ADVERTISEMENT

Trinity Job

GHumble

Apr 10, 2015
I am wanting to see if anyone knows anything on the Trinity Football HC job? Has anyone been offered or interviewed for the job?

Concerned Trinity Fan

Well, I heard a rumor yesterday. And I pray that it is only a rumor. Tim Kelly Sr. has stated he wants the job. Now why would the basketball coach want the football job? The only reason would be to get his son a job there and to be able to control the football players that also play basketball. This way basketball workouts would come first during the summer. If this is true, then it only shows how much the administration at Trinity think about football. I really feel sorry for the players.

DeRanged--you amaze me. You try to stir up more crap on this site than anyone. Let's set some things straight. You have stated on here the reason the current coach is leaving is because the administration and the basketball program is killing football. Hmmm.....the administration that is there now wasn't in place during football. That couldn't be a problem. The previous administration did all they could to support the coach. They even looked the other way when he never taught a class for two years. He was allowed to hire his entire family, dad, father in-law, brother in-law, college buddies, etc. What a joke! As far as faculty coaches or randolph county employees that coached football---football has more than any other sport at Trinity....five or more to be exact. Football has the largest budget of any sports, best equipment, etc. I think this proves the administration and the Athletic Director have supported his program.

Now your comments about basketball. How can basketball hurt football? Six of footballs top players played basketball. Another player quit basketball to focus on football. The JV basketball coach was the offensive coordinator. Three or four JV players played JV football. Basketball is in a dead period when Football starts. I don't see your argument. Why do you complain about basketball? Does soccer, wrestling, swimming, tennis, baseball, track, cross country, etc.... have a negative effect on football? I believe it is sour grapes.

Coach Trivette did a great job with the football program. He brought it a long way in two years. I don;t know why he is leaving. That is his business. I could speculate but then I would be doing the same thing you're doing. Spreading rumors. I have not posted on this site in a long time but you're stupidity angers me.

Your comments on Coach Kelly and his son are disturbing to me. I know Coach Kelly and he supports the football team. I see him at almost every game during the season. Where are the football coaches during basketball season? I don't see them at many basketball games. As far as coaching football at Trinity I don't believe you have to worry about Coach Kelly doing that. I am sure he has enough to do with basketball. To his credit he did coach football at Trinity for 12 years. You claim he is trying to get his son at the high school. Why not? He is a Trinity boy. Played on the greatest team in school history and has coached there for eight years. If anything he has earned the right to be there! I suggest you simply support all the programs and all the coaches at Trinity. We are in it together. If you can't do this keep your thoughts to yourself. I know you can't do this but at least I have made people who read your trash aware of the lies you are spreading.

Dimes04- we all know who you really are so stop hiding behind the screen name.

For the record this is Coach Trivett, this will be my first and my last post on here. Where do you get off saying I never taught a class in 2 years.? Did you come by and see all the work the kids put in during my weightlifting classes? The only coach I had on staff was my father who is the ISS teacher. I asked my father in law and brother in law to help me coach because there wasn't any other positions to hire coaches. What college buddies did I hire? And that joke of a coaching staff won 10 games in two years. So if you want to get down too it, football has more coaches because there is more players. Football has to spend money for equipment because you need it to play the game. Any school should spend more money on football because regardless if your team is 0-11 or 11-0 football is the biggest revenue sport there is.

I can't speak for deranged because I don't know them and I think they are just trying to stir crap up. I attended several basketball games while I was at Trinity. I also believe my father helped coach JV basketball for a year and didn't get paid for it. I think he was told there was no money, but there is 5 varsity basketball coaches getting paid. But I'm not on here trying to stir anything up I just want the facts out there.

I wish the best for the returning players at Trinity and they all know I will always be there if they need me.

Dimes04- if you have any questions or need to talk to me you know a couple people that have my number give me a call.

I am not sure who you think I am but that really doesn't matter. And I will take your word that you don't know who DeRanged is because I was led to believe differently. The remark I made about the coaching staff was not meant as a slur to their abilities but I worded it poorly. What I was implying was how could DeRange make a remark about a coach trying to help a family member when so many family members of another coach were helping . I will apologize for the teaching remark as I was misinformed .

Notice I never said you were complaining about anything or what your reasons for leaving were. I was responding to what the poster had written over several posts. I love high school sports. It bothers me when an individual or a group points blame at someone else for problems they are having. This is what DeRange is doing----it's administration or it's basketball. Personally, I don't know what problems football was having, if any .or soccer, or track or basketball. My point is, if there are problems they are the problems of that sport .

It was impressive that you won 10 games in two years and I gave you credit for that. As far as who is paid what amount of money or who coaches for free I have no idea and it doesn't concern me. I hear from several people that finding coaches is difficult for all sports.

I was trying to admonish DeRanged for his posts and the information he was spreading but somehow did not convey my message in the best way. I offended you and for that I apologize. Tonight, I have learned some valuable lessons. One, stay off these boards. Two, if I do get on and read the posts never respond because it only throws fuel on a fire. Three, never assume you know who the poster is even if someone tells you they know.

I wish Coach Trivette luck at his new job and I encourage everyone in the community to support all our teams at the middle school and both high schools

Does anyone know the who the new principal will be at Trinity? Mr. Chappell is there on an interim basis & is involved in the selection process of the new HFC. Just my opinion but it's not a good idea to take a head football job (or any position for that matter) not knowing who your actual boss will be!!

TW

I have not heard anything. I just want to throw this out there. What is yalls opinion on Coach Andrews he has been OC last 2 years. I know he came up through Bull Dog Community as a great QB (4 Year Starter) and a great SS (4Year Starter). I seen some Trinity games where the offense was clicking and they won 10 games last 2 seasons. He may be the man for the job. He has heart tied into that place. Or should Trinity seek outside help that will more than likely be a stepping stone to a bigger football program.

Let me know your opinion.

I think coach Andrews coaches basketball and baseball also. That man has to love that school because he is there all the time.

Coach Fox that is some disturbing news.I do not think Trinity can afford to lose another one of there committed coaches. If you do not mind me asking where did you hear that news about Coach Andrews from?

Hey Dimes04,
How does that foot taste? You sure got that thing lodged in there deep. Sounds like you should probably stop talking about the subject. Seems like you think your two cents is worth ten there Dimes. Everyone in the state knows that Trinity is a basketball school. They don't know what it takes to win football games, and your idiotic banter is proof of that. Ask any head coach in the state about how many coaches they need and I promise they will say 8 or more with at least four in the school building. Some schools have 15 football coaches. Coach Trivette went to war with a pea shooter and won some games. Do yourself a favor. On August 1st, drive to a school that had a winning record last year and take a look at how a program should be run. Good luck to you folks in the future. You will need it.

Hey Idiot, why all the hatred against the Bulldog community. They have not did anything to you have they? I understand your problem with Dimes but keep it there. If administration hires a guy that comes to Trinity with heart and not a personal agenda to get Head Coaching experience so they can get another job they may return to football success. In my opinion they should hire from within the current coaching staff like Thomasville. These coaches know the kids and what they did do successful last year. Then build from there. Idiot where do you call your home school? I am sure they will be proud of you and how you bash the bulldogs behind a screen name.

GHumble, how did you get "hatred of the bulldog community" from my post??? You are right. They have not DONE anything to me. I was speaking to Dimes about his opinions. The only thing that could remotely be toward the Bulldog community is the good luck statement. I do in fact wish you luck, and you will in fact need it. The Bulldog community has witnessed a lot of losses over the years for many reasons. Now you are having to start over with a new coach, and still have many of the same problems that you have faced in the past. It doesn't matter who you hire, if they don't have enough coaches, you will not be successful. That is not hate. It is common sense. The kids there deserve better than what the past administration has given them.

The problem lies within the county. I wouldn't critique the administration too much. One middle school feeding 2 high schools is so backwards. Trinity and Wheatmore will be hamstrung in football if not all athletics til this gets solved.

Randolph County Administration is TO BLIND to see the solution that would fix the Wheatmore/Trinity middle school situation. Randolph County Schools has Uwharrie Middle School sitting 10 minutes from Wheatmore with a Trinity address that is half empty. (10 Empty classrooms last I heard) but it still being used for Southwestern Randolph which is like 30 minutes away. D. Andrews really screwed over the county before he left. Killed ER football and put a big hit on Trinity basketball with PG and WHS being built. Now the county is such a mess kids are parents are taking their kids to the new school in Asheboro. I hate this for Wheatmore/Trinity as well as ER/PG.

When I was coaching in Randolph county there was talk about Uwharrie middle school being broken up to help fill Trinity. I think that some lines could be redrawn with SWR and Randleman to make the numbers around the county a little better. I also think that the county would like all schools to be class AA but with SWR and Randleman(who will be AAA next alignment the redistricting would need to take place soon. Another problem with Trinity is that Wheatmore is very nice and new and if anyone is going to move into Randolph county they are going to move into the Wheatmore district. And lastly I wonder how good ER or Trinity would have been in Football or Basketball if they were AAAA. That is wht they would be without PG and Wheatmore.

Last edited:
I agree with the last three posts 100%. Although there is nothing anyone can do about unless they are in central office. Trinity is in a tough place and coaches only come there to use them like a stepping stone. The only thing Trinity can do from this point is hire a coach that has his/her heart in the school. In my opinion Coach Andrews is a sure thing from research I have found out he has been there coaching over 5 years in football, basketball, and baseball. He is the returning OC from last two years. He heart is in it and I know someone said he was following Trivett to Salisbury. I would like to see what would happen if Trinity offered him the position as head guy.

Clock is ticking and football is just a few months away if you take into consideration the 3-4 weeks in June and July where no activity can take place (Exam week, Coaches Clinic, and July 4th week). Bad situation getting worse daily if they do not fill that spot soon. I feel for the kids at Trinity and hopefully Admin will make a move with a coach that will continue the awesome work Coach T did the last two seasons. As far as a stepping stone job, that is unfortunately part of the career cycle for teachers that coach. Hard to find one that will just sit tight and stay for the long run, especially if they start winning at a school with poor tradition in a sport. It makes them a hot commodity in the coaching ranks when they turn a struggling program around. Winning may not equal over .500 records depending on the school. The guy down at N Moore is a prime example. They were terrible in football for years, he won 4, 5, 6 games and now he is well on his way to a bigger opportunity if he wants it.

I know of two guys that have interviewed at least. Mark Raynor and David Hayes have both interviewed. Both are former Trinity Bulldogs and are darn good coaches. I have coached with both of them at some point over the years. That is all I know in regards to the Bulldogs HC position.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT