ADVERTISEMENT

South Point vs Hibriten

I didn’t think Pisgah and Hibriten would have a chance to meet lol. That Mtn conference up there is overrated. North Lincoln creamed Smokey Mtn who didn’t lose to Pisgah by much and Bandys exposes Franklin lol. Soooo another home game and revenge game coming up for East And NorthLincoln. I hope man I really hope North makes their way to Hibriten. SP will fall y’all. Your right it ain’t 2016. If SP lost to Shelby, the Lenior rowdies got this. Only reason Pisgah got that 1 seed is cause of Hibritens conference. North beating down SM showed that conference is better but not as better as some would think lol.

Reactions: 1SWO
If you say so. You have 1 week to pat yourself on the back so you had best get to it. After that you will go silent!
BRT the SP kids and coaches are the only ones we give a pat on the back. The SP program is the players and coaches. Their success has earned them the right to be patted on the back. We get no pats.

So the very next time you fix a flat
Don't expect someone to offer a pat
For you like me it ain't about us
So why you create all the fuss
One last thing before I part
Be prepared come Friday for a broken heart

Spent the morning watching film of Hibriten and reviewing their roster. They look as good as anyone that I have seen this year. A number of good athletes and very senior laden team with playoff experience. Very little passing but haven't need to pass. Only weakness I saw was maybe the kicking game. All of that coupled with the home field will create a significant challenge for the Raiders. That being said, SP will bring a team that believes in themselves and believe that they will win. Keys will be some combination of controlling the Hibriten big play running game, force some TO's, offense keeping the ball away from their O, hit big Ray Grier with a couple of TD passes. Big challenge but not like the Raiders haven't been there before.

I didn’t think Pisgah and Hibriten would have a chance to meet lol. That Mtn conference up there is overrated. North Lincoln creamed Smokey Mtn who didn’t lose to Pisgah by much and Bandys exposes Franklin lol. Soooo another home game and revenge game coming up for East And NorthLincoln. I hope man I really hope North makes their way to Hibriten. SP will fall y’all. Your right it ain’t 2016. If SP lost to Shelby, the Lenior rowdies got this. Only reason Pisgah got that 1 seed is cause of Hibritens conference. North beating down SM showed that conference is better but not as better as some would think lol.

No argument that the Mnt 6 was overrated but, how do you figure the bolded? Bandys was a 3 seed & Franklin was a 14 seed. This game was tight the whole way & Franklin had the ball on the Trojans 21 with under 3 minutes left down 21-14. If anything I would say the Trojans may have been exposed by the Panthers. Carry on with the SP vs Hibriten talk.

There will not be alot of difference between what either team saw in 16 i dont think. Both teams bring alot of similarities to the table. I think this will be a great game, wish it was in the third or fourth round where it should be but whatever. I hope sp travels like they did in 16, that was a hudge crowd, the only time i have seen the visitors bleachers full this year was at the west caldwell game. LOL you guys remember how big our visitors side is right?

I know I saw half the game cause I started off at NL and when I saw they had it I’m the bag me and the crew ran off to the Bandys game.

Can't decide if I want to make the trip to Lenoir Friday night or not. I mean, after all there is only a slim chance SP will win. Why waste the gas money???
FYI....midgets are smaller than usual, have no speed, and couldn't make a tackle if the opposing team wore high heels. Expect running clock by end of first quarter.Why bother playing the game ? Just give Hibriten the C-trophy? .... NOT!!!! Win or lose I will still be RidiculouslyRED.
I know it’s 2 years later but after watching that dismantling in person by “ the midgets” your record could be 2-9 and I as a Hibriten parent would still be doubting our ability to win handily this week..... At least 2 players from this year’s team have power 5 scholarship offers so obviously the talent still there....

BRT the SP kids and coaches are the only ones we give a pat on the back. The SP program is the players and coaches. Their success has earned them the right to be patted on the back. We get no pats.

This is something a SP fan comes up with after a hard night of drinking.Lol.I don't know if it has been discussed yet but Hibriten has not lost since 2016 and we all know who beat them that night.

Hibriten should by all means be the best team we have played although I would be the last person to not give Shelby their dues.
SP will face an uphill battle as I am sure Coach Lewis, staff and players have more than enough motivation after the 2016 dismantling Hibriten took at the hands of SP in Lenior. Couple that with the respect Hibriten has for SP and likewise.
SP is going to prepare to bring their "A" game and will not be intimidated by this outstanding Hibriten team. As Forest Gump said, "Sometimes there just isn't enough rocks". Hope we find enough rocks.

I will be surprised if South Point can stay in this game. All due respect to the Red Raiders but this isnt 2016. SP wont take the beating the rest of Hibritens schedule has, but will find the trip to Lenoir to be their final game. Hibriten 30 SP 14

I've only seen South Point once this season and that was against Shelby. SP has a good team but not on the same level as what they will see in Lenoir Friday night. Not gonna say SP can't win but Hibriten would have to make multiple mistakes . SP had so much trouble with Shelby's speed and Hibriten has that kinda speed but with bigger and better line play. Hibriten 35 South Point 13

South Point is so welled coached they will have a game plan thought that was the difference in 2016 HIBRITEN better team 35 to 21.

I saw South Point on tv highlights last nite I was surprised at how small they looked I may be wrong but I'm going Hibriten 45 to 20

Much respect for Hibriten for scrimmaging South Point every year. They realize the value of seeing how you stack up against a quality program. I'd like to see them risk losing a game during their non conference schedule. It's a tradition for South Point and Shelby to get whupped once or twice a year

Reactions: beamer24 and 1SWO
Dang it I was gonna keep my yap shut until about 9:30 PM Friday but I totally agree. I wish we had a much tougher schedule so it would help every year to improve the program overall. Even if we lose it would benefit us in the long run. I don't think it would have changed the outcome last year or this year since we have the talent level we do. #23 Jones looks like that kid for East Duplin and runs about like him with the exception that Jones likes to run over at least one guy before getting away. I heard from the players today and they said they overlooked SP in 2016 and that will not happen this time! SP has a great program but it is not meant to be this year. Still 42-14 sea biscuit

Yeah we want another shot too, just hate comming uup there to dump vistor side. If it happen Shelby Hibriten. Some of u guys thats got pull please have seats brought in

I heard from the players today and they said they overlooked SP in 2016 and that will not happen this time!
Ridiculous!!!! But, kids will be kids, I guess. Overlooking someone is barely beating someone you were clearly favored to beat, or said opponent pulling an upset in a close win. You guys were blown off the field, that’s different.

I don't fix flats. I don't even change tires, haha. I did for 19 years change big rig tires and farm tires. I just recieved my check every month now just because I started the company with my dad. I created no fuss, haha. I just spoke the truth and what I believe. I was right last year and hope to be again this year.

Can’t start building a dynasty with crappy visitors bleachers. !! Saw Shelby and freedom play that’s a nice place to watch a game!! Very clean.

Oh and if you want to know who started what you can look back since every post is time stamped. Your boy Sea Dog was the first to make a comment about the 2nd round beating Hibriten and other garbage. Blame the one who started your "fuss"! I never commented about SP until then.

Last edited:
Ok I see some of you take this stuff way to seriously. Sea Dog is ok in my book. He is the dummy that started that smirky thread about Hibriten being the best team in the state. I enjoy giving him a hard time. I did the same thing to the Shelby fans when they played SP. I had to go out to get my gloves because I have a smashed off finger from a few years back but they wouldn't let me back in. Their fan had them let me back in so we could give each other grief the rest of the game. I take this all in fun. Sorry if I offend

Ok I see some of you take this stuff way to seriously. Sea Dog is ok in my book. He is the dummy that started that smirky thread about Hibriten being the best team in the state. I enjoy giving him a hard time. I did the same thing to the Shelby fans when they played SP. I had to go out to get my gloves because I have a smashed off finger from a few years back but they wouldn't let me back in. Their fan had them let me back in so we could give each other grief the rest of the game. I take this all in fun. Sorry if I offend

He started it because you hibriten fans are crazy. Win one title and act like a perennial powerhouse LoL you have the biggest school in 2aa. But this week is the end of the powerhouse program you hype up.

Last edited:
Didn't that talk about becoming a powerhouse come on that silly thread about Hibriten? But we crazy fans caused it by say the word powerhouse. And that was said in that thread. Your logic sux

Didn't that talk about becoming a powerhouse come on that silly thread about Hibriten? But we crazy fans caused it by say the word powerhouse. And that was said in that thread. Your logic sux

SWO is east and didn't lose LoL won by 50. Your time will come.

I asked if you were lost. Oh threatening to beat us just after you said some kind of jibberish about us losing this week. Is there 2 of you in 1 body talking?

This is something a SP fan comes up with after a hard night of drinking.Lol.I don't know if it has been discussed yet but Hibriten has not lost since 2016 and we all know who beat them that night.
Ridiculous!!!! But, kids will be kids, I guess. Overlooking someone is barely beating someone you were clearly favored to beat, or said opponent pulling an upset in a close win. You guys were blown off the field, that’s different.
SHS LION you are correct Hibriten didn't get their first down until late in the 3rd quarter and less than yards of total offense at the half. SP had an awesome defense that year.
Rocky Mt barely exceeded 100 total yards in the state championship game getting 70 of that on their only scoring drive of the game just before halftime.
Unfortunately that SP defense is gone and Hibriten has an arsenal in their offense this year. Their defense is equally outstanding.

I did not remember worrying about SP defense that year, was more concerned about stopping SP. I really felt like Hibriten did a decent job on defense that night. Just couldn’t stop the pass to the te. All freaking night long when they need him it was there.

They were in our backfield as much as we were. That team had 2 much ego. Too many chiefs and not enough Indians. We had our tears handed to us plain and simple. The better team won and I give no excuses. We thought we could not be beat and found out real fast we could. As early as 9-0 I knew it was over. That fb/linebacker was a beast. I think I have his positions right. I am kind of glad we were humbled as it lead to this team. We almost gave the game away against Newton last year and that woke us up again. They are focused this year as they mentioned this morning.

Reactions: Burkeforreal
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT