ADVERTISEMENT

Whiteville vs West Columbus

Eastcoastman1957

Aug 1, 2018
Big game in conference play next Friday. Coach Williams has done a good job for Vikings but will face best test of season. Whiteville better not take them lightly.

Reactions: dirty stallion
I think the winner of this game could be the conference winner. Coach Williamson has done a great job rebuilding this team. They have talent and speed. The Pack needs to play mistake free ball to win this game. Pack by a touchdown. Looking for a packed house.

Reactions: dirty stallion
Going to have to do something besides throw up deep ball prayers and take off running with the QB to have a shot. I haven't seen any sort of system so far on offense... pretty much back yard football. That won't work against a talented and well coached team. I do think our defense should be able to slow Whiteville down a bit.

Last edited:
Reactions: Eastcoastman1957
Let's be honest. The teams WC beat have only won 3 games between 5 teams. Union 0 -4,Sandhills 0-4,St. Paul's 1-4,Trask-2-2W. Bladen 1-4. Need to play better teams non conference to get better and see what needs improvement .

Reactions: Tiger_Pride21
You are right about that. I had forgot they were back in our conference. I still don't understand them dropping down to1A. Where did all their students go? They sure didn't go to West Bladen, East Columbus, West Columbus or Whiteville. Makes me wonder. Does anybody have any insight on this?

You are right about that. I had forgot they were back in our conference. I still don't understand them dropping down to1A. Where did all their students go? They sure didn't go to West Bladen, East Columbus, West Columbus or Whiteville. Makes me wonder. Does anybody have any insight on this?
maybe the new charter school Emereu?

The kid for West, Knowledge?, is a force. I suppose Pack will try to shut him down and make other Vikings create plays.

OL for West going to have play a good game to have a chance. They not played a team coached and talented as Pack yet. WC defense pretty good against the run. Alot of people think it will be close. I don't.

I know they have some athletes, but I am pretty sure Whiteville has more, if the Pack has a bad game with turnovers and penalties, I could see WC having an chance, otherwise, don't for see a problem.

Reactions: Eastcoastman1957
If I had to make a pick, I’d go with Whiteville 28, us 7. I hope I’m wrong, but we will struggle to move the ball. Just not impressed at all with whatever the offense has been doing against the two teams we played that have a pulse.
You think West has enough athletes to play with Whiteville IF the offense was clicking?

You think West has enough athletes to play with Whiteville IF the offense was clicking?
I may be wrong, but I think the defense can slow them down a bit. DE DJ Bryant #65 may be the best player on the field for either team. I just don’t like what I’ve seen offensively. No system what so ever against St. Paul or Trask. Most of the plays are the QB running around and chunking up balls deep. That works agains the Union and Sandhills, but not against good, well coached teams.

All the comments and opinions are interesting for sure. I’ve been in the trenches with the WC program for the last 10 years trying to get youth football started, then my sons have played. Seen the program way down and happy to see we are even in the conversation talking about meaningful games. It’s also taken awhile for these players not to be intimidated by just seeing Whiteville or South on a jersey. I think competing close at Whiteville’s Homecoming last year will hopefully help some this year. Definitely miss a few seniors from last year who were in some key positions, but have a lot of good pieces back. Should be a fun game, I think we will definitely see the largest crowd for a WC football home game in a long time. I would tell people to get there early. I’m told there is only going to be one gate to get in and parking can be a challenge.

This is where playing a very week non conference schedule hurts. WC struggled for 3 quarters against Trask and they were not that good. WC has players but offense is razzle dazzle. I don't like to say this about WC but truth is truth. But that's why you play it on the field. It's football.

All the comments and opinions are interesting for sure. I’ve been in the trenches with the WC program for the last 10 years trying to get youth football started, then my sons have played. Seen the program way down and happy to see we are even in the conversation talking about meaningful games. It’s also taken awhile for these players not to be intimidated by just seeing Whiteville or South on a jersey. I think competing close at Whiteville’s Homecoming last year will hopefully help some this year. Definitely miss a few seniors from last year who were in some key positions, but have a lot of good pieces back. Should be a fun game, I think we will definitely see the largest crowd for a WC football home game in a long time. I would tell people to get there early. I’m told there is only going to be one gate to get in and parking can be a challenge.
Ax you have done a great job for WC athletics. What you say is true. Sometimes we get carried away. It's just a high school game. But on the end everyone likes to win. Just play tough and wins will come with experience. You have done your job at WC.

Strick you missed a heck of a game. Best I've saw WC play all year. Defense stepped up big time. Whiteville could not move ball. I was wrong predicting score for sure. Bad way to lose a game
Sounds like they played the best game of the year. I hate the Pack lost, but I have always liked WC. Like I said, they are now in the driver's seat if they keep playing like they can.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT