ADVERTISEMENT

East Lincoln @ West Henderson - Rd 2

DixieTN

Apr 30, 2014
Last years 3A state champions are heading up the mountain to Mills River. I don’t know anything about EL. Let’s discuss.

I think this could be a really good game. Havent seen either team this year, just seems like a really good matchup on paper.

Reactions: beamer24
Tough one to call. East is not the same team as last year. I figure an East Lincoln win last night at Ledford but I didn’t think they would beat down Ledford like they did. This game could well be very competitive. I will have to think on it who wins this one.

I have personally seen both teams this year .. seen East play hickory and West play Pisgah ..I felt like West and Hickory look a lot alike. I don’t think this will be as close as a game as most thinking. West is a very good team .. I would have them as the 2nd best team in 3a that I have seen (only not seen ACR in top 3a teams) I think west rolls

Haven’t seen East Lincoln but West is not a typical mountain team. They have speed all over the place, a shrine bowl receiver, a great running back, a big tight end, 2 offensive tackles that are probably 6’4 and 280 pounds and move well, and probably the best linebacker group I’ve seen in years. They’re about as well rounded a team as I’ve seen all year. It will be interesting to see how they match up with teams from down the mountain but I like West at home.

Did east lincoln get some players back or something?
EL lost Daly, their star running back, on the first play of the game against Statesville. The Mustangs then lost their starting QB against West Iredell. It's took them some time to regroup. I'm not sure if it's too little or too late, but I believe EL is not dead yet. It will depend of the desire of the team to play further into the season and West Henderson appears to be a very tough opponent.

I will admit I know little to nothing about EL. But, I will say that this WH team is not your normal “mountain team” if EL comes to Mills River and knocks off WH then they will likely make at least the 4th round. It will take an all out effort from a very good team. WH is the states best kept secret and I think some teams are about to figure that out. If they were still 2A I would call them the favorite to win state. 3A especially 3A west is loaded but people have slept on WH because they are a mountain team. But they are well coached and have very good team speed. West by 14. If my Bears pull an upset I’ll be the happiest man in the world but I’d dread the drive back to Mills River the next week.

37-7 West

Final.

Total domination. Only EL score was on a busted play on 2nd half opening kickoff.
If not for the 2 early turnovers that score would have probably been higher.
I was glad to see how the Falcon defense matched up against a good “off mountain” team. Defense played their game and we see the end result. Not sure how many rushing yards EL had but they didnt move the ball like I expected.
West offense was clicking as usual with all of its weapons.
Hopefully everyone stays healthy and looking forward to another good game next Friday.
Was another great performance in Mills River tonight.

If not for the 2 early turnovers that score would have probably been higher.
I was glad to see how the Falcon defense matched up against a good “off mountain” team. Defense played their game and we see the end result. Not sure how many rushing yards EL had but they didnt move the ball like I expected.
West offense was clicking as usual with all of its weapons.
Hopefully everyone stays healthy and looking forward to another good game next Friday.
Was another great performance in Mills River tonight.
After West’s adjustments in the 1st, EL really couldn’t move the ball at all. The INT on the 5yd line should have put West over 40 but you really can’t nitpick a performance like that.

Reactions: MillsRiverFalcon
I decided to go to this game tonight. West looked strong and obviously the score was lopsided but EL did a good job of taking away some of West’s explosiveness and made Dimsdale (sp?)carry a larger portion of the load than I think was planned for. He did a good job of it though. The steady drizzle also may have had a hand in it bc several balls were dropped early.

Was the Lyda #3 the starting QB? I know he played there some but noticed he was on crutches after halftime.

Also, I’m not acting as though Pisgah doesn’t have any bc we do but man I set just below the press box and there was a group of men aged 30-50ish that just were not good for the game. Mocked their coaches game plan at the end of the game when they were up by 23, screamed at several West RBs for not perfectly executing blocks(it happens) and worst of all openly mocked the EL kid that was laying down on the field after getting hammered on a reception. Directly hollered and made fun of him and East while he was being attended to. This is not an indictment of all of Mills River or West Henderson bc I know that’s not who they are but this group of about 15 was classless garbage tonight. Hope it was just an odd night. One ironic point that was pretty funny was when West kicked it deep right after halftime and they screamed” finally we kicked it deep like we should have all game,” only to have East blister it for a return TD. I turned and jokingly said that’s probably why they’ve squibbed it all night but it got zero response. 🤣.

Also, to me, the major final momentum changer was ironically on the bad snap to Manuel on the punt when he took off for a first down. Seemed like that really got. West in control from them on.

I decided to go to this game tonight. West looked strong and obviously the score was lopsided but EL did a good job of taking away some of West’s explosiveness and made Dimsdale (sp?)carry a larger portion of the load than I think was planned for. He did a good job of it though. The steady drizzle also may have had a hand in it bc several balls were dropped early.

Was the Lyda #3 the starting QB? I know he played there some but noticed he was on crutches after halftime.

Also, I’m not acting as though Pisgah doesn’t have any bc we do but man I set just below the press box and there was a group of men aged 30-50ish that just were not good for the game. Mocked their coaches game plan at the end of the game when they were up by 23, screamed at several West RBs for not perfectly executing blocks(it happens) and worst of all openly mocked the EL kid that was laying down on the field after getting hammered on a reception. Directly hollered and made fun of him and East while he was being attended to. This is not an indictment of all of Mills River or West Henderson bc I know that’s not who they are but this group of about 15 was classless garbage tonight. Hope it was just an odd night. One ironic point that was pretty funny was when West kicked it deep right after halftime and they screamed” finally we kicked it deep like we should have all game,” only to have East blister it for a return TD. I turned and jokingly said that’s probably why they’ve squibbed it all night but it got zero response. 🤣.
No #1 started the game but I think after those early struggles Lyda got the nod. I saw he was laying elevated on the trainers table for the second half. Who knows maybe just a sprain? Hopefully nothing major. I definitely think the weather played a part on the game plan, you don’t often see Truitt drop easy passes. As for the fans, I’ve heard some bad ones from time to time, like I have everywhere. At the end of the day, they got to witness a 37-7 win over the defending champions.

Reactions: FormerDog38
Hopefully, nothing major for #3. He’s a menace on defense. I think if you take away the drizzle this game would have been a very, very ugly tilt in West’s favor even earlier.

I was hoping we’d meet y’all in Mills River next week but good luck against Oak Grove. I may come back to that one as well.

DixieTN,

Do you know how many yards Dimsdale had? I enjoy watching that kid run. He runs 10ft tall and bulletproof on the field and willing to shoulder whatever load is necessary for the night. Carried those two EL guys for about 15 yds last night until he fell at the 3. Is he a Senior?

DixieTN,

Do you know how many yards Dimsdale had? I enjoy watching that kid run. He runs 10ft tall and bulletproof on the field and willing to shoulder whatever load is necessary for the night. Carried those two EL guys for about 15 yds last night until he fell at the 3. Is he a Senior?
BlueRidgeNow is reporting 187yds and 3 touchdowns. I believe that puts him over 2,000 on the season and yes he is a senior.

Reactions: MillsRiverFalcon
Congrats W.H. I'm going to go ahead and say WH wins by 3 tds next week vs OG.
As much as I am hoping not, I might have to agree. I think OG got a good schedule to get to the 3rd round for first time in the schools short history but next week may be the end of that. I don’t think they have played their best the past 3 weeks but have been able to overcome it. I think next week if they are still not on their best performance of the year, history making for this year is over. Good luck to both.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT