ADVERTISEMENT

St. Pauls vs SouthWest Edgecombe

S2V2

Feb 28, 2018
Both had a great winning game on Friday.

What are your thoughts on this game?

I don't freaking know lol. I can't figure us out at all this year.

Our head coach quit before the season as well as a few assistants. The new coach brought in a new offense (flex bone) and defense. I haven't been off work on a Friday night all season so I haven't got the chance to go to a game. I was hoping they would bring in someone that runs a spread or air raid type of offense, but I digress.

• Wow
Reactions: S2V2
Our head coach quit before the season as well as a few assistants. The new coach brought in a new offense (flex bone) and defense. I haven't been off work on a Friday night all season so I haven't got the chance to go to a game. I was hoping they would bring in someone that runs a spread or air raid type of offense, but I digress.
Well I sure hope the best of luck to you all as ya'll take on the St Pauls Bulldogs. It will be a great game

I will be LIVE

Like Heel said, our coach resigned near the beginning of the season, and we brought in a first year coach that changed everything. Our first two games were against 3A Northern Nash and 1A Tarboro. If you know high school football, you know who Tarboro is. And Northern Nash is a competent team. We got shut out by both teams. I don't know if it was because we were learning a completely new system, or because we just aren't good. We turned it around after those shut outs and breezed through our conference, winning all 5 games. However, your conference's worst team could probably compete for our conference championship. Our group has not been good at all lately. So winning it makes me wonder if we are now a decent team, or if our opponents were just that bad. Our first round opponent was Roanoke Rapids. They came to us with one loss, but no one associates Roanoke Rapids as being a football threat. They have good records here and there, but they have never been a team to worry about come playoff time. They are like Duke. They have a football team, but ehhh. My point is, beating them wasn't an accomplishment. So with all that being said, I don't know if we are good or not good. Haven't figured the coach out yet. We beat the teams that are poor, and got shut out by teams that have a pulse. But that was the first 2 games, while we were still learning the new system. So....I don't know.

Reactions: S2V2
Like Heel said, our coach resigned near the beginning of the season, and we brought in a first year coach that changed everything. Our first two games were against 3A Northern Nash and 1A Tarboro. If you know high school football, you know who Tarboro is. And Northern Nash is a competent team. We got shut out by both teams. I don't know if it was because we were learning a completely new system, or because we just aren't good. We turned it around after those shut outs and breezed through our conference, winning all 5 games. However, your conference's worst team could probably compete for our conference championship. Our group has not been good at all lately. So winning it makes me wonder if we are now a decent team, or if our opponents were just that bad. Our first round opponent was Roanoke Rapids. They came to us with one loss, but no one associates Roanoke Rapids as being a football threat. They have good records here and there, but they have never been a team to worry about come playoff time. They are like Duke. They have a football team, but ehhh. My point is, beating them wasn't an accomplishment. So with all that being said, I don't know if we are good or not good. Haven't figured the coach out yet. We beat the teams that are poor, and got shut out by teams that have a pulse. But that was the first 2 games, while we were still learning the new system. So....I don't know.
Heading to the game now

My ETA is 7:15. Hopefully, it won't be over for us by then.
You’ve spent enough time downing Roanoke Rapids after our worst game of the season. Congratulations on your victory. Too many turnovers and injuries doomed us last week. It was awesome to visit your school and we enjoyed the “sportsmanship” of your team and game officials. Very classy bunch. Safe travels and good luck.

You’ve spent enough time downing Roanoke Rapids after our worst game of the season. Congratulations on your victory. Too many turnovers and injuries doomed us last week. It was awesome to visit your school and we enjoyed the “sportsmanship” of your team and game officials. Very classy bunch. Safe travels and good luck.
Opinions, sir. These boards are full of them. Welcome to the site.

Big fourth down stop by SP at their own 15, followed by a huge run for them. Knew that first play with be a big one.

Ol Mo is on their side right now. Wouldn't be surprised to see a score.

Huge interception at the goal line by SWE! Ran back near the 30 with 10 seconds left in the half.

Tried to take the top off on ensuing play. Deep pass off the fingertips of SWE receiver. 1 second left. Knee. The deep pass still served its purpose, even though it was incomplete. SP knows that it can happen, so it should soften the box up.

He's not being rude or insulting, just stating the fact that RR is not known as a real contender. Truth is we're known for bowing out in the third round, and soaking our field when passing teams come around. Lol

Tried to take the top off on ensuing play. Deep pass off the fingertips of SWE receiver. 1 second left. Knee. The deep pass still served its purpose, even though it was incomplete. SP knows that it can happen, so it should soften the box up.
So. The score is 0-0?

He's not being rude or insulting, just stating the fact that RR is not known as a real contender. Truth is we're known for bowing out in the third round, and soaking our field when passing teams come around. Lol
Oh yeah, we're third round and done. That's who we are. Although I will forever believe we scored that overtime 2pt conversion vs Kinston in the 2015 eastern finals.

Reactions: CrazyHeel
0-0 at the half. SP has scored nicely all year. Interesting to see how they react to being shut down so far. But hey, they're shutting us down too.
I have to say I'm very proud of the boys tonight. Maybe we ARE a good team???

Oh yeah, we're third round and done. That's who we are. Although I will forever believe we scored that overtime 2pt conversion vs Kinston in the 2015 eastern finals.
And that damn 4th and ten reidsville made late in the fourth. That play still hurts

0-0 at the half. SP has scored nicely all year. Interesting to see how they react to being shut down so far. But hey, they're shutting us down too.
I have to say I'm very proud of the boys tonight. Maybe we ARE a good team???
A defensive game on the road. I like it. We definitely don't want to play from behind more than two possessions

I'm just waiting for the signature big run. Wait... That's the wishbone😔
Just call it.. Inverted wish bone. The flex bone is cool to watch. I loved watching Georgia Tech run it over the years.

I'm just waiting for the signature big run. Wait... That's the wishbone😔
But man. SouthWest ran the wishbone since 1979. There's alot of the same verbage just the flex bone is easier to get mismatches on the weak side.

End of 3rd. SP 7 SWE 0. I don't know what SWE was trying to accomplish this quarter, but we kept trying interior runs over and over again. It's not there right now! Geez!

3rd and 20, obvious pass, corner blitz hurries the qb, pass to flat goes nowhere. Punt to own 38.

End of 3rd. SP 7 SWE 0. I don't know what SWE was trying to accomplish this quarter, but we kept trying interior runs over and over again. It's not there right now! Geez!
It all depends on how the defensive tackles line up. If they are playing b gap, you run in a gap. Sounds like they are playing a flex type defense. Are their d tackles lined up just a hair back off the ball?

Clear fumble by SP recovered by SWE, instead runner called down after 3 minute ref huddle.

It all depends on how the defensive tackles line up. If they are playing b gap, you run in a gap. Sounds like they are playing a flex type defense. Are their d tackles lined up just a hair back off the ball?
Hard to tell from my angle. Only 3 rows up.

14-0 SP. Qb runs are killing us. At this point, I'm calling SP plays over here. Run by qb. Run by qb. Run by qb.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT