ADVERTISEMENT

N. Edgecombe (1A) vs SW Edgecombe

Both swe and Tarboro should drop north edgecombe from the schedule.
Agree 100%. SWE and Tarboro playing NE benefits no one. Does the county school board require SWE and Tarboro to play NE? If not, this game needs to be dropped by both schools ASAP. I can't imagine this is a good game in terms of the gate. Why would anyone want to go to a boring blow out with a running clock? A game like this does not help SWE or Tarboro prepare for tougher games down the road. And it does nothing for the confidence of the NE players when they are losing 50+ to nothing. Of course, I also place some blame on NE for allowing their program to fall this low. They were a power under Coach Cobb and I don't get how they can fall as much as they have from their glory years. I know they do OK in their own conference. But they get destroyed when they face tougher teams.

Agree 100%. SWE and Tarboro playing NE benefits no one. Does the county school board require SWE and Tarboro to play NE? If not, this game needs to be dropped by both schools ASAP. I can't imagine this is a good game in terms of the gate. Why would anyone want to go to a boring blow out with a running clock? A game like this does not help SWE or Tarboro prepare for tougher games down the road. And it does nothing for the confidence of the NE players when they are losing 50+ to nothing. Of course, I also place some blame on NE for allowing their program to fall this low. They were a power under Coach Cobb and I don't get how they can fall as much as they have from their glory years. I know they do OK in their own conference. But they get destroyed when they face tougher teams.
Edgecombe County loves supporting Edgecombe County. Those games do nothing for the gate at this time, but I do think they benefit the teams themselves. Clearly, Tarboro and SWE use the game as a live practice, seeing what works and getting reps. As far as NE goes, playing much better competition early helps them out in the long run too. And let's not forget, when NE was beating both SWE and Tarboro regularly, no one was saying that NE should drop those teams. Yeah, gates suffer right now, and I would enjoy seeing a different team in their place, but I think the games benefit all three teams.

I like what NE was trying to do offensively, but at this point, they need alot more reps. Hopefully with the influx of kids from the demerger they can get back on track. They were really bad enough Friday you couldn't tell if SW was better or worse than last season. I left not really having a feel of how good this Cougar squad could be. Next Friday the cat's coming out the bag. (pun intended)

Reactions: JKTigers0713champs
Edgecombe County loves supporting Edgecombe County. Those games do nothing for the gate at this time, but I do think they benefit the teams themselves. Clearly, Tarboro and SWE use the game as a live practice, seeing what works and getting reps. As far as NE goes, playing much better competition early helps them out in the long run too. And let's not forget, when NE was beating both SWE and Tarboro regularly, no one was saying that NE should drop those teams. Yeah, gates suffer right now, and I would enjoy seeing a different team in their place, but I think the games benefit all three teams.
True, back in the day, NE, would pack the stands.

I agree. We played 1A Pamlico and it took us a good qtr before we really played good at all. I have no problem playing a smaller or even what some would consider inferior maybe to work the kinks out. We had some kids out and hope to have back this coming Friday for East Duplin. We also lost a couple that transferred and a couple that just quit school. It hurts. We are not a program that can afford to lose kids. Good luck on your season! I think you will/should be favored in conference again. Look forward to our game!

I agree. We played 1A Pamlico and it took us a good qtr before we really played good at all. I have no problem playing a smaller or even what some would consider inferior maybe to work the kinks out. We had some kids out and hope to have back this coming Friday for East Duplin. We also lost a couple that transferred and a couple that just quit school. It hurts. We are not a program that can afford to lose kids. Good luck on your season! I think you will/should be favored in conference again. Look forward to our game!
If the SW, WC game is as good as last year's, it will definitely be worth a ride to Vanceboro.

If the SW, WC game is as good as last year's, it will definitely be worth a ride to Vanceboro.
I hope we can live up to our side of it this year. We have to win our games to make that game count for something.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT