ADVERTISEMENT

West Forsyth 1-0 at Mooresville 1-0

MooresvilleDevil06

Aug 28, 2012
Both coming off week 1 wins... as far as I know... this is the first ever regular season match up between these two programs. Idk a lot about West Forsyth this year... I know they’re strong on the oline and have a couple very solid RBs. As for us... this game will be good experience for our young team to get ready for conference play. We have a lot of speed. Not a ton of size. Hope we can stay competitive with west. I believe the WF fans travel well so this should be a good atmosphere. Thoughts?

How’s Mooresville this season? I seen you guys had a close scrimmage with Myers Park a couple weeks back. You guys firing on all cylinders or what?

How’s Mooresville this season? I seen you guys had a close scrimmage with Myers Park a couple weeks back. You guys firing on all cylinders or what?

Hard to say really. We looked great vs myers Park on defense. Last week van west rowan the defense looked just as strong but the offense sputtered... kept getting in our own way with penalties. We are trying to replace 15 starters so we definitely haven’t hit full stride yet for sure.

West Forsyth is very strong on the Oline and #1 is one of the most explosive RB/Slot receivers in the area if not the State. Defense they have a very strong Dline and their LB #18 is the real deal. If there is a weakness with this West Forsyth team its their QB and their secondary. The QB can run and make the easy throws when the run game is firing on all cylinders. If your team can slow down the run and make him drop back 25 times to throw you can win. If West can run the ball it's going to be a long night for Mooresville. I think West moves on to
2-0

West Forsyth- 35
Mooresville- 10

Reactions: CPC4LIFE
West Forsyth is very strong on the Oline and #1 is one of the most explosive RB/Slot receivers in the area if not the State. Defense they have a very strong Dline and their LB #18 is the real deal. If there is a weakness with this West Forsyth team its their QB and their secondary. The QB can run and make the easy throws when the run game is firing on all cylinders. If your team can slow down the run and make him drop back 25 times to throw you can win. If West can run the ball it's going to be a long night for Mooresville. I think West moves on to
2-0

West Forsyth- 35
Mooresville- 10

Well we were strong against the run last week... but different caliber of opponent. I’m just glad it’s home this year and weather won’t be a factor.

Let’s go Big Blue! #GavinStrong

Reactions: Veejay4
In my predictions in another post, I've got West Forsyth 26-21

Not gonna lie Honda.... if this ends being close to your prediction, I’d be happy with that performance. I think most people see this as a similar outcome to the WF/Dudley game. I don’t know enough about WF to make an educated prediction, I’m just hoping we play a complete game.

Not gonna lie Honda.... if this ends being close to your prediction, I’d be happy with that performance. I think most people see this as a similar outcome to the WF/Dudley game. I don’t know enough about WF to make an educated prediction, I’m just hoping we play a complete game.
Based on what I've heard, I need to ask the question; is West that good or did Dudley not play well? I didn't see the game, so I can't answer that one.

West made mistakes, 3 turnovers and 13 penalties for 130yds; most definitely, not one of Dudley’s strongest teams... as they made about the same amount of mistakes & penalties. West had more talent and Warhead is right, the O-Line is as good as any in the State. Coach Snow says it’s probably the biggest O-line he’s had at West and maybe the best. The West defense wasn’t really tested in that game. I want to see them against a great offense and we’ll all know more.

Last edited:
Based on what I've heard, I need to ask the question; is West that good or did Dudley not play well? I didn't see the game, so I can't answer that one.

Very Young! (DUDLEY) 2 young Sophomore QB's, Question marks with the LB's & Secondary. With no depth. I would put them a little above 500 this year.

I’d argue a down Dudley is at a similar level to us right now. Maybe I’m over thinking it. But we are trying to replace 15 starters... we’re extremely young this year. Also think we may be heading into this one a bit banged up.

I’d argue a down Dudley is at a similar level to us right now. Maybe I’m over thinking it. But we are trying to replace 15 starters... we’re extremely young this year. Also think we may be heading into this one a bit banged up.

After one game? Practice must be pretty intense

Very Young! (DUDLEY) 2 young Sophomore QB's, Question marks with the LB's & Secondary. With no depth. I would put them a little above 500 this year.
I also noticed that the two big fellows seemed a little gassed. Not saying they were taking plays off but kids that size need someone to spare them from time to time. If they don't have depth that might not be possible. Just shows that it takes more than 4 and 5 stars!

Reactions: scots roll
36-0 half. Humbled. Humiliated. Embarrassed. Safe travels home titans, sorry we have ya absolutely nothing tonight.

I know Mooresville isn't the best team, but this is impressive. WF may be for real this year y'all.

Yeah win vs mooresville....title contenders......................................

Never said that. I have no connections to West Forsyth except it being a school in the county I grew up in. All I'm saying is, I thought this would be a close game.

Reactions: Warhead1
Never said that. I have no connections to West Forsyth except it being a school in the county I grew up in. All I'm saying is, I thought this would be a close game.

This was never going to be close. But we look like a team that is never suited up and played the sport before.

49-7 final.

West Forsyth will go as far as #1 takes them. That kid is unreal. Quick, explosive, strong, vision. We couldn’t contain him all night... and it showed. WF literally just handed it to him almost the whole first half, we had no answer. Congrats to the titans.... took us absolutely to the woodshed.

Time for us to eat our humble pie, and get after it next week vs Davie Co.

Yeah win vs mooresville....title contenders......................................
Dude relax with the West Forsyth hate. Are they Mallard Creek or Vance NO!!! They are a really good football team that will probably win the CPC beat East Forsyth and make a 3rd rd playoff run. They smacked two quality opponents (I know you think everyone West beats sucks) They are in my opinion the best team in the Triad area like I've been saying for the last 5 months. Only team in this area that can beat them is East Forsyth. I hope East can pull it off and boy oh boy I can't wait for that night in K-Vegas!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT