ADVERTISEMENT

Union Academy vs Murphy

MHS-88

Sep 27, 2010
Just curious what Union will bring to the table as far as offense and defense. Noticed they have losses to WM, Albemarle, and North Stanly. Maybe some of you guys from those 3 areas can give some info. Thanks

North beat them easily, we were able to run it and throw it, great team though and awesome coach, allowed handicap kid to run touchdown which was featured on sports center. We were successful rushing to the outside and with quick passes

Doesn't matter. You will make it to the 4th round after you guys beat R-Ville.

Not sure, I'm pretty sure that Al has them playing well. I'll be waiting for R-Ville to be joining the "Couch" next week in my opinion. And nothing against R-Ville, but Murphy is starting to hit their stride and I see an "Upset" after Thanksgiving....that's all. And it's funny that you bring up BBall, made me chuckle. The way this "Weak" 1A bracket looks, you better be thankful Albemarle isn't in there. Albemarle would have "Cake Walked" to the 4th round this year.West Columbus/TJCA/Alleghany/Pine Lake Prep......please! I see nothing but 8th grade teams there. Good Luck.

Albemarle would not made it pass the 4th round no matter who they played. I knew you guys would start talking smack after Ablemarle didnt get into the playoffs and it couldnt be settled. Albemarle ranked outside the top 15 in all polls. Nothing would be different if the Blue Dogs had made the playoffs.

We would have "Not" made it "Past" the 4th round, this is "True" and I do not disagree, but would we have made it "TOO" the 4th round....we defiantly would've. You guys enjoy yourselves, I'm just going to sit back and comment where I see fit. We won't be any good next year either, but we will be better than this year. We are slowly but surely getting our feet back up under us, you'll see. But, hey we're not in it and you guys are. But that's doesn't mean that I'm going to sit back and say nothing.

Oh and those polls means absolutely squat in my eye. It would be a shame for R-Ville who's the number 1 seed and Top "1AAA/AA/A" school in the "Great State of North Carolina" to not go all the way and win....imjs....

I have "Three" eyes.....but that's another subject
smile.r191677.gif

Sway,did you fail as many classes in school as your ineligible players did this year? you know the ones that were allowed to play anyway? if you did your research you would have known that you all wouldn't have made it past the 2nd round, because you all would have been either the 4 seed or 5 seed(meaning you would have to go to murphy or play murphy at home no matter what) which would be a huge beatdown. 1.Robbinsville, 2. Thomas Jefferson because they tied for 1st in their conference. 3. Elkin because they are #1 seed. leaving Albemarle and Murphy to draw for 4th and 5th seed. So you wouldn't have made it past the 2nd round. Heck if this new 2.0 grade point average rule I've seen people talk about on these message boards gets put into place Albemarle may not even be able to field a team next year. Enjoy the couch this offseason.

I do agree with you on one thing though...polls don't meen s**T. And you probably would have beaten those other schools, but no need to throw stones calling them 8th grade teams. Bottom line is some schools require there athletes to actually pass classes to be on the team not just be able to run fast.

Oh I forgot KW23, where you been buddy? I forgot that one of those teams I mentioned are your favorites...kinda sorta and I also forgot that your an CBS sports analyst/quick pick type of guy. Your the next Mel Kiper. ESPN is down here in Ballantyne, you should apply. TJCA or whoever will never be only Albemarle's level....ever. Yeah we have had it here the last two years, there's no denying that, especially when you make Channel 9 news and the whole state is looking at you.

You lecture me on calling a school a 8th grade team, but you turn around call Albemarle a school full of "Thugs" HA! You express your opinion, and I'm gonna express mines....

Oh and about GPA's....they don't matter either just like polls. My GPA wasn't the highest not even close to top 30 in my class, but I did go on to college and land a good job making more than the top 10 GPA's in my class.....how does that work? hmm...

Sway, I hate that your dawgs didnt make the playoffs this year. I was looking forward to seeing them after all we have not be able to make it that for since 09. And, there is not shame in losing to Murphy. They have a really good team. But I think if you seen the Rville Murphy game this year you might no be so fast to pick them. They could very well beat us this year but I think we are the clear favorite. Our line did a great job vs the yeller dawgs and that was the key.
Sorry for hijacking the thread. Back to the topic. I think Murphy will have atleast a 4td lead at the half. Game over.

It's all good BK, no pawn taking. I didn't get a chance to see you guys play Swain over online broadcast. But, yeah if would have been nice to see my Bulldogs play you guys, but honestly, we were not very good this year. In the other bracket with Elkin TJCA and so on, we would have cut through that bracket like hot steel on butter. Murphy would have killed us this year, not as bad as last year, but it would've been at least 2td difference. You guys would have killed us also. And I don't think we play that well in the cold lol, so maybe next year when we get our ducks in a row, we will meet in the second or third round. Hopefully 4th where you guys will come down and see our beautiful stadium. Good luck.

Originally posted by BK13T-$:
Sway, I hate that your dawgs didnt make the playoffs this year. I was looking forward to seeing them after all we have not be able to make it that for since 09. And, there is not shame in losing to Murphy. They have a really good team. But I think if you seen the Rville Murphy game this year you might no be so fast to pick them. They could very well beat us this year but I think we are the clear favorite. Our line did a great job vs the yeller dawgs and that was the key.
Sorry for hijacking the thread. Back to the topic. I think Murphy will have atleast a 4td lead at the half. Game over.
Robbinsville's running game killed Murphy in the last game. Their OL dominated Murphy's DL and the rest of the D did a very poor job tackling. Since that game, the Murphy D looks like they have grown a pair! They are flying around, hitting, forcing turnovers, and tackling much better. They flat out dominated Swain. Held them to about 50 yards on the ground, and the Murphy O ran up and down the field. Keep in mind McRae didn't play and neither did Kent. Murphy's O is getting better and better even with the back up QB running the offense. McRae is getting more comfortable with each game and Wiley has been getting more touches. Everything seems to be clicking at just the right time. I'm not picking a Murphy victory the day after Thanksgiving just yet but it would be a mistake for Robbinsville to come with the same game plan as last time. If Murphy keeps hitting and playing D the way they have the last few weeks then it will be very interesting.

We are not coming with the same Offense. Been watching practice and we have been running the Box with a direct snap to Cruz and Skylar. Got the 2nd string QB back and he is in the box also. He does most of the passing. Our big fullback looks tough leading the way for those guys out of the box. Love that offense.

That is a tough offense. Robbinsville has a team this year that is suited for it. It will be interesting to see what kind of changes and adjustments both teams make for Black Friday (assuming both teams win this week). But more than any kind of adjustments Murphy can make, it simply comes down to how much they want it. They are just gonna have to be tougher (or at least play even) than Rville up front in order to win.

Not to mention Murphy's line play is much better on both sides of the ball now with Graves healthy . That allows Stafford to play defense something he wasn't doing in the first matchup . It also puts him and Graves both on the line and that has made them meaner and stronger . Keep doubting us BK , you can ask Albemarle posters when a State Championship birth is on the line Murphy will come to play and there not gonna hand it to you 1 ` .

Both teams are gonna install new little wrinkles that neither team seen out of the other in the previous game. Murphy's defense will be the key if they play again. Robbinsville has proved on both sides of the ball they can play. Murphy's D has to show up this time. I think this game will be interesting for sure. I hope to be in town, but I may miss Thanksgiving altogether.

SMCdogfan, What do you mean by keep doubting us? Because I am picking us to be a small favorite? I have not talked smack and I have said on every thread that it will be close and muprhy could very well beat us this time. So I really dont know what you mean. No matter what I say some of you guys will put things in my mouth that I didnt say, if Murphy wins.
Robbinsville 28 Murphy 24.

Is that okay that I pick that score?

We are not coming with the same Offense. Been watching practice and we have been running the Box with a direct snap to Cruz and Skylar. Got the 2nd string QB back and he is in the box also. He does most of the passing. Our big fullback looks tough leading the way for those guys out of the box. Love that offense.
Can't help but think about Travis when you mentioned the Box. Great offense for yalls team this year. I love the old smashmouth style and there actually are several options to run out of it.

The box is a tough offense to stop if you have the right people to run it, but my question is why did Rville decide to wait until the playoffs to start doing it? I mean you're undefeated so why change what you're doing? Is it a full time thing or will Rville just use it in certain situations? What if they make mistakes running it such as turnovers, penalties, etc? Also why would Rville posters get on here and share this info with (assuming things go as expected this Friday) a Murphy rematch looming next week lol? Looks like you guys would keep this stuff quiet. But thanks for sharing! I'm sure Murphy's coaches appreciate it!

Its not every play. Just as needed. 230 pound fullback and Sklyar leading the way for Cruz around the end. What Corner wants a part of that, I ask you?

Its not every play. Just as needed. 230 pound fullback and Sklyar leading the way for Cruz around the end. What Corner wants a part of that, I ask you?
None! Defensive ends live a hard life defending the box too.

You guys might not see it. We are probably saving it for the 4th round.
3dgrin.r191677.gif

very encouraging news at practice is what I'm hearing. if the Dogs add some thunder to their lightening quick offense then look out. Dogs "might" be able to give the undefeated, No.1 ranked team in the state a game under a 21 point spread.....lol

Union Academy has a pretty good O/D line. They have some good athletes that can break the long one so Murphy will have to gang tackle. I think Murphy wins at home, but might be a good game early.

Originally posted by bigtime_87:
Union Academy has a pretty good O/D line. They have some good athletes that can break the long one so Murphy will have to gang tackle. I think Murphy wins at home, but might be a good game early.
Murphys big fullback will be to much for UA line. He might be bigger than any linemen UA has. Over 250 pounds.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT