ADVERTISEMENT

Week 4 Alleghany @ Robbinsville

I hope all the Trojan faithful have safe travels to the Big Oaks. Robbinsville is rightly proud of this team. They have brought hope to an area that suffered an enormous blow with the closing of the only plant left in the area a few months ago. Cost about 400 plus jobs, so it's been a little sad for the home town. Watching these boys play on Friday has been a reminder of better times. I think the team has bought into that as well. So I have no doubt they will be taking Alleghany very seriously. The only thing that concerns me is how hard it is for a team to get up again after the atmosphere of last week. Man, Big Oaks was rocking! All fans need to show up for encouragement and support on Friday night! The team needs that added boost, I'm sure. This is a big game for both teams, and the chance not only to make it to the big show, but to set another school record. Believe me Alleghany, we have nothing but respect for the Trojans, and no way taking this game lightly. Should be a slobber-knocker of game!!

Their not calling for rain in North Georgia till Saturday morning so hope everyone stays dry tomorrow night.

Thanks tdawg - Good Luck to your Panthers too.

What is name and dial number of the radio station that will carry your game?

Still no radio for alleghany game unless u live in Murphy area? That 102.7 radio doesn't stream on
Line unfortunately

I didnt think they did kw. You just going have to come to Rville.

Not going to go to the game, It's just too dang far. Plus yall are too dang good. I think Alleghany will give it all they got and keep the game close but it won't be good enough to win. And if we put up a good fight and don't win, I would still be just as disappointed with the 4 and half hour drive as I would be if we got blown out. Plus I got a 2 month old little girl at home that don't go to bed till 2am and If I don't show up home till 2am my wife would whip my a** haha.

Goodluck Trojans!

I waited long enough. Jake went to the hospital yesterday to ask for something to help with his pain so he could play today. He practiced Tuesday and Wednesday. They told him they wanted to do x-Rays, and found out that he had a complete break of his tibia at the ankle. They put him in a hard cast and a boot over top. Sadly his senior year ends with 1,506 yards, 28 total td's, and 2nd in the state in 1a as far as points scored with 178. I hope he can lift the Trojans up, and that they can feed off of this. I just feel bad for Jake. Good luck Trojans, and to the Knights.

Hate to hear this 89. He was a beast and im sure the other guys will step up. Gonna be a wet field tonight so ball security is a must! Good luck to yall and safe travels.

I hate to hear that about Jake. What a tough competitor. Good luck to both teams!!

Go Run your horses over them tonight!! So them what a Mountain Black Knight is all about!! Good Luck from follow Mountain Man BIG RED PANTHERS!!!

Holy s**t on the Jake news. Alleghany doesn't have a chance in hell now. So glad I decided not to go. WOW!!!! sucks for the Trojans and for Jake!. Thought you said he was feeling good middle of the week? So much for that.

Same with franklin QB, he has been playing with broken ankle for 2 weeks now. Dont know how.

On another note. Simmons rating picked Robbinsville by 28 this morning. Starmount by 1 and East by 6.

He was feeling better as far as walking on it, lateral movement was getting better and he could drive more. But, he said in practice on Wednesday that he was getting sharp pains in the back when he tried to cut and drive. The doctor told him that if he hadn't worn boots and a brace all week that he would've had to have had surgery. He was devastated by the news, he didn't even go to the hospital to get x-Rays, he just wanted something to help with the pain to play, they said they couldn't know what to give him to help it unless they did x-Rays. I feel so bad for him, he doesn't have any quit and wanted nothing more than to play tonight, but the doctor said the break was so bad that if he didnt get him in a cast with a boot over it, that the damage might be for the rest of his life.

I understand. I feel bad for Jake that has to suck. Tell him to rest up and hopefully he will be good to go for baseball season I think you said that was his best sport? Don't know how long that stuff takes to heal though. I don't follow baseball cause I sucked at it and therefore have no interest. Best of Luck to him though this upcoming season and I hope he is able to play. Goodluck to Trojans tonight. I should'n't have said they don't have a chance in hell, because they do have a chance, but their chance got a lot smaller with that news. I'd have to go with simmons predictions and say Robbinsville by 28. I hope Eric Solis can take up were Jake left off at running back but I do know when they finally took jake out at running back against West Columbus they brought him in and he fumbled. Maybe it will poor down rain and just be a mudbowl which will help Sparta. Goodluck to Trojans! And get well soon to Jake. By the way I still say his last carry as a Trojan he got that 1st down last Friday he fell over the sticks and the ref marked it a yard short. Those refs were horrendous last week, we had 2 fumble recoveries we should have had also and the refs said their players were down when they clearly weren't. If that same crew is at Robbinsville tonight Alleghany is definitely screwed.

He had a great year, that's for sure. I couldn't be more proud of him, and the entire team. I hope they can feed off of the bad news and make something happen. They said the hard cast will come off in 6 weeks, probably a boot for a few after that. I think he should be fine and fully healed by baseball, just hard to tell his stubborn a$$ not to keep working or moving.

I hate Alleghany will be without their star player, I know that is hard for him, and the fans who were hoping to go all the way. Course, just because he's out of the game doesn't mean the team is, so it could still be a ballgame. Robbinsville is nursing some injuries as well, so will have to see how it plays out. I know the team is here, glad they made it safely. Not long until kickoff! Go Black Knights!!

Originally posted by OEFVet89:
Keep doubting. Alleghany isn't here because they're not worthy. I know that Robbinsville is favored, I know in reality they're probably 10-14 better than us, I know they're playing their a$$'s off. But, Alleghany is going to come and hit the Knights right in the mouth. This game will be much closer and grittier than all of you "experts" are predicting. Robbinsville by 28 is probably the most ignorant thing I've seen all week.
Robbinsville 31
Alleghany 7 FINAL

Not so ignorant after all it seems.

You post that when Alleghany had at least 2 drives in the red-zone and didn't come away with points? Without their bull of a running back that was second in the state in 1a as far as points scored. Y'all just be glad that Jake wasn't able to play, or it would've been much closer. What happened, happened. Take your win, and be happy with it. And yea, since you felt the need to post that after Jake was unable to play, Robbinsville isn't ignorant, and neither are the other posters that's support the Knights, can't say the same for you.

He is not from Rville.

On another note. Alleghany had some big tall boys. Rville defense played good ball tonight. Alleghany only crossed midfield 3 times in the game. The first two times Alleghany drives stay alive because of many flags on Robbinsville and the 3rd time was when Robbinsville had back ups in. Alleghany scored with less than 2 minutes to make it 35 to 7.Robbinsville only had the ball 3 times in the first half and score on all 3. Skylar scored on a 95 yard run. I have said all year that we have to many flag but I will not down our boys for them tonight. I bet we had 200 yards in penalties but alot of crazy call. That might be the worst crew I have seen this year. On one play Alleghany had a penalty on Offense. Refs ask Rville coaches if they was taking the penalty or not. They didnt even spot the ball. How can you choose to take or decline if you dont know the spot. BTW it was a 3rd down play. Just crazy stuff that made the game closer than it could of been.

Alleghany had a good season and something they can build on.

Robbinsville took control of the game and never looked back after their first offensive snap. The game was never in question.

Just a guess but I think Robbiinsville had about 300 yards rushing and 150 passing. Also had 200 in yellows.

Cruz had a good game. He had two catches for 51 yards and 19-74 and two tds. He also had 2 long runs called back. On Defense he had some good hits. ACT showed one hit where Cruz put the running back on his back.

Skylar had 10-138 1td and threw for 8-11-0-152 yards. Thats 190 total.

Dont know for sure but I think Alleghany only had 150 or less yards.

A few observations from the game which are always easier after the fact. Very disappointing that the Trojans had to play without Jake, he would have been a difference maker and the score would have been closer, but he would have not been enough. Robbinsville was faster than you could see on film. I did not see the hits that I was expecting to be honest with you. I expected some blows from both teams that really did not happen, at least before the whistle blows. As I am always a fan of the west, I will be pulling hard for Robbinsvile. Hope they can improve their discipline and cut down on the penalties. Afraid it could come back to bite them if they don't.

You post that when Alleghany had at least 2 drives in the red-zone and didn't come away with points? Without their bull of a running back that was second in the state in 1a as far as points scored. Y'all just be glad that Jake wasn't able to play, or it would've been much closer. What happened, happened. Take your win, and be happy with it. And yea, since you felt the need to post that after Jake was unable to play, Robbinsville isn't ignorant, and neither are the other posters that's support the Knights, can't say the same for you.

You post that when Alleghany had at least 2 drives in the red-zone and didn't come away with points? And who's fault is that?

Without their bull of a running back that was second in the state in 1a as far as points scored. Y'all just be glad that Jake wasn't able to play, or it would've been much closer.

And if that bullfrog had wings he wouldn't bust his ass every time he hops either.

Take your win, and be happy with it.

Not my team, and not my win.
Sounds like you believe one player is the Father Son and Holy Spirit of football. Do you not think Robbinsville has already seen some good athletes in 15 games, playing in the best conference by far in the state EVERY year? Just who is "ignorant" here?

Ignorance is bliss. That's the only response you deserve. Look it up, I'm sure you don't know what it means. Btw, save your Google definition, that you're surely to look up and post, to prove your flawless intelligence. Your opinion means nothing to me.

Against West Columbus and TJA, Alleghany had 729 yards rushing, and 13 rushing TD's. Jake had 538 of those yards, and 10 of those Tds. You're really going to argue those aren't numbers that matter. And, Robbinsville didn't play the number 1 player in 1a as far as points scored this year, so no they haven't played anyone as good as Jake as far as getting in the end zone. Plus, I never said we would beat Robbinsville, I never said an ill word against them, and I hope they win it all. I just said it would've been a lot closer if Jake had been able to play. You're the only one on here talking about a game that's over and done with, and belittling the accomplishments of teenagers. Real big man you are, huh?

You're the only one on here talking about a game that's over and done with, and belittling the accomplishments of teenagers. Real big man you are, huh?

You sound like somebody's daddy/mommy, huh? To you I say could've would've, should've is never a viable face saving measure, when the fact is couldn't wouldn't and shouldn't have is truth. In addition, I will turn your advice you gave us around and see how you like it. Take your loss and be happy......That it wasn't worse. Because it well could've should've and would've been....... IF ONLY.......

Man calm down you are in a no win situation with woulda coulda shoulda !!!!! Games are won on the field with the players that are available and I really do hate your brother is injured but it really doesn't make a difference you really need to read the other threads on here after each game when a persons favorite team goes down and I am sure you will also be reading woulda coulda shoulda The spoils of victory are awesome and the agony of defeat really sucks!!!

I never posted a thing about the game, or woulda, coulda, shoulda. That whoamule imbecile reposted my post from a week ago, and I responded, because what he was saying didn't apply to the situation. You could do yourself a favor by reading what you're talking about, before posting. I don't care that we lost, it's over. He started running his mouth, then wouldn't stop. All I've done is counteract his arguments, because he's ignorant. Now, all you're doing is stirring the pot and making another claim, that has no substance to it, just like him.

I never posted a thing about the game, or woulda, coulda, shoulda. That whoamule imbecile reposted my post from a week ago, and I responded, because what he was saying didn't apply to the situation. You could do yourself a favor by reading what you're talking about, before posting. I don't care that we lost, it's over. He started running his mouth, then wouldn't stop. All I've done is counteract his arguments, because he's ignorant. Now, all you're doing is stirring the pot and making another claim, that has no substance to it, just like him.
Here is your original post I responded to:

Keep doubting. Alleghany isn't here because they're not worthy. I know that Robbinsville is favored, I know in reality they're probably 10-14 better than us, I know they're playing their a$$'s off. But, Alleghany is going to come and hit the Knights right in the mouth. This game will be much closer and grittier than all of you "experts" are predicting. Robbinsville by 28 is probably the most ignorant thing I've seen all week.

Again:

all of you "experts" are predicting. Robbinsville by 28 is probably the most ignorant thing I've seen all week.

My response:

Robbinsville 31
Alleghany 7 FINAL

Not so ignorant after all it seems.

Now you are trying to change your story.

That whoamule imbecile reposted my post from a week ago, and I responded, because what he was saying didn't apply to the situation.

Now let's clear that up as well and put the cards on the table.
The "situation" you speak of called someone else's prediction of a 28 point Robbinsville win (as you can see from your own post) "probably the most ignorant thing you've seen all week." At the end of the day, that prediction (and whoever it was that made it) was very close to accurate. And since I guarantee that you would not have admitted that fact, I just did it for you. But you can take heart that I was wrong as well. Although I am smart enough to rarely if ever make predictions on scores or outcomes, privately I felt the score "could've should've and would've been much worse, given some of the other scores I have seen from teams down your way that have come up here and been literally manhandled in years past by SMC teams. Your son, brother, or whoever it is that you believe would have made the difference would have left Robbinsville with a facemask full of Big Oaks dirt just like the rest of that team did and the result would have been the same, if not worse.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT