggard orange western Alamance Wallace rose hill southern lee can play with any of y'all teams out west EASY!
Oh no man...we can't hang with the mighty West...lol. Like I said they think or like to think that high school football is only played in the West... Funny how they seem to forget about Havelock just killing them 3 out of 4 yrs...let's not even talk about what Wallace Rose Hill have done to them seems like forever in 1A...forgot about the New Bern Bears for a couple of years. You have to watch what you say on here because you can get banned real fast.

Reactions: ItsJustWords252
Oh no man...we can't hang with the mighty West...lol. Like I said they think or like to think that high school football is only played in the West... Funny how they seem to forget about Havelock just killing them 3 out of 4 yrs...let's not even talk about what Wallace Rose Hill have done to them seems like forever in 1A...forgot about the New Bern Bears for a couple of years. You have to watch what you say on here because you can get banned real fast.
And I almost forgot SWO when they had their run.

Reactions: ItsJustWords252

Idgas if they ban me cause they stay trolling and being immature so if I get ban just go to another forum lmao Idc

Well it's kinda true...when the true state powers reach the state championship...chances are you will lose. Shelby, Crest, South Point, Catholic...now you have bubble teams like Reidsville that can go East or West...but beating Concord for example isn't that impressive that just means the West is probably weak that year. What's really scary is when a Mountain team like A.C. Reynolds makes the championship, they are already tough to beat as it is and if they make it to the championship...you're pretty much screwed.

Just curious, how has won more titles in this state's history. West or East?

Best believe east duplin havelock Jacksonville new Hanover hoggard orange western Alamance Wallace rose hill southern lee can play with any of y'all teams out west EASY!

Western Alamance is not a true eastern team. Most years from 2A-4AA the west(mainly 704 area and triad to a lesser extent) dominates. A triad team has to be sent east to make the title games more competitive. If the west never donated a triad team to the eastern brackets most years, the east would be pushing negative wins against the west in classes 2A-4AA. The numbers have been posted several times. since 2000 the east in all classes 2A and above have single digits in the W column and the west has more than tripple the wins.

Reactions: Champ_24
I don't think the Triad "donates" teams to make it competitive. Obviously the state population is much larger from the piedmont West. So in the larger classifications there won't be as many true Eastern teams. Now if you want to talk NFL players or pro athletes in general, I'll take east of 95 all day. Considering that's about 1/10 of the state's population, that's impressive.

Idgas if they ban me cause they stay trolling and being immature so if I get ban just go to another forum lmao Idc

Can somebody translate for me when this guy posts?? How the hell can you deliver Pizzas and post on this board at the same time?! better get that delivery done asap..those trailer parks dont like cold pizza!

Reactions: BlackKnightNut
Simmons Strength of Schedule Ratings(For 3A only):
1. Weddington
4. Mt Tabor
5. Hillside
8. Cape Fear
16. Catholic
23. Dudley
46. New Hanover
61. Havelock
67. Jacksonville

But please continue to tell us about your "toughest" schedule.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT