ADVERTISEMENT

Tarboro vs TTATC(Southwest Edgecombe)

12-7 SWE leads at halftime.
I really don't know what to say. Interested in seeing how Craddock adjusts coming out. I'm not so sure that's a strong suit of his. How can it be? He rarely has to do it. And it seems like when he does have to, it doesn't end well for them. Hope that's the case tonight. Either way, I'm already satisfied with this game, win or lose.

I really don't know what to say. Interested in seeing how Craddock adjusts coming out. I'm not so sure that's a strong suit of his. How can it be? He rarely has to do it. And it seems like when he does have to, it doesn't end well for them. Hope that's the case tonight. Either way, I'm already satisfied with this game, win or lose.
Heck of an adjustment lol.

SWE has some decent talent, we just don't have the coaching. Players not on the field on specials teams, offense, and defense. Having to waste timeouts on a damn conversion play. Going for a 4th and 16 on our own 20, only down 8 with 7 minutes to go...BUT. The big obvious difference is the weight room. We looked tired and weak and the Vikings started pushing us off the ball. At least the women's basketball team gotta big donation.

I thought Tarboro played a pretty bad first half. But in the second half Tarboro played about as close to perfect as you can play. I'll give swe credit they got a good line though.

I thought Tarboro played a pretty bad first half. But in the second half Tarboro played about as close to perfect as you can play. I'll give swe credit they got a good line though.
I thought Tarboro came out flat. I suspect some butts got chewed at half time.

I thought Tarboro came out flat. I suspect some butts got chewed at half time.
I imagine cradock was very animated at halftime lol. Swe was winning the battle upfront at half. Tarboro still has a lot to work on. If they play a bad first half like they did tonight again they may not have a recipe for a comeback.

Reactions: daagoob
True. The only hiccup was the fake punt SW ran. I called that as soon as the punt team ran out. I figured Tarboro would be expecting that considering it was 4th and 6 or something, and the ball around midfield.

Southwests line dominated the first half. I’ll admit I was a little nervous. The 2nd half was how I expected the whole game to go.

The whole stadium new what was coming
And our normal state of confusion running players on late led to the half back pass score. When I saw the guy running on late then jumping under center to take the snap, I figured a trick play was coming. I can't really blame Tarboro's defense on that because if I was playing in their secondary I'd be back their laughing at the shit show on display. Y'all really should have beaten us alot worse, especially considering the fumble late in the game in the end zone

And our normal state of confusion running players on late led to the half back pass score. When I saw the guy running on late then jumping under center to take the snap, I figured a trick play was coming. I can't really blame Tarboro's defense on that because if I was playing in their secondary I'd be back their laughing at the shit show on display. Y'all really should have beaten us alot worse, especially considering the fumble late in the game in the end zone
If y’all can get the right coach in there with the talent y’all have coming up you will win a lot of games.

If y’all can get the right coach in there with the talent y’all have coming up you will win a lot of games.
They're not gonna spend the money to hire one. I talked with a member of the board of education tonight and he/she said they weren't sure if Varnell was gonna get fired or not. And as long as a certain ladies basketball coach is there, it ain't gonna happen.

They're not gonna spend the money to hire one. I talked with a member of the board of education tonight and he/she said they weren't sure if Varnell was gonna get fired or not. And as long as a certain ladies basketball coach is there, it ain't gonna happen.
Y'all definitely have the talent coming up to be very special. Long as you get the right coaching.

Good game. First half, you guys came out and were inspired, and clearly wanted it more than we did. Grateful that we made some changes, and played really well in the second half. Truthfully, I expected the whole game to go how the second half went, but you guys had other plans. Our guys saw that y'all weren't going to lay down for us and certainly pushed us. Again, glad we were able to come out in the second half and look how we've looked all year.

Tarboro won't have another game until September 29th against Bertie who looks to be on the rise. Won't be able to make it to that game unfortunately as I'll be heading out of state to Alabama that weekend.

I think the first half last night stemmed from Tarboro reading all week about how they were gonna blow Southwest out - and on the other side the Southwest players reading how they were gonna get blown out.

Tarboro came out flat, and Southwest came out inspired. I was happy to see how Tarboro responded in the 2nd half and took care of business. It was also nice to see the crowds getting into it. It felt like an old school Tarboro-SWE game.

Swe may have a outside chance to win their conference this year. Farmville central next week won't be an easy game though for sure.

It sucks that Tarboro want play another game until Sept 29th vs Bertie. Will that be Tarboro Homecoming?

It sucks that Tarboro want play another game until Sept 29th vs Bertie. Will that be Tarboro Homecoming?
It'll probably be either that game or the game against perquimans. Hate tarboro will be off this long , but with Riverside and south Creek merging together so close to the season it made it pretty much impossible for Tarboro to find a team. Hopefully next year they will find an opponent

Reactions: Doppleganger#
Please explain, as an enrolled EBCI member I don’t really appreciate it.
Good grief. Are you really offended because I brought up something that actually exists? Ok....one team has long accused SW Edgecombe of manually wetting the field when they came to play us. It's been a running joke. Powerful Tarboro High School visited us friday night. So when it rained during the day friday, I was poking fun at the joke, saying we must have prayed to the gods to wet the field for us by doing an Indian rain dance. It wasn't derogatory, wasn't a jab at your culture, nor was it speaking misinformation of your culture. I was simply implying that we must have prayed for rain in the same manner that Native Americans once did. If that offended you, then you just WANT to be offended. I don't know when this easily offended culture began, but good Lord, is it ever ruining the world. I'm sorry if you didn't appreciate my post. I don't appreciate the fact that you don't appreciate it. So what do we do now?

Reactions: footballstar_17
Good grief. Are you really offended because I brought up something that actually exists? Ok....one team has long accused SW Edgecombe of manually wetting the field when they came to play us. It's been a running joke. Powerful Tarboro High School visited us friday night. So when it rained during the day friday, I was poking fun at the joke, saying we must have prayed to the gods to wet the field for us by doing an Indian rain dance. It wasn't derogatory, wasn't a jab at your culture, nor was it speaking misinformation of your culture. I was simply implying that we must have prayed for rain in the same manner that Native Americans once did. If that offended you, then you just WANT to be offended. I don't know when this easily offended culture began, but good Lord, is it ever ruining the world. I'm sorry if you didn't appreciate my post. I don't appreciate the fact that you don't appreciate it. So what do we do now?
Meet up and have a duel.

• Haha
Reactions: SWE'98
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT