ADVERTISEMENT

South Fork week 12

The past two years we barely got in with the 16th seed and got hammered by Reidsville last year and hammered by Monroe the year before that lol

Well i see 4 power houses in that one; East rutherford, Brevard, Reidsville and South columbus. It would have been nice to pull anyone other than them lol
Brevard isn't the power house they used to be. They are an extremely average 2A team.

no matter how much you complain about it; its a mute point because you are gonna have to play em sooner or later. so why bother. Just have to play your best and leave everything on the field. No one get the wrong idea here and i know you cant go off of paper stats but you campare apples to apples and the fact that thier defense isnt a shout out defense. Turnovers could play key. There is always a chance.

Just like i preached with the N. Lincoln/Bandys game. We arent gonna stop thier 1200 yd RB; hopefully we can slow him down. Score tit for tat and force a couple turnovers and we will see.

Oh Snap!! North has a shot at Hibriten 2nd round? Well fellas this was short lived. Should North make it to play in Lenior I’d say they’ll move the ball on em but stopping them on D ain’t happening. I assume Hibritens punted the ball only a handful of times all year if that tells ya anything lol.

I’m taking it they’ll be seven seed assuming they lose to Bandys?
Let’s plan on Friday win then hopefully won’t see em until later.... but the top 2 have similar yards to our top 2... but they impressive ypc Bandys and West’s top 2 have more..?

Last edited:
. North was well coached and better prepared for bandys. On a side note, Size and speed dosen't always win. Bazzle is one he!! of a coach. Watched him beat better teams in his days with Newton .He beat South Iredell at South when South was Killing everybody that year. and beat a few really good Bandys teams back when they were rocking other good teams around the area. That JV Team at North is good and only going to get better.

Let’s plan on Friday win then hopefully won’t see em until later.... but the top 2 have similar yards to our top 2... but they impressive ypc Bandys and West’s top 2 have more..?

I sure hope so. Be round 3 seeing Hibriten if you win tomm and win out first 2 rounds getting some easy teams that barley got in. But take it one game at a time. Should you face Hibriten- it’s an honor in and of itself to play them and get that far. Nothing to be scared of or hang your head. Who knows, 2 years from now maybe Hibriten will come into halls place in playoffs and be scared to face North Lincoln ha ha. They losing 21 seniors this year and there’s been times they have big seasons, lose a lot of people and have drag season the next.

Makes you wonder what he would have done with four years starting under his belt. Some of the best athletes have come through Lincolnton but unfortunately they Don't make it any where after high school.
We have had numerous guys over the years that played limited roles that could have been 1,000 yard rushers anywhere else. People believe that the well is getting dry over here but we have a couple kids coming up that have a chance to be mentioned among the greats I have heard.

Reactions: LHSfaninVA
I think the South Fork is nowhere as strong this year as back in the days when Teams like Bandys that Had Chris Douglas and Newton, Maiden with Tommy Henry and all the Sd7 teams were really good those years. I no Chris Douglas Didn't play a lot his junior year (Coach Lowman liked to play his Seniors alot). and then his senior year, Douglas played only about 2 Quarters each game. Coach Lowman pulled Douglas and a lot of his starters at halftime. They had maiden that year 49 to 0 At halftime. Bandys won that game 56 to 6. Coach Lowman was a class act, he never wanted it to be seen like he was running up the score.

I agree 100% that this conference is no where that of the old sd7 and all those teams. I have said it before and I will say it again, this conference is extremely down and Im not sure we have a team in it that will make it to third round.

In the mid 1980’s and late 1990’s, Lincolnton had some bad years and I recall some declaring the end of Lincolnton being a strong program. Mostly, it was people from East Lincoln who wanted to see the end of good football, here. Some were from West, too, and a few from Lincolnton who liked some other sport and wanted it to be dominant rather than football.

I never bought into it and much to the dismay of its detractors, the Wolves bounced back just like they will do this time..

People get irritated, discouraged and impatient when their team doesn’t do well especially when they’re used to winning. Some get mad at the coach, the administration and even city government. I saw “Good Ole Boys”, which is the most loosely and subjective name used in political conversation. Give me a break.
Lincolnton is a great place to live and raise children.
Lincolnton people are friendly, tolerant and tough (when they have to be).

I too hate these seasons when our team is down but unless you’re one of the few teams fortunate enough not to have bad years it’s something we have to put up with.

If anyone reading this is currently on staff or playing for the Wolves please know that I for one thank you sincerely for all your efforts just as much and maybe more than if you were having a stellar season. It’s so much easier to be a part of a winning team than to stick with your team on a bad year.

Also Thanks to long time North Lincoln fan Burkeforreal for keeping this thread going.

All the best to the Knights against Bandys.

Go Wolves

Last edited:
Sorry for not responding last night; had to get ready for the 7 hour trek back today for Friday nigth football. Good topic though. Agreed that the SF 2A isnt as tough as years past including SD7 but it never will be. Football has change and will never be the same. The reason it was so good back in the day is because the boys were men. Football was played like it was supposed to be played; physical. Boys played through being hurt. Remember there is a differance between hurt and injured. I played through a broken thumb my Junior year in 93 ( as a lineman thats tough) and we all have played through concussions. Society and parents are not gonna let that happen anymore. Coaching travel baseball for many years now; parents are the number one cause for these kids being soft. No one wants to get thier feelings hurt anymore. It just is what it is. Do i agree? Hell no. Let em play. Its better football.

As for SF 2A ever being dominate? Will never happen. Shelby, South Point, Mallard Creek, Hough and the list goes on have one thing we will never have..... the ability to draw kids in from other districts. It has happened around here a few times but not enough to build a dynasty. The best lincoln county team ever in my opinion was 1993 wolves. That was a year full of athletes all from lincoln county. Do i agree with kids jumping ship? Absolutely I do. I know i will get some push back here but think about it. As parents we always want to see our kids do better than we did. I grew up in the West Lincoln era that could care less about your future after football. We were work horses and that was it. We teach our kids to be flexible and do what they have to do to be successful in life. The military has taught me many things over the years but one sticks. Be flexible, never get too comfortable and adapt and overcome. Sometimes you have to take a chance to get what you want. For alot of kids it is moving on to a better football program. That may be for playing time, it may be for better off season program, it may be for more caring coaches, or it just may be to get more exposure in a winning program. My son wouldnt move for the simple fact of Rebel Pride and is ok with a possibility of D2 or D3 because hes been taught grades and education first. I am very proud of him, he has already surpassed his old dad. He carries a 4.35 right now and i am as tickled about that as his athletics.

Bottom line we just have to accept the fact that our kids are as good as anybody on that field. As a team we may struggle because we dont have all the transfers that everyone else does but by god we gonna hit em and hit em hard. I tell my players in baseball; they put there pants on the same way in the mornings; they are not superman and everyone has a weakness. Play smarter. play harder and be happy with yourself.

Not to mention that schools in this are are still playing iron man football. Kids going both ways. Hell my son comes off the field on PAT and thats it. you gotta do what you gotta do. then half your basketball team and wrestling team is on the football team. Same for baseball. Makes it real hard to focus on one sport like the bigger schools but hey you only go through high school once. DO IT ALL!!!!

ok playoff savvy people. Us West lincoln dont know much about this lol. From my research and trying to figure this out..... If Brevard loses to Pisgah tonight that will drop them to third in the conference and no longer having an automatic bid. They will still get in at third place in the conference with a 8-3 overall record and 3-2 conference. would that not drop them out of the top 8 or at least lower than us? I cant see a conference with 5 teams having a higher strength rating than one with 8? Does this sound right? right now they are ranked two spots ahead of us in the adjusted rankings by only 1 point.

not even one point. its .2630. us and East Rutherford should advance up after hopefully two winns tonight and we wiould be the only two teams in the top 8 with a 9-2 record. Eastern Randolph would be 9-2 with a win but they fell way down after last ranking.

west Which one is your boy? My son did summer workouts with Coach Mack and a few boys from West a few years back. Also know a few from BB and track?

So before I say who he is. He is in no shape way or form involved in this forum and doesn't condone my behavior lol. He is 17 Chandler Carpenter

I figured your boy was Jake when you mentioned baseball and workouts with mack

Lincolnton, you are right we will bounce back and it can be tough to deal with a season like this when we have been so fortunate and spoiled over the years. One thing that tickles me to death is that we are starting to see some former players come back to the program whether it be coaching or just helping out on the side when they can. I am a firm believer that having guys coaching that have been through the system and experience success is critical to the upcoming groups to understand the tradition and expectations that we have as well as cultivating the next generation of leaders. I attended the jv game a couple weeks ago and noticed that we have several former players back on the sidelines helping which is fantastic to see. Also went to the middle school game at Burns and noticed that a former player is back and helping out down there which is awesome. All of these guys have experienced success playing and had the opportunity to play in a state title game which is invaluable experience that will serve our kids in the program well. I am thankful for the coaching staff that we have and the time and effort they put in for these kids even when we hit a rough year.

ok playoff savvy people. Us West lincoln dont know much about this lol. From my research and trying to figure this out..... If Brevard loses to Pisgah tonight that will drop them to third in the conference and no longer having an automatic bid. They will still get in at third place in the conference with a 8-3 overall record and 3-2 conference. would that not drop them out of the top 8 or at least lower than us? I cant see a conference with 5 teams having a higher strength rating than one with 8? Does this sound right? right now they are ranked two spots ahead of us in the adjusted rankings by only 1 point.
I think Brevard gets a home playoff game even if they lose. Max prep ratings are the kicker here and I believe they are ranked higher than you guys. For some reason the Mountain Six is highly regarded this season.

They are ranked higher right now by .2630 but should fall more than that following a lose tonight right?

They are ranked higher right now by .2630 but should fall more than that following a lose tonight right?
They should but not by much. Depends on what happens elsewhere and remember that Pisgah is ranked extremely high so margin of victory may play a factor in the ranking process.

It's hard to fathom a conference with 5 teams would pull 3 home playoff games when the third place team is an at large bid

It's hard to fathom a conference with 5 teams would pull 3 home playoff games when the third place team is an at large bid
I agree but its how the system works. Also depends who goes small or big as well as who goes east or west

Only other channels we got I think is if ER loses and I Don't think that will happen

Salisbury very well could lose their next two games and that may put you guys with a home game. Remember, we take a week off before the playoffs start.

Yeah but if Salisbury still finishes third that's an auto bid in a 10 team conference. They would place them above us because of auto bid

Correct. But also factor in the rankings. The other side of the bracket is much more favorable for west to get their first playoff win than going to ER.

True, Don't want ER first round although the players are very optimistic lol. We surpassed Shelby vs. SP forum woohoo lol

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT