ADVERTISEMENT

Washington County High School

gurnade

Dec 10, 2004
As many of you know begining with the 2018-2019 school year Plymouth and Creswell will consolidate to become Washington County HS. As of this posting the mascot will be the Bulldogs but several of us are going to meet with the superintendent and discuss changing that to Bears which would be more representative of the county. With the merger Washington County HS will remain a small 1-A school. Creswell will bring several very good athletes to join the program at Plymouth. Should make for an even stronger team on the field. Time will tell.

Where they get the Bulldogs from??? Bears...ehhh...(Let Hertford. Co. have that one) lol. Might as well transition the middle school mascot over and make it the Beavers in all honesty.

More bears than beavers in Washington County. I care more about the color scheme they pick out. I hope they leave the orange in Creswell.

How about the Cubs. That would be a good mascot. No High School in the State with that Mascot.

No High School in the State with that Mascot.

Bulldogs? Bad choice. There are close to twenty high schools in NC that use Bulldogs as the mascot. That is along the same line as Eagles, Warriors, Vikings, Cougars, and Wildcats. Get original and think outside the box. It is education where people are supposed to think and innovate.

This is something schools need to think about when they pick a mascot and even the school name. Uniquely brand your school and athletic teams. This could help with fundraising, sale of merchandise, and recognition. College have been much better at it: Ramblin Wreck, Tar Heels, Demon Deacons, Volunteers, Hokies, Buckeyes, Hoosiers, Hawkeyes, Sooners, Cornhuskers, et al.

Some NC schools have unique mascot names that stand out immediately and associate directly to the school: Warhorses, Dark Horses, Wonders, Whirlies, Imps, Pam Pack, Villians, Cyclones, Aces, Nighhawks, Rampants, Sauras, Ironmen, Spiders.

Combination of school name and mascot that has a nice flow such as Richmond Raiders is good. A combo of two names that seem to go together such as Independence Patriots although there are too many Patriots.

Reactions: T Roy C
I agree as an alumni of the Pam-Pack. I'm thinkg Bears because of the Black Bear Festival the County has every year. They proclaim to have the largest concentration/density of Black Bears in Washington Co. than anywhere else in the world (their words not mine). Cubs is an interesting choice.

I can’t find anything on the internet about the consolidation. Are they using one of the existing campuses or are they building a new high school?

My understanding is they will use the Plymouth campus next school year then move into a new school built somewhere around Roper in 19-20.

Reactions: PrepFanNC
Dude you dont have a clue. Ive catch more fish this year than you could catch all ur life.
You do know im from the trout capital of NC, right? We also have 4 nice lakes. Fontana being 450 ft deep. Tallest damn(485ft) this side of Hoover Dam.
We call those stripped bass. I thought he might be talking about Rock Bass(red eye bass)
Join Fishbrain.com and follow me. Ive been a member for as almost a year. Its like facebook for fisherman.

Dude you dont have a clue. Ive catch more fish this year than you could catch all ur life.
You do know im from the trout capital of NC, right? We also have 4 nice lakes. Fontana being 450 ft deep. Tallest damn(485ft) this side of Hoover Dam.
We call those stripped bass. I thought he might be talking about Rock Bass(red eye bass)
Join Fishbrain.com and follow me. Ive been a member for as almost a year. Its like facebook for fisherman.

Tallest "damn"??? Dude, you are way too serious.

Reactions: RD28327
Just got the official word...Washington County High School Panthers! Colors will be Black and Blue. Middle School will also have same mascot and colors. Not sure if they’re going for the “Carolina” look.

Fun Fact: Plymouth High’s mascot was the “Panthers” before the school was integrated back in the day.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT