ADVERTISEMENT

The Official RPI Thread (post updates here)

ER has played a tough schedule also and it will make them better for the playoffs. I like their chances to advance to the semis again. I wonder if they will end up in a conference with Tville next time. Both schools are about the same enrollment along with Trinity, Wheatmore and PG.
Not sure how that will shake out. I, personally, like the all Randolph county conference. Good gates and rivalry games almost every week in all sports. But I don’t have one playing anymore so it doesn’t matter as much I guess. We shall see. Thomasville wouldn’t be much farther then Wheat but still would be a ride compared to PG 😂

Has anyone noticed that North Surry and East Surry both are turning their seasons into pretty impressive years, since their butt kicking by Mt Airy? (Yes, Robbinsville beat ES opening game but I said "since" Mt Airy game).

These improving RPI stats plus a Starmount that runs the rest of the season will only continue to help Mt Airy's RPI.
But I continue to say that the sleeper this season is most likely residing a little east of all of us: Eastern Randolph!

Has anyone noticed that North Surry and East Surry both are turning their seasons into pretty impressive years, since their butt kicking by Mt Airy? (Yes, Robbinsville beat ES opening game but I said "since" Mt Airy game).

These improving RPI stats plus a Starmount that runs the rest of the season will only continue to help Mt Airy's RPI.
But I continue to say that the sleeper this season is most likely residing a little east of all of us: Eastern Randolph!
Shhhhhh…🤫

Reactions: REWhitley
Frankie Drake Mysteries Meow GIF by Ovation TV

Right now looks like the SMC is the SEC and Mt Airy and Tarboro are the PAC 12 teams in the playoffs could beat the all and the WHC is the ACC were you're just hoping to win your conference.

Reactions: thekidd12
Naa reality set in for Colorado Saturday
If I'm sticking with the NCAA conference
analogy I still put them in the PAC 12. There's a lot of good teams in the PAC 12.
Not that I believe "the home field advantage" is all that important, but IF Mt Airy HAS to play Eastern Randolph this year I sure do hope it is in Mayberry.

Really there's some really good teams in the PAC 12 hard to believe next the conference won't even exist as is like you say PAC 7 with the last two to leave California and Stanford heading to the ACC.
See that’s what happens with written words. Eastern Randolph is actually in the Piedmont Athletic Conference and there are seven members hence PAC7. Not as famous as the SMC but we like it. 😂 However your example of teams from the Pacific time zone works too 👍

What's the deal with FYN Sports? They've got a big graphic on Facebook stating NCHSAA 1A Rankings Week 6. I'm assuming they're combining East and West by RPI for an overall top 10 but thing is it not correct they have ...
#1 Tarboro
#2 Mt Airy
#3 Robbinsville
#4 Swain
#5 Draughn
#6 Murphy
#7 Eastern Randolph
#8 Thomasville
#9 Mitchell
#10 Northampton. ( who is actually #22 in the East. There's 26 West teams with a higher RPI)
If you combined them this is what you'd have...
(RPI as of 9:16am 9/27/23)

#1 Tarboro (.73146)
#2 Mt Airy (.71567)
#3 Robbinsville (.68033)
#4 North Rowan ( .64792)
#5 Swain (.63330)
#6 Murphy (.63050)
#7 Eastern Randolph (.62910)
#8 Starmount (.58875)
#9 Perquimans (.58333)
#10 Mitchell (.57492)

The only Rankings that have n.rowan in top ten is Carolinepreps at 8th. Rpi 4th.
Perquimans isn't in any top 15 rankings except rpi has them in top ten. Lol
It's a fail. Maybe the State Reps will fix it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Old Mountaineer
I was wondering if was their own top 10 . They need to state it differently. They need to state it differently instead of
"NCHSAA 1A Rankings After 6 weeks of play! " something like the FYTV top ten for the nchsaa 1A.

Reactions: BK13T-$
Wasn't this Seafood place in Asheboro? One we stopped at was.
I assumed he was referring to Captain Tom’s seafood. It was located about 3 miles east of school on highway 64. That’s where most locals used to get fish. Y’all probably stopped at America’s Roadhouse, also on 64, in Asheboro. Large portions and good food just not as good to us as Captain Tom’s.
Come to think of it he may have meant there as well. If so sorry. It’s a good place to get almost any kind of meal you want.

Reactions: buzzcoach
I assumed he was referring to Captain Tom’s seafood. It was located about 3 miles east of school on highway 64. That’s where most locals used to get fish. Y’all probably stopped at America’s Roadhouse, also on 64, in Asheboro. Large portions and good food just not as good to us as Captain Tom’s.
Come to think of it he may have meant there as well. If so sorry. It’s a good place to get almost any kind of meal you want.
Used to have a Captain Tom’s in Thomasville too. Great seafood.

Reactions: thekidd12
I think the only Captain Tom’s left is in Kernersville.
I heard that somewhere recently. Used to go to Libby Hill’s in Greensboro when children were young for fish. Then when Captain Tom’s changed flounder to more like theirs just five minutes up the road and we were good. One of Captain Tom’s signs used to actually be on corner of what is now my property.
Dang now I’m hungry 😂😂

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT