ADVERTISEMENT

West Caldwell Football

warrior56592

Oct 27, 2016
So as of last Wednesday Monte Simmons is no longer head football coach at West. I hope they can find the right person to come in and lay the foundation and start to build a program. It will take time but they are talent at West and the right coach is out there. So what are your thoughts on the next coach.

Reactions: ohio tarheels
Hopefully, West Caldwell will find a really good HC that will fit with the program. West Caldwell should win at least 2 to 3 wins in 2024. Good luck!

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Hopefully, West Caldwell will find a really good HC that will fit with the program. West Caldwell should win at least 2 to 3 wins in 2024. Good luck!
Don’t know when a new hire will be announced or if they have anybody interested in getting this program headed in the right direction. This want be an easy job which coaching is never easy but just hope we can get a good coach.

No clue man, I know last year he interviewed several places. Haven't heard anything from anyone yet.

There is a good choice out there for West Caldwell not saying he would even take the job but it would be a no lose situation for him if he wins one game A Year everybody loves him he wins two games a year he's a legend 🤣

Lowman would be a good fit for West Caldwell. I guessing their might be a qualified assisitant from Hickory or maybe Bunker Hill that be a good fit.

Lowman would be a good fit for West Caldwell. I guessing their might be a qualified assisitant from Hickory or maybe Bunker Hill that be a good fit.
Coach hawn formerly from freedom would be a great choice. I'm not saying it's a rumor or any talk of it. Just saying it's not far from where he was he will get some leeway to build this program and if he wins a couple games he's a legend and sought after coach. Worst case they don't win them it's just west Caldwell football and will be chalked up to that. It's a no lose situation for him. Lowman will be hunting bigger game he won't take small game.

Coach hawn formerly from freedom would be a great choice. I'm not saying it's a rumor or any talk of it. Just saying it's not far from where he was he will get some leeway to build this program and if he wins a couple games he's a legend and sought after coach. Worst case they don't win them it's just west Caldwell football and will be chalked up to that. It's a no lose situation for him. Lowman will be hunting bigger game he won't take small game.
West Caldwell is due for at least a couple of wins in 2024

So let’s wait and see if they can land a good coach because if they do land a coach they are talent there and who knows if it’s the right coach maybe some of the talent across town would come to West. West needs a coach that can build from the ground up because that’s how bad it is.

Well the voices through the grapevine is that nobody's really applying for that job.

I’ve been told he applied.

I’ve been told he applied.
Hawn was a few years behind me in school. Great LB for Maiden. Has excellent experience from his time at Shelby...and now a solid foundation of experience as a head coach. This could be a perfect fit for a coach that needs a clean slate/blank canvas program and a team that needs a young coach with something to prove with championship experience.

I believe he also was defensive coach at seaforth high. And head coach at East Montgomery for 2 years first year 1-11 and 2nd season 3-8 then resigned
I don't even know how you go 1-11....

Must have been back when there were 11 game seasons....went 1 and 10 and lost 1st round of playoffs

Well maybe he’s a soild coach that was put in bad spots and had nothing to work with. Maybe he will do something at West
Hard truth about west Caldwell they are never gonna get a solid track record good coach. They have to choose retreads, redemption a la Mike helms type thing. Or young and unproven coach looking to make a name. Personally I'll always choose the 2 last options.

Reactions: Reagan98
Waiting for Helms to resurface somewhere. Had plenty of time to deal with rage, should be good for another 3 to 4 year run

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT