ADVERTISEMENT

Week 4 Alleghany @ Robbinsville

Made it futher than I thought they would. I will still be pulling for Alleghany.
smile.r191677.gif

Congrats Coach Sessoms and Alleghany. Your North Stokes friends wish you well next week.

I think this is a good match up for Alleghany. They have a shot.

I sure hope our boys dont take them lightly. We got beat by Hayesville last year in week 1 of playoffs after killing them 3 weeks before. 46 to 6 I think. But I think ACT will have Rville picked by 14 or 21.

No disrespect to Alleghany and I honestly know nothing about them, but they better have the game of their life next Friday. The team I saw play last night was hungry and I am talking hungry. I hope somehow someway both SMC teams can pull off a win next week because I would love to see the Black Knights and Plymouth go at it before my devils give it a shot at the eastern champ, lord willing.

I might be wrong now that I think about it. 1A is saturday at noon but 1aa might not of been friday. Cant remember. I am just glad we didnt get the friday game.

Originally posted by BK13T-$:
I might be wrong now that I think about it. 1A is saturday at noon but 1aa might not of been friday. Cant remember. I am just glad we didnt get the friday game.
BK, you have it right. NC State's Carter Finley stadium will host the 1AA game on Friday night and the 1A game on Saturday. Both the 3A and 3AA games will also be played there on Saturday.

almost forgot, Go Black Knights!.......Go Maroon Devils!

This post was edited on 11/29 9:35 AM by Diablo

If Robbinsville doesn't play down to their competition level like they have most of the season this game will be over quick.

Keep doubting. Alleghany isn't here because they're not worthy. I know that Robbinsville is favored, I know in reality they're probably 10-14 better than us, I know they're playing their a$$'s off. But, Alleghany is going to come and hit the Knights right in the mouth. This game will be much closer and grittier than all of you "experts" are predicting. Robbinsville by 28 is probably the most ignorant thing I've seen all week.

OEFVet89 How is jake doing? I know he got hurt last night? I hate to say it cause I'm a big Alleghany fan but if your brother is too hurt and can't play, or plays like 1 drive and is too hurt to return to the game then Robbinsville by 28 isn't unreasonable. Especially if our punt team doesn't get better on their blocking, and we don't learn how to tackle the quarterback better. Robbinsville QB is 4 times better(I watched him online pretty much single handedly beat swain who is still in playoffs) than #14 for TJA that was killing us on runs all last night. With that said great game by Alleghany, they toughed out a good win over a better TJA team than I thought they were. They really pulled together and won the game as a team. I thought the game was going to go into overtime. If your brother is 100% I say Alleghany has a good shot at keeping it close and pulling it out, but if he can't go we are in trouble. SMC teams are tough smashmouth teams and no offense to your brother's backup but he isn't going to run people over and get that extra yard on a consistent basis like your brother can. Did your brother just sprain his ankle or is it worse than that?

You guys dont need to worry about your punt return team but I would practice punting alot this week.

Well I can't get any video from Robbinsville on max preps , but being the QB has a lot of rushing yards I assume they are running a zone read offense . They also don't have a lot of passing stats so both these things help the Trojans match up. The Trojans have a lot of size up front and can move people fairly well, they also have some strong RB'S who just want fall over when you hit them..

The Trojans also have a good QB who can throw the Football well and some big targets from the TE position that can cause a lot of match up problems . The Team overall loves to hit and might be the most physical Team that the Knights have seen all year.

Reminds me of a saying . Everyone has a plan to they get hit in the mouth . This is High School Football and the Team that takes that hard hit the best will win this game ,that Team could very well be the Trojans.
This post was edited on 11/29 12:21 PM by Black Magnet

I'm sorry but seeing Robbinsville last night how they shut down Murphy, I honestly don't see them losing. Robbinsville offense is built to wear you down; nothing fancy. And their defense is playing lights out. I'm gonna say Robbinsville by 14.

I don't see them losing either and I'm an Alleghany fan. But I think it will be closer than expected. This game could be over in an hour because Alleghany's offense is also built to wear you down, they had very long time consuming drives last night chewing up a lot of the clock. 3 yrds in the cloud of dust baby. Think it all comes down to who wants it more. I wish this game would be on the radio I'm not looking forward to a 4 and half hour drive. yikes!

Originally posted by OEFVet89:
Keep doubting. Alleghany isn't here because they're not worthy. I know that Robbinsville is favored, I know in reality they're probably 10-14 better than us, I know they're playing their a$$'s off. But, Alleghany is going to come and hit the Knights right in the mouth. This game will be much closer and grittier than all of you "experts" are predicting. Robbinsville by 28 is probably the most ignorant thing I've seen all week.
I bit my tongue last week when you said Murphy was probably 7-10 points better than Alleghany. The same Alleghany that was mercy ruled by halftime against Murphy... right. Robbinsville is a better team than Murphy but football is a game of matchups and Murphy would've been a terrible matchup for Alleghany with their speed.

Let's be realistic, I've seen Alleghany twice in the last 4 years and both times they were one of the most unathletic teams I've seen in high school ball, and I'm not saying that to be mean it's just the truth. So unless Alleghany has magically gotten way more talented and/or athletic in one season this game will be no contest.

Robbinsville isn't built to blow teams out so the score might not get too out of hand but this game will never be in doubt. The one thing that works in your favor is Robbinsville's RB and FB are both banged up going into this one, it won't matter though because Robbinsville's QB is the real deal and their front 7 on defense is the truth.

The bottom side of the 1A bracket this season was as weak as I've ever seen. The western 1A championship was played last night in Robbinsville, get mad if you want, it's the truth.

This post was edited on 11/29 1:15 PM by mbdfan

Reactions: BK13T-$
Aleghany is about to see what physical football is about. Robbinsville will hit you in the mouth every snap. Robbinsvilles defense is legit just ask Murphy.

mbdfan Sounds to me your still butt hurt from last night. Rosman could have came out of the bottom side of the bracket you say? The same Rosman team that lost at Thomas Jefferson 38 to 20 this year and the same team that barely beat a Community School of Davidson 26 to 20 in round 1? Alleghany probably won't beat Robbinsville, but we would have beat Rosman or Andrews.

How bout you stay at home and lick your wounds next week, and we will go play at Robbinsville. That sounds like a plan. Let us enjoy the football success at Alleghany this year, which isn't the norm. Because half our team graduates so we most likely won't make it this far next year. We only have 23 players on our team total. Take your buttwhippin like a man and stop blaming it on injuries and stop throwing stones at teams that didn't even say a word about Murphy.

On a side note this Alleghany team reminds me of the Mitchell team that came to Albemarle a few years ago with very few players and played them a good game.

Good job at beating Albemarle the last 3 years though, please continue to keep that up. ha!

And you are right on the Athleticism, we definitely are not known for our speed, but we are known for having a lot of heart and tenacity and I'll take that anyday. Don't know why you had to bring the Athleticism thing up, I don't recall anyone saying our team was full of athletes, ever!
This post was edited on 11/29 4:26 PM by Deana_King

West Columbus had more athletes, TJA had more athletes, East Wilkes, and many others had more athletes. Ask them how that worked out for them. The whole: last year, 3 years ago, 25 years ago BS is the most pitiful excuse for substance of an argument I've ever seen. I have the utmost respect for both Murphy and Robbinsville. But the fact is, Alleghany has beaten everyone that's been put in front of them in the playoffs, so has Robbinsville, Murphy didn't. I promise that if Robbinsville thinks they will break Alleghanys will, they're sadly mistaken, and it will be a hard fought game, regardless. KW23, he just sprained it. I know my brother, whether he feels a 100% or not, he'll play like it. I bought him some kinesiology tape and a supportive brace, he'll be good.

I hope he is good to go, if not we are in a world of s**t

The point differential between the 1A west and east regional finals might be record setting.

Don't have no dog in this fight but don't say you would beat Andrews or Rosman. We didn't say a word. We go out and compete to the best of our ability in what I think is one of the best 1A conferences in the state. This is a great place for old has beens to talk smack and beat their chests but that's why you play the game. Carry on and Good luck to the 2 SMC teams still playing. Robbinsville & Swain

Come on over on friday KW23. Listen to the good music on the loud speakers. If you like Hip Hop you better bring your Ipod because we wont play much of that. AC/DC mostly. Some Back And BLACK. And at the end of the game we will play a song just for you guys.

Na,Na,Na.....Na,na,na,na....Hey,hey good buy.
wink.r191677.gif

not WF but Same colors I was in New Orleans Saints gear.

Damn, I might as well be a private investigator. I was in the black Under Armour jacket with the guy in the App beanie, and the guy in the hooded brown jacket.

mbdfan Sounds to me your still butt hurt from last
night. Rosman could have came out of the bottom side of the bracket you
say? The same Rosman team that lost at Thomas Jefferson 38 to 20 this
year and the same team that barely beat a Community School of Davidson
26 to 20 in round 1? Alleghany probably won't beat Robbinsville, but we
would have beat Rosman or Andrews.

To the guy that wrote the above statement.
If you want to compare scores then how about this. T.Jefferson only beat Davidson by 2 points and Allghany only beat Jefferson by 6 points. Rosman beat Davidson by 6 points also. And for the record. Rosman is not Andrews. I think Rosman could give Alleghany all they wanted. It would of been a close game. Rosman was up and down this year. Sometime way down and sometimes way up. Banged up kids had alot to do with that.

Andrews is tough as nails they just have alot going against them. They have big lineman and good skill players just messing something. Hope they get it worked out.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT