ADVERTISEMENT

Week 4 Alleghany @ Robbinsville

Originally posted by wispy:

I am a Knight forever.....but let's please show a little respect and class. Good luck and God Bless all.
Dude, Relax

just having a little fun.

Looking at highlights on max preps the Trojans look pretty good. I think it is going to a great game. Pull team Pull !

Definitely not a player! Just backing my team as are all of you Alleghany fans. Hitting is a part of football, not something you have to put in CAPITOL letters on a message board. That's all Im saying. Ive watched the films on Alleghany and it should be a good one! Heck, its a regional final, why wouldn't it be? Good luck to the Trojans and safe travels.

Shocked anyone even debates this game. Im no black night fan..but this game will be over by halftime
RHS 56 AHS 14

This Robbinsville team has a hunger right now and their is only 1 cure for it and that is being a state championship I do not say this with arrogance but you can see the will and determination of both players and fans it has been to long of a drought for title town best of luck to the Robbinsville Black Knights 75 great years

Robbinsville scoring 50 would shock me. Dont see that happening for many different reason?

Originally posted by Knight-of-old:
cigarette ashes cigarette butts, we have the Trojans by the nuts, Pull Team Pull !!!
laugh.r191677.gif
Thats funny dude. lol.
laugh.r191677.gif

Is Alleghany the only school in the county?

The Trojans have been to Robbinsville before , I had some family playing then . I can't remember the score , but it was a very close game that the Knights pulled out right at the end. This Trojan Team and that Team look very similar to me ..That Team had very physical lines and good strong RB'S and a QB who could throw and run.. It also had 2 big TE'S just like this Team.

The biggest difference to me is the Coach , I thought Gil Maxwell underachieved with the talent he had and it seems the current Coach finds a way to win close games . It appears the Knights have more Team speed than the Trojans , but It also appears the Trojans have a slight edge in the trenches .Both Teams look fairly evenly matched at the skill positions. This should be a good game no matter which Team wins .

3 Elementary schools, 1 high school in Alleghany County. Population for the county is somewhere between 10-12,000.

Your got alot of kids in school for 10,000 county wide. Thats about how many we have in the county but we have 100 less students.

I still have my seed in the satchel, gal. No little Hampton's for a while at my house. Can't say as much for the rest of the class of 07.

IN 07 we went 6-5 in the season. After beating Alleghany we lost to lakewood by 1 the next week. That team was not that good and we had alot of young players.

OK ty. I could not remember the year . So your Team is a lot better than that 1 and our Coach is a lot better than the 1 we took up there last time . We had a RB that rushed in the 2000 yard range that year and he put him at WR ? I will never understand that move I thought the Trojans could have made a run that year.

I am not trying to Coach Bash ,but he was simply not the right fit and he wasted a couple of good years that had good talent all over the field. His blocking scheme was like rocket science and he refused to let me run the blitzes the other Teams ran in practice...He would get mad,,,I was like WTH do you expect the other Team is going to do just stop calling it because your scheme can't block it ?

The silence is deafening on here. Not 1 post in 24 hours. Did they cancel the game or something?

Everyone has been trying to boost the population since we started that discussion, hahaha.

Yea right maybe u r. The lions share of us are to old and probably more interested in a bowl of pinto beans. LOL

It looks like rain. 50 % early on Friday and 80 % showers turning heavy rain on Friday night.. Who do you guys think this helps or hurts ?

I would guess maybe it helps the Trojans, by slowing down some of Robbinsville's speed. I know this meens absolutely nothing but If I remember correctly I remember seeing a newspaper picture in Alleghany news either Week 1 or before week 1 of Alleghany going through like some type of rain drill(either sprinklers or something were on). Not sure how it worked. It was pretty neat looking though haha, so they have been preparing for a long time for rainy weather. Rain sleet snow or hail though I still got a bad feeling about this game. I really think if Robbinsville tries to rush our punter at all they will block at least one punt like TJA did Friday, or maybe even 2(Carolina panthers) since our punter punts in slow motion and the line for whatever reason can't block well on punts even though they block well throughout the rest of the games. Hate to be a pessimist because I think Alleghany can win, but I doubt I'll make the long trip cause if we lose the ride home will be even that much longer. I remember watching Robbinsville's Qb beat a solid Swain team pretty much by himself online this year, and I have to say I think Alleghany's great year will come to an end on Friday. Hope I'm wrong.

Where did you watch that game online ? Is it still available ? I think we can shore up our punt game . I think that TJ had a lot more Team speed than the Knights will have , I thin k that helps the Trojans and the slow motion punt..lol

Big gaps and holes are all the same, rain or shine. But, if we can keep the middle plugged, I think the rain does play a factor against Robbinsville's shifty play-making QB. It's hard as a player in the game, to remind yourself you can't make the same cuts in the mud. I remember my Junior year at home against Bishop Mcguiness, I got to the outside about 8-10 times that night, all I needed to do was make one move to juke the DB, and 90% of those juke's ended with my feet flying out from under me. It was a monsoon that night though. I think both teams will be affected by the rain, if it happens to come down to a piss pour. I think the scoring will suffer for both, but then again, both are run based, smash mouth teams, so maybe it won't play much of factor, time will tell.

Hate to hear that you will not make it KW. I had hoped to meet you for the first time. I have appreciated the support you show on here for some time and have always been curious as to who you were. Did you graduate from Alleghany, if so what year. You appear to be a diehard Trojan fan whether in be football or basketball

Best of luck to the Trojans from the bottom of the mtn! Represent the MVAC!!!!!!!!
10408863_397742863715114_1411816109525101296_n.jpg

This post was edited on 12/3 12:11 PM by EWCards#1

Could some of the Robbinsville fans help keep a country boy from Sparta from getting lost like he did trying to get to TJA last week. Is the football stadium still at the old school. I like to load addresses into my GPS and I am afraid if I put the High School address in it will take me to the wrong school.

I think as with most games Ball security will be huge . The weather should create a few more opportunity's for turn overs . On Offense make sure you keep the ball high and tight and on Defense slide that Helmet to the Ball..

Anyone have any stats on ball security for these 2 Teams ?

Yes, the stadium is right where it's always been.
Type in 54 Moose Branch Road in Robbinsville. That's the address to the Elementary school, the closest to the field. But after you make your right onto Rodney Orr Bypass, keep going till you reach the next light, and you'll take the first LEFT after the light onto Knight Street. The parking lot for the stadium is up on the left. Good luck, and I hope to see just as a big crowd as last week!

I might still go to the game, I'd love to meet any of the Alleghany fans. I actually didn't go to Alleghany High school, I went to Concord High School (3A) and played football there. My family owns land and a house up off the blue ridge parkway and when we would go up their for vacations growing up I would always go watch Alleghany play a few football games. I actually had a relative that played the symbols in Alleghany's band, but trust me I wasn't their to watch their band and his one "ding""at the end of each song haha I just love the sport of football and I love the town of Sparta. I'm hoping when my wife and I are old and gray to retire and live up their in the family mountain home. I actually live in the Concord/Charlotte Area. So yeah its a 4 and half hour drive to Robbinsville, but 4 and half hours coming from a different direction than Sparta. HA. I get the Alleghany News to keep up with their sports programs and try to go to as many games as I can. You may see me post about my hatred for Albemarle a lot(I used to have family members teach there and hated it), because the very few games they play legitimate teams I go to their games and pull against them since it's a lot closer than driving up to Sparta. I also go to my alumni Concord Spiders games throughout the year when they play good games. Everyweek I go to one of those 3 teams games whichever the best matchup is at the time usually.

If I go to the game I'll be decked out in New Orleans Saints gear.

Anyways enough about me I'm sure nobody gives a s**t. lol

And that game was on the maroondevilsnetwork, swain's tv website. But I don't think its no longer available. That week I didn't go to a game I stayed home and watched that one live, while listening to elkin radio station when they were covereing our loss to wilkes central(which is another reason why I'm worried about Robbinsville if we lost to the likes of Wilkes Central).

This team is much different than the one that played WC, I think they proved that last week. TJA, in my opinion had just as many dynamic speed guys as WC did. We have came together during the playoffs and are flying around on the field, we were flat-footed that game, not to mention WC didn't make a single mistake (it was by far their game of the year). Having an up and down season like we've had, helped us more than anything. I think the back-to-back losses at the end of the year, really lit a fire under the guys.

As for Robbinsville's ball control - There is no record of fumbles on Maxpreps. But, regardless if they have any or not, I think that it's obvious they haven't been effected by them. Hopefully the rain will sway in our favor Friday night. I honestly think we can make a good game out of it, realistically though, we'll probably have to catch a couple of breaks to come away with a W. It's well within reach though.

Afraid it is the end of the line for Alleghany this week. Not counting them out completely but Robbinsville is just a complete power house. They will hit you and hit you hard. And they can take a lick from anyone. They pop up from the biggest hits but usually they are the one dishing them out. Hope Alleghany has safe travels coming to Big Oaks and hope both teams play very hard.

Originally posted by 1knights2:
Yes, the stadium is right where it's always been.
Type in 54 Moose Branch Road in Robbinsville. That's the address to the Elementary school, the closest to the field. But after you make your right onto Rodney Orr Bypass, keep going till you reach the next light, and you'll take the first LEFT after the light onto Knight Street. The parking lot for the stadium is up on the left. Good luck, and I hope to see just as a big crowd as last week!
Good directions 1knights2.

I will add that sometimes GPS will try to take you the long way around - so after you pass by Bryson City be sure you take a right onto hwy 28 rather than continue straight on hwy 19-74 through Nanatahala Gorge. From hwy 28 take a left onto hwy 143 and that will bring you straight into the Rodney Orr Bypass (Hwy 129).

Safe travels.

Hey y'all,
We've been covering Alleghany a little more closely over the past few weeks. Drove up to Sparta yesterday to talk with Coach Frank Sessoms, and he didn't let much out of the bag, but here's our conversation:

http://video.journalnow.com/Prepzone-Alleghany-advances-to-regional-final-28216287?playlistId=14503[/URL]

This post was edited on 12/3 8:02 PM by BWNwrites

Good interview.

On another note. I really dont think it will ran Friday during the game. Not much if it does.

BK, you might as well be a meteorologist. Haha. Chances of rain go from 90 to 10% in a few hours. Also looking like it's going to be a toasty 50-55 at kickoff.

now that is true. It is going to be warm all week. Will not fell like a 4th round game at Big Oaks. I like the cold games.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT