ADVERTISEMENT

Vance @ Catholic Round 1

CatholicCougs14

Jan 4, 2013
A re-match of the 2014 West 4A Regional Final! Catholic and Vance, last year was the best game I have ever seen. This year will be an interesting matchup for sure.
Catholic brings their most diverse offense I believe ever to the table. They threw all over Vance last season for over 250 yards, and this year they can do that without trying. Jaret Anderson is on fire, well oer 1300 yards and looks poised if CC has a deep run for another 2,000 yard season!
More coming later on what I think about Vance.

This matchup could still change, so I'd hold off a little bit before I start talking about it too much.

Talked with Brodowicz, I believe he and Brand have talked. He said this is 99% confirmed.

CC getting Vance first round? That seems a little bit of a raw deal for CC.... win out and get top spot and throw you into the heater first round. Not cool NCHSL...not cool.

CC getting Vance first round? That seems a little bit of a raw deal for CC.... win out and get top spot and throw you into the heater first round. Not cool NCHSL...not cool.
Sadly it isn't cool and Catholic got a raw deal, but I was talking with Coach Oddo at the game Friday and he said "If anyone will get screwed it'll be us and that is nothing new". He is right, we lost coin flips, who cares though.
Catholic got Vance and will prepare accordingly.

Vance has all the pieces but they are still a 5 loss team. I think CC picks them apart.

Vance has all the pieces but they are still a 5 loss team. I think CC picks them apart.

Somewhat misleading they lost to Mallard Creek & Hough in overtime. 9-1 South Point team out of South Carolina, 9-2 Al Brown. I don't believe there's any team in the State that would go 4-0 against the 4.

They only lost 1 game I don't get? The North Meck game. A healthy Vance can beat any team in the state.

Somewhat misleading they lost to Mallard Creek & Hough in overtime. 9-1 South Point team out of South Carolina, 9-2 Al Brown. I don't believe there's any team in the State that would go 4-0 against the 4.

They only lost 1 game I don't get? The North Meck game. A healthy Vance can beat any team in the state.
I totally agree. This is one of the better looking teams I have seen and I agree they have played a brutal scd, but they have lost some games they shouldn't have. CC may be one of the best coached teams in the state and they can play. I think CC comes in better prepared and they play more disciplined and get the win.

They are definitely a misleading team.... they lost a nail-biter to South Pointe SC, who has lost 1 game this season to Northwestern also out of Rock Hill, who just might be the best HS team in SC at the moment, including Spartanburg and Byrnes. CC got hosed... no way they should have to play a team the caliber of Vance in the first round.

Wow, some kind of first round draw for a number 3 seeded team. Good luck, Catholic.

Sadly it isn't cool and Catholic got a raw deal, but I was talking with Coach Oddo at the game Friday and he said "If anyone will get screwed it'll be us and that is nothing new". He is right, we lost coin flips, who cares though.
Catholic got Vance and will prepare accordingly.
if anyone got screwed its Scotland County by far the most impressive resume of the top 3 seeds not even up for debate

Scotlands not playing Vance. The Scot's 1st game is not against a Team that could actually send them home.

Scotlands not playing Vance. The Scot's 1st game is not against a Team that could actually send them home.
If CC is as good as they say they are they should have no trouble friday. If anything the soft schedule that CC plays is more of an issue than Vance. Play tougher teams and maybe Vance doesn't look so imposing. Vance is dangerous but also capable of laying a goose egg.

Reactions: nepsy7
If CC is as good as they say they are they should have no trouble friday. If anything the soft schedule that CC plays is more of an issue than Vance. Play tougher teams and maybe Vance doesn't look so imposing. Vance is dangerous but also capable of laying a goose egg.

Any team in the State that plays Vance would have trouble including CC, Vance is by far the most dangerous 6-5 team in the State. Not a lot of depth but they field about 8 D1 guys when their 1's are on the field. These teams played each other last year in the Western Regional Finals. To say CC should have no trouble, if their as good as they say they are? Is Ridiculous

Coaches Association request the rules be changed on the one loss drop. Strange how they

Do not think it is fair to call out Catholic for scheduling.

Remember who they played in 2013 and 2014, RH Northwestern and Mallard Creek. 2013 both undefeated and probably the best teams in their respective states. Either of those games by itself are tough on any team. Also, had a one off against a DC suburb school that was a huge and talented team but not the best coached.

Country Day is their rivalry game and CD is down the last few years but they are as physical as about any team you will see in the state.

Your conference is what it is. This year the non conference was Christian, which is a little down this season, but normally one of the better teams in Charlotte. Rocky River is down but I do not think many expected them to have the record they have had. Last year Christian was very good and Rocky River was a tough out. Catholic had trouble getting an 11th game and could not

Seeding is an issue due to the competitiveness some teams have in their conference or schedule overall. Split conferences are one of the culprits. The same thing was said about Mooresville last season when they had one loss (by two points to Lake Norman which lost in the 4AA regional final) finished second in their conference and had to face Vance first round. Vance made it to the regional final against Catholic in small 4A.

Scotland County and Dudley would have trouble with Vance. We don't look at resumes when seeding though so the soft schedule goes out the window.
CC typically plays one of the tougher schedules in the state. Played MC twice because we wanted to, don't see many teams doing that. Same with Northwestern from SC.
Anyways, Scotland did not get screwed. They got a pretty darn easy draw till the 3rd round. Vance is the one lower seeded team that when clicking at 100% can win any game including vs Mallard Creek.

Its a 5 loss team, theres obviously a flaw here

Scotland County and Dudley would have trouble with Vance. We don't look at resumes when seeding though so the soft schedule goes out the window.
CC typically plays one of the tougher schedules in the state. Played MC twice because we wanted to, don't see many teams doing that. Same with Northwestern from SC.
Anyways, Scotland did not get screwed. They got a pretty darn easy draw till the 3rd round. Vance is the one lower seeded team that when clicking at 100% can win any game including vs Mallard Creek.
2nd round will be an 11-1 team, that doesn't seem to be darn easy, both CC and Scot didn't get the
best of deals here, Dudley took advantage and was able to drop a loss. Dudley lost to a team
that Scotland beat, Scot and CC both undefeated but were given the 2 and 3 and not the 1, which was given to a team with a loss overall. The system is what it is, lets just play now.... Dudley got
the 1 and IMO will coast into the regional final, Brown and Reagan are better than average and maybe some issue but I fully expect Dudley to host the regional final..

2nd round will be an 11-1 team, that doesn't seem to be darn easy, both CC and Scot didn't get the
best of deals here, Dudley took advantage and was able to drop a loss. Dudley lost to a team
that Scotland beat, Scot and CC both undefeated but were given the 2 and 3 and not the 1, which was given to a team with a loss overall. The system is what it is, lets just play now.... Dudley got
the 1 and IMO will coast into the regional final, Brown and Reagan are better than average and maybe some issue but I fully expect Dudley to host the regional final..
Like Oddo said "Nothing new, we're used to getting screwed"

Reactions: SCOTSFF
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT