ADVERTISEMENT

Havelock Looking for a HC?

CLTTarHeel33

Jun 8, 2022
Saw their HC opening was posted on MaxPreps on 12/14. Is this correct or is it an old posting showing up?

Apologies if posted already and I didn't see it - but this seems like a big spot for someone to land (if the information is correct about it being open).

Saw their HC opening was posted on MaxPreps on 12/14. Is this correct or is it an old posting showing up?

Apologies if posted already and I didn't see it - but this seems like a big spot for someone to land (if the information is correct about it being open).
Wooten was only interim coach this past season after the Caleb King debacle. With the season he had, he has to be in the running. But it’s Craven county so there’s no telling at this point.

You may be surprised when a hire is made.
I could be. The point of my post was not that King would be coach but that they have to follow the process. I have no idea who they will hire. I haven’t been following it.

Nick Saban?
If you polled the Havelock faithful you would probably find they feel that way about Caleb King. I like Caleb, I never got to know him really good when he was on the staff at West Craven while going to college at ECU. But I know him well enough to know he is a good guy and if the people in Havelock want him as coach then I hope the county does the right thing and hires him as head coach. Havelock is fortunate to have a great program and have kid's enthusiastically coming out for football. Coach Bob Sabdo is one of the reasons also with that JV team. I know a couple of years ago we talked before playing them and he had over 60 kid's. Had to go out and get helmets from other schools to be able to suit them all up. On the western end of the county we are lucky to have enough to field a team. I'm not jealous of them I just wish we had the ingredients to draw people to the western end of the county. But's time for that drama to end.

Reactions: dogs79
If you polled the Havelock faithful you would probably find they feel that way about Caleb King. I like Caleb, I never got to know him really good when he was on the staff at West Craven while going to college at ECU. But I know him well enough to know he is a good guy and if the people in Havelock want him as coach then I hope the county does the right thing and hires him as head coach. Havelock is fortunate to have a great program and have kid's enthusiastically coming out for football. Coach Bob Sabdo is one of the reasons also with that JV team. I know a couple of years ago we talked before playing them and he had over 60 kid's. Had to go out and get helmets from other schools to be able to suit them all up. On the western end of the county we are lucky to have enough to field a team. I'm not jealous of them I just wish we had the ingredients to draw people to the western end of the county. But's time for that drama to end.
Yea, I know Caleb pretty well. He's a great person and cares tremendously about the kids and Havelock. I would assume they're making sure all is good to make this hire and not have to be in this situation again for a long, long time. Since they just landed the West Carteret QB that helps with this upcoming team. I can only assume Coach Sabdo is the father of the QB they had back in the day. Did he go with JBB to Freedom then come back to Havelock? Or has he been there the whole time? The numbers are great and with the program/middle school going the way it has for so long, Havelock should be solid for years to come. As long as the community support remains and they have a quality staff of assistant coaches.

Yea, I know Caleb pretty well. He's a great person and cares tremendously about the kids and Havelock. I would assume they're making sure all is good to make this hire and not have to be in this situation again for a long, long time. Since they just landed the West Carteret QB that helps with this upcoming team. I can only assume Coach Sabdo is the father of the QB they had back in the day. Did he go with JBB to Freedom then come back to Havelock? Or has he been there the whole time? The numbers are great and with the program/middle school going the way it has for so long, Havelock should be solid for years to come. As long as the community support remains and they have a quality staff of assistant coaches.
Yea that was his son that played qb. Pretty tough kid. I don’t think he followed Jim Bob but I could be wrong.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT