ADVERTISEMENT

Tuscola (7-0) vs. Pisgah (7-0)

lol, wrong. look at my history, I have posted on the football boards here and there for years. No, I dont post day in and day out, but I have posted for years. go ahead and protect your boyfriend, its okay. I am not here to judge you even though you think you have a beef with me.

Last edited by a moderator:
i picked pisgah to win as well. i think i saw one poster predict a 55 14 win for tuscola. good call there.not many games between unbeatens are that kind of blowout. good luck to both the rest of the way. either of these 2 teams big 3a?

i picked pisgah to win as well. i think i saw one poster predict a 55 14 win for tuscola. good call there.not many games between unbeatens are that kind of blowout. good luck to both the rest of the way. either of these 2 teams big 3a?
Both will probably be small 3A and could meet again in the play offs.

Never met him in my life.If you had bothered to read my posts on here you would see I have went after him several times.

Last edited by a moderator:
oh, thought you were cracking on me, so I was cracking back, but seriously, I have posted on other forums besides the Front Porch for years. Yes I do miss the porch but it is gone.

So the attendance was 13,000ish last night, if they meet in the playoffs could we see 16,000? I don't see either of these teams making it to the 4th round but it could happen if they play each other in the 3rd

So the attendance was 13,000ish last night, if they meet in the playoffs could we see 16,000? I don't see either of these teams making it to the 4th round but it could happen if they play each other in the 3rd
very unlikely you could see that many I don't think there is anywhere to put 3 more thousand, maybe 14 but I have no idea where they all would go.

I regret not going to this game instead of watching us embarrass ourselves on homecoming

you ever wonder why no one takes you seriously, Mule? this is why. report with your mind, not your heart (even though you graduated from Pisgah)

jv and varsity are two different animals. you have been a Tuscola cheerleader for years (despite your upbringing). at least I have a legitimate reason to pull for the "other" team on occasion, being a Tuscola alumni and having all my kids graduating from Pisgah..
I was merely correcting a 58-20 score reported on here. As for "legitimate reasons" to "pull for the other team" allow me to correct you AGAIN. I was assigned Tuscola to cover. They have been good to me, and I have no problem with either of the schools admin coaches or players. As for the fans....I could care less. REALLY care less.

Correct me if I'm wrong, Ferguson didn't score the last Touchdown vs Smoky in the 56-6 blowout? I know Thursday night the starters were still in till the end. Also, in my opinion, after watching both quarterbacks, Tuscola's best one is starting on JVs.
Also, in my opinion, after watching both quarterbacks, Tuscola's best one is starting on JVs.
That is why you arent a coach. Randy Pressley is the mold this kid is built from, and just as athletic. If he chooses to play at the next level it will likely be at another position. AS for starters staying in the game, (Ferguson scored the final Tuscola TD with 11:42 remaining in the game vs Smoky MT.)Did Pisgah put their reserves in first? I remember seeing many of the same Pisgah numbers in at or near the end of the game that started, and the play by play stat sheet right here confirms that, especially with the backs and ends. If Pisgah had substituted I am confident that Tuscola would have done the same.

So the attendance was 13,000ish last night, if they meet in the playoffs could we see 16,000? No I doubt that because the weather may keep some of the folks home. It would be COLD about that time. Last night couldnt have been ANY better weather wise. That helps attendance. Plus CANTON itself couldnt hold 16000 folks let alone Pisgah Memorial Stadium. (or Tuscolas stadium either for that matter) I think I predicted a 21-20 Tuscola win. But close doesnt count in this game.

Also, in my opinion, after watching both quarterbacks, Tuscola's best one is starting on JVs.
That is why you arent a coach. Randy Pressley is the mold this kid is built from, and just as athletic. If he chooses to play at the next level it will likely be at another position. AS for starters staying in the game, (Ferguson scored the final Tuscola TD with 11:42 remaining in the game vs Smoky MT.)Did Pisgah put their reserves in first? I remember seeing many of the same Pisgah numbers in at or near the end of the game that started, and the play by play stat sheet right here confirms that, especially with the backs and ends. If Pisgah had substituted I am confident that Tuscola would have done the same.
Pisgah did substitute .As for the JV QB yeah he impressed me.Hey mule you still think i underestimated that great Tuscola offence and defence.58 total yards second half,one first down.Looked to me like they were really hurting in the overtime.Bears also had over a hundreds more yards rushing that the mounties.

Reactions: I-40 traveler
I predicted 28-17. I also said turnovers could change things. Tuscola scored a little less. Pisgah scored little more. Both teams showed the same amount of heart. Halftime adjustments won this game. One side of the county is willing to adjust to win, the other side is, to quote "Gonna do what we do..." SMH. SMH.

I predicted 28-17. I also said turnovers could change things. Tuscola scored a little less. Pisgah scored little more. Both teams showed the same amount of heart. Halftime adjustments won this game. One side of the county is willing to adjust to win, the other side is, to quote "Gonna do what we do..." SMH. SMH.
I think most of us that know anything about high school football and Pisgah ,Tuscola games.Both teams undefeated .Knew it was going to be close ,very few blow outs in fifty years.
The prediction that I really got a kick out of was from the guy that is a legend in his own mind when it comes to Pisgah Tuscola football
Bamatides pick-49-14 Tuscola.:D:D:D

*Let me shake things up a little and have some fun." (This is all in humor and not meaning to be disrespectful to two good teams. Just want to get a little fun going because I have a feeling West Rowan will see one of these two teams in the playoffs)
Does anyone remember the last time a mountain team won a state 3A or 3AA championship? That was the climax of both teams season last Friday night other than a round one and maybe a round two playoff win.
Maybe what that game showed was two good teams that maybe have not really played anyone and they both struggled when they came against a good team. There was a winner on the score board, but the game was basically a draw by two teams that are good (not great) playing each other. They both really could not move the ball.
Just like last year when we went up and played West Henderson in the 2nd round of the playoffs. They were like 9-2 and the "best in the mountains". We honestly were and average 7-4 team. The game was over when we returned the opening kick off for a TD. Wasn't even close. Tuscola and Pisgah would finish 4th and 5th in the SPC behind West Rowan, JM Robinson. Concord and Hickory Ridge. How is that for busting open a hornets nest!? (remember just having a little fun. not trying to be a smart a$$.)
How many starters from those teams play both ways?

Reactions: Reynoldsrocks2
*Let me shake things up a little and have some fun." (This is all in humor and not meaning to be disrespectful to two good teams. Just want to get a little fun going because I have a feeling West Rowan will see one of these two teams in the playoffs)
Does anyone remember the last time a mountain team won a state 3A or 3AA championship? That was the climax of both teams season last Friday night other than a round one and maybe a round two playoff win.
Maybe what that game showed was two good teams that maybe have not really played anyone and they both struggled when they came against a good team. There was a winner on the score board, but the game was basically a draw by two teams that are good (not great) playing each other. They both really could not move the ball.
Just like last year when we went up and played West Henderson in the 2nd round of the playoffs. They were like 9-2 and the "best in the mountains". We honestly were and average 7-4 team. The game was over when we returned the opening kick off for a TD. Wasn't even close. Tuscola and Pisgah would finish 4th and 5th in the SPC behind West Rowan, JM Robinson. Concord and Hickory Ridge. How is that for busting open a hornets nest!? (remember just having a little fun. not trying to be a smart a$$.)

Agreed....

You need to get your facts straight before getting on here and making a fool of yourself.North Henderson was 5-4 last year when you played them.They were in a three way tie for conference champion.No one thought they were "Best in The Mountains".We all knew that our conference was down that year.
I went back and looked at all the posts not one person had said anything about going to fourth round or state champion.Although over the last ten years both teams have been into the third and fourth round.No state championships since the seventies but still have more than your team does.
Tuscola played you team in 09 fourth round round I believe and lost by nine points hardly a blow out.Bears have never played any of those teams you mentioned but we have played Shelby ,Charlotte Catholic ,Hibritten .Asheville Erwin and Reynolds pretty close games and some we won.
So who knows what will happen in the playoffs .Both Haywood County teams could be still playing while your teams getting ready for basketball.[Remember just having a little fun]

I am Sure the Tuscola staff could care less about any Opinion you have, but I am sure they didn't know you were an expert at evaluating talent and coaching quarterbacks!! Really, this coming from someone who never strapped on a Helmet!!

Well, I can say this. Ill take the trade off of little less talent on the sports teams around here, as opposed to living where you live. Possibly the ugliest area, with most inhospitable climate on planet earth is the area from say, Hickory all the way to the coast. (with the possible exception of the area around Odessa TX) NC ends in Marion as far as I am concerned.

Reactions: BD Warrior
You need to get your facts straight before getting on here and making a fool of yourself.North Henderson was 5-4 last year when you played them.They were in a three way tie for conference champion.No one thought they were "Best in The Mountains".We all knew that our conference was down that year.
I went back and looked at all the posts not one person had said anything about going to fourth round or state champion.Although over the last ten years both teams have been into the third and fourth round.No state championships since the seventies but still have more than your team does.
Tuscola played you team in 09 fourth round round I believe and lost by nine points hardly a blow out.Bears have never played any of those teams you mentioned but we have played Shelby ,Charlotte Catholic ,Hibritten .Asheville Erwin and Reynolds pretty close games and some we won.
So who knows what will happen in the playoffs .Both Haywood County teams could be still playing while your teams getting ready for basketball.[Remember just having a little fun]

Mr. Bear
According to the Ashville paper and the Salisbury Post both teams were 9-3 West Henderson not "North" was a #3 verse West Rowan a #6. So both of us were a little off on that one.
Also West Rowan appeared in 4 straight 3A State Championships 2008,2009,2010,2011 winning 3 of them in a row. We don't have to go back to 1970ish.
* I agree 100% about that 4th round Tuscola vs West Rowan game in 2008 or 2009. It was a barn burner. It in my opinion was the real state title game. Had Tuscola won they would have easily beaten the team from the East as we did. I think that game was one of the best I have ever watched. If those teams would have played 10 games, each would have won 5 apiece. Tuscola was very good.
* Also did Pisgah or Tuscola play kids both ways Friday? I was wondering if fatigue played any part in the 4th or overtime of the game Friday.

Last edited:
Well, I can say this. Ill take the trade off of little less talent on the sports teams around here, as opposed to living where you live. Possibly the ugliest area, with most inhospitable climate on planet earth is the area from say, Hickory all the way to the coast. (with the possible exception of the area around Odessa TX) NC ends in Marion as far as I am concerned.
Mule, I will agree with you on that! Both my parents are from Mitchell County and I love it up there. I basically spent my childhood up there over the summer and on weekends. I love me some NC Mountains and mountain folk. Mater of fact I am headed up there this weekend! After we beat Concord Friday night of course.

Mr. Bear
According to the Ashville paper and the Salisbury Post both teams were 9-3 West Henderson not "North" was a #3 verse West Rowan a #6. So both of us were a little off on that one.
Also West Rowan appeared in 4 straight 3A State Championships 2008,2009,2010,2011 winning 3 of them in a row. We don't have to go back to 1970ish.
* I agree 100% about that 4th round Tuscola vs West Rowan game in 2008 or 2009. It was a barn burner. It in my opinion was the real state title game. Had Tuscola won they would have easily beaten the team from the East as we did. I think that game was one of the best I have ever watched. If those teams would have played 10 games, each would have won 5 apiece. Tuscola was very good.
* Also did Pisgah or Tuscola play kids both ways Friday? I was wondering if fatigue played any part in the 4th or overtime of the game Friday.
You are right, come playoff time anything can happen. I would hate to see basketball come so soon around here! LOL Tuscola and Pisgah both will be in the thick of the small 3A playoffs. Either one of them could easily win the West. I think Hibriten and burns will be in the mix as well. Who knows, there may not be much difference in the top 5 teams. Just depends who shows up to play and who catches the breaks.

West Rowan?? I ain't worried about no West Rowan!!!!
In all seriousness though I like our teams chances to make a run in the playoffs. We should have all of our injured players back by then and I've been impressed with how our younger players have improved. Long at receiver is improving and Mehaffey played a great game against Tuscola. They are both sophomores, just like our quarterback who has shown tons of improvement this season. By the time playoffs come I think we will be peaking and hungry for more!

Reactions: Mt.Ulla-falcon-fan
Mr. Bear

I was wrong about their record it was 9-4.The only reason they were seeded number three is because they won the coin flip with Pisgah and Tuscola .was a three way tie.They did beat us but lost to Tuscola.Like I said our conference was really down last year except for Franklin the rest of us lost in first round.
We played North Rowan lost by four .In 08 we played a Salisbury team that was 11-0 but had to forfeit several games.Their coach made the statement whoever they played in the playoffs that teams head would roll or something like that.Pisgah beat them 17-14
Both teams have kids that go both ways.Pisgah shot themselves in the foot first half with turnovers and penalties.Second half Tuscola did some of that.

Last edited:
I was wrong about their record it was 9-4.The only reason they were seeded number three is because they won the coin flip with Pisgah and Tuscola .was a three way tie.They did beat us but lost to Tuscola.Like I said our conference was really down last year except for Franklin the rest of us lost in first round.
We played North Rowan lost by four .In 08 we played a Salisbury team that was 11-0 but had to forfeit several games.Their coach made the statement whoever they played in the playoffs that teams head would roll or something like that.Pisgah beat them 17-14
Both teams have kids that go both ways.Pisgah shot themselves in the foot first half with turnovers and penalties.Second half Tuscola did some of that.
I could not imagine what it was like playing in front of a crowd like that. Those are special moments that they will never forget. That was a college atmosphere and a very good game.

Mt. Ulla, Reynolds was the best team in the mountains last year and would've given y'all a whooping, as Asheville would've done in 2014. Both Asheville and Tuscola gave yalls '09 title team a run for your money. And to answer your question, the last 3a mountain team to win state was Asheville in 2005, although Reynolds won in '09 as a 4a team.

Why would Pisgah put their reserves in during a close game? I'm guessing you are referring to Friday.

Mt. Ulla, Reynolds was the best team in the mountains last year and would've given y'all a whooping, as Asheville would've done in 2014. Both Asheville and Tuscola gave yalls '09 title team a run for your money. And to answer your question, the last 3a mountain team to win state was Asheville in 2005, although Reynolds won in '09 as a 4a team.
They sure did. I remember those games well.

Possibly the ugliest area, with most inhospitable climate on planet earth is the area from say, Hickory all the way to the coast. NC ends in Marion as far as I am concerned.

I've lived in both the Greensboro and Durham areas and I have to agree with you on this one Mule.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT