ADVERTISEMENT

Western Final: Burns vs Reidsville

Monroe had a better defensive front than Burns I think, but Thompson was a bad matchup for the Redhawks, and their 2ndary was decent but not better than Burns. Monroe's offense would have made it more of a challenge for a strategy for Reidsville, as they score in bunches. Burns won that game off hunger and a slow start for Redhawks, so yeah it would have been a better match up for Rams and more of a challenge for Teague and staff.
Matchups win the games, as this one favored the Rams.
Monroe would have gotten same result. Because they throw a lot. Have to be able to run the ball and throw at a high level against this team

Monroe would have gotten same result. Because they throw a lot. Have to be able to run the ball and throw at a high level against this team
Their defensive front was better than Burns, and would have gotten more sacks on Lee tbh. That would have negated offensive points, and their QB was more elusive than Burns QB.

Would have been a better match up, not saying they would have won, but the game would have been more back and forth

Reactions: NC Joker
I will be with you all in a few minutes. I had to leave the game almost when it startred. So I will be reading about the game just to catch up. By the way what was the final score?

Their defensive front was better than Burns, and would have gotten more sacks on Lee tbh. That would have negated offensive points, and their QB was more elusive than Burns QB.

Would have been a better match up, not saying they would have won, but the game would have been more back and forth
Burns had 10 sacks id say that’s pretty good lol

Reactions: Chopper747
I dont think ya'll were out played, they just had your number. Teague is an encyclopedia of game strategy. They knew where Burns weaknesses were and took advantage.

If you had recruited a few more Shelby, ER, and Crest players to over athlete their strategy ya'll might have won. :D

Mauney should have run more, as nobody would have accounted for that, but chalk the L up as learning experience.
The defensive genius that puts together the Rams defensive game plan is DOUG MARRS with help from Steve Knowles and others.

Burns had 10 sacks id say that’s pretty good lol

Yeah, but Redhawks and really polished front line that contained really well, every play. Burns struggled to move the ball tonight. Redhawks QB was more elusive and more accurate with a laser armcheck the video), but I think your coaches would have used a different strategy for them anyway. Would have been a 5 point game either way, as your defense would have slowed them down more than Burns did.

Reactions: NC Joker
actually goob it's 0-3....2018 and 2019 in state title game and spring of 2021 in regional finals................................
Yes sir, I forgot about the trip to Reidsville. Crazy thing is I was there lol 😂. Otis and myself ate at your restaurant.

Reactions: rambbq
Al Lee threw some dimes tonight. Few on critical 3rd and 4th downs. Great game Lee. Flippen another great performance . Harrison nothing else can be said. The man is a great athlete. Neal was quiet but made some of those big catches on the rollouts and fought for the first downs. Great grinding win Rams. Proud to call y’all my team.

What’s ridiculous is Shelby’s coaching staff. That’s the biggest thing that I got from what little I saw of this game. I’m not knocking the Rams in any fashion. They looked very good.

The stage was too big for Burns’ quarterback, though. He looked and played timidly. Had opportunities to make plays with his legs, and keep the chains moving, but he shied away from doing so, especially the play he drew a penalty for going over the line of scrimmage. Heck of a Junior season for the young man, though. Mostly have to credit the Rams’ defense for Burns’ struggles on offense..

Have to tip your hat to the Rams. Teague is a legend, and they have a well rounded team. Props to Ramkiller. The man has called everything to the T. Give that man his props.
I think I called it pretty good. I will print it for you.

Burns is no one trick pony. They will come out running and they have runners. They will not go right at Reidsville's passing defense in the beginning. Reidsville two weeks ago faced another team with runners. That team picked up 106 on the ground,56 through the air, most of that in the 4th quarter against subs. That team tried to pass three times, in the first half, they found Reidsville closing fast, pick city. When Burns finds they can't run they are going to pass. One week ago Reidsville played a team that made their season with a great passer and great D1 pass receiver (finished with 45 receiving). Second play one minute in, all the confidence in world, we can pass on these boys, tossed it long, oh here comes THAT guy (Reidsville has several of them), pick 6. One minute in. The ball in less that 3 seconds traveled from the Maiden QB's hands at the 17 to the waiting finger tips of both the Maiden receiver and THAT guy, on the Reidsville 45. 8 seconds later and the ball crossed at the pylon. Touchdown Reidsville. 11 seconds from the thought that we can pass on these guys, a feeling of certainty turned to trepidation. Meet Flippen. Burns knows about that play. Reidsville gets one pick or just close to one, some football players are going to get cotton mouth.

Also I hope ya'll enjoyed meeting THAT guy and the others and how about Harrison. What a man.

• Love
Reactions: Rammer16
Yeah burns returns Mauney and the running back, they will be a top 5 team in 2a next season
they will suck to the same level as Shelby.

Everybody will suck just like this year, except the Rams. They wont be a clumsy titan like this season. Unless somebody's got some new unknown talent coming up.

What’s ridiculous is Shelby’s coaching staff. That’s the biggest thing that I got from what little I saw of this game. I’m not knocking the Rams in any fashion. They looked very good.

The stage was too big for Burns’ quarterback, though. He looked and played timidly. Had opportunities to make plays with his legs, and keep the chains moving, but he shied away from doing so, especially the play he drew a penalty for going over the line of scrimmage. Heck of a Junior season for the young man, though. Mostly have to credit the Rams’ defense for Burns’ struggles on offense..

Have to tip your hat to the Rams. Teague is a legend, and they have a well rounded team. Props to Ramkiller. The man has called everything to the T. Give that man his props.
How can you say "the stage was to big for Burns' quarterback?" The kid plays frequently on the stage of the greatest football arenas in NC High School Football (Actually maybe in US). CLEVELAND COUNTY. It don't get no bigger,,,,,,,,,,, well maybe it does. I guess you are right, my apologies.

they will suck to the same level as Shelby.

Everybody will suck just like this year, except the Rams. They wont be a clumsy titan like this season. Unless somebody's got some new unknown talent coming up.

It does seem as though most teams are losing a lot. Just early observations I'd still consider Burns, shelby, monroe to be top 10 teams out of the west.

Yeah, but Redhawks and really polished front line that contained really well, every play. Burns struggled to move the ball tonight. Redhawks QB was more elusive and more accurate with a laser armcheck the video), but I think your coaches would have used a different strategy for them anyway. Would have been a 5 point game either way, as your defense would have slowed them down more than Burns did.
Those are good points. How do you think Shelby would have done. I mean we can't disregard Shelby when making comparisons. They made the playoffs too you know, also played Burns. I mean i know about the running clock and all. Oh and did you think that Harrison man looked clumsy? Or the rest of the team for that matter?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Congrats to Reidsville. You guys know you have a great team and deserve to talk smack.
Burns never had a chance - just like Chase and Maiden. That‘s some really good teams that got totally dominated by the Rams like 98-20…wow.
I honestly think Coach Teague could take that Burns talent and beat Reidsville. This game reminded me of the Burns KM game.
Congrats to Burns on a great year, but I’m disappointed that they left what’s probably the best opportunity in the foreseeable future to win a ring in Reidsville tonight. I knew I should’ve gone to the EL SP game.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Turns out Reidsville is a one man team. Yep they are. But which one man. Seems like there was a bunch of them. One over here one over there. One intercepting, oh another one doing the same. One man was all over the place, batting passes, catching passes, making touchdowns. running down and sacking quarterbacks. Whole bunch of them. Yep it's a one man team alright.

Burns is legit.....Rams this year are just a special bunch...respond well to their coaches..their weekly preparation is pretty solid....a reflection of their coach (Jimmy Teague).................East Duplin is next on the agenda...this will be the FOURTH week in a row with Reidsville facing a team they have never played before (Chase, Maiden, Burns, East Duplin).......................................btw...was impressed by the great crowd that followed Burns...............

Last edited:
This is the start of another 3 PEAT! I'm not being cocky or biased. But having what we have coming back and what the Raiders are producing....It's looking real good in the VILLE!! DIONTE is going to be a absolute animal. He should get a shot at the QB position but that's just me. AL is going to be coming off a Loss to Shelby as a Sophomore and a State Championship as a Junior so hard to replace even though I love Neal at the Helm even though he can do whatever Receiving. Queshyne will probably transfer to Southeast (Source is as solid as they come) He needs more targets! I don't blame him at all. That will hurt but we will still be unstoppable in 2A. I don't see us losing another game for a few years in 2A. And probably non conference as well depending on who we play. Shout out to Burns. But Reidsville holds Chase, Maiden and Burns to a Combined 21 I believe. Y'all woulda dogged me if I would have said something close to that. But I told y'all if you are going to pass the ball you're in for a long night. And seeing East Bladen actually passes it and got 58 put on them.....It's gonna be a real long Saturday for them! Reidsville 56-13!!! Ram pride

This is the start of another 3 PEAT! I'm not being cocky or biased. But having what we have coming back and what the Raiders are producing....It's looking real good in the VILLE!! DIONTE is going to be a absolute animal. He should get a shot at the QB position but that's just me. AL is going to be coming off a Loss to Shelby as a Sophomore and a State Championship as a Junior so hard to replace even though I love Neal at the Helm even though he can do whatever Receiving. Queshyne will probably transfer to Southeast (Source is as solid as they come) He needs more targets! I don't blame him at all. That will hurt but we will still be unstoppable in 2A. I don't see us losing another game for a few years in 2A. And probably non conference as well depending on who we play. Shout out to Burns. But Reidsville holds Chase, Maiden and Burns to a Combined 21 I believe. Y'all woulda dogged me if I would have said something close to that. But I told y'all if you are going to pass the ball you're in for a long night. And seeing East Bladen actually passes it and got 58 put on them.....It's gonna be a real long Saturday for them! Reidsville 56-13!!! Ram pride
Harrison who I forgot is going to be a absolute nightmare for the next 3 years as well. Might be 6'9 by then. Who knows. The talent just keeps pouring in!!! We are going Streaking!!! LoL!!

Reactions: Rammer16
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT