ADVERTISEMENT

Tarboro vs TTATC(Southwest Edgecombe)

Tarboro or Southwest

• Total voters
We'll self destruct. Our backs are putting the ball on the ground, and we commit too many penalties. Defensively, we look Alot better than last year, not giving up big plays and making teams drive the ball down the field. I think we put up decent fight, but come up short again.

Some people around the county think Southwest is going to beat Tarboro this year. I’m not convinced yet, but we will see next week.
We looked bad tonight, came out flat and couldn't get into a flow on O. Our defense won the game against EW. Even though I pick y'all to win, I'm still gonna brag if we win😅

Not fair that the week leading up to the game, we got a punching bag while y'all got a sleeping bag lol. We might not have enough players to field a team, because we seemed to have so many injuries tonight. Nothing major, but a sore ankle or hurt back is a big deal going into a huge game. I was surprised by the amount of turnovers we had tonight. We've been careful with the ball up until tonight. We give Tarboro the ball, it'll be over for us. Play clean, I think we have a shot in a low scoring game.

Last edited:
If it turns into a shootout idk if swe can keep up with Tarboro. I agree the best shot swe has is turning it into a defensive low scoring game

If it turns into a shootout idk if swe can keep up with Tarboro. I agree the best shot swe has is turning it into a defensive low scoring game
I can't see it turning into a low scoring contest. Tarboro's backfield is too deadly and with the added passing threat its too much to throttle back. It will be a feeling out period but someone will turn the wick up. But we all know how weird this contest can be. Strange things happen. lol

I can't see it turning into a low scoring contest. Tarboro's backfield is too deadly and with the added passing threat it’s too much to throttle back. It will be a feeling out period but someone will turn the wick up. But we all know how weird this contest can be. Strange things happen. lol
The scary thing is that with as many playmakers Tarboro has on offense - I think Tarboros strength is on defense.

The scary thing is that with as many playmakers Tarboro has on offense - I think Tarboros strength is on defense.
Idk about that. I mean, three shutouts to start the season?? Ehh. Could be better lol.
Seriously, somebody has to eventually score. If we play at least average, we should be able to see if the lights still work on the visitor's side of the scoreboard. If we play like we did vs E. Wayne, then 4 straight shutouts it is. One thing is for sure though... Tarboro won't be scoring 75 points. Our defense has improved well. Will it be well enough? I don't know. But I do know that there will be pads cracking for both teams.

Reactions: TarVikes
Idk about that. I mean, three shutouts to start the season?? Ehh. Could be better lol.
Seriously, somebody has to eventually score. If we play at least average, we should be able to see if the lights still work on the visitor's side of the scoreboard. If we play like we did vs E. Wayne, then 4 straight shutouts it is. One thing is for sure though... Tarboro won't be scoring 75 points. Our defense has improved well. Will it be well enough? I don't know. But I do know that there will be pads cracking for both teams.
I wonder if our staff has sense enough to play defense like Mt. Airy did. Something tells me no..

U ask questions u know the answer too. Why waste your time? Scheme wise....geez
My point was the scheme they ran against Tarboro was no different than what a lot of teams run against Tarboro. The difference was they had the dudes on the field who could make the plays.

Talked to a few guys from Tarboro. They’re telling me how locked in they are for this game. They’ve been hearing all the talking coming from the other side & they’re ready for war! IMO I think they overlooked SWE last year thing it was sweet & SWE surprised them. I don’t think that will be the case this year. I’ll have my score prediction later this week!

Talked to a few guys from Tarboro. They’re telling me how locked in they are for this game. They’ve been hearing all the talking coming from the other side & they’re ready for war! IMO I think they overlooked SWE last year thing it was sweet & SWE surprised them. I don’t think that will be the case this year. I’ll have my score prediction later this week!
They definitely punched us in the mouth the first half last year, but we dominated them the second half, and it could’ve been worst.
I do not think we will be overlooking them this year

They definitely punched us in the mouth the first half last year, but we dominated them the second half, and it could’ve been worst.
Not at all. Trust me when I say knowing Craddock the way I do, he’ll have them guys prepared & ready to ball for sure!

Two of my favorite teams that I enjoy watching football at; I can't make a pick will be a great this week.

I hate that I can be at this one this week, post the scores update in the chat thread for me.

Reactions: THSRudeBoyz
I haven't heard "all the talk" from this side, other than a team and fan base that feel confident. I sure hope Tarboro isn't feeling some type of way just because a team isn't coming in their game accepting defeat before the ball is kicked off. I dare say that many of Tarboro's victories have come during the week, when the opponents don't even believe that they can beat them. I don't know what's being said behind closed doors, but I do know that in public, the players and the fans only believe that this is the best chance we've had in a while to be the kings of the county. I don't think that equates to bulletin board material.

Last edited:
Reactions: THSRudeBoyz
I haven't heard "all the talk" from this side, other than a team and fan base that feel confident. I sure hope Tarboro isn't feeling some type of way just because a team isn't coming in their game accepting defeat before the ball is kicked off. I dare say that many of Tarboro's victories have come during the week, when the opponents don't even believe that they can beat them. I don't know what's being said behind closed doors, but I do know that in public, the players and the fans only believe that this is the best chance we've had in a while to be the kings of the county. I don't think that equates to bulletin board material.
I think it’s going to be a great game. It’s always more fun when the two prideful fan bases get involved with a little harmless banter

Reactions: fitguync30
I think it’s going to be a great game. It’s always more fun when the two prideful fan bases get involved with a little harmless banter
There's respect and rooting for the other team on both sides, except for a few hours once a year.

It’s definitely been a whole bunch of barking coming from SWE. Especially before the Eastern Wayne game. Coaches saying that they’re definitely gonna beat Tarboro this year. Even one coach going as far as saying they’re going to blow them out. QB saying he’s going to throw for 300+ on Tarboro. Alls I’m saying is DONT POKE THE BEAR! 🤷🏾‍♂️. I expect a great game for sure though

It’s definitely been a whole bunch of barking coming from SWE. Especially before the Eastern Wayne game. Coaches saying that they’re definitely gonna beat Tarboro this year. Even one coach going as far as saying they’re going to blow them out. QB saying he’s going to throw for 300+ on Tarboro. Alls I’m saying is DONT POKE THE BEAR! 🤷🏾‍♂️. I expect a great game for sure though
Oh nah, I don't believe that at all lol. Especially our QB saying that he's gonna throw for 300, knowing full well we will only throw it 6 or 7 times. We're still a run first team. Also hard for me to believe any of our coaches saying that we will blow Tarboro out. They know better. I interact with a few of them, and all I hear is how focused we need to be. But hey, nothing wrong with being confident and talking a lil smack. Heck, we did that during the Tarboro week when we were going 0-11 lol.

Oh nah, I don't believe that at all lol. Especially our QB saying that he's gonna throw for 300, knowing full well we will only throw it 6 or 7 times. We're still a run first team. Also hard for me to believe any of our coaches saying that we will blow Tarboro out. They know better. I interact with a few of them, and all I hear is how focused we need to be. But hey, nothing wrong with being confident and talking a lil smack. Heck, we did that during the Tarboro week when we were going 0-11 lol.
Talking smack is apart of this battle lol. Unfortunately I’m 1-3 against SWE 🥺. But my senior night we made up for it 🤣🤣

My senior year in 2017 had one of the best atmospheres I've ever experienced at any high school game. Rivalry been tame from a theatric standpoint since then.

My senior year in 2017 had one of the best atmospheres I've ever experienced at any high school game. Rivalry been tame from a theatric standpoint since then.
You might’ve been too young to remember these games but the 2008 and 2009 games at Southwest in back to back years were some of the best environments I’ve seen. Both teams were state championship caliber teams.

We won’t talk about who won those games but I still remember the hit THSRudeboyz laid on the returner on the opening kickoff in 2009.

You might’ve been too young to remember these games but the 2008 and 2009 games at Southwest in back to back years were some of the best environments I’ve seen. Both teams were state championship caliber teams.

We won’t talk about who won those games but I still remember the hit THSRudeboyz laid on the returner on the opening kickoff in 2009.
Yessir!! I was a head hunter🤣🤣

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT