ADVERTISEMENT

Week 4 Alleghany @ Robbinsville

Posted by OEFVet89[/URL]
"Keep doubting. Alleghany isn't here because they're not
worthy. I know that Robbinsville is favored, I know in reality they're
probably 10-14 better than us, I know they're playing their a$$'s off.
But, Alleghany is going to come and hit the Knights right in the mouth.
This game will be much closer and grittier than all of you "experts"
are predicting. Robbinsville by 28 is probably the most ignorant thing
I've seen all week."

You ain't been to the Big Oaks this year YET

This post was edited on 11/30 9:05 AM by murphydawgman

Originally posted by Black Magnet:
Well I can't get any video from Robbinsville on max preps , but being the QB has a lot of rushing yards I assume they are running a zone read offense . They also don't have a lot of passing stats so both these things help the Trojans match up. The Trojans have a lot of size up front and can move people fairly well, they also have some strong RB'S who just want fall over when you hit them..

The Trojans also have a good QB who can throw the Football well and some big targets from the TE position that can cause a lot of match up problems . The Team overall loves to hit and might be the most physical Team that the Knights have seen all year.

Reminds me of a saying . Everyone has a plan to they get hit in the mouth . This is High School Football and the Team that takes that hard hit the best will win this game ,that Team could very well be the Trojans.
This post was edited on 11/29 12:21 PM by Black Magnet
Our QB might not have alot of passing yards but he does have 848 yards and thats decent. How many does the Alleghany QB have?

Our QB also has 149 carries for 1522yds and 20 tds.

Our RB has 1910 round about and that is in very limited play in the last 3 games. And 27 tds.

Alleghany QB has 1174 passing yards, with 9 td's, 5 more rushing. Jake has 1335 rushing (without the total from TJA, which was around 150), 26 rushing td's and 2 receiving. That's with 9 carries through the first 3 games. 186 carries with a 7.2 average.

Originally posted by BK13T-$:
mbdfan Sounds to me your still butt hurt from last
night. Rosman could have came out of the bottom side of the bracket you
say? The same Rosman team that lost at Thomas Jefferson 38 to 20 this
year and the same team that barely beat a Community School of Davidson
26 to 20 in round 1? Alleghany probably won't beat Robbinsville, but we
would have beat Rosman or Andrews.

To the guy that wrote the above statement.
If you want to compare scores then how about this. T.Jefferson only beat Davidson by 2 points and Allghany only beat Jefferson by 6 points. Rosman beat Davidson by 6 points also. And for the record. Rosman is not Andrews. I think Rosman could give Alleghany all they wanted. It would of been a close game. Rosman was up and down this year. Sometime way down and sometimes way up. Banged up kids had alot to do with that.
I agree...Tigers were up and down this year due to injuries to key players, but were playing some of their best football at the end of the season, which should bode well next year for a team that loses only 4 or 5 seniors?....Scores as you know, are always deceiving KW23 as Rosman was without All-SMC Safety Jr. RB Tanner Green when they played Thomas Jefferson...Don't know if the outcome would have been any different or not, but Green did rush for 3TDs and 200+yds against Brevard in the opener, and played most of the 2nd half of that game with a sprained knee ligament....Green was in and out of the lineup until the Swain game when he was finally lost for the season....To Tigers credit, the team still rushed for nearly 4,000yds this season with Jr. Gage Orr leading the way with nearly 1500yds and Jr. QB Josh Rice with about a 1,000 rushing yds....Don't know if they could have beaten Alleghany or not, but I'm sure they would have liked to of had an opportunity?

As for the matchup between Robbinsville and Alleghany, don't know if Alleghany has seen a player quite like Matheson....The Martin kid from Thomas Jefferson is a very good runner, but he doesn't have the speed or size of Matheson....And the Galvtiz kid is just a hard nosed kid who is determined NOT to be tackled...Add to that, the Sophomore Hemphill who is quickly emerging for Robbinsville, and you've got a tough bunch of runners behind a big and talented OL....This Robbinsville team just beat the defending state champs twice in the same season....A Murphy team that manhandled Swain County in the season finale, and we all know what kind of playoff run Swain has had in the 1AA playoffs...

It's been a great season for the Trojans who will be playing in their first-ever Western Regional Final, but can they beat Robbinsville at Big Oaks Stadium, and play in their first-ever state championship game?....Tall task indeed!

Good luck to the Black Knights this friday in the Western 1A Final!

I guess we shouldn't even show up this week. I love it tigertown rick anytime a smc team gets beat including rosman now its because of a free safety being hurt or kicker got a hurt pinkie. Another team from any other conference can't beat any smc team without y'all saying well our waterboy had the flu and if this player would have played we would have never lost. Who was hurt when y'all barely beat comm school of Davidson by 6? I brought up scores BC nobody gives alleghany credit they just say any smc school would have made it easily through to this round. I'm so sick of smc this and smc that. Go alleghany and go starmount. Hope mvac wins both games this week but I'm not delusional the odds of my Trojans winning at robbinsville or Murphy I know are very very very slim. Smc is good I'm just tired of hearing about them same as sec in college football. I want someone else to win it all for a change. Maybe we can hurt robbinsville qb ankle in 1st qtr u know what they say if u kill the head of the snake the body will die. Whatever it takes to win I say go for it, but then again I am a saints fan too and we won a Superbowl with bounty program. Ha!

Originally posted by KW23:
I guess we shouldn't even show up this week. I love it tigertown rick anytime a smc team gets beat including rosman now its because of a free safety being hurt or kicker got a hurt pinkie. Another team from any other conference can't beat any smc team without
y'all saying well our waterboy had the flu and if this player would have
played we would have never lost. Who was hurt when y'all barely beat
comm school of Davidson by 6
That player Tanner Green isn't just some other player, he is their best player on both sides of the ball and if you'd listened to him you would realize that he didn't play against Thomas Jefferson or Comm School of Davidson. He was hurt early in the season came back and got hurt again a week before the playoffs.

At school as small as Rosman losing your stud player is enough to ruin a season, credit Rosman for finding a way to still have a good season with their best player missing roughly half of it. Anybody that would belittle or mock a poster as classy as Tigertown Rick is a clown.

Ill give murphy credit, they made a great run without some key players. Injuries happen. cant prevent injuries. Teams have to rise above the injuries and Murphy had just lost too much. Just because Murphy was without a qb and rb, doesn't guarantee them the state championship anyway. You still have to play the game. Im not gonna say Robbinsville would have beat them with Kent and Cox, but im also not gonna say that murphy would have won either. Robbinsville is solid. No other way to say it. With all do respect Robbinsville has played better ball than anyone all year and I don't expect that to change at any time. As for the brackets. As far as I can see, Murphy had it just as easy as Robbinsville in the playoffs so you cant put the blame on the way the west lined up. Andrews in the first round and Union in the second. If anything Robbinsvilles side had it a little tougher. But that's right yall run the ssscore up on Rosman to get Gentry that huge statement win. Great effort by the Bulldogs as they made a great run but just come up a bit short.
This post was edited on 11/30 2:02 PM by Chandlerdg

I guess we shouldn't even show up this week. I love it tigertown rick anytime a smc team gets beat including rosman now its because of a free safety being hurt or kicker got a hurt pinkie. Another team from any other conference can't beat any smc team without y'all saying well our waterboy had the flu and if this player would have played we would have never lost. Who was hurt when y'all barely beat comm school of Davidson by 6? I brought up scores BC nobody gives alleghany credit they just say any smc school would have made it easily through to this round. I'm so sick of smc this and smc that. Go alleghany and go starmount. Hope mvac wins both games this week but I'm not delusional the odds of my Trojans winning at robbinsville or Murphy I know are very very very slim. Smc is good I'm just tired of hearing about them same as sec in college football. I want someone else to win it all for a change. Maybe we can hurt robbinsville qb ankle in 1st qtr u know what they say if u kill the head of the snake the body will die. Whatever it takes to win I say go for it, but then again I am a saints fan too and we won a Superbowl with bounty program. Ha!
Why are you so sick about hearing about the SMC? Their record speaks for itself. As for the injuries, give me a break. It is by far the most brutal 1A conference in the state. Hell Franklin plays half the SMC and is going to the 2A West Final with a QB playing on a broken foot last week and this week. Ask Whiteville, Western Montgomery, Albemarle, Monroe, etc. The SMC will be a whole new level of toughness. Don't cry on here just because you're a newbie and feel entitled to be respected by SMC teams. They've earned and you will have your opportunity to do the same this week.

Am I not entitled to be sick of hearing about the SMC? I know they are by far the best 1A conference in the state, I know that conference is good as hell in football never said they weren't, but I still would like to see some other conferences step up and challenge them, so maybe SMC wouldn't be the only thing talked about on these boards all year. I don't feel entitled to be respected I could care less whether you all respect us or not. In fact if Robbinsville beats us by 14+ I'm sure I'll never hear the end of it on here which is totally fine and I expect it. It's all in good fun on these boards. But when mbdfan called out my team I felt entitled to defend them. Next time I'll just lay down and play dead if that will make you all feel better. God forbid I say anything negative about the SMC I knew you all would get in an uproar. Which is all good. And I wasn't trying to belittle Tigertown Rick, its just I've always heard "next man up" when it came to injuries and not use them as excuses.

Am I not entitled to be sick of hearing about the SMC? I know they are by far the best 1A conference in the state, I know that conference is good as hell in football never said they weren't, but I still would like to see some other conferences step up and challenge them, so maybe SMC wouldn't be the only thing talked about on these boards all year. I don't feel entitled to be respected I could care less whether you all respect us or not. In fact if Robbinsville beats us by 14+ I'm sure I'll never hear the end of it on here which is totally fine and I expect it. It's all in good fun on these boards. But when mbdfan called out my team I felt entitled to defend them. Next time I'll just lay down and play dead if that will make you all feel better. God forbid I say anything negative about the SMC I knew you all would get in an uproar. Which is all good. And I wasn't trying to belittle Tigertown Rick, its just I've always heard "next man up" when it came to injuries and not use them as excuses.
That's the point. The SMC wins, and because they win, there is always a discussion. If you are hearing about them, it's because they are winning. Sometimes there are challengers from the YVC, sometimes there are challengers Mountain Valley, sometimes there are challengers from the Northwest, sometimes they come from Rocky River, but still, the SMC has stood tall throughout not only history but certainly in all our recent memories. If you want to talk about the MVC, beat them. If you want respect like the SMC, beat them. If you are tired of hearing about them, shut them up.

As for the next man up, you don't need to preach to SMC teams about that. They have been the posterchild for a long time at taking the next man up and going on to the next round.

Suck it up buttercup and go win, but certainly don't cry about the SMC getting the attention they have earned, year in and year out.

Your right I'm not entitled to my own opinion. Well considering that Murphy posters r saying they sure would like to have seen their 2 injured players play against Robbinsville(connect the dots they are saying that's the reason they lost), and tigertown rick saying since the safety/rb was hurt they played bad vs. TJA, I think the next man up needed to be stated.

SMC does deserve attention because they have been incredible for a long time, but I'm still entitled to be sick of hearing about them. Wasn't crying about them getting attention was just stating that I'm sick of hearing about them.

Thunder.Head who is your SMC team anyways so I will know who to pull against? lol

I have watched film on Alleghany and they are for real. I am for Robbinsville but the Knights better bring their A game or they will be playing basketball. The Knights should be fine if they play like they did against the dogs. Alleghany didn't get to the Regional Final by default, they won games to get there and they are tough up front. Go Knights and keep the SMC in it all the way.

This is a great opportunities for the Trojans. This aint no 1st round, four hour trip to the southern mountains for a mismatch beat-down. Yeah, these guys have been there and done that. This is a hard-earned opportunity to play one of NCs most storied football programs on their home field for a chance to go to the big dance!

Alleghany will be bringing a decent size, hard pushing line, a good variety of play calling with some ability to pass, and Jake.

I dont think they have the kind of D needed to jam-up the Knights offense, but they might be able to "bend but not break" and stumble into a turnover or two which could very well keep them in the game. The defense has some size in the trenches, a mediocre linebacking corps, some decent pass defense, and Jake.

Most everyone expects Robbinsville to win easily, (including myself), but that kind of takes some pressure off of the Trojans. This is the perfect opportunity to enjoy the long scenic bus ride, strap them helmets on tight, and... (like my old buddy Jacob "crazy indian" Ivey used to say) "Throw everything at e'm but your bootlaces!"

Originally posted by BlackCat93:

Who is Jake? Jake from State farm.....What are you wearing Jake?? LOL!! Couldn't resist....
That is some funny stuff. LMAO.

I also watched some film on Allghany and they look very good. Good size and good running backs. Not the same kind of football as they will see here. I think they will keep it close for a bit but Rville pulls away after the half. If Rville over looks these guys we will get beat. I think that Big Oaks will be worth 10 points for the home team.

Stated in a different thread. If Murphy or Rosman was in the bottom bracket it would have been a SMC regional final. Wonder why the NCHSAA put all but 1 team from the SMC in the same bracket??? Maybe the reason why we only beat the Community School of Davidson 26 20 was because in the second half they only had 17 offensive plays. We had a 9 minute drive for a TD then in the fourth drove it down from our 13 to their 10 before taking a knee to end the game. The Tigers was playing some old fashion Rosman 3 1/2 yards and a cloud of dust football down the stretch. Can't say for sure if we could have beaten Alleg. or TJA but like Tigertown I would have loved to have been given the chance. Good Luck to the Black Knights Friday.
BELIEVE IN THE JOURNEY !!!

Yeah Deana, I was just messing around. He was very impressive against TJCA. On film it looks like everyone on their team is 6'5...lol.

Reactions: BK13T-$
I know...lol!! Aleghany does have some big guys upfront. They always do and they usually excel in wrestling. One of the top wrestling programs in 1A.

Where is a good place to eat around Robbinsville? I'm sick of the typical nachos pizza and hotdogs from concessions around the state lol. Been eating them all year.

We have a good Mexican Restaurant and a country cookin restaurant across the road, Wendy's, McDonalds,and Subway (all on By Pass) and Lynn's Place(order off menu)in middle of town, and Bojangles on 129S.

He listed every place to eat. Sad.

We have Snowbird lodge and Blueboar lodge but to far from town. I would go to Lynn's Place or Papa's Pizza. Lynn's has a good salad bar and it is 200 yards from the field. Humble pie will be on the menu for any Allgehany folks.lol

Your right I'm not entitled to my own opinion. Well considering that Murphy posters r saying they sure would like to have seen their 2 injured players play against Robbinsville(connect the dots they are saying that's the reason they lost), and tigertown rick saying since the safety/rb was hurt they played bad vs. TJA, I think the next man up needed to be stated.

SMC does deserve attention because they have been incredible for a long time, but I'm still entitled to be sick of hearing about them. Wasn't crying about them getting attention was just stating that I'm sick of hearing about them.

Thunder.Head who is your SMC team anyways so I will know who to pull against? lol
KW23, you're entitiled to your opinion just like I am entitiled to mine....If I lived in another part of the state, I too would probably be sick of hearing about the SMC...lol!

As for making excuses, I didn't make an excuse...In fact, I stated that I don't know if Tanner would have made a difference or not against Thomas Jefferson if you re-read what I stated...As for the next man up, that man was Jr. Gage Orr who rushed for nearly 1500yds this season for the Tigers...

I also didn't say that Alleghany would get destroyed by Robbinsville, but rather stated that it will be "A tall task indeed" for Alleghany to win....That's just common sense in my book because the Black Knights have yet to lose while the Trojans have lost 4 times this season.....Any team that is traveling for a playoff game to play an unbeaten conference champ for the Western or Eastern Final, has it's work cut out for themselves whether it's Robbinsville, East Lincoln, New Bern or whoever?

Your Trojans have had a tremendous season, and have advanced further than any Trojan team before them....That is something to be very proud of: If the Trojans beat Robbinsville, I will be one of the first on here to congratulate them, and wish them well in the state title game....

However, much like you have your own opinion that Alleghany will beat Robbinsville...I have my opinion that the Black Knights will win, so there's NO reason to get all bent out of shape about anything anybody says, or types on this website.....Opinions are like?....Well, you know the old saying...lol...Everybody's got one!

Have a safe trip to Graham County this friday!

Roar Tigers Roar!

Originally posted by Deana_King:
I know...lol!! Aleghany does have some big guys upfront. They always do and they usually excel in wrestling. One of the top wrestling programs in 1A.
Yep and if I remember right it was Allegheny that came to Robbinsville a few years back and dashed the Black Knights hopes for a Team State Championship in wrestling.

and Robbinsville starts 2 sophomores and 3 Juniors on their O-line. They have a little size but they are young.

This post was edited on 12/1 7:34 AM by Knight-of-old

That's right. That was the last year of our 3-peat. I was on the 06 & 07 teams, the year you're talking about was 08 when they held the semi-finals, and finals at Robbinsville HS.

Lol, I am not a fan of any SMC team however I live in SMC country thus I am very familiar with the conference.

I also used to live in Piney Creek for 3 years, and worked in West Jefferson. I too know that area very well. If the area had any jobs in my field, I'd be back in a heart beat.

Robbinsville has had a very good season and has lots to be proud of, but this is not a typical group of Alleghany athletes. They are special in many ways. Not only have they taken the football team deeper into the playoffs than we have ever been, but they also lost a heartbreaker in the west regionals in basketball last year, and it is expected that they are likely to have a very successful basketball season again. However, they are having a little trouble getting started because they have about 80% of their basketball team enjoying this successful ride in football. When you are a true 1A boundary school, you have to share your athletes to be successful in anything.

Don't base to much of your opinion on the past. This team is special and unless you have sound on your video, you miss the best part about this team which is the sound of shoulder pads cracking. They WILL hit you.

Best wishes to both teams...good luck to fellow MVAC member Alleghany. This is a big week in Alleghany football history...their own team making it to the Western Regional Finals (farthest in school history) and Alleghany alum Scott Johnson (HFC of the Starmount Rams) trying to advance as well.

I promise they WILL NOT hit any harder than we were hit the last couple of games. That BS don't scare anyone over here! You better have a back-up plan when you see us jump right up after one of your BIG HITS.....LMAO!!!!!!!!!

Black Cat I really don't remember anyone talking about anyone being afraid. Glad to know that we are attracting players these days and not just fans on this board. I sincerely hope every player does get up after every hit, this is just a bunch of young men playing a game that they love, and I have no interest in anyone not getting up. I was merely stating a fact. Normally the adults on here can have a conversation without offense being taken to a generic non threatening post. Would you have been threatened if I said they can really run, or they are really big, or they really run an efficient offense. I was merely stating a fact that there aggressive style of play is one of their best traits that can not easily be seen on a film.

Ok never heard of an aggressive style of play of a team not being able to be seen on film... Apparently you haven't watched any film on Robbinsville lol

I don't see any problem with what Alleghany84 said guys, don't think he meant any disrespect. He seems like a classy poster as well, unlike some of the others.

Thank You mbdfan, that is exactly what I was trying to say. I had no intention of offending anyone, and went out of my way to compliment Robbinsville during the process of complimenting our Trojans for being such a hard hitting group. Did not mean to threaten or intimidate or whatever I did. It is normally pretty hard to intimidate us old geezers on here.

Alleghany84 is telling the truth. The Trojans play a physical-type football ...what you guys play all the time. Hampton may have to carry 30 times Friday night. Coach Sessoms has won at two of the toughest places to win in this area (no disrespect) in North Stokes and Alleghany. They will play hard to the last second.

I have no problem with what Alleghany84 said...and I would be very upset if I seen either team not play up until the last second friday

Originally posted by Alleghany84:

Robbinsville has had a very good season and has lots to be proud of, but this is not a typical group of Alleghany athletes. They are special in many ways. Not only have they taken the football team deeper into the playoffs than we have ever been, but they also lost a heartbreaker in the west regionals in basketball last year, and it is expected that they are likely to have a very successful basketball season again. However, they are having a little trouble getting started because they have about 80% of their basketball team enjoying this successful ride in football. When you are a true 1A boundary school, you have to share your athletes to be successful in anything.

Don't base to much of your opinion on the past. This team is special and unless you have sound on your video, you miss the best part about this team which is the sound of shoulder pads cracking. They WILL hit you.
You should be proud of the Trojans Alleghany84....It's one of those seasons that Trojan fans will remember for a long time, and can become even more memorable with a victory....There are advantages to being an Underdog because nobody really expects you to win, so it's a thrill unlike any other when it does happen....Remember going down to Thomasville back in 1997 just hoping the Tigers wouldn't get blown out by the undefeated and top-seeded Bulldogs who looked like a College team when they came out for warmups...Remember the Coaches telling me later that a washer had broken down in the fieldhouse, and the new one came days before the game with Thomasville....Inside was a little note that said,"Have a safe trip to Thomasville...Go Bulldogs"...Of course, it was a safe trip down, and it was a happy trip back to Rosman..lol....That Rosman team was special, and being there to see that game that night is a memory that is still fresh in my mind today, and can still see the shock and surprise look on a lot of Thomasville fans and Tiger fans that night....Every fan deserves to have a moment like that...Who knows maybe the Alleghany fans like yourself, will have one of those moments this friday night?

Robbinsville has more championship history than any other 1A school, but they are on a streak this season, unlike any other in school history with 14 consecutive victories and counting....The Black Knight Alumni that have won a football state championship is a very large group that obviously motivates this current group of Black Knights...Coach Dee Walsh is on the verge of doing something that very few coaches have the opportunity to do, and that is win a state title as a Player and a Coach at the same High School....Walsh was a WR on the 73' & 74' Black Knight Championship teams that were coached by legendary coach Bob Colvin, so this has definitely been a one-of-a-kind season for Robbinsville as well, but can get even better with a win over the Trojans with another opportunity for a state title, next week....

The Underdog in me is pulling for the Trojans, but the Conference loyalty also has me pulling for the Black Knights....

Best of luck to the winner in the title game, next week!

Regardless of everything that's been said. It's an honor for all Trojans (fans, family, past and present players), to have the opportunity to go to such a storied and championship laden school, and knock off the big dogs. Robbinsville is great, and has proved that this year and in many years past. I hope that Alleghany can let their own greatness shine on Friday. I hope that both teams have a hard fought, absent of injury, exciting football game Friday night. I'm proud to be a Trojan, and excited to have the opportunity to play in the 4th round, especially against such a respected program. Good luck to both, and Go Trojans!

cigarette ashes cigarette butts, we have the Trojans by the nuts, Pull Team Pull !!!
laugh.r191677.gif

Reactions: BK13T-$
I am a Knight forever.....but let's please show a little respect and class. Good luck and God Bless all.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT