ADVERTISEMENT

Tell your deer.hunting stories here

Enjoyed an evening with my baby girl a couple nights ago…which is a rarity these days….watching the women’s 15 km biathlon. Talk about a tough sport. Cross country skiing over 9 miles with 4 stops along the way to shoot 5 targets at 60 yards with a rifle. Each time they’d miss another minute was added to their time. My daughter was pulling for USA’s...Deedra Irwin…who actually finished 7th…the highest ever for an American woman in that sport. My daughter would hold her breath…each time that Irwin would shoot!😂
The standing targets are 4.5” round…the prone targets are less than 2” round! Ugh!
Can you imagine?…running a race for 9 miles…then settling yourself along the way to hit 20 targets with a rifle. Tough sport!

Last edited:
Went trout fishing with this dude once….Waaaay back…..said we’d ride in a canoe. I knew him from work … but I didn’t know him…he was a K-5 nut…had 4 of ‘em on the back forty…covered in kudzoo and the like. Used ‘em for parts…for the one he actually drove.😂 I remember saying once while riding with the top off….dis a cold ass ride…while occasionally wiping flakes of rust outta my eyes that was blowing up from the floorboard!😂😂😂
Had a pony tail down to his ass…but I discovered he was quite the fisherman. He wore me out with a box of night crawlers…which was usually all he used. Threw it with a spin cast…and a pinched off worm on a red hook and no weight…used a couple red beads for weight only. You never knew what he was going to catch….catfish, bass, crappie, bream, white bass, trout!…you name it!

The canoe story is a classic… but I’m wore out and going to bed.

Hope y’all getting after them trout….wishing I had a mess. There ain’t no better eating!😉

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
Went trout fishing with this dude once….Waaaay back…..said we’d ride in a canoe. I knew him from work … but I didn’t know him…he was a K-5 nut…had 4 of ‘em on the back forty…covered in kudzoo and the like. Used ‘em for parts…for the one he actually drove.😂 I remember saying once while riding with the top off….dis a cold ass ride…while occasionally wiping flakes of rust outta my eyes that was blowing up from the floorboard!😂😂😂
Had a pony tail down to his ass…but I discovered he was quite the fisherman. He wore me out with a box of night crawlers…which was usually all he used. Threw it with a spin cast…and a pinched off worm on a red hook and no weight…used a couple red beads for weight only. You never knew what he was going to catch….catfish, bass, crappie, bream, white bass, trout!…you name it!

The canoe story is a classic… but I’m wore out and going to bed.

Hope y’all getting after them trout….wishing I had a mess. There ain’t no better eating!😉
Trout fishing is my specialty. Nothing like it. Caught some about couple weeks ago. My favorite fish to eat.

An oldie but a goody. Last year I pulled trigger again. Once. Didn’t have any trouble tracking/finding this feller. (Thank goodness)
8 point around 16 3/4 spread. Deer came in at 4:15 at about 30-35 yards. My freezer doesn’t need as much as it used to when all the children were at home. Brother in law was tickled pink though 👍

Last edited:
It was a little over 41years ago. This sweet doe came by me and that was it! No I have never harvest a doe on my life. But this sweetie stoked my heart and said yes when I was on bended knee. Thank be to the King, God almighty for send her to me. It's the best Dear story I have!

It was a little over 41years ago. This sweet doe came by me and that was it! No I have never harvest a doe on my life. But this sweetie stoked my heart and said yes when I was on bended knee. Thank be to the King, God almighty for send her to me. It's the best Dear story I have!
Uh..:
Glad it worked out and that’s very sweet and sentimental…
Now STOP THAT!!!

😂😂

Got several wild muscadine vines around my house. For the last couple of weeks does and fawns been very brave at all times of day. Wife sent me a video yesterday of big doe standing at end of deck that was just looking at her while she yelled at it. Finally eased off when she made her weak attempt at a deer blowing sound 😂
This thread needed bumping. Almost on second page/no man’s land 👍

I am at hunting cabin this week making some repairs. 50 degrees this morning. Might get in some practice with crossbow. Do have some bear on camera. Maybe they show up for entertainment.

Reactions: thekidd12
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT