ADVERTISEMENT

Whiteville vs West Columbus

Whiteville had first attempt at winning FG blocked but WC was offsides move ball 5 yards closer and next attempt Is blocked and returned for about an 80 yd TD. Great game to watch. Felt Pack got screwed on them last play of the half WC throws to end zone pass is ruled incomplete ref was on top of the play. Refs huddled up and in very dramatic fashion white hat looks at WC crowd waits a full 10 seconds and signals TD??? Over all Great game though.

Wect had the play I described above. On there highlights ball was clearly bobbled. Refs gave WC a TD. Sad.

Huge win for west Columbus. I've had my eye on you guys from afar and I believed y'all would make a deep playoff run this year. After tonight I think we will see each other in the playoffs
That would be pretty wild for us to get the opportunity to play a historic program like yours. I’ve been to a couple games up at Tarboro when y’all had Tyquan Lewis and Todd Gurley. South Columbus was playing y’all at that time.

I dunno how WC loses to St. Paul’s and beats whiteville … but i love it… I bet them youngins was running on pure adrenaline all night … happy for the Viking program glad to see them excited about football

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Last night was one of the best high school football games that I have been to in quite a while……great atmosphere and both teams played outstanding !!! It was a shame one team had to lose….but after 21 years, WC was past due !! I do not believe it will be another 21 years before we win again….Coach laLa Monte Williamson has the program heading in the right direction !!

Last night was one of the best high school football games that I have been to in quite a while……great atmosphere and both teams played outstanding !!! It was a shame one team had to lose….but after 21 years, WC was past due !! I do not believe it will be another 21 years before we win again….Coach laLa Monte Williamson has the program heading in the right direction !!

It was great game well attended by both fans bases. Bring a big crowd to Whiteville next year and let’s have another barnburner

Wow replay of the phantom TD at the end of the half is disturbing. Pretty sure it will be reviewed this week. #3 for WC is a pretty good player but showed some character flaws after the game on field hopefully his family or the coaches can clean that up.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Swo1980
Wow replay of the phantom TD at the end of the half is disturbing. Pretty sure it will be reviewed this week. #3 for WC is a pretty good player but showed some character flaws after the game on field hopefully his family or the coaches can clean that up.
Please explain

• Haha
Please explain
@loveboat500, I’ve got to go ahead and say this. As far as #3 for West, he is more than a pretty good player and a lot of people don’t know his background. It’s amazing to see what he’s had to overcome. I can assure you the coach will take care of it, but none of us on this forum can probably relate to these kids as far as what they see on social media, phones etc with people saying things about them. I couldn’t imagine phones and social media when I was growing up. Let me give you another example of how crazy it’s gotten. The replay of this first half “catch” is being shown online in slow mode. The officials don’t have that benefit and have to call the play in “real time” by the way. Well, this video goes around and grown adults are saying there was cheating, THEN they go after the Viking receiver on social media to tell him their opinion and how it was “cheating”. Imagine how that high school student athlete feels. I also think one play didn’t determine the game. There was a whole second half to determine the rest of the game, but the BIG thing is we need to remember these kids and as grown adults, kids are off limits when it comes to way some of this has unfolded. I do want to say hats off to some of the Whiteville players. I heard they came to the defense of the Viking receiver to these “grown ups”. I do wish the best to both teams the rest of the season.

@loveboat500, I’ve got to go ahead and say this. As far as #3 for West, he is more than a pretty good player and a lot of people don’t know his background. It’s amazing to see what he’s had to overcome. I can assure you the coach will take care of it, but none of us on this forum can probably relate to these kids as far as what they see on social media, phones etc with people saying things about them. I couldn’t imagine phones and social media when I was growing up. Let me give you another example of how crazy it’s gotten. The replay of this first half “catch” is being shown online in slow mode. The officials don’t have that benefit and have to call the play in “real time” by the way. Well, this video goes around and grown adults are saying there was cheating, THEN they go after the Viking receiver on social media to tell him their opinion and how it was “cheating”. Imagine how that high school student athlete feels. I also think one play didn’t determine the game. There was a whole second half to determine the rest of the game, but the BIG thing is we need to remember these kids and as grown adults, kids are off limits when it comes to way some of this has unfolded. I do want to say hats off to some of the Whiteville players. I heard they came to the defense of the Viking receiver to these “grown ups”. I do wish the best to both teams the rest of the season.

What lol..

You still crying about a play during a game you curb stomped the opponent....... lol can't wait till Clinton UUUU chokes again... these boards will go crazy... you and wizzzzz lol
How is that crying when whiteville felt like WC was gifted a td it was similar to the one they was gifted no matter if they still got beat you jackass. Go worried bout your trash stallion n stay off other people's team.

• Haha
In relation to the out come of the game,Whiteville had plenty of chances to move the ball all game. First downs were hard to come by for Pack. Credit Vikings Defense for that. Pack coach kept trying to run off tackle wasn't there,so it is what is. In this game I would say Pack was out coached and played. Move on. As far as the catch I was 15 feet from it,I'll keep my options of that to myself.

I’m sure whiteville has benefited from missed calls in the past as well… that’s apart of football and apart of life … sometimes it goes your way sometimes it don’t… it’s easy to monday morning quarterback a call than having to call it in real time

Whiteville had first attempt at winning FG blocked but WC was offsides move ball 5 yards closer and next attempt Is blocked and returned for about an 80 yd TD. Great game to watch. Felt Pack got screwed on them last play of the half WC throws to end zone pass is ruled incomplete ref was on top of the play. Refs huddled up and in very dramatic fashion white hat looks at WC crowd waits a full 10 seconds and signals TD??? Over all Great game though.
I was not there and have not seen the play, but I have seen and been a part of a lot of high school games and I don't think that one play would have decided the outcome of the game.

Two biggest plays of the game JT Todd interception and the run back of the blocked FG not sure of WC player but let us know he’ll remember that play the rest of his life. Good stuff.

Reactions: dirty stallion
So refreshing to see a fan base not point to a missed call (as shown on the video footage) as the reason their team came up on the short end of the scoreboard.

Tremendous respect to the Whiteville fans posting on here after what was obviously a tough loss to a county rival.

Wanna commend our coaches from Whiteville for maintaining their composure and I could see they were coaching their azzzes off with the passion that is much respected and appreciated by the Whiteville fans. Keep coaching them up this group will rebound in spades.

Don’t remember a personal foul or sideline call on either team. Very very commendable in a rivalry game

So refreshing to see a fan base not point to a missed call (as shown on the video footage) as the reason their team came up on the short end of the scoreboard.

Tremendous respect to the Whiteville fans posting on here after what was obviously a tough loss to a county rival.
But they have been 😂

Maybe, but that could be said about anyone.

Still, there are those fans of certain programs that post on here that would have a field day with this.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT