ADVERTISEMENT

West Caldwell Warriors football?

Doppleganger#

Jul 4, 2003
What is the word on West Caldwell football? Are they showing any improvement? They have a new HC Monte Simmons and a Sophomore QB in Jaylon Patterson that shows good promising future. Any other thoughts?

Reactions: UNC91
All answers will be opinions, so here goes. QB hasn’t had time to throw, Beaver kid is under utilized and right now they’re not very disciplined. Now granted it’s 3 games into Simmons initial season, so maybe discipline will come these are teenagers, so heck who knows when you can get them to listen. They do have some athletes with speed but Beaver kid also brings pretty good strength.Other backs may be quicker but they’re usually getting hit in backfield, and he tends to be able to break free from initial hit a little better. Defense seemed to be out of position a lot...

All answers will be opinions, so here goes. QB hasn’t had time to throw, Beaver kid is under utilized and right now they’re not very disciplined. Now granted it’s 3 games into Simmons initial season, so maybe discipline will come these are teenagers, so heck who knows when you can get them to listen. They do have some athletes with speed but Beaver kid also brings pretty good strength.Other backs may be quicker but they’re usually getting hit in backfield, and he tends to be able to break free from initial hit a little better. Defense seemed to be out of position a lot...

No time to throw ain’t the word for it. It was a sack feast in a close game with EB.

Biggest issue is Discipline at West Caldwell - They got some talent and they can be a good team but gotta get some things to gel together

Reactions: Slasher Killer
Not sure they are running the right offense for the strength of kids they have.. Their speed alone should be most of the teams they will play the rest of the season.. You have a big strong full back and a fairly decent offensive line,, run the middle,,,,Not sure why they tried to pass against hibriten,, really shortened their time on offense and was very unsuccessful . The penalties and ejections speak for themselves, i think i heard 1 per game for the first three,, thats not good, but they are kids and playing with emotion counts.. Long way for them though,, fortunately for west the conference is very weak, so they can win games and build confidence who knows..

Biggest issue is Discipline at West Caldwell - They got some talent and they can be a good team but gotta get some things to gel together

Are you guys still talking about Discipline issues at West Caldwell? Several years ago it was due to having young coaches heading both your football and basketball programs. You ran those coaches off. Hired Experience in Biggerstaff, one and done. Hired Billy Anderson in basketball experienced head coach, Now Monte Simmons another experienced head coach and now discipline is the issue again. I will say this again Simmons is a good coach, however, West Caldwell is a dumpster fire. And that community has no clue on what winning programs in football look like. I would have taken an assistant coach at a middle school or somewhere else before I took the football job at West Caldwell. Absolute DUMPSTER FIRE!!!!!!!!

Are you guys still talking about Discipline issues at West Caldwell? Several years ago it was due to having young coaches heading both your football and basketball programs. You ran those coaches off. Hired Experience in Biggerstaff, one and done. Hired Billy Anderson in basketball experienced head coach, Now Monte Simmons another experienced head coach and now discipline is the issue again. I will say this again Simmons is a good coach, however, West Caldwell is a dumpster fire. And that community has no clue on what winning programs in football look like. I would have taken an assistant coach at a middle school or somewhere else before I took the football job at West Caldwell. Absolute DUMPSTER FIRE!!!!!!!!
Biggerstaff had to retire due to his health. Yeah there's a few bad apples. Seems to be getting better now. You know trooper, if we had the best 5 y'all have across town, that are supper to be playing at WC simply cause they live in WC district, you think we'd be better? And y'all not so good? And that's not all that are over there either. Enjoy your ride. Playoffs are coming soon. May run through all the teams around here, but that run will end again. Come August after losing all those seniors, reality will sink in.
Our guys aren't gonna quit playing hard. They are learning yet another system and getting better. No matter what dumpster fire some fools claim it to be, they will still keep on showing up to practice every week trying to win.

Biggerstaff had to retire due to his health. Yeah there's a few bad apples. Seems to be getting better now. You know trooper, if we had the best 5 y'all have across town, that are supper to be playing at WC simply cause they live in WC district, you think we'd be better? And y'all not so good? And that's not all that are over there either. Enjoy your ride. Playoffs are coming soon. May run through all the teams around here, but that run will end again. Come August after losing all those seniors, reality will sink in.
Our guys aren't gonna quit playing hard. They are learning yet another system and getting better. No matter what dumpster fire some fools claim it to be, they will still keep on showing up to practice every week trying to win.
I don't think he's a Hibriten guy. 🤷‍♂️

Definitely not a Hibriten guy! Most of us HHS posters truly want WC to be competitive, so that the game with us can become a rivalry again, and mean something. Yes our day is probably coming, it’s probably time for a slide, but I can tell you Simmons isn’t the answer. If I’m wrong I’ll say I’m wrong. You have to put your best players on the field and not play favorites!

Reactions: WC-Warriors
Definitely not a Hibriten guy! Most of us HHS posters truly want WC to be competitive, so that the game with us can become a rivalry again, and mean something. Yes our day is probably coming, it’s probably time for a slide, but I can tell you Simmons isn’t the answer. If I’m wrong I’ll say I’m wrong. You have to put your best players on the field and not play favorites!
I think after this season, our young men should have some confidence built up. I can already see things changing. We got to be able to fill a couple spots that are seniors now. Good thing we have a lot of Jr's that are getting it done and have been playing on the varsity level for 3 years now. Way it looks, we should and could win out.
If we can keep the ball moving and get some more wins, I think this coming fall we could be pretty good. I do believe the black and blue game in the fall will be a good one.

Warriors you guys will get there just keep working. I see you guys shut Foard out they still have a few good players!!

No, Simmons is not the answer, have you seen the playcalling? All I can say is "wow "........ The playcalling is laughable and the discipline is non existent!

At the black and blue game I saw an undisciplined WC team, success running the ball with the Beaver kid, too many pass plays called and defense that was nonexistant! I know there are athletes at WC and any kids living in that district that play at Hibriten do so of their own or their parents' wishes. They want to play for an excellent program where you earn your spot.

After watching WC-Patton, I not only think Simmons isn't the answer but this may be one of the worst coached teams in NC. The playcalling is atrocious, kids constantly out of position looking lost, some decent talent that needs to be repositioned and no discipline. They are weak at RB but they have some athletes at receiver positions that would make fine running backs. #44 is just too slow to be a reliable threat at RB. With a middle school program that just picked up it's first win in 5 years and a few very capable atheletes that chose to transfer out of district to Hibriten, this program has no upward trajectory! Hope I'm wrong and Oh I'm sure someone will say they won against Patton but Patton is pretty bad. For the most part, this conference is pretty bad. You have Hibriten with Bunker Hill a distant second and everyone else just playing to avoid the cellar. Bottom line is that yes, sometimes these kids are out of position and look lost but for the duration of a 48 minute game this coaching staff not only looks lost, they look non-existent........ JMO

After watching WC-Patton, I not only think Simmons isn't the answer but this may be one of the worst coached teams in NC. The playcalling is atrocious, kids constantly out of position looking lost, some decent talent that needs to be repositioned and no discipline. They are weak at RB but they have some athletes at receiver positions that would make fine running backs. #44 is just too slow to be a reliable threat at RB. With a middle school program that just picked up it's first win in 5 years and a few very capable atheletes that chose to transfer out of district to Hibriten, this program has no upward trajectory! Hope I'm wrong and Oh I'm sure someone will say they won against Patton but Patton is pretty bad. For the most part, this conference is pretty bad. You have Hibriten with Bunker Hill a distant second and everyone else just playing to avoid the cellar. Bottom line is that yes, sometimes these kids are out of position and look lost but for the duration of a 48 minute game this coaching staff not only looks lost, they look non-existent........ JMO
Who are you Tarhole Greg? I'd like to meet you.
44 ain't the fastest rb, but he's the one with the vision up field, can hit the holes, and run over players.

Who are you Tarhole Greg? I'd like to meet you.
44 ain't the fastest rb, but he's the one with the vision up field, can hit the holes, and run over players.
Just an opinion dude, everyone is entitled to one. As far as #44 , 136 yards through the first four games isn't exactly tearing it up and I saw several times he was stuffed for big losses , didn't see anyone ran over. A lot of that is on the offensive line but I did see some big gainers by the WR's on end sweep plays and some decent QB runs when he went North-South. #44 is a good linebacker and would make a good blocking fullback .They're needs to be a little bit of speed in the backfield. As far as calling people names for their opinion only shows your maturity. If you think Simmons is good for the program then good for you , it's your opinion but everyone has opinions.

Last edited:
Just an opinion dude, everyone is entitled to one. As far as #44 , 136 yards through the first four games isn't exactly tearing it up and I saw several times he was stuffed for big losses , didn't see anyone ran over. A lot of that is on the offensive line but I did see some big gainers by the WR's on end sweep plays and some decent QB runs when he went North-South. #44 is a good linebacker and would make a good blocking fullback .They're needs to be a little bit of speed in the backfield. As far as calling people names for their opinion only shows your maturity. If you think Simmons is good for the program then good for you , it's your opinion but everyone has opinions.
Name calling 😂😂😂😂😂
Tarheel- Tarhole
Lighting up mr mature.

Last edited:
Reactions: BlueDevil1996
Biggerstaff didn’t quit because of health reasons, they only hired him last year bc the school didn’t have a position that they could pay a full time coach, he was a fill in. WC is improving the wins are proof of that, no matter how bad the opponent. You WC people need to stop complaining and start supporting the school and pushing for a better program, PERIOD!

Biggerstaff didn’t quit because of health reasons, they only hired him last year bc the school didn’t have a position that they could pay a full time coach, he was a fill in. WC is improving the wins are proof of that, no matter how bad the opponent. You WC people need to stop complaining and start supporting the school and pushing for a better program, PERIOD!
Your wrong about Biggerstaff. His health did cause him to hang it up. The man told me that himself. You just worry about your team, and when that buzzsaw is coming in the playoffs.

I'm not a WC person, just watched them on YouTube and was offering my opinion mainly on Simmons. I Love High School football and just finished watching a great game with Kings Mtn. Edging Shelby 36-35. Shelby QB went down with an injury, hope it wasn't serious because I think it would be a big blow to their state title hopes. I didn't even know #44's name for WC until I checked out his stats. I also said he was a good ballplayer especially at linebacker just not the RB they probably need. Just don't throw Mike Biggerstaff into this because I know the real reason he didn't continue coaching. He was promised by someone in the school board that something would be done about kids transferring and playing out of district lines and of course nothing was done. Just like in 1987 he decided to walk. In 1987 the Caldwell County School board told him he couldn't coach and be a principal, so he walked

Last edited:
Reactions: WC-Warriors
I'm not a WC person, just watched them on YouTube and was offering my opinion mainly on Simmons. I Love High School football and just finished watching a great game with Kings Mtn. Edging Shelby 36-35. Shelby QB went down with an injury, hope it wasn't serious because I think it would be a big blow to their state title hopes. I didn't even know #44's name for WC until I checked out his stats. I also said he was a good ballplayer especially at linebacker just not the RB they probably need. Just don't throw Mike Biggerstaff into this because I know the real reason he didn't continue coaching. He was promised by someone in the school board that something would be done about kids transferring and playing out of district lines and of course nothing was done. Just like in 1987 he decided to walk. In 1987 the Caldwell County School board told him he couldn't coach and be a principal, so he walked
Shelby/KM game was a good 1.

Reactions: TarHeel_Gregg
Your wrong about Biggerstaff. His health did cause him to hang it up. The man told me that himself. You just worry about your team, and when that buzzsaw is coming in the playoffs.
When your satisfaction comes from your rival losing in the playoffs, you know your team really sucks.

Reactions: daletec
When your satisfaction comes from your rival losing in the playoffs, you know your team really sucks.
Dude that's normal for rivals. As a UNC fan I rejoice every time Duke goes down. I wish the best for both schools. Hope WC could eventually make this a competitive rivalry again and hope that the weak schedule Hibriten plays doesn't set them back against battle tested schools like Shelby.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT