ADVERTISEMENT

West Caldwell Football

Why would any AD or Principal hire a former HC with a 22-61 record and expect to win?

He was connected with Hibriten for ages and was their DC at one time, he was very well liked there. I guess they hired him expecting to connect back in and maybe get some kids over, but that hasn't worked. They waited too late to hire him, they shoulda did so in 2017 or so when the coach that turned West around left for SC instead of hiring Holman. Doing that set them backwards really fast and hard and they still aren't over it.

He was connected with Hibriten for ages and was their DC at one time, he was very well liked there. I guess they hired him expecting to connect back in and maybe get some kids over, but that hasn't worked. They waited too late to hire him, they shoulda did so in 2017 or so when the coach that turned West around left for SC instead of hiring Holman. Doing that set them backwards really fast and hard and they still aren't over it.
Coach actually went to Alabama and West lost of a TON of momentum when he left and they didn’t find the right replacement

As long as Monti Simmons is at WC, they will continue to be a laughing stock! Face it, this guy is like 25-85 as a head football coach! Simmons is definitely not someone who'll turn the program around.

Last edited:
Went to the West and South game and West has size and athleticism and are so poorly coached that it’s sad to watch. Never seen a head coach carry around a backpack on his back, sure would like to know what that’s about. This program is the laughing stock of the area and it’s not because of the kids but the leadership they are under. It’s past time for Monte Simmons to go he shouldn’t hold the title of head coach. Maybe it’s time to find a Principal and AD that care enough to step up and do their job. I wish that Monte Simmons could build this program but it’s clear he’s not the right person to do that. He should see where the football program is under his leadership and resign.

They had Biggerstaff back for one year and they still didn’t do anything. Wasn’t sure what that was about. Anyone know how he’s doing nowadays?

Reactions: Maiden Creek
They had Biggerstaff back for one year and they still didn’t do anything. Wasn’t sure what that was about. Anyone know how he’s doing nowadays?
Coach Biggerstaff inherited a mess at 70 years old. Appeared to get the team a little better competitive but couldn't put the time in at his age. Simmons first season he won 3 of 7 in covid shortened season taking over some rebuilding that Biggerstaff implemented and hasn't won a game since

Reactions: beamer24
According to MaxPreps Monte Simmons was 3-4 his first year at West and that was the Covid year I think. He hasn’t won a game since for an overall record at West of 3-24.
At West Iredell in 5 seasons he was 19-38 for an overall record of 22-62 going into his 9th season as a head coach.

I’m just wondering if it’s poor decision making on the field, leadership overall or he just has players that can’t execute the type of plays he pushes forth.

Back at North Lincoln before Bazzel they had a coach up from SCarolina that had explosive plays but just didn’t have the athletes to make it work as opposed to a team full of powerlifters and track stars

I’m just wondering if it’s poor decision making on the field, leadership overall or he just has players that can’t execute the type of plays he pushes forth.

Back at North Lincoln before Bazzel they had a coach up from SCarolina that had explosive plays but just didn’t have the athletes to make it work as opposed to a team full of powerlifters and track stars
Last year against maiden they were down by 50 pts and the west Caldwell players were dancing on the sideline. That right there explains a lot.

West Iredell will pound West Caldwell by 30+. Saw one half of them Friday. I counted about 50 players, very large and athletic, and highly disciplined on offense. . . A good kicker too.

West Iredell will pound West Caldwell by 30+. Saw one half of them Friday. I counted about 50 players, very large and athletic, and highly disciplined on offense. . . A good kicker too.
Bet they were dancing when Simmons left

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT