ADVERTISEMENT

South Point @ Dudley

I have heard dudley isnt the dudley from last year but still dangerous. Good luck friday

While Dudley isn't as good as last year imo, the dropoff ain't large. I got Dudley by 3 tds.

edit: dropout to dropoff.

Last edited:
SP will struggle with Dudley speed for sure IMO SP is better overall this year. But, that will probably not be enough against the athleticism of Dudley. Just hope it's closer than last year

Dudley has 16 lineman 270+lbs. Aaron Donald plays on their D-line.
How does SP compare to last year's SP team?
2022 SP is better than 2021 SP. I honestly think SP has the talent to win this game. Not sure they have the heads to win it. Hard to create a good mindset in kids looking in the rearview at a 40 point loss.

Reactions: raider1959
I agree..... Like I said, I think SP has the team to win and honestly think they should. But heads games are pivotal with kids.
When you said “honestly think they should” what makes you believe that? I just want to hear your reasoning.

Reactions: GSO-Triple5
When you said “honestly think they should” what makes you believe that? I just want to hear your reasoning.
The SP that was represented last year at Dudley is not what SP football is all about. Dudley wins that game last year 9-10 and probably 10-10 games as they were simply the better team. But in saying so, they were not 40 points better than SP. SP saw success on the opening drive until the QB went out.

This years version is better. Overall the team doesn't have a gaping weakness nor do they have any outstanding units either; simply hard-nosed athletes.

The offense has taken a step forward with freshman Blee at QB and Medlock at FB isnt missing much from Riley from last year's squad. The OL is anchored by Sully and they just do what they do. I feel confident we can get 3 and a cloud of dust all night if the D will allow that type of game.

The defense is much improved and a year older. D line is somewhat undersized but are protected by (2) good LB's that head hunt. We have discussed the secondary in another thread and think they showed this past Friday against Hickory that the pass will keep SP honest but won't beat them. Simply coached to give up the underneath and not get beat deep.

I talked earlier about the kids having to create a mindset that doesn't relish in a 40 point loss. They are 16-18 years old, so thats tough on them. But SP is lead by men, men who have played in big games and who want it just as bad as the kids who were beat by 40; they were beat by 40. Thats not SP football. I expect a close game.

Not saying Dudley can't be beat but they'll be a very tough out. Pisgah had some success passing the ball against em. I just don't see SP style of offense being sustainable against Dudleys defensive front. Wish I could come watch this one.

The SP that was represented last year at Dudley is not what SP football is all about. Dudley wins that game last year 9-10 and probably 10-10 games as they were simply the better team. But in saying so, they were not 40 points better than SP. SP saw success on the opening drive until the QB went out.

This years version is better. Overall the team doesn't have a gaping weakness nor do they have any outstanding units either; simply hard-nosed athletes.

The offense has taken a step forward with freshman Blee at QB and Medlock at FB isnt missing much from Riley from last year's squad. The OL is anchored by Sully and they just do what they do. I feel confident we can get 3 and a cloud of dust all night if the D will allow that type of game.

The defense is much improved and a year older. D line is somewhat undersized but are protected by (2) good LB's that head hunt. We have discussed the secondary in another thread and think they showed this past Friday against Hickory that the pass will keep SP honest but won't beat them. Simply coached to give up the underneath and not get beat deep.

I talked earlier about the kids having to create a mindset that doesn't relish in a 40 point loss. They are 16-18 years old, so thats tough on them. But SP is lead by men, men who have played in big games and who want it just as bad as the kids who were beat by 40; they were beat by 40. Thats not SP football. I expect a close game.
Okay, well I have a few more questions. I agree, I think SP has improved mainly in the front 6 but how much better is SP from last year? Crest is young this year and Hickory Ridge is no longer on the schedule. That’s two losses from last year that are wins in win/loss column this year. Outside of Kings Mountain, what good team has SP played?

Also, I think Dudley can beat SP with the deep ball. Nobody has yet but I don’t see a team SP has played thus far that has wrs, a quarterback and a line to give them time to throw. I also watched last years game and some of the players that made big plays were only freshmen, so they are returning a year older as well.

You brought up SP football but didn’t bring up Dudley football. Going off of their history with this coaching staff, they are undefeated against teams who run similar offenses. That includes wins over teams like Catholic two or three times in the last 10 years. They haven’t given up more than 1 or 2 scores in any of those games. I think that’s why they shut SP down last year.
In football a lot of teams see success in the first few drives and I expect SP to again this year but it also takes time for defenses to settle in, especially in the trenches. I think SP has to score early because as the game goes on they will become more stout against the run.

Not saying Dudley can't be beat but they'll be a very tough out. Pisgah had some success passing the ball against em. I just don't see SP style of offense being sustainable against Dudleys defensive front. Wish I could come watch this one.
Me too but I’m not making that drive and I will probably be at a 4A game.

Okay, well I have a few more questions. I agree, I think SP has improved mainly in the front 6 but how much better is SP from last year? Crest is young this year and Hickory Ridge is no longer on the schedule. That’s two losses from last year that are wins in win/loss column this year. Outside of Kings Mountain, what good team has SP played?

Also, I think Dudley can beat SP with the deep ball. Nobody has yet but I don’t see a team SP has played thus far that has wrs, a quarterback and a line to give them time to throw. I also watched last years game and some of the players that made big plays were only freshmen, so they are returning a year older as well.

You brought up SP football but didn’t bring up Dudley football. Going off of their history with this coaching staff, they are undefeated against teams who run similar offenses. That includes wins over teams like Catholic two or three times in the last 10 years. They haven’t given up more than 1 or 2 scores in any of those games. I think that’s why they shut SP down last year.
In football a lot of teams see success in the first few drives and I expect SP to again this year but it also takes time for defenses to settle in, especially in the trenches. I think SP has to score early because as the game goes on they will become more stout against the

Right! We have the coaches and the front 7 to handle this type of offense. We got DAWGS up front with Logan aka Wolverine #99 and company. He is hard to move so that upback or fullback dive they run ..stopping it will be the key. Stop the dive and it fizzles from there.

Last edited:
Reactions: New3ra
I agree with some of the other Red Raider posters. I think it will be a much better game than last year. South Point may not win but I’ll guarantee they give it all they got. GO. BIG. RED

I agree with some of the other Red Raider posters. I think it will be a much better game than last year. South Point may not win but I’ll guarantee they give it all they got. GO. BIG. RED
We will be pulling for you in Cleveland County. I would agree that South Point has improved since last year overall. SP secondary has improved since last year but the speed of Dudley scares me for SP but I will be pulling hard for SP.

Reactions: raider1959
We will be pulling for you in Cleveland County. I would agree that South Point has improved since last year overall. SP secondary has improved since last year but the speed of Dudley scares me for SP but I will be pulling hard for SP.
We know you’re pulling for SP and we know why. Please don’t say Cleveland County. You hope they win because you know down deep Dudley scares the piss out of you. 0 time thinks like that.

The window is closing. KM better get it done this year. Lastly, Crest don’t pull for SP or Shelby. Well we’ll pull for SP if the play Shelby. That’s it.

We know you’re pulling for SP and we know why. Please don’t say Cleveland County. You hope they win because you know down deep Dudley scares the piss out of you. 0 time thinks like that.

The window is closing. KM better get it done this year. Lastly, Crest don’t pull for SP or Shelby. Well we’ll pull for SP if the play Shelby. That’s it.
I think km vs Dudley a 50/50 game if km doesn’t win this year tho it’s over with

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT