ADVERTISEMENT

West Lincoln @ Shelby

shelbyfan1

Aug 22, 2011
Ok lets get it started...
Shelby needs to cut out the mistakes. ( 3 turnovers. Vs Maiden) also pentlys.
We need to come out fast and smack them in mouth.
West will come in with nothing to lose, and chip on there shoulders.
Shelby should be able to out. Athlete West
But after beating SP they belive they can win it.
Im thinking they want be able to cover Shelby Rec.
Probably looking at a score of Shelby 38- West 14

Reactions: blkgolddynasty
i still giggle about the time we went over to West.... I was walking from home side over to visitors and there was a dead white cat in the endzone...

Thought "Well hows that for intimidation" ha ha ha ha ha

West had two very good runningbacks...we will need to play sound defense and not make silly mistakes on offense...

Looking forward to a good one

i still giggle about the time we went over to West.... I was walking from home side over to visitors and there was a dead white cat in the endzone...

West had two very good runningbacks...we will need to play sound defense and not make silly mistakes on offense...

Man you got me in tears. You're lying

Last edited:
Ok my Shelby friends, we are back again lol. I don't know that any West fans that think we can come to your house and out athlete you guys. However our players are riding high right now and playing with a purpose of breaking any and every record at west. They are playing with more heart than any West team ive ever seen and so high on adrenaline right now that pain and suffering isn't in thier vocabulary. We play our game and Shelby makes some mistakes; it couls make for an interesting night. If y'all are on your game then we are in for a long hard night. No score predictions out of me because anything can happen on any given Friday night. Good luck and look foward to seeing y'all again.

Reactions: DaBluePrint1

I saw that cat as well. Was that 98?

Last edited:
Reactions: blkgolddynasty
Running clock 2nd half. Even with the mistakes that were made Friday we bounced back! That Defense is lights out so is The OLine! Go Lions
I don't know about a running clock but I agree Shelby won't have any problems this week.. Even if they have a few mistakes/turnovers... Their defense is good enough to shut that down...

42-13 Shelby

I don't know about a running clock but I agree Shelby won't have any problems this week.. Even if they have a few mistakes/turnovers... Their defense is good enough to shut that down...

42-13 Shelby
If so, the 13 comes in the 4th against the young guys! After checking stats we have only given up 162 TOTAL yds and 1 td so far in playoffs. After not playing so well first half last night I think staff lights a fire under them and they dominate even more rest of way.

Reactions: theTRUEdynasty
If so, the 13 comes in the 4th against the young guys! After checking stats we have only given up 162 TOTAL yds and 1 td so far in playoffs. After not playing so well first half last night I think staff lights a fire under them and they dominate even more rest of way.
Maybe so! Just hope Burns wins next week too.. Would be absolutely awesome to have a Burns/Shelby Western final!

U can belive if it comes to a Shelby vs Burns again
Coaches at Shelby will do everything possible to take Pryor away..i could see David trying to bring fullback in play, something he didnt really use last game.
I also see Shelby trying to pound Burns with run like we did in 2nd half..
If it happens going be special.....least its at Shelby again

Last edited:
U can belive if it comes to a Shelby vs Burns again
Coaches at Shelby will do everything possible to take Pyor away..i could see David trying to bring fullback in play, something he didnt really use last game.
I also see Shelby trying to pound Burns with run like we did in 2nd half..
If it happens going be special.....least its at Shelby again
Always tough to beat a team twice in the same year... Don't know why that is, but it is... IF that happens, Shelby will still be favored, but it'll be a different game from the last for sure... Either way, neither can think about it yet, still gotta win one more... But oh how fun it would be...

Reactions: Bulldog_012
Game is over by halftime.....sorry west I love an underdog but Shelby just has way way too much speed. I see a second quarter running clock .

Thank you SHS Lion. I know we can't judge anything off last year. One thing is for sure some of you may be right about the running clock; it definitely isnt out of the question. We were predicted to be worse than last year; we did have one win less. What gets me is; Newton was given more credit than us. Yes they beat us by 3 points in a game that we dominated in the first half against more athletes than we had. We missed a field goal attempt early in the game and lost our weak side linebacker to disqualification in the second quarter. We didn't adjust; Newton won the second half and the game by capitalizing on it. Newton was predisted to give reidsville a game with thier athletes and we all know how that turned out. This is not a Newton bashing at all; just a point that we had less athletes than Newton going into that game. They won by finding a weakness and capitalizing.
We were expected to get blown out by North because they have more athletes. We played North the best game this year besides parkwood.
We were expected to lose to Ashe county because of thier high powered passing game. We held them to 211 yds through the air and less than 250 total offense and blew them out.
South Point; did anyone besides the South Fork faithful see that one coming? No; can't find the stats on that one but one thing is for sure thier two best players didn't hurt us and they couldn't stop our running game. Which now the excuse is they struggled all year and thats true but leading up to last week we were no match for them because they had more and better athletes than we have.
Now Shelby is a different animal; best 2A team in the state. Athletes all over the field; I give credit where credit is due. Point is West has been an underdog all year and will continue to be one; understandable. BUT; people and teams have under estimated us all year. I'm glad they have; it gives our boys drive to play even harder and more physical. Running clock may happen but remember West is playing for pride and has nothing to lose. Shelby is playing for that next State Championship and has everything to lose. Pressure is on Shelby not us. For Shelby High Shools sake I hope its not a running clock. Running clock means fabs leave including Shelby fans which takes money from the school. Last thing I would be wishing for is a running clock. Anyway, we have a uphill battle for sure. Shelby is a dynasty and a well deserved one at that. It is our honor to play the best team.

Shelby D is going to be too stout for WL. It was hard to tell how good WL pass defense is, because South Point's passing game was awful. I think Shelby wins 4-5 TD's, at least.

Egan, I'm not being a butt but whats the analytics behind Shelbys D being too stout? What is that based off of. I have heard that alot and just wanting to know why? You all got the speed thing right; we are slower....... In the open field but you have to get there first. Last year you guys were faster than we were and you broke one big play second play of the game and that was it. We didn't allow any run away plays rest of the night and definitely no more big passes. 28-7 last year was a very respecttable game considering we dropped a TD pass in the endzone and missed a field goal. Game could have easily been 28-17 and we were outnumbered by athletes last year.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Yes they beat us by 3 points in a game that we dominated in the first half against more athletes than we had. Newton was predisted to give reidsville a game with thier athletes and we all know how that turned out. This is not a Newton bashing at all; just a point that we had less athletes than Newton.

Just FYI...I’d rather play NC ten more times than see WL again. You got 2 backs that have over 3000 yards.. that’s some athletes! Testament to the line that got them their too. Speed can kill.. but only if ya let it. Don’t get me wrong.. I’m not saying WL is going to win.. but they are playing inspired football right now! I think they will make it a game... and who knows..good luck to the southfork!

If we both manage a W.. I stop cheering for ya lol!

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Understandable NorthFan. Good luck to you guys, I'm cheering for you too.

@West17 can you answer a question for me ? What has changed with west in the last few years to get such a great outcome on the football feild? When my boys were in middle school they played west middle and they were terrible but that same group of guys would be the varsity team now. Don’t get me wrong with the question I’m not sayin anything bad I’m actually very happy for those guys. I know it takes a lot of hard work and it looks like it has paid off. I know that the wrestling team is always full of studs and looks like the football teams is getting there also :). Congratulations on a great season regardless of the outcome of Friday’s game

A different breed of kids last two years. Very hard workers and genuinely unselfish and good kids. They have worked hard on and off the field year round. Plus coaching from middle school to now is a word of difference. Coaching at the middle school has struggled in the past and thank god to puberty.

I think Coach Ponder has had a big hand in it as well. He is a hard nosed gritty guy that you want to go out there and play for. At a lot of schools that’s what it really takes, the right hire.

Reactions: Mopar forever
I think Coach Ponder has had a big hand in it as well. He is a hard nosed gritty guy that you want to go out there and play for. At a lot of schools that’s what it really takes, the right hire.
Ponder is a good one ....now c'mon west let's play a home and home ever year ....we neighbors....

Last edited:
Reactions: notanyonesfan
Thank you SHS Lion. I know we can't judge anything off last year. One thing is for sure some of you may be right about the running clock; it definitely isnt out of the question. We were predicted to be worse than last year; we did have one win less. What gets me is; Newton was given more credit than us. Yes they beat us by 3 points in a game that we dominated in the first half against more athletes than we had. We missed a field goal attempt early in the game and lost our weak side linebacker to disqualification in the second quarter. We didn't adjust; Newton won the second half and the game by capitalizing on it. Newton was predisted to give reidsville a game with thier athletes and we all know how that turned out. This is not a Newton bashing at all; just a point that we had less athletes than Newton going into that game. They won by finding a weakness and capitalizing.
We were expected to get blown out by North because they have more athletes. We played North the best game this year besides parkwood.
We were expected to lose to Ashe county because of thier high powered passing game. We held them to 211 yds through the air and less than 250 total offense and blew them out.
South Point; did anyone besides the South Fork faithful see that one coming? No; can't find the stats on that one but one thing is for sure thier two best players didn't hurt us and they couldn't stop our running game. Which now the excuse is they struggled all year and thats true but leading up to last week we were no match for them because they had more and better athletes than we have.
Now Shelby is a different animal; best 2A team in the state. Athletes all over the field; I give credit where credit is due. Point is West has been an underdog all year and will continue to be one; understandable. BUT; people and teams have under estimated us all year. I'm glad they have; it gives our boys drive to play even harder and more physical. Running clock may happen but remember West is playing for pride and has nothing to lose. Shelby is playing for that next State Championship and has everything to lose. Pressure is on Shelby not us. For Shelby High Shools sake I hope its not a running clock. Running clock means fabs leave including Shelby fans which takes money from the school. Last thing I would be wishing for is a running clock. Anyway, we have a uphill battle for sure. Shelby is a dynasty and a well deserved one at that. It is our honor to play the best team.
Classy post and I wish you all nothing but the best in pulling a huge upset.

Lawndog. U would be pulling for upset...cause u dont want to face them Lions again...

Oh Btw could have been a 3 td win...Wilbanks didnt try to score again at end when we were at goal line

But i know Burns playing great ball...Pryor unreal

Reactions: notanyonesfan
I thought you were not anyone’s fan, but lately, I’ve noticed that you use “we” in association with Burns.
I said before, and I really don't remember what thread, that I'm a Burns fan... I graduated from there in 02... But I am also a Cleveland County fan... So I'm "notanyonesfan" but I am a 4 school fan! I want CC to succeed, no matter who it is!

Since West Lincoln is only a driver and a 3-wood from the Cleveland county line..... I’ll take West Lincoln. They gotta be good!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT