ADVERTISEMENT

South Point @ East Lincoln

I expected more from the offense but the defense played great. I complained about the defense all year. They redeemed themselves tonight.
Had the first half lasted about 5 minutes longer, the hits we were putting on EL might have had a stronger effect. catch that ball and WHAM BAM!!! Thank you ma'am.

Football Baby GIF by The Dude Perfect Show

SP had a few opportunities and just could get it done. The coaches did an outstanding job tonight. The players did an outstanding job as well. EL was just better tonight, they made all the plays that were needed. Both teams played about as hard as they could. Great game and good luck next week.

A 2nd year straight of failure and not finishing the task at hand. Back to back seasons of getting manhandled by Kings Mountains in dominant fashion and losing the Conference Championship. Then to add insult to injury, salt to the wound. South Point lose again in the 3A Western Conference Finals on the road. Two Conference Championships losing by a combine score of 52-7. Blow up and rebuilt the program and fire the Coach. Now with A.C. Reynolds stepping back down to 3A, South Point will fail to reach a 3A Championship. Smdh

EL left some points on the board with several empty trips to the red zone. SP showed a ton of grit and had the momentum at the end of the game and was very close to winning. Very good ballgame by both teams.
SP is 10 pass attempts a game from being damn near unbeatable. Just don’t understand why they refuse to throw it until they have to.

A 2nd year straight of failure and not finishing the task at hand. Back to back seasons of getting manhandled by Kings Mountains in dominant fashion and losing the Conference Championship. Then to add insult to injury, salt to the wound. South Point lose again in the 3A Western Conference Finals on the road. Two Conference Championships losing by a combine score of 52-7. Blow up and rebuilt the program and fire the Coach. Now with A.C. Reynolds stepping back down to 3A, South Point will fail to reach a 3A Championship. Smdh
Well said PSaunders. When you can put 8 or 9 defensive players in the box and not worry about a pass, that’s how you win conference championships and Finals against SP. Kudos to ALL the young red raiders that practiced hard and played hard to all season to represent. You have nothing to hang you head about. Maybe next season SP will try trick plays like a slant pass or post pass on first down instead of waiting until everyone in the stadium knows what is coming. Just pass enough to keep the defense honest!!! Go BIG RED!!!!

Reactions: Maiden Creek

This is a joke, right? Please tell me you’re not this clueless. Gotta be comedic satire.

Wow….can’t believe some of y’all questioning your coaches. SP coaching is and always has been the reason this team wins with less talent year in and year out. Coaching is the reason you played in the fifth round two straight years. You really need to appreciate your coaches and the tradition of this program …..storied program. It’s special!!!! Be proud!!!!

This is a joke, right? Please tell me you’re not this clueless. Gotta be comedic satire.
Gotta be a joke, surely can’t be serious. Clueless, stupid, ignorant, flat out ridiculous to call out SP coaching. Wow just wow…..I don’t even like those guys lol. But you damn sure got to respect em.

Reactions: seadog28
Saunders, is just trying to piss y’all off. Let go guys. It was a great game, a great year and I don’t think I’d be prouder of them if they had won the game. I’d be happier but not prouder.
GO BIG RED!

Reactions: NC Joker
Had SP been able to get that TD and XP and put it OT, there was that possibility of a SP 17-14 win. Besides me, who thought that the SP D could hold EL to 14 points?

Great game, BIG RED!!!!. What a way to play even up to the last seconds of the game.
Uhh -me. They have quietly carried this team all year with zero fanfare. Go look at what teams scored versus everybody else and what they scored in SP games on that defense.

Gotta be a joke, surely can’t be serious. Clueless, stupid, ignorant, flat out ridiculous to call out SP coaching. Wow just wow…..I don’t even like those guys lol. But you damn sure got to respect em.
I don't know which school P.Saunders represents, but we aren't getting rid of our coaches. It is disappointing to lose the regional championships two years in a row, but it happens more often than one might think. If that were the case we would have a different coach every 2-3 years. There is one area where we have failed at and that is the passing feature. It is rare that we have a QB who can throw accurately and also have decent WRs. The last time was in 2009 when we had one of the (James?) Justice brothers at QB. We were in the 3AA playoffs against passing South Johnston with a halftime score of 14-28. However, in the 2nd half we threw the ball a lot more and opened up the running game. SJ did not score the rest of the game and we added 28 points in the 2nd half to finish 42-28.

Unfortunately, Blee's injury in the Crest game affected his play against Crest and against Eastern Guilford. EG definitely watched the Dudley game and had enough sense to restrict Blee from moving as freely as needed, except for the one TD later in the game. EL had the benefit of watching the last three recent games which showed our known weakness and where we were successful. The only reason we had a chance in the final minute of the game was that the SP defense would hit the receivers hard if they actually caught the ball. Mizzell probably had the most missed catches of his career because they had butterfingers.

What I kept looking for during SP's passing attempts in the 4th quarter was the hook and ladder but it didn't happen. However, Blee (36-68-5) has had only 5 interceptions all season, including the one Friday night Just one of those things.

Last edited:
Wow….can’t believe some of y’all questioning your coaches. SP coaching is and always has been the reason this team wins with less talent year in and year out. Coaching is the reason you played in the fifth round two straight years. You really need to appreciate your coaches and the tradition of this program …..storied program. It’s special!!!! Be proud!!!!
GO BIG RED!

Saunders, is just trying to piss y’all off. Let go guys. It was a great game, a great year and I don’t think I’d be prouder of them if they had won the game. I’d be happier but not prouder.
GO BIG RED!
Loud and proud to be a RED RAIDER.

Agree- great game by both teams. EL won it and deserved the win. But….if you were at the game you know just how close it was. That joke of a newspaper man from the GG has written that SP was lucky to be in the game and that EL just kept having self-inflicted problems. What an absolute lie that is. When good fortune happened for SP- it was the D, ST and O that made things happen….just as EL did when they had good things occur. How many fumbles did SP cause that EL was lucky enough to have bounce to their players feet instead of to a player in reds feet? They had a lot more random good fortune than SP but EL deserved the win…because they won. No excuses…but this game was as tight as one possession inside the 15 for SP going into tie at the end of the game despite what some of these haters are indicating. That is the printed truth.

This is much better than going out in 2nd rd 4 years in a row.

Listen folks, you’re just not going to get a team throwing all over the field at SP. Every philosophy in football has a path to victory. The Raider’s is running the football and in order to be as good as SP is(rushing) you have to rep the piss out of it. This allows little time to dedicate to the passing game. The only way they’ll be completely confident throwing on their own terms through a game is with a multi year starter at QB (history has proven this). If SP or any team try’s to beat you with something other than what they have poured all their time into, it’ll equal an L. The coaches gave them an opportunity to execute in the passing game and they didn’t. They followed that up with granting a second first down opportunity and it resulted in an interception. The coaches were looking for the opportunity to attack and they tried to do it with positive field position. This would allow us to play D should the negative play occur. That negative play did occur. What exactly do you folks expect them to do?

Only two QBs at SP running the triple option have thrown for more than 1000 yards. Javar Williams (1500+) and Scottie Lee (1000+), that’s it. Both of these seasons were 16 game years. Josh Justice isn’t on this list although they did throw when needed. It’s not that you throw it’s do you execute when you throw. I’d love to see more reps, but it’d have to be done through the season against lesser competition. Hard to dedicate more reps in practice when you run triple. The second you get rusty or sluggish rushing you’re going to look very pedestrian.

Only two QBs at SP running the triple option have thrown for more than 1000 yards. Javar Williams (1500+) and Scottie Lee (1000+), that’s it. Both of these seasons were 16 game years. Josh Justice isn’t on this list although they did throw when needed. It’s not that you throw it’s do you execute when you throw. I’d love to see more reps, but it’d have to be done through the season against lesser competition. Hard to dedicate more reps in practice when you run triple. The second you get rusty or sluggish rushing you’re going to look very pedestrian.
SP is just fine. We may not win them all but nobody wants to face that Redbone come playoffs. NOBODY!

You proved my point… both of those QBs won state championships.

Sure they won State Championships or as I'd like to say they played on teams that won. I don't disagree that throwing 10 times a game could make you unstoppable on offense but if it's not executed it'll also get you beat against a good team. None of those QBs threw 10 times a game, so not sure what it proves.

Yep. People forget spread teams can struggle in short yardage situations. I've seen teams lose because they can't line up under center and get 1 yard. 🤷‍♂️
Can you say CRUST? Four plays inside the 5 yd line. All they needed was a field goal. Coach didn’t trust his kicker and chose not to put the QB under center. And some of their fans have the nerve to wine about possible missed calls. 🤣🤣🤣

Let it go old man . Just have a seat beside us. Off season of what if's, could've, and should've. While EL plays for a ship.

Reactions: NC Joker
Sure they won State Championships or as I'd like to say they played on teams that won. I don't disagree that throwing 10 times a game could make you unstoppable on offense but if it's not executed it'll also get you beat against a good team. None of those QBs threw 10 times a game, so not sure what it proves.
If you can’t see the correlation between our last (2) state championships have came when a QB threw for over 1000 yards I can’t help you.

For the record I wasn’t criticizing the coaches. I made a statement. My perception from the top row from one of the most loyal fans at SP for many years. I stand behind the statement.

If you can’t see the correlation between our last (2) state championships have came when a QB threw for over 1000 yards I can’t help you.

For the record I wasn’t criticizing the coaches. I made a statement. My perception from the top row from one of the most loyal fans at SP for many years. I stand behind the statement.
Agreeing! ! Not criticizing. Just a perception! 👍🏻Go Big RED! I already miss Friday night football….

I didn’t say you were criticizing the coaches. Why so sensitive guy? I don’t have a problem with your opinion, you’re entitled to it. I just see it different. I see it as they try and take what the defense gives them. If you call two pass plays and you go 0-2 with an interception it makes it hard to continue to call ‘em unless you have no choice. Execute and they’ll call it again. If you have sat at the top for a long time, we probably know who each other are.

Reactions: SPRedRaider
Agree- great game by both teams. EL won it and deserved the win. But….if you were at the game you know just how close it was. That joke of a newspaper man from the GG has written that SP was lucky to be in the game and that EL just kept having self-inflicted problems. What an absolute lie that is. When good fortune happened for SP- it was the D, ST and O that made things happen….just as EL did when they had good things occur. How many fumbles did SP cause that EL was lucky enough to have bounce to their players feet instead of to a player in reds feet? They had a lot more random good fortune than SP but EL deserved the win…because they won. No excuses…but this game was as tight as one possession inside the 15 for SP going into tie at the end of the game despite what some of these haters are indicating. That is the printed truth.
He's right. Saw it myself☝️

Seems like you have been drinking their kool aid. We have good coaches and need no rebuilding . But you have everyone a nice laugh

Reactions: egfan
Boy, I hope this happens! Blow it up. Fire and ban any coach ever associated with SP or the redbone.....please please please. Ha ha ha. Ridiculous.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT