ADVERTISEMENT

SW Edgecombe 3-0 @ Tarboro (1A) 3-0

Ran into the coaches from Tarboro conference opponent Martin County, and the consensus was the same: If the swe receivers learn how to catch, then this game is different. They really let us down today. I have to disagree with TarVikes. This should have been a one possession game. I'm spite of all the big runs given up, our defense allowed one meaningful td drive, and that was on Tarboros first possession. From there it was a short field td, and a garbage time td with 1 minute left and the game all but over. Add the pick 6, and that was the score. I'll take that play on defense the rest of the season. There's no offense on the schedule the rest of the year that is as formidable as Tarboro. And I think we were able to break the Tarboro defense...a little bit. Lord knows its been world class so far. But it was a great game nonetheless. Both schools will represent the county well and will go deep in the playoffs.

Last edited:
Ran into the coaches from Tarboro conference opponent a Martin County, and the consensus was the same: If the swe receivers learn how to catch, then this game is different. They really let us down today. I have to disagree with TarVikes. This should have been a one possession game. I'm spite of all the big runs given up, our defense allowed one meaningful td drive, and that was on Tarboros first possession. From there it was a short field td, and a garbage time td with 1 minute left and the game all but over. Add the pick 6, and that was the score. I'll take that play on defense the rest of the season. There's no offense on the schedule the rest of the year that is as formidable as Tarboro. And I think we were able to break the Tarboro defense...a little bit. Lord knows it’s been world class so far. But it was a great game nonetheless. Both schools will represent the country well and will go deep in the playoffs.
Tarboro had two or three drives stalled inside the 20 because of penalties and then the drive to start the 2nd half they fumbled when they were moving down the field. I agree Yall dropped a lot of passes - but everything I said is just apart of the game. As for Martin county, they will get theirs in a month or so.

Ran into the coaches from Tarboro conference opponent a Martin County, and the consensus was the same: If the swe receivers learn how to catch, then this game is different. They really let us down today. I have to disagree with TarVikes. This should have been a one possession game. I'm spite of all the big runs given up, our defense allowed one meaningful td drive, and that was on Tarboros first possession. From there it was a short field td, and a garbage time td with 1 minute left and the game all but over. Add the pick 6, and that was the score. I'll take that play on defense the rest of the season. There's no offense on the schedule the rest of the year that is as formidable as Tarboro. And I think we were able to break the Tarboro defense...a little bit. Lord knows its been world class so far. But it was a great game nonetheless. Both schools will represent the country well and will go deep in the playoffs.
Hopefully we can meet in Vanceboro undefeated in conference play and have a great game. I'm not sure how we are honestly. I thought we should have been much better against Pamlico but we did get the win. Then we beat East Duplin and I was all excited but East Duplin turns around and loses to Richlands so there's that. We just had 2 brutal games against New Bern and Havelock and I didn't expect to win either. Havelock is really good too! So I'm ready for conference play!! That is the only way now to know what you got! Good Luck SWE98 see ya 11/1

Reactions: curtiscummings1
Our outside linebackers weren't fast enough to keep Tarboro off the edge. We should have just let them have a gap and played the off tackle and sweep plays..Otherwise our d played pretty good.. AND WE SHOULD HAVE PUNTED THE BALL BEFORE HALF....

Hopefully we can meet in Vanceboro undefeated in conference play and have a great game. I'm not sure how we are honestly. I thought we should have been much better against Pamlico but we did get the win. Then we beat East Duplin and I was all excited but East Duplin turns around and loses to Richlands so there's that. We just had 2 brutal games against New Bern and Havelock and I didn't expect to win either. Havelock is really good too! So I'm ready for conference play!! That is the only way now to know what you got! Good Luck SWE98 see ya 11/1
Nobody should hold the Havelock and NB games against y'all. Who around here is winning those back to back?

Reactions: JKTigers0713champs
Injuries suck...Our #2 receiver and tailback was lost in the Eastern Wayne game with a torn maniscus
Yes they do. ED lost their Qb and 2 good Rb's against us in our game. It also had a large effect on them when they had to play Richlands without them. They looked a lot better this week against Croatan winning 40-17. Totally different team now.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT