ADVERTISEMENT

Tarboro vs TTATC(Southwest Edgecombe)

THSRudeBoyz

Jun 12, 2019
I think this will be a good game! But per usual…Tarboro by 21 or better lol🤣🤷🏾‍♂️

Reactions: sbbbfan
Anytime Tarboro plays at swe it's never an easy game. That being said I think Tarboro wins by 4 scores maybe better. That being said, the JV game between Tarboro and SWE might be pretty good.

Reactions: THSRudeBoyz
Anytime Tarboro plays at swe it's never an easy game. That being said I think Tarboro wins by 4 scores maybe better. That being said, the JV game between Tarboro and SWE might be pretty good.
Yea I’ll be there. I have family on both sides & my lil cousins has been going at it already lol. Our family cookout will be a funny one tomorrow 🤣

Yea I’ll be there. I have family on both sides & my lil cousins has been going at it already lol. Our family cookout will be a funny one tomorrow 🤣
With the amount of sophomores we already have playing up, it could be a good game, but even if it is, or they actually get the win, I don’t think that translates to their varsity getting us in a few years

With the amount of sophomores we already have playing up, it could be a good game, but even if it is, or they actually get the win, I don’t think that translates to their varsity getting us in a few years
That's how I feel as well. I remember in 2015 their JV team beat us pretty good that year. That same group never lost a varsity game to swe.

Good luck to both teams in this one. Hope it is a closer one than the N. Edgecombe game. Not sure how Viking fans feel. Do you all like the blowouts or do they get old? As a fan, I likely would not show up for games like the N. Edgecombe contest where it is over by the end of the 1st quarter and there is probably a running clock. Many of the Viking conference games are like this.

Good luck to both teams in this one. Hope it is a closer one than the N. Edgecombe game. Not sure how Viking fans feel. Do you all like the blowouts or do they get old? As a fan, I likely would not show up for games like the N. Edgecombe contest where it is over by the end of the 1st quarter and there is probably a running clock. Many of the Viking conference games are like this.
I said on here before I'd love to drop North edgecombe from the schedule in exchange for a Clinton or JH Rose. Blowouts do get old now depending on the circumstances they can be enjoyable 😉. And to be honest looking at the other teams in our conference so far this year I actually think our conference will be pretty competitive. Perquimans is likely to be undefeated when they play us, Bertie is on the rise, Gates county has a solid team, and Washington county in Plymouth looks good so far as well. I believe Tarboro will win these games, but I don't think our conference is as weak overall this year compared to previous years.

Reactions: fitguync30
I said on here before I'd love to drop North edgecombe from the schedule in exchange for a Clinton or JH Rose. Blowouts do get old now depending on the circumstances they can be enjoyable 😉. And to be honest looking at the other teams in our conference so far this year I actually think our conference will be pretty competitive. Perquimans is likely to be undefeated when they play us, Bertie is on the rise, Gates county has a solid team, and Washington county in Plymouth looks good so far as well. I believe Tarboro will win these games, but I don't think our conference is as weak overall this year compared to previous years.
It would probably be best for all involved if the Tarboro and N. Edgecombe game is discontinued. But the powers that be likely encourage these in county match ups and want to see them. Normally, that is not a bad thing if the games are generally competitive and the home school makes money off the gate. But given these massive blowouts, I am not sure either team benefits from this. And what is the attendance like if the game is at N. Edgecombe? I would think few of their fans show up and and I doubt many Viking fans appear. Even though Leggett is not much of a drive for them.

It would probably be best for all involved if the Tarboro and N. Edgecombe game is discontinued. But the powers that be likely encourage these in county match ups and want to see them. Normally, that is not a bad thing if the games are generally competitive and the home school makes money off the gate. But given these massive blowouts, I am not sure either team benefits from this. And what is the attendance like if the game is at N. Edgecombe? I would think few of their fans show up and and I doubt many Viking fans appear. Even though Leggett is not much of a drive for them.
Usually Tarboro fans outnumber the home crowds. That may be the case for this game against SWE. Next year or either the year after though, several elementary schools and middle schools in Nash county will become part of edgecombe county. Maybe this will be beneficial to North edgecombe

Reactions: fitguync30
Usually Tarboro fans outnumber the home crowds. That may be the case for this game against SWE. Next year or either the year after though, several elementary schools and middle schools in Nash county will become part of edgecombe county. Maybe this will be beneficial to North edgecombe
What do you mean.. will become part of edgecombe county? is part of one county being annexed by another county?

What do you mean.. will become part of edgecombe county? is part of one county being annexed by another county?
Four Nash county schools are currently in the edgecombe county district. Beginning in I think 2025 those four schools will now be a part of the edgecombe county school district. If anything it'll probably send more students to southwest edgecombe than anything.

I thought it was just the kids that live on the Edgecombe County side of Rocky Mount that currently go to Rocky Mount schools will start coming to Edgecombe County schools. Someone was saying Southwest will be 3A again when this happens

I thought it was just the kids that live on the Edgecombe County side of Rocky Mount that currently go to Rocky Mount schools will start coming to Edgecombe County schools. Someone was saying Southwest will be 3A again when this happens
That sounds more accurate. Idk I let the school board decide that stuff lol. I don't know of any schools on the edgecombe county side of Rocky Mount close to north edgecombe.

Question for any of the swe guys in here, do y'all still shot off that cannon when you score a touchdown? I live near SWE and I haven't heard it in awhile.

Anyone catching the game tonight? It’s gonna be a good one!
Won't be able to make to this one due to work. I'll go ahead and say it will be a closer game than tomorrow night more than likely will. Swe JV gave rolesville JV all they wanted in their game earlier this year in a close loss.

Won't be able to make to this one due to work. I'll go ahead and say it will be a closer game than tomorrow night more than likely will. Swe JV gave rolesville JV all they wanted in their game earlier this year in a clo
They actually may get us tonight. As I said earlier though, wouldn’t really bother me since so many of our guys are already on varsity

Swe JV 38-32 final. Not to surprised by this as Tarboro has a lot of freshmen starting. Very few sophomores on JV. Maybe the future for SWE is not so bleak after all.

I feel bad for the people that will have to park in the grass lol.
I can't see it being overflow parking tonight. We haven't had large crowds lately. Should be plenty of parking in the parking lot. And I'm sure if it keeps raining, that'll keep a lot of people home. I don't think it'll be raining by 7 though. If it's still raining at 6, a postponement might occur. Wouldn't want to have a low gate at the rivalry game.

I can't see it being overflow parking tonight. We haven't had large crowds lately. Should be plenty of parking in the parking lot. And I'm sure if it keeps raining, that'll keep a lot of people home. I don't think it'll be raining by 7 though. If it's still raining at 6, a postponement might occur. Wouldn't want to have a low gate at the rivalry game.
This system is supposed to be out Around then. It's Tarboro vs SWE it should have a good crowd. Won't be nothing like 2009 or 2015 though

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT