ADVERTISEMENT

The Official RPI Thread (post updates here)

I don't about knowing more lol but yeah I would think that the owp will continue to change as the teams you've already played records will change ether for the good or bad. Question would be with the owp counting 10% more then the wp if you say a SMC team plays a WHC team early in the season and your team loses do you hope that team will continue to win or lose? On one hand because for example in the end of the regular season and that's your only lose but your owp is higher and if you're oowp is equal to that team wouldn't your team still be ranked higher? Can remember so they look at head to head or just the RPI in the playoffs?
Think it’s just RPI after they seed conference champions. Head to head doesn’t factor I don’t believe

Well…
If your soybeans ain’t made yet that rain won’t help a whole lot. If you planted them behind wheat maybe but going to be tough to get them cut by Christmas…
Oh you were being sarcastic?
I’m sorry.
Occasionally the farmer comes out in me.
Carry on 👍
He forgot yous guys out in the country. I think ER probably be #3 at least at the end playing the 2@ schools

MaxPreps has Rville with the toughest 1a schedule but behind MA in seeding because of OWP.
Silly.
Rville SOS 0.0
MA SOS 23.1

MaxPreps has Rville with the toughest 1a schedule but behind MA in seeding because of OWP.
Silly.
Rville SOS 0.0
MA SOS 23.1
Well BK ER is 6th on Maxpreps in 1A with 12.8 and 4-1 record. Only team above them with tougher schedule is Rville?
Thomasville at 10 has 12.1. Only team with tougher schedule ranked higher, according to Maxpreps, is Rville. They are however 3-3.
Rankings are hard to figure out ain’t they?

Silly.
Rville SOS 0.0
MA SOS 23.1
And Simmons last week anyway, had Rville at 13 in SOS and 3rd in ranking and Mt Airy at 28 with them still #1. Eastern Randolph SOS in his system was 6th and they are ranked 6th?
Thomasville by the way ranked 4th in Simmons with a SOS of 3.

Reactions: wncbowhunter
Silly.
Rville SOS 0.0
MA SOS 23.1
I think you can look at it that way. But we both know they're pretty close in team strength. You guys had people dinged up last year. They did not well never mind they did didn't they haha. Man two offensive lineman out with bad knees. But none of them were contact related.

I think you can look at it that way. But we both know they're pretty close in team strength. You guys had people dinged up last year. They did not well never mind they did didn't they haha. Man two offensive lineman out with bad knees. But none of them were contact related.
Don’t think they played last season? 🤷‍♂️

Robbinsville has the talent and skill players to go undefeated in the SMC although it seems everyone is just handing them the SMC right now. I would like to flashback to Spring of 2021 (when they didn't have football in the fall because of Covid) when Robbinsville was coming winning state the year prior and riding an undefeated season again. Going into the Murphy game that season with both teams undefeated and surprising enough was the last game of the conference and determined the SMC championship, Murphy when into Big Oaks and lost 17-7. Robbinsville had ALOT of talent and arguably one of the best defenses they've ever had there. Last round of the playoffs, they met again at Big Oaks with Robbinsville a heavy favorite and practically no one giving them a chance. I remember about every play on that game to this day as I was watching it on FYN. Murphy came out and took them to the woodshed winning 24-14. Both games that Robbinsville had against Murphy that season, Murphy held them to their lowest point total.

My point is, its not over till its over. In the SMC, you can't count out anyone. Trust me when I say this, all these SMC teams and players look at these message boards and use it for bulletin board material and if any of them think their backs are against the wall, someone will come out and surprise people. I think we all should wait till the end of October before we start talking about who is going to meet who and who is going where in the playoffs.

Andrews has arguably the best offensive line in all of 1A and we all know in this conference, if you win at the line of scrimmage, 9 times out of 10, you come away with the win.

Swain it appears has the best defense in the conference.

Cherokee & Hayesville is just waiting for someone to overlook them and can steal a win from someone

Murphy has arguably the best offense behind Robbinsville and enough athlete's to compete with Robbinsville. If they can get their D to play consistently, I see a good game.

One week at a time fellas lol. Good luck to all SMC teams though.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jmappfan5
MHS is hurt by their Opponent Winning Percentage. Rosman, Hendersonville, Erwin and Chase have all struggled.

Robbinsville has the talent and skill players to go undefeated in the SMC although it seems everyone is just handing them the SMC right now. I would like to flashback to Spring of 2021 (when they didn't have football in the fall because of Covid) when Robbinsville was coming winning state the year prior and riding an undefeated season again. Going into the Murphy game that season with both teams undefeated and surprising enough was the last game of the conference and determined the SMC championship, Murphy when into Big Oaks and lost 17-7. Robbinsville had ALOT of talent and arguably one of the best defenses they've ever had there. Last round of the playoffs, they met again at Big Oaks with Robbinsville a heavy favorite and practically no one giving them a chance. I remember about every play on that game to this day as I was watching it on FYN. Murphy came out and took them to the woodshed winning 24-14. Both games that Robbinsville had against Murphy that season, Murphy held them to their lowest point total.

My point is, its not over till its over. In the SMC, you can't count out anyone. Trust me when I say this, all these SMC teams and players look at these message boards and use it for bulletin board material and if any of them think their backs are against the wall, someone will come out and surprise people. I think we all should wait till the end of October before we start talking about who is going to meet who and who is going where in the playoffs.

Andrews has arguably the best offensive line in all of 1A and we all know in this conference, if you win at the line of scrimmage, 9 times out of 10, you come away with the win.

Swain it appears has the best defense in the conference.

Cherokee & Hayesville is just waiting for someone to overlook them and can still a win from someone

Murphy has arguably the best offense behind Robbinsville and enough athlete's to compete with Robbinsville. If they can get their D to play consistently, I see a good game.

One week at a time fellas lol. Good luck to all SMC teams though.

I agree with most this but Robbinsville my have the best Defense in the smc.
Our linebacker and DB are good.

Swains defense? What makes you think they have some great defense? Their opponents have won a total of like 7 games lol
It's mostly the defensive line. They have a good line that gets off the snap quick and breakup what the OL is trying to do. Also, the DBs are not the best in coverage admittedly, but they run to ball quickly to put a hit on the receiver, which is fun to watch.

It's mostly the defensive line. They have a good line that gets off the snap quick and breakup what the OL is trying to do. Also, the DBs are not the best in coverage admittedly, but they run to ball quickly to put a hit on the receiver, which is fun to watch.
These SMC guys crack me up. Give a little credit to Robbinsville and Murphy, they played a few decent opponents. The rest either haven’t played anybody worth talking about or got beat by the only team they played with a pulse.

Reactions: sbbbfan
These SMC guys crack me up. Give a little credit to Robbinsville and Murphy, they played a few decent opponents. The rest either haven’t played anybody worth talking about or got beat by the only team they played with a pulse.
Robbinsville is very good all round. I like watching their offense. Adams is fast and I like watching him get around the edge and get down field. I don't know his name, but #5 is a dangerous wideout and the QB seems to have a good arm to get it to him. Their defense is just good. They did the best they could with Raburn, but the OL was just huge. If you have all day to pass the ball or clear lanes to run through not much you can do.

Murphy, I am not sure what to make out of them. I have watched two of their games. Franklin and Fannin County. They won the game again Franklin easily, but Franklin also looked like complete garbage that first game and I don't think it was mostly Murphy's doing (example, bad snap on the Franklin punt giving Murphya short field). Not to mention both Robbinsville and Swain also beat Franklin easily. The Fannin game didn't look great either. Neither team did much and Fannin hasn't exactly beaten anyone themselves. Stalcup and Clem are obviously good backs. A couple of passes in the Franklin game made the QB look like he had a weak arm. The OL have decent size but seem a little smaller and maybe weaker than Murphy's usual. They did seem to have good pressure defensively against Franklin, but again, Franklin has not been that good. And that game against Commerce (which I have not seen admitted) is a concern to how good Murphy is. I just don't know how good they are honestly. So I think in the SMC the favorite is Robbinsville with Swain and Murphy on the outside looking in to prove it wrong. My thoughts as a non-SMC guy.

Reactions: mbdfan and BK13T-$
I agree with most this but Robbinsville my have the best Defense in the smc.
Our linebacker and DB are good.
That's why I said "appears" lol. Swains non-conference schedule doesn't stack up to who Robbinsville and Murphy played so only time will tell about their defense. Watching the highlights of the Rabun Gap/Robbinsville game with Rabun being a pass heavy team, the knights held their own against superior competition.

Reactions: BK13T-$
That's why I said "appears" lol. Swains non-conference schedule doesn't stack up to who Robbinsville and Murphy played so only time will tell about their defense. Watching the highlights of the Rabun Gap/Robbinsville game with Rabun being a pass heavy team, the knights held their own against superior competition.
Robbinsville played 1 good team!!!!!!! Take away Raben Gap and teams Robb beat have 9-11 record.

Yeah some folks from rville said our pass D is bad.
I thought this may have been our best game yet. We got better the last few weeks.

Reactions: murphydawg4life
Robbinsville is very good all round. I like watching their offense. Adams is fast and I like watching him get around the edge and get down field. I don't know his name, but #5 is a dangerous wideout and the QB seems to have a good arm to get it to him. Their defense is just good. They did the best they could with Raburn, but the OL was just huge. If you have all day to pass the ball or clear lanes to run through not much you can do.

Murphy, I am not sure what to make out of them. I have watched two of their games. Franklin and Fannin County. They won the game again Franklin easily, but Franklin also looked like complete garbage that first game and I don't think it was mostly Murphy's doing (example, bad snap on the Franklin punt giving Murphya short field). Not to mention both Robbinsville and Swain also beat Franklin easily. The Fannin game didn't look great either. Neither team did much and Fannin hasn't exactly beaten anyone themselves. Stalcup and Clem are obviously good backs. A couple of passes in the Franklin game made the QB look like he had a weak arm. The OL have decent size but seem a little smaller and maybe weaker than Murphy's usual. They did seem to have good pressure defensively against Franklin, but again, Franklin has not been that good. And that game against Commerce (which I have not seen admitted) is a concern to how good Murphy is. I just don't know how good they are honestly. So I think in the SMC the favorite is Robbinsville with Swain and Murphy on the outside looking in to prove it wrong. My thoughts as a non-SMC guy.
Great points although in response to Murphy's line.. Murphy never really has a "big" line because of the offensive formation they run (Wing-T). There are a lot of pulling guards, running buck sweeps, and you have to be quick off your feet when running traps so they tend to average around 220lbs to 240lbs. There are rare occasions when murphy has once in a blue moon talent like Yousef who comes through the pipeline and are just automatic fill ins on the line. So to your point, I wouldn't ever put much say so in Murphy's line since historically they are typically smaller then your other normal line.

Also to note, Murphy's QB is only a sophmore and Franklin was his first game ever as a varsity player.

Historically, Murphy has always been slow starting the season and they get better as the season goes on. Murphy isn't over-looking Hayesville so this week and next week should tell you all you need on what type of team they will be.

Last edited:
Reactions: sbbbfan
Robbinsville played 1 good team!!!!!!! Take away Raben Gap and teams Robb beat have 9-11 record.
Buzz coach, if you aren't careful.. you may have another Mitchell come to Mayberry and spoil the party. No need to remind you what happen to Mt. Airy in 2021 when everyone thought Mt. Airy had everything in the bag.. I believe everyone knows what happen next. You guys have East Wilkes this week.. I would worry about them before adding bulletin board material to a SMC team. It may not end well!

Great points although in response to Murphy's line.. Murphy never really has a "big" line because of the offensive formation they run (Wing-T). There are a lot of pulling guards running buck sweeps and you have to be quick off your feet when running traps so they tend to average around 220lbs to 240lbs. There are rare occasions when murphy has once in a blue moon talent like Yousef who comes through the pipeline and are just automatic fill ins on the line. So to your point, I wouldn't ever put much say so in Murphy's line since historically they are typically smaller then your other normal line.

Also to note, Murphy's QB is only a sophmore and Franklin was his first game ever as a varsity player.

Historically, Murphy has always been slow starting the season and they get better as the season goes on. Murphy isn't over-looking Hayesville so this week and next week should tell you all you need on what type of team they will be.
Good points for me to take into consideration. Thanks.

Buzz coach, if you aren't careful.. you may have another Mitchell come to Mayberry and spoil the party. No need to remind you what happen to Mt. Airy in 2021 when everyone thought Mt. Airy had everything in the bag.. I believe everyone knows what happen next. You guys have East Wilkes this week.. I would worry about them before adding bulletin board material to a SMC team. It may not end well!
Anyone can be beat on any Friday!! Bears are just a machine right now.

Pretty sure they were a "Machine" then as well. Going into that Mitchel game in 2021, they were out-scoring their opponents by a combined 676-25. They lost to Mitchell 21-14. If that isn't the definition of a "Machine", I don't know what is. However, that Machine ran out of batteries so I would just becareful with what you say

And Rabun Gap would beat the bears as bad or worse than they beat Robbinsville. Penalties negated a lot of Robbinsvilles yards against RG as well.

Pretty sure they were a "Machine" then as well. Going into that Mitchel game in 2021, they were out-scoring their opponents by a combined 676-25. They lost to Mitchell 21-14. If that isn't the definition of a "Machine", I don't know what is. However, that Machine ran out of batteries so I would just becareful with what you say
No sir they didn't have discipline! Very talented but not the mental toughness they had last year or this year. I think Coach Adkins and his staff learned soo much from what happened in 2021 and haven't missed a beat and have these kids focused on the prize!

Dude, take a seat. Robbinsville, Murphy, Swain and Cherokee have all played teams better than anything Mt Airy has seen so far.
Robb played East Surry just like Bears. East scored on Robb at big oaks MA won on road 49-0 running clock at the half. Either way play the Dallas Cowboys if it makes you feel better. The time is coming!

And Rabun Gap would beat the bears as bad or worse than they beat Robbinsville. Penalties negated a lot of Robbinsvilles yards against RG as well.
You don't know that! MA has a lot more speed than what I seen on film for Rabin Gap on D and Offense and Special teams. MA has a D1 caliber kicker as well.

• Haha
Half Rabun Gap yds came in 4th Q.
With our backups in.
It was 7-0 2 minutes before halftime

Robb played East Surry just like Bears. East scored on Robb at big oaks MA won on road 49-0 running clock at the half. Either way play the Dallas Cowboys if it makes you feel better. The time is coming!
Who cares how many points you put up?
You don't know tha! MA has a lot more speed than what I seen on film for Rabin Gap on D and Offense and Special teams. MA has a D1 caliber kicker as well.
😂😂😂

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT