ADVERTISEMENT

West Caldwell Football

warrior56592

Oct 27, 2016
Not sure if their schedule is right but it only shows them playing 9 games this year they have been so bad that it’s probably hard for them to find anybody that wants to play them. And it only shows 16 players on the roster. Really sad what’s going on at West. The administration should be ashamed of where this program is and where it’s headed. So sad that nobody gives a crap. Come on Principle and AD do your job

Reactions: TheWatchman
Max preps is n
Not sure if their schedule is right but it only shows them playing 9 games this year they have been so bad that it’s probably hard for them to find anybody that wants to play them. And it only shows 16 players on the roster. Really sad what’s going on at West. The administration should be ashamed of where this program is and where it’s headed. So sad that nobody gives a crap. Come on Principle and AD do your job
MaxPreps is no where close to being accurate at the moment

Ur just missing the bandys conference game on their schedule

It is.. I wish I was back home to help out.. West back around 2013 when Darren Dula was the Qb use to be some what of a powerhouse.. will them days return ?

Monte Simmons will be entering his four year with a 3-23 record. His 3 wins came in his first year which was the year of Covid with a record of 3-4 his second year 0-9 and his third year 0-10
What will this year bring tell me what you think.

Monte Simmons will be entering his four year with a 3-23 record. His 3 wins came in his first year which was the year of Covid with a record of 3-4 his second year 0-9 and his third year 0-10
What will this year bring tell me what you think.
I see no change in site but wins breed confidence so I would try to schedule the easiest non conference schedule I could find like the hickory Hawks or Fred t Foard and hope to build of that. But dangerous thing is if u lose ur set back even further

I do have a Question - When has West Caldwell been good - I know they had few but in my time they been pretty Bad and esp in recent memory

Why is West Caldwell so bad ? Are they comparable to foard or Hibriten or WL n why haven’t they had success like Hibriten/WL if similar and what are the issues holding them back it does seem like AD/Principal and Coach are few but seem like it is a Tough gig for any coach so I’m assuming there lack of support or funds or ?

I do have a Question - When has West Caldwell been good - I know they had few but in my time they been pretty Bad and esp in recent memory

Why is West Caldwell so bad ? Are they comparable to foard or Hibriten or WL n why haven’t they had success like Hibriten/WL if similar and what are the issues holding them back it does seem like AD/Principal and Coach are few but seem like it is a Tough gig for any coach so I’m assuming there lack of support or funds or ?
Only time I remember them being any good was the Titus years I think 2-3 years hei played QB.. and he almost moved to maiden 😂

Only time I remember them being any good was the Titus years I think 2-3 years hei played QB.. and he almost moved to maiden 😂
the only reason why i ask is I always see the West caldwell faithful on here always say they should be better and they had some good yrs n all n all - West caldwell reminds me of Cleveland Browns- Faithful fan but Team hasn't produce anything in long time with all due respect bc I do think West Caldwell deserves a Solid football program - They need a Derek Minor but They are a basketball program mainly

Reactions: TheWatchman
The best West Caldwell team in my opinion was 1987. They made it to the 3A semi finals lost to Shelby 17-10. I don't know what goes on at West Caldwell now days. It could depend on the Principal or the AD how much they support their athletic programs. If they don't win a game this year. I would say its time to change the culture of the program.

The best West Caldwell team in my opinion was 1987. They made it to the 3A semi finals lost to Shelby 17-10. I don't know what goes on at West Caldwell now days. It could depend on the Principal or the AD how much they support their athletic programs. If they don't win a game this year. I would say its time to change the culture of the program.
They need to swipe the slate - They need get a guy like or similar to minor (hate em or love em he gets results) and they need to rebuild n build from scratch

MaxPreps data is populated by the schools themselves. If your opponent updates their schedule, their game should show up. I say should because sometimes it doesn't. As to rosters, some schools will not update them. Basketball is horrible. Most girls basketball teams won't enter stats. I've seen updated boys rosters with players that graduated 3-4 years ago so it's not all on the schools either. Some boys teams load their entire varsity and JV rosters onto one.

Reactions: ohio tarheels
Buzz would be better than what they got. They need somebody who can build a program and lay a solid foundation and I don’t think Monte Simmons can build a program or lay a foundation. They have not got better but worse. So when or will the Principal or Athletic Director do there job.

Buzz would be better than what they got. They need somebody who can build a program and lay a solid foundation and I don’t think Monte Simmons can build a program or lay a foundation. They have not got better but worse. So when or will the Principal or Athletic Director do their job.
Will they win a game this year if so who will they beat.

Buzz would be better than what they got. They need somebody who can build a program and lay a solid foundation and I don’t think Monte Simmons can build a program or lay a foundation. They have not got better but worse. So when or will the Principal or Athletic Director do there job.
That's the truth. Who was that principal they had that had coached in college that they brought in there. That kind of ran him out. He had a hell of a team coming up too who followed him bigger staff? Want a bunch of games with the program that buzz developed.

West Caldwell's just like Lexington.. athletes like crazy and some good sized lineman but they don't have the head dude in charge to make the most of what they got. Simmons was a smart hire for the time due to his Hibriten connection but they did it several years too late. If he had went over to WC when he first left Hibriten instead of after his first job I think things coulda worked much better. Caldwell county coulda benefited from the competition between the two programs. Instead he wasted to much time and the kids at Hibriten don't know him now to benefit.

Worst thing that ever happened to WC was letting the dude they had in 2015 and 2016 walk, he had the program turned around and woulda kept them there. It was honestly amazing seeing how much he stepped things up from start to end, the previous two coaches had them lost in gimmicky offenses to make up for lack of talent, then in he came and just opened things wide open. It worked. Then they screwed up and hired Holman just like Lexington did. Both programs are still lost after his failed tenures.

For WC to ultimately succeed they need to clean house internally. It's not gotten any better in the past 13 years consistently and a lot of that starts at the top. In order for your program to truly reach the next level you gotta have a Principal who loves athletics to put the time in to make sure each program grows fully, and you have to have an AD who knows coaching and how to support them. WC's not had that in a long time and it shows, that's why they lose constantly in that program. Most of those other schools have that stability and foundation, it really does matter. I hope to see WC get back to contending sometime soon, no reason why they can't.

West Caldwell fans and supporters. I have a suggestion to make. If you care enough about your team. Contact the AD Dept or Principal and discuss the issuse in private.

West Caldwell fans and supporters. I have a suggestion to make. If you care enough about your team. Contact the AD Dept or Principal and discuss the issuse in private.
Monte Simmons is 22-61 as a head football coach, as to taking it up with the AD and Principal they don’t give a crap. I wish he could turn this football program around but he can’t. This forums is to discuss whatever issues you want if you have a problem with it move on.

Monte Simmons is 22-61 as a head football coach, as to taking it up with the AD and Principal they don’t give a crap. I wish he could turn this football program around but he can’t. This forums is to discuss whatever issues you want if you have a problem with it move on.
But don’t worry I don’t think the fans or the community gives a crap because it’s been so bad for so long they’ve accepted it.

West Caldwell, Freedom, East Burke, Saint, Hibriten, South, Hickory, (no point mentioning Foard or the 1As in this discussion), none of them are ever winning much going forward. The talent in the 3 county area is sad. Winning a conference championship at this point is a joke. Beating bad is all that is.

But don’t worry I don’t think the fans or the community gives a crap because it’s been so bad for so long they’ve accepted it.
The scenery will never change, if that is the case. After watching the interview with Monte Simmons. He make it sounds like West Caldwell is heading in the right direction with good talent. Maybe, they will 2 games this year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT