ADVERTISEMENT

South Fork week 12

Well boys it was nice while it lasted. Maybe a revenge playoff game. Seen a few of those. So what’s up with brackets now?

Good game and good effort by both teams. Best of luck in the playoffs. Great competitive atmosphere and a big enthusiastic crowd, both sides.

Burkeforreal, thanks again, for managing this thread.

Good game and good effort by both teams. Best of luck in the playoffs. Great competitive atmosphere and a big enthusiastic crowd, both sides.

Burkeforreal, thanks again, for managing this thread.

Oh your welcome. Dang we hit 6 pages. Good job fellas

So what’s next for the playoffs? Is none going on this Friday due to setbacks down east from Hurricane?

Also Maiden and Lincolnton tonight? We’re is the game? I can’t go I gotta work but this game should fall in on this thread.

East and N.C. play tonight too. Then it’s hurry up and wait until brackets post Saturday! East side of state has game to make up. It’s nice to have a slack week before playoffs...

This waiting is killing me. I hope there is at least some sort of mock projection out there before Saturday. West is on the edge of a home playoff game which would be the first ever in school history. With Brevard losing to Pisgah and dropping to third in that conference makes things really close.

Reactions: Burkeforreal
Maybe we can get this to 7 pages. So I guess no plans on a playoff game this Friday. Be next Friday I suppose. North projected to play Smokey Mtn. If that happens they should take care of business but since falling to Bandys that’ll put em most likely playing Shelby, Hibriten or SPoint 2nd round.

Back to the 3A thing in 2 years- other night I was at intersection that turns in to go to Freedom. A NW4A/3A team. I pulled up my phone and put North Lincoln on my gps to see how far these 2 would be apart. 49 min by car. So by bus be an hr to hr n 10 min. Now that’s Freedom HS now lol. AC, Hickory, Saint, and even South Caldwell would be an hr or less or a little over. Not too much difference in the Iredell co schools 3A realm. I still say bring em to us. Something different, something cool, something just as far somewhat as some of the other 3As in the area. That’s my rant lol.

We talk bout how good North will be next year or should be with conf champ JV additions and soild underclassmen this year with a good coach leading them but losing Cribb is a pretty big loss. How will they be y’all think?

East Burke never done any better after losing Shatley. I’d just bout have same concern for North unless they got a big body coming back that had some carries this year.

North will be solid next season. Sorous is an athlete. Different style of runner but a good back. Don't know what they are losing on the defensive side. I may be wrong and Don't wanna toot my own horn but I predict the same outcome next season. Maybe not the same order but I see Bandys, North and West top three again next year. Newton could be in the running if they get thier sh@* together but from what I'm hearing alot of turmoil up that way.

How were Cribb's overall numbers this year? Looked like they tried to use him way too much against Bandys. #2 and qb was hitting big chunks on outside. I know Cribb is their man so I understand but I felt if they would have stayed outside it would have been different. Bandys is really weak with any type of speed on the outside. Obviously a lot easier to say this from the stands.

By the way. Hype man/announcer for North gets on your nerves by the end of the game. Haha. Home side, not as big as I would have thought, seemed to enjoy him.

He had good numbers 1119 yds. On 188 carries. Average 6 ypc. Sorous or as y'all refer to him as #2 wasnt far behind with 960 yards at 10 ypc. They have the QB and WR coming back next year also.

North has been in rebuilding mode for almost a decade... we might actually reload next year
He had good numbers 1119 yds. On 188 carries. Average 6 ypc. Sorous or as y'all refer to him as #2 wasnt far behind with 960 yards at 10 ypc. They have the QB and WR coming back next year also.

I agree west.. I predict the same top 3.
We are losing a great back in Cribb.. but have a solid Freshman that might replace or might move One of our other backs into B back.. We will be very solid next year and as fast a team as North Lincoln has ever had. #2 is far easier to say.. You should hear how that name gets butchered throughout the year.

I hear Coach Bazzle runs a mean weight room as well pack did too.. We will also be a strong as we ever have been. A little success can lead to a lot of motivation and the off-season .

And a big congrats to west on at 9 win season. .. School record I think? I hope you guys keep It rollin in the playoffs!

With East Lincoln's win tonight what does everyone think their chances are of possibly sneaking into the playoffs???? Think just maybe theres a chance??? Hoping so!!! And this has been a great thread burkeforreal!!! Thanks for keeping it going this year. And good luck to all the teams from the Southfork conference in the playoffs.

With East Lincoln's win tonight what does everyone think their chances are of possibly sneaking into the playoffs???? Think just maybe theres a chance??? Hoping so!!! And this has been a great thread burkeforreal!!! Thanks for keeping it going this year. And good luck to all the teams from the Southfork conference in the playoffs.
They are on the bubble. I think they will be the last team in

Reactions: Pure7
So to get this forum going again; let's breakdown the South fork 2A in playoffs. Honest opinions with no one getting offended.

#1 Bandys - I think will make it through first round in 2AA provided they Don't face anyone that mirrors thier offence with high precentage of pass plays. Second round will be a struggle for them but could face someone they've already seen just like most of the big 2A. Prediction out in second round.

#2 North Lincoln - have the talent and the coaching to make it through first round provided a good seed which they should get. May have to get thier passing game involved more. Only drawback is the play of #2 (sorous). Everyone has been keyed on Cribbs all season but with sorous' play teams I'm afraid will stack the box and focus on containing him; hence the passing offence needs to pick up. North Lincoln out second round.

#3 West Lincoln - We all know my Alma matter is heavy run. No chance on our passing offence to increase by playoff. We can hammer the ball inside with 3 good backs and a bull of a runner at QB and have a small threat around the end with pendagrass' speed. Defence was strong this year; probably the strongest ever but haven't played a heavy pass offence. Will make it through first round of small 2A depending on seed and draw but will probably struggle in second round. It's hard to say without knowing who you are playing. At least in big 2A you have seen or possibly played against most of the teams in that division. I will be optimistic and say we have a chance but will probably be out second round.

#4 Maiden and #5 East Lincoln - it's gonna be hard for both of these teams to rebound in the playoffs after coming off of a unpredicted season. I think the draw they will receive in the first round will not be favorable. Not enough defence to keep games close. Both out first round.

Sorry no offence to anyone. What's your thoughts?

I believe Bandys will be the only team that advances to the second round. Depends on who everyone draws.

If North draws North Surry as projected then I will take them in that matchup but I don't see any team in this conference going past the second round

I agree somewhat on not going past second round but then again you have to look who is seeded in the top 8. You will have some weak 2nd place finishers in the conference that was seeded. I mean come on foard finished second behind hibriten and will get a high seed for it. Second round will be luck of the draw. Not really but luck of how the brackets are set up. Look at our side somebody from Reidsville conference is gonna take 2nd and everyone but Reidsville in that conference is not very good. Same with Salisburys conference. Some of these teams still have a chance second round depending on how the cards fall.

There is even some third place teams with losing records that will be seeded in the top 8 possibly. The way it's done this year is jacked up.

Cummings finished second in Reidsville conference so they will get a home game I believe. Salisbury will get a home game as well and I think they can be dangerous.

Cummings finished second in Reidsville conference so they will get a home game I believe. Salisbury will get a home game as well and I think they can be dangerous.[/QUOTE
If you finish second it does not guarantee a home game. Last year Newton finished second to Maiden and wound up going to Shelby so just getting a guaranteed spot does not mean you get a home game or atleast it did not last year

They seed conference winners first, then second place teams, and finally the wild cards. The way I understand it is that second place teams have precedent over wildcard teams

Maiden and East if they make it.. out first round.

Bandy’ West And North I think will surprise some teams. I see at least one or two making it to 3rd round. Will depend on draw. Based on games... those 3 teams are very evenly matched and will deliver in playoffs! The team that can contain the speed we will see in later rounds might go on. All 3 offenses will put up points.

North has spent the whole season on right hash.. after tonight we will have another back with speed to come back the other way!

A 4 headed monster will be tough to defend. That should open up the pass.

Our keys..
No turnovers! Good snaps /exchanges.
Beard getting rid of ball under pressure. No big sacks.
Some completions to Brady
The backs will get yards.. key on one.. another will step up.
And get Cribb at linebacker.. and Ty as safety/corner

Wolf, third place teams also in conferences with 10 or more teams then at large teams

Cummings finished second in Reidsville conference so they will get a home game I believe. Salisbury will get a home game as well and I think they can be dangerous.

Salisbury finished 3rd behind Ledford and North Davidson. Doubt they get a home game.

I agree somewhat on not going past second round but then again you have to look who is seeded in the top 8. You will have some weak 2nd place finishers in the conference that was seeded. I mean come on foard finished second behind hibriten and will get a high seed for it. Second round will be luck of the draw. Not really but luck of how the brackets are set up. Look at our side somebody from Reidsville conference is gonna take 2nd and everyone but Reidsville in that conference is not very good. Same with Salisburys conference. Some of these teams still have a chance second round depending on how the cards fall.

Salisbury's conference ( Central Carolina Conference) have 4 teams I think would win the Southfork. Noone would be within 3-4 tds of Ledford or North Davidson. I think Salisbury and Thomasville would be Bandys by double digits.

Not downing the conference. Just stating getting out the 1st round will not be easy, of course depending on the match-up

Reactions: Wolf4Lyfe
Salisbury finished 3rd behind Ledford and North Davidson. Doubt they get a home game.

Salisbury's conference ( Central Carolina Conference) have 4 teams I think would win the Southfork. Noone would be within 3-4 tds of Ledford or North Davidson. I think Salisbury and Thomasville would be Bandys by double digits.

Not downing the conference. Just stating getting out the 1st round will not be easy, of course depending on the match-up
I agree with this statement. Our conference was way down this year and none of these teams played a competitive nonconference schedule. Honestly, Bandys, North, and West will get burned by anyone that has any kind of speed.

Reactions: Champ_24
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT