ADVERTISEMENT

The Mighty Red Raiders at Pisgah.

I just checked out the stadium and surrounding area on google maps. It looks like there will be plenty of parking for South Point fans, but where are the Pisgah folks gonna park?
The parking lots are open to everyone. First come first served. Lots of PISGAH fans will enter the stadium on the visitors side, and walk around to the home side

I'm sure Pisgah fans will find a place to park. Even if they have to use their square bodied lifted chevys with 44s to park on top of a few cars.😁
Looks like the rain will be gone by Friday afternoon.

9975 you don’t understand, by the time Belmont shows up there won’t be any spots left!

10 that’s more like the response I expected!

Reactions: sasha_nc
9975 you don’t understand, by the time Belmont shows up there won’t be any spots left!

10 that’s more like the response I expected!
Guess you’ve never been to our rivalry game. If your arrive just before kickoff, you will be parking 1/4 or 1/2 mile away. Otis441 knows, he came to the rivalry game this year and sat with me and Big Bear.

I’ve often wondered, what the other end of your huge half/half contests support. Is it the athletic department in general or a specific team, ie; baseball, girls softball ect.

Sorry if yall have already addressed this question.....but how does SP travel? Should we expect a decent crowd tomorrow night fellas?

In years past, South Points has shown up with more fans than the home team. Not always, not constantly but it has happened. This year I don’t know. Last week I was disappointed with the home game attendance.

Long time ago but in 1979 for the 3A state championship, I’d say SP fans outnumbered the home fans at least 2 / 1. Bleacher space for maybe 500 at least 2000 showed up

I’ve often wondered, what the other end of your huge half/half contests support. Is it the athletic department in general or a specific team, ie; baseball, girls softball ect.
The PISGAH Booster Club runs the PHS/THS 50/50. The funds go to the booster club, and they provide support to all of the teams outside of the school‘s normal athletic budget. The booster club also holds a drawdown event that is sold out every year. It nets more, every year, than the big 50/50 every other year.

We will be selling 50/50 tickets tomorrow night. I’ll post more details later.

In years past, South Points has shown up with more fans than the home team. Not always, not constantly but it has happened. This year I don’t know. Last week I was disappointed with the home game attendance.

Long time ago but in 1979 for the 3A state championship, I’d say SP fans outnumbered the home fans at least 2 / 1. Bleacher space for maybe 500 at least 2000 showed up
Yeah yeah, I remember SP winning that state 3A title in 79' courtesy of the Greyhounds in that western regional final. We lost 8-7 in the closing minutes to SP. Actually a Statesville poster posted that game on FB about a month ago. It still hurts to this day!! Aaaaargh!!🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺

Reactions: SPRaiders78
The parking behind the home side of CEW is normally for Tuscola parking pass holders. How did they handle last week's playoff game? Is it open to all or are they holding it for Pisgah? Travel for the South Point fans is going to be a gauntlet either way. Lately I40 seems to back up from Newfound (37) exit back to West Asheville (44). I26 seems to be a parking lot every afternoon.

It almost makes sense to time it to arrive about 30 min before kickoff and hope the commuter traffic around AVL has cleared. Just make sure you eat before the game. Virtually everything is closed at night now except the drive thru's at McDonald's and Taco Bell.

blazer236, Statesville got us 27-21 in 2012. If memory serves me it was the 3rd round. SP had a good team that year.

Reactions: beamer24
The parking behind the home side of CEW is normally for Tuscola parking pass holders. How did they handle last week's playoff game? Is it open to all or are they holding it for Pisgah? Travel for the South Point fans is going to be a gauntlet either way. Lately I40 seems to back up from Newfound (37) exit back to West Asheville (44). I26 seems to be a parking lot every afternoon.

It almost makes sense to time it to arrive about 30 min before kickoff and hope the commuter traffic around AVL has cleared. Just make sure you eat before the game. Virtually everything is closed at night now except the drive thru's at McDonald's and Taco Bell.
Holding for PISGAH fans

So Raider fans, what time are you leaving to head for Waynesville?
I'd imagine the fans traveling by moped have already departed Belmont. Ditto for the donkey and mule riders. The ones that are actually traveling by motorized vehicles will probably leave around lunch , allowing time for a Rutherford County likker tastin' at Larry's Likker Tastin' Joint.

There will be a 50/50 at the game tomorrow.

$1 = 1 ticket
$5 = 6
$10 = 15
$20 or more = double tickets

Should be a good amount for the winning fan!

Last edited:
Reactions: Maiden Creek
I'd imagine the fans traveling by moped have already departed Belmont. Ditto for the donkey and mule riders. The ones that are actually traveling by motorized vehicles will probably leave around lunch , allowing time for a Rutherford County likker tastin' at Larry's Likker Tastin' Joint.
I figured they were all ridin' sheep in one form or another.

Parking and Restaurants, really??!!!

Smh! Do you Bears get a snowcone with your participation trophy?

• Haha
Reactions: 91ths
Parking and Restaurants, really??!!!

Smh! Do you Bears get a snowcone with your participation trophy?
If you were playing Tuscola, they would ask you to pay to park behind the visitor stands. We’ll let you park there for free, as long as you cleanup your mule/donkey/sheep sh$t when you leave.😜

Reactions: seadog28
In 20 hours, the Mighty Red Raiders are rolling into town. They aren’t coming to play nice, nice!

Reactions: 91ths
If you were playing Tuscola, they would ask you to pay to park behind the visitor stands. We’ll let you park there for free, as long as you cleanup your mule/donkey/sheep sh$t when you leave.😜

9975, how fast does a parking lot clear and restaurants close after a loss up there?

Reactions: SPRaiders78
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT