ADVERTISEMENT

Western Regional Championship Robbinsville vs Mitchell

Thanks. Lord my kin would blackball me if I shund Yancey County. I turn left at the hospital to go to the school, I'm guessing I turn right off 19E to get to Sizzling, right?

wgsiz.gif

OK. Fine. Mitchell will plow thru Robbinsville like a mule thru a cotton patch. Mitchell has already dispatched the 2 best teams in 1a west, Robbinsville let Murphy do their dirty work for them. Everyone knows that Eastern Randolph would have beat Robbinsville by 25. Hell, they barely got by North Rowan! Robbinsville brings nothing that Mitchell hasn't seen this season. I'll be surprised if it isn't over by halftime.
Mitchell 56
Robbinsville 17

OK. Fine. Mitchell will plow thru Robbinsville like a mule thru a cotton patch. Mitchell has already dispatched the 2 best teams in 1a west, Robbinsville let Murphy do their dirty work for them. Everyone knows that Eastern Randolph would have beat Robbinsville by 25. Hell, they barely got by North Rowan! Robbinsville brings nothing that Mitchell hasn't seen this season. I'll be surprised if it isn't over by halftime.
Mitchell 56
Robbinsville 17
Get a picture of this un

I think I've finally figured Robbinsville fans out. They're little bitches. They embrace the underdog mentality so that way, if they win: yay we overcame!, if they lose: we were suppose to. It completely absolves them from all responsibilities of a fan. Just like a bunch of little bitchboys.
Not sure about all that but they are good at poking until they get a fired up response.

I love old football story's, I grew up in Robbinsville and my best friend who grew up just up the road from me had family that lived in bakersville.
When we were kids we used to go up to rowan mountain and camp and fish various creeks throughout mitchell county.
I started to my friends grandmother and she told me that my Great Grandfather was originally from Bakersville and she showed me were he and his family used to live there in town, I thought that was so awesome, we definitely live in a small world.
My friends grandmother was a Bowman and all her boys attended Bowman hs in bakersville while they where growing up.
Sonny, Leon, Jim and Jack Bowman.
I was told many stories of the big battles in football between Bowman high and Spruce Pine, the one I remember best was about Jim Bowman who was a hero of mine, he was. Jim was a retired Major in the US Army Special Forces, member of the Eastern Band of the Cherokee Indians and was also a Tribal Council Member, he was just a great man. He played for Bowman high back in the 60's and was much of a man on the football field, story goes spruce pine burned a dummy of him at a pep rally the night before the game. The next night I was told he sent 5 players from spruce pine to the hospital.
Small towns have the best stories, I wish all the small schools still existed

I think I've finally figured Robbinsville fans out. They're little bitches. They embrace the underdog mentality so that way, if they win: yay we overcame!, if they lose: we were suppose to. It completely absolves them from all responsibilities of a fan. Just like a bunch of little bitchboys.
Listen Robbinsville fans, for goodness sake..Stop toying with Mitchell fans. Let them be the underdogs they truly are. We know what's gonna happen. Look at all the posts from the spring..SAME exact things were said..until the curb stomping commenced..then it stopped..I have a pretty good idea what's gonna happen Friday..I booked my room for the state championship ....................
Because I'm going rather Robbinsville wins or Mitchell wins...because I want to see the smackdown layed down from one of these teams from the West

Everyone here knows the history of Mitchell vs the SMC. I for one am just glad to be mentioned in the same time zone as an SMC team. If I was picking I would pick Rville, but come on you can’t expect all of us Mitchell fans to just go ahead and roll over and give up. What example would that be to the young men putting on the helmets?
I think Mitchell has earned maybe a small amount of respect from some SMC coaches if not all the fans.
I fully expect that Mitchell will play as hard as possible to change the history of the 4th round. Who knows what will happen, look at the craziness from last Friday night.
Hoping for a good clean game with no injuries and safe travels for all.
Now having said all I that…..

Go Mountaineers (shock the Knights)

PS…think I will hit up the sizzler tonight…

Everyone here knows the history of Mitchell vs the SMC. I for one am just glad to be mentioned in the same time zone as an SMC team. If I was picking I would pick Rville, but come on you can’t expect all of us Mitchell fans to just go ahead and roll over and give up. What example would that be to the young men putting on the helmets?
I think Mitchell has earned maybe a small amount of respect from some SMC coaches if not all the fans.
I fully expect that Mitchell will play as hard as possible to change the history of the 4th round. Who knows what will happen, look at the craziness from last Friday night.

Mitchell definitely has my respect

I'm trying the relocated Mexican restaurant tonight. Claudia's

Reactions: wncbowhunter
Listen Robbinsville fans, for goodness sake..Stop toying with Mitchell fans. Let them be the underdogs they truly are. We know what's gonna happen. Look at all the posts from the spring..SAME exact things were said..until the curb stomping commenced..then it stopped..I have a pretty good idea what's gonna happen Friday..I booked my room for the state championship ....................
Because I'm going rather Robbinsville wins or Mitchell wins...because I want to see the smackdown layed down from one of these teams from the West
LOL!!

I tend to agree with Mountie. I’ve never seen a bunch sandbag so much in my life as does Robbinsville fans and my family is from Robbinsville. It makes it easier to lose that way
Yeah it helps us with all the games we've lost the last few years..
34-4

Last edited:
Reactions: Emmasdaddy1
Gentle that record is impressive which is all the more reason that you guys shouldn’t sandbag and act like you are the underdog. It just doesn’t hold up
And really don't understand how in the world rville record the last several years has anything to do with fridays game. Mitchell has a great record too I think. Alot of those that built those records are gone.

There is no denying that. I think one fan base is playing the game with the other. I’m fully expecting one fan base to start telling us how the 8th grade 6’5 300 pound starting right tackle is out due to an injury suffered on his way to practice Monday after school when he was bitten by a rattlesnake in 30 degree weather lol

There is no denying that. I think one fan base is playing the game with the other. I’m fully expecting one fan base to start telling us how the 8th grade 6’5 300 pound starting right tackle is out due to an injury suffered on his way to practice Monday after school when he was bitten by a rattlesnake in 30 degree weather lol
I'm a rville fan and not doing any sandbagging...I think Mitchell by all the present facts should be the favorite going in. But I have no idea what will happen after kickoff. Both schools have made it farther than most would have predicted preseason.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT