ADVERTISEMENT

What's the word on teams in the new ECC?

SWO far and away the team to beat. Big and strong looking walking to and from the bus at 7 on 7. Sophomore running back the like of which hasnt been seen in these parts in forever. Defense that breaks bones each time they make a tackle. Loss to Reidsville last year really got them amped up!

Im seeing 15-0, conference champs, state champs, JV champs, cheerleading champs, powder puff champs....you name it, they got it.

SWO far and away the team to beat. Big and strong looking walking to and from the bus at 7 on 7. Sophomore running back the like of which hasnt been seen in these parts in forever. Defense that breaks bones each time they make a tackle. Loss to Reidsville last year really got them amped up!

Im seeing 15-0, conference champs, state champs, JV champs, cheerleading champs, powder puff champs....you name it, they got it
😂 new year new team season not far away!!! We will see

Last edited:

Im seeing 15-0, conference champs, state champs, JV champs, cheerleading champs, powder puff champs....you name it, they got it.
Ya'll know the Mack Davis song........sing along with Fence Post

Oh Lord its hard to be humble
When you're the best team in every way

...... and so on

That sounds about right. Best of luck with that.

Reactions: dogs79

Nailed it

No ED does not always have the talent. Good coaching keeps them competitive. Been that way for years. They got a pretty good group this year and should battle for conference title

I, for one, am glad they got rid of the A, AA classifications. This setup is the way it was when I played in the early 90s, and it's more fun this way as there is more opportunity to face a team in the playoffs that your team has never seen before.

No ED does not always have the talent. Good coaching keeps them competitive. Been that way for years. They got a pretty good group this year and should battle for conference title

Come on dude. ED has always had talent, we both know this. Holley and Aldridge are both mediocre coaches. Powell RB early 2000s one of the best, Peterson DE went to the league, Bradley one of the best kickers in the state history, Scarborough kids were monsters. I can keep naming great talent out of ED..... Now if Holley was at, say Dixon and winning games, then we can talk about great coaching.

Ok 91 you have a wonderful day 😁

I always do, thanks for making sure I do.

What I listed was facts? I want to hear why you posted ED never has talent, and always good coaching lol.....

Ok I never said they never have talent. Look at what I wrote. I said they don't always have talent. You said they did. Sure the have had some very talented teams and players but it's not there like some schools every year but they are always competitive. I said that's because of good coaching. I didn't say great you said that.

Come on dude. ED has always had talent, we both know this. Holley and Aldridge are both mediocre coaches. Powell RB early 2000s one of the best, Peterson DE went to the league, Bradley one of the best kickers in the state history, Scarborough kids were monsters. I can keep naming great talent out of ED..... Now if Holley was at, say Dixon and winning games, then we can talk about great coaching.
91, got to disagree with you on coaches. I do think Aldridge and Holly are great coaches. They have the respect from players,parents and community. Team environment. Can't judge great coaching only on Championships. Battle's dad was one of the greatest in our State

Yea i would have to disagree. Battle is a really good coach and always gets the best out of his teams no matter what kind of talent.

Reactions: Tiger_Pride21
Holley and Aldridge have done more with less than anyone in this area for as long as I can remember. Yes, they have had some standout players in skill positions but they utilize the talent and skill set better than most. The year they went to the title game (2017?) was their best team by far. I think 3-4 kids off the defensive side of the ball went on to play at the next level and in Duplin County that is rare. Most years, they are successful because of putting kids in the right spot and their scheme on both sides of the ball.

Both can coach their rear ends off. ED has won 3 out of the last 4 in games with WRH and only once had what I feel was a better team. Ask Dempsey or some of the other long time former SWO coaches (McLeod, Barnes) if either are average coaches and see what they tell you. I know what coaches at WRH think.

Holley and Aldridge have done more with less than anyone in this area for as long as I can remember. Yes, they have had some standout players in skill positions but they utilize the talent and skill set better than most. The year they went to the title game (2017?) was their best team by far. I think 3-4 kids off the defensive side of the ball went on to play at the next level and in Duplin County that is rare. Most years, they are successful because of putting kids in the right spot and their scheme on both sides of the ball.

Both can coach their rear ends off. ED has won 3 out of the last 4 in games with WRH and only once had what I feel was a better team. Ask Dempsey or some of the other long time former SWO coaches (McLeod, Barnes) if either are average coaches and see what they tell you. I know what coaches at WRH think.

Okay fence boy. Both coaches have underachieved with some of the talent at ED. Big games they choke. I've seen it with my own eyes multiple times. Reason why neither coach has won zero titles and went once. Now padget and barnes got the best out of their talent and players. ED had many years beat swo last game of the season, then bow out early in the playoffs, and swo wins a title. 04 Kendric burney jr year, eastern finals at swo, ED had 10 pt lead with less then 4 mins to play. Choked and lost the game, swo went on to win the title. ED was by far the better team that night. ED always has stud players in skilled positions and big corn feed linemen. You'll can hype Holley and Aldridge up all day, just my opinion. Btw barnes and McLeod would never bad mouth a coach, as long as they live. Very stand up men, but they will tell you many stories of a swo team with less talent show up and beat ED.

No dog in the fight but ill say this. If it wasnt for some really good Clinton,and Tarboro teams and #9 getting hurt in the lst quarter of the 2017 State Championship game vs Hibitten East Duplin would have atleast 2 or 3 state titles. Sucks it happens like that sometimes rivalry aside East Duplin is a great football program and both Brian Aldridge and Battle Holley have been great coaches.

Okay fence boy. Both coaches have underachieved with some of the talent at ED. Big games they choke. I've seen it with my own eyes multiple times. Reason why neither coach has won zero titles and went once. Now padget and barnes got the best out of their talent and players. ED had many years beat swo last game of the season, then bow out early in the playoffs, and swo wins a title. 04 Kendric burney jr year, eastern finals at swo, ED had 10 pt lead with less then 4 mins to play. Choked and lost the game, swo went on to win the title. ED was by far the better team that night. ED always has stud players in skilled positions and big corn feed linemen. You'll can hype Holley and Aldridge up all day, just my opinion. Btw barnes and McLeod would never bad mouth a coach, as long as they live. Very stand up men, but they will tell you many stories of a swo team with less talent show up and beat ED.
You have no clue what you are talking about.

2004 SWO beat ED in the regular season 27-13 (or something like that) and then beat ED in the third round of the playoffs 27-24. ED kicked a FG with a little over a minute to play to go up only to see Burney rip off a 75 yard TD run with about 30 seconds or so left in the game. The next week, SWO beat East Carteret in the eastern finals and then beat Shelby in Durham.

Next time I get a chance to chat with Coach Barnes or Coach McLeod, I will ask them about these many stories of less talented SWO teams defeating ED.

You claim to be such a big SWO fan or alumnus and cannot even get your facts straight. Go ahead, check behind me and prove me wrong. Calling other posters names on here and acting juvenile.

Last edited:

2004 SWO beat ED in the regular season 27-13 (or something like that) and then beat ED in the third round of the playoffs 27-24. ED kicked a FG with a little over a minute to play to go up only to see Burney rip off a 75 yard TD run with about 30 seconds or so left in the game. The next week, SWO beat East Carteret in the eastern finals and then beat Shelby in Durham.

Next time I get a chance to chat with Coach Barnes or Coach McLeod, I will ask them about these many stories of less talented SWO teams defeating ED.

You claim to be such a big SWO fan or alumnus and cannot even get your facts straight. Go ahead, check behind me and prove me wrong. Calling other posters names on here and acting juvenile.

I didnt day swo lost to ed that year 04 in the regular season. Years before that in was referring too. Hence in 03 at ED swo lost by 30, qb hudson was taken off the field in ambulance. Again ED was up by 10 with 4 to go. Burney scored on a scramble. Ed kicked the FG, swo drove back down, only a 40 yard scramble by burney btw, I was on the sidelines that evening. But okay man, welcome to the boards.

Go back and look at the tape. ED was not up by 10 with 4:00 left. ED kicked the FG and then Burney scored with under 1:00 left for final margin. How can anyone believe what you say when the rest of what you posted is not accurate. Care to say I am wrong on it NOT being the Eastern finals? Want to prove me wrong on any of that?

"Many years" you say ED beat SWO in the last game of the season only to "bow out" early in the playoffs while SWO wins a title. Want me to disprove that too? You said "Bradley" was one of the best kickers, sure you got the right guy there? Give me examples of lesser SWO teams that beat ED. What year? What made SWO the lesser team? Its supposed to rain tomorrow so I will have some free time to research some of this and see how much of what you post on this is correct.

You make all these claims if you want, but you better have your facts right. Keep spouting off inaccuracies on here you will lose credibility ya know. That is if you had it to begin with.

Why is this tiger? You seem to have inside knowledge of every team?
I agreed with him simply because ED was 3 or 4 plays from going undefeated last season. So I am just going off of that. And if I had inside knowledge on every team I wouldn't have asked about the teams in the new conference.

Interesting to see you liked the above post UNC91. You agreeing with it or not? Which is it? Obviously you are in the minority with your opinion on the two coaches. Also waiting on your response to the other questions I have asked you in regards to your earlier posts. You going to prove me wrong or correct yourself on them? Come on man step up or get to steppin.

Interesting to see you liked the above post UNC91. You agreeing with it or not? Which is it? Obviously you are in the minority with your opinion on the two coaches. Also waiting on your response to the other questions I have asked you in regards to your earlier posts. You going to prove me wrong or correct yourself on them? Come on man step up or get to steppin.

What young buck?? You post one time on the site?? Pipe down go back into hiding. Everything I posted was correct, we both know it. What team do you even follow? What took you so long to post? Imo both coaches underachieved badly. Not sure what you even referring too? See I played for swo and had two sons suite up and win titles at swo.... you hiding behind the computer. I'll be at every swo game this year, 6*5 proud black man. You wont be able to miss me, swo hat and shirt on. We can talk in person if need be???

Btw no coach from swo would give you the time and day, young buck. Maybe you're a fan embarrassed what swo did to you in the past

What young buck?? You post one time on the site?? Pipe down go back into hiding. Everything I posted was correct, we both know it. What team do you even follow? What took you so long to post? Imo both coaches underachieved badly. Not sure what you even referring too? See I played for swo and had two sons suite up and win titles at swo.... you hiding behind the computer. I'll be at every swo game this year, 6*5 proud black man. You wont be able to miss me, swo hat and shirt on. We can talk in person if need be???
EVERYTHING you posted was correct? You sure about that? Lets see here.....
04 Kendric burney jr year, eastern finals at swo, ED had 10 pt lead with less then 4 mins to play.
Nope, this was an Eastern SEMI-FINAL game. Thought I had already covered that earlier. I would gladly post the link from the NCHSAA website but I just dont feel like it right now. I do know that SWO defeated East Carteret the next week in the Eastern finals and like I said, beat Shelby in Durham the following week. So thats 1 for me, 0 for you.
Bradley one of the best kickers in the state history
This one is a little tricky. ED actually had two very good kickers late 90s, early 2000s. Both went to play at next level after successful high school careers. Is Bradley a first or last name? Might give you half credit for this or a nice parting gift. Come on man, you can do it!!

ED had many years beat swo last game of the season, then bow out early in the playoffs,
Now this one is the one that really gets me. "Many" to most people means more than a couple (2), a few (3-4) or a handful (5). So going by that, I am guessing that "many" in your way of thinking might be more than 5, but I cant be sure. Give me the years this happened and I will prove that statement incorrect also. If not, I will see what I can come up with. I asked for this on Saturday when it was raining but you never responded. Didnt respond on Sunday either until I called you out. Your only rebuttal was talking up your physique, your game day attire, two sons and wanting to meet me.

So there, I have given you three things you posted that I can say, "Negative Ghostrider". Come on man, give me a lil sumpin, sumpin.

WRH could be one bad ass team this year. #'s are down like most schools, so there will be several players going both ways. Past few years didn't have many. Otis remembers in 17, third Rd at Northeastern coaches only played Javonte on defense when we needed a stop. Didn't play him at all on defense in championship against Reidsville. That being said we got multiple quality atheletes that will be playing defense this year. Hear defense set changing also. If qb really gets it this year, speed up offense a little so defenses can't get good adjustments on our offense,and utilize the kicking game with a top tear kicker, I think we got a shot. Big if's, though.

EVERYTHING you posted was correct? You sure about that? Lets see here.....

Nope, this was an Eastern SEMI-FINAL game. Thought I had already covered that earlier. I would gladly post the link from the NCHSAA website but I just dont feel like it right now. I do know that SWO defeated East Carteret the next week in the Eastern finals and like I said, beat Shelby in Durham the following week. So thats 1 for me, 0 for you.

This one is a little tricky. ED actually had two very good kickers late 90s, early 2000s. Both went to play at next level after successful high school careers. Is Bradley a first or last name? Might give you half credit for this or a nice parting gift. Come on man, you can do it!!

Now this one is the one that really gets me. "Many" to most people means more than a couple (2), a few (3-4) or a handful (5). So going by that, I am guessing that "many" in your way of thinking might be more than 5, but I cant be sure. Give me the years this happened and I will prove that statement incorrect also. If not, I will see what I can come up with. I asked for this on Saturday when it was raining but you never responded. Didnt respond on Sunday either until I called you out. Your only rebuttal was talking up your physique, your game day attire, two sons and wanting to meet me.

So there, I have given you three things you posted that I can say, "Negative Ghostrider". Come on man, give me a lil sumpin, sumpin.
Well since I have the undisputed data in my possession, since 1962 the two schools have met on the football field exactly 24 times, in 2004 they played twice in the same season as mentioned earlier with SWO winning both contests and guess what, the record is 12 wins for ED and 12 wins for SWO, isn't that amazing?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT