ADVERTISEMENT

Tarboro vs TTATC(Southwest Edgecombe)

Tarboro or Southwest

• Total voters
Cobb lost his first year, but then won five straight seasons. Those were some miserable years for me, especially since several of those years my roommate was a cougar.

It’s really crazy it’s been so lopsided considering Southwest has 2 middle school feeder programs and Tarboro only has 1.

It’s really crazy it’s been so lopsided considering Southwest has 2 middle school feeder programs and Tarboro only has 1.
Yeah but 0 + 0 still equals 0. South Edgecombe and West Edgecombe have traditionally been bad. They've had good seasons recently, but for the most part their only win would be against each other. It befuddles me how our girls bball team has been successful since the basketball at the middle schools has a bad tradition too.

Tarboro will have to play perfect to win against Havelock.
This was a good game to have before a bye going into the Havelock game...cause the horned goats gonna sling it, and y'all's secondary gotta good work out today. In all reality, dropped balls against us made them look better than they are..Our young QB missed, and by that I mean, didn't see, wide open receivers across the middle several times. Perhaps the pick 6 was in his head..

This was a good game to have before a bye going into the Havelock game...cause the horned goats gonna sling it, and y'all's secondary gotta good work out today. In all reality, dropped balls against us made them look better than they are..Our young QB missed, and by that I mean, didn't see, wide open receivers across the middle several times. Perhaps the pick 6 was in his head..
We play three more spread teams this season including Havelock. Havelock is gonna be a challenge for sure. They got I think 6 D1 athletes including a D1 receiver. Props to Tarboro for scheduling such a good team. The QB y'all have will be special he's only a sophomore.

We play three more spread teams this season including Havelock. Havelock is gonna be a challenge for sure. They got I think 6 D1 athletes including a D1 receiver. Props to Tarboro for scheduling such a good team. The QB y'all have will be special he's only a sophomore.
SW is still in the baby steps stage of running a modern offense. Our problem is speed and questionable personale packages, like #44 being split wide or flanker..He can catch, but he's slow. He almost made a good catch today across the middle on a ball that was thrown behind him. And I just don't know why Varnell won't spread his o line out wider. Open passing lanes, and spread the d line out and make the linebackers play in space and open up draws and a shovel pass play. I was glad to see we were in 5-3 today, except the opening possession, I think. For y'all to beat the horned goats, the Vikes gonna have to stay ahead of the chains and keep their offense off the field. Good luck neighbors, kick their ass. TTAC is pulling for ya..

The Rams have a stout football team. Averaging over 50 points a game and giving up around 10. They have a wideout that is really good. I saw him play and he is very difficult to tackle. He runs like Lamar Jackson, juking , stopping and starting and very fast. I think their receiving core is going to be a nightmare for us.

The Rams have a stout football team. Averaging over 50 points a game and giving up around 10. They have a wideout that is really good. I saw him play and he is very difficult to tackle. He runs like Lamar Jackson, juking , stopping and starting and very fast. I think their receiving core is going to be a nightmare for us.
Even if Tarboro loses I highly doubt anybody in the 1a ranks has a receiving core as Deadly as Havelock. I think one of the Havelock receivers is committed to a SEC school. He may be who you are referring to

Last edited:
Reactions: curtiscummings1
Yall remember back in 2019 when East Surry played Reidsville & literally no one gave them hope of beating them? I think this will be history repeating itself!

Reactions: curtiscummings1
Yall remember back in 2019 when East Surry played Reidsville & literally no one gave them hope of beating them? I think this will be history repeating itself!
I'm all in on that and i remember watching that 2019 ES team beat the brakes off of us. They probably would have beaten most teams in NC except for the very elite 4A and 3A teams. I don't think we have the fire power to get into a shoot out with the Rams. Our best chance is to play lights out defense and keep them from quick big play scores. Slow the game down and have time consuming drives. I believe in the team and coaching staff and we will be ready. All i'm saying is so far they have manhandled their oppenents.

I'm all in on that and i remember watching that 2019 ES team beat the brakes off of us. They probably would have beaten most teams in NC except for the very elite 4A and 3A teams. I don't think we have the fire power to get into a shoot out with the Rams. Our best chance is to play lights out defense and keep them from quick big play scores. Slow the game down and have time consuming drives. I believe in the team and coaching staff and we will be ready. All i'm saying is so far they have manhandled their oppenents.
That ES team was very good.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT