ADVERTISEMENT

South Fork week 12

I am not looking forward to an ER draw. Though I have seen some highlights on them and judging by the paper stats they do give up quiet a few points. They will be tough to stop defensively just for the simple fact West historically slower than everyone else. We have overcome that this year with aggressive play and not allowing any teams to get outside the tackles effectively. We have allowed the fewest points this year in our conference and 119 yards away from two 1000 yard rusher again this year. Nonetheless; ER will be tough but alot os of things can change in two more weeks. The east side of the state where a few of our bracket is coming from is still a week behind. As for North; we can talk about thier defence all day long until we're blur in the face and it isn't gonna matter. They have to score tit for tat or they will not have a chance. I hate to say that but it's the truth. Good luck to them men.

Then 7-6 was good enough to stop a "potent, high scoring offense" like West Lincoln. You can have 1000 yard rushers out the wazzu, but if they can't get the ball in the endzone, then you wind up with 1000 yard rushers and no "W." West out in first round if you draw ER. In fact, the entire South Fork should be out of the playoffs by Round 2.

No argument there about development. Now everyone was high on Jones at the first of the season. What happened? Dollar is a tremendous athlete. We will agree to disagree on D1 football. No matter how things are going with your season you have to finish what you started to the best of your ability.

NM; never said it wasn't good enough. North played us a great game. To be honest the best defensive gmae anyone played against us all season. I'm just saying the ball bounces a different way it's a different ball game. Not taking North glory away from them. They played us the best any team played us all year with the exception of Bandys.

All I am saying is that college coaches don't care about stats. Prime example, there was a kid on one of our really great teams that wasn't a star by any means but got a division one offer because he was a 6'2 corner with long arms and good speed. It's about how well your skills can translate to that level of competition, not how many yards or touchdowns you have.

Howard is no where near the athlete that Shatley was imo. He is a solid high school full back and runs hard but pretty slow. Out of all the teams I have seen in this conference Dollar from East is the only legit D1 talent I have seen and he just committed to play basketball at Lees McCrae.

Shatley was big, strong, athletic and for his size extremely fast. He could play pretty much any sport and almost every position on the field and been good at it or somewhat good even if it was soccer lol. All around talent, one you’ll rarely see.

If Howard is slow then that might limit him on offers. May get on at LR or possibly WCarolina or something. Man it’s time for some kickoff Friday night. I’m sure if North can score on every drive and cause a turnover or 2 they got this. And have no turnovers themselves. If the Bandys team shows up that played Hickory, North has a nice chance. Hickory though got Bandys on passing and then shooting themselves in the foot with penalties. Line must not be THAT good if they’re holding all the time ha ha

Shatley was big, strong, athletic and for his size extremely fast. He could play pretty much any sport and almost every position on the field and been good at it or somewhat good even if it was soccer lol. All around talent, one you’ll rarely see.

If Howard is slow then that might limit him on offers. May get on at LR or possibly WCarolina or something. Man it’s time for some kickoff Friday night. I’m sure if North can score on every drive and cause a turnover or 2 they got this. And have no turnovers themselves. If the Bandys team shows up that played Hickory, North has a nice chance. Hickory though got Bandys on passing and then shooting themselves in the foot with penalties. Line must not be THAT good if they’re holding all the time ha ha
I saw Shatley play on multiple occasions and the Howard kid isn't even in the same conversation as him athletically. I do believe he can play at LR or another D2 program but it won't be at running back. As for the game Friday, I am trying to decide between going or making the trip up 321 to watch my Wolves finish the season out. There will be alot of people in Pumpkin Center Friday night.

Holding, cut blocking, chopping and holding ankles. Honestly, if they have a good officiating crew; this one may come down to that lol. So burke who was that qb last year? Was he a senior last year. There is no way this year's qb was the same one from last year.

Holding, cut blocking, chopping and holding ankles. Honestly, if they have a good officiating crew; this one may come down to that lol. So burke who was that qb last year? Was he a senior last year. There is no way this year's qb was the same one from last year.

For East Burke? I have no clue man lol. I went to one game last year and they were terrible. You might be talking bout Fulbright. He got hurt I believe.

Enough on Bandys and North lol. We all can agree itsitthe game of the season. We all have ties to each school. East and Newton? Viewpoints, comments, what. I won't even bring west into this because if we lose I'm going to hide under a rock.

East and Newton will be an interesting game. If Newton wins they're in and if East wins they will have a chance, a slim one, but a chance. I think I will go with Newton. East's offense is almost just as bad as ours.

I've said it before after have played both; i feel like both teams have given up. every one of newtons players were sitting down on the bench or on tables on the sideline 8 minutes left in 4th quarter against us. East wasnt that bad but just by thier body language; walking around on field, not hustling when the ball is away from you; i feel as though East is kinda ready for a state run at basketball. you are right, toss up. who wants another week of football and who wants to pump up the basketballs?

I’m sure it’s not same QB man. East Burke needs a major overall otherwise they’re gonna be like Highland Tech/West Caldwell for next few years or so.

What position does Dollar play? He a RB?

Don’t worry leave the rock alone. You won’t lose. LNC couldn’t do anything with Draughn or EB let alone you guys lol

Poor LNC. Trust me i know how it feels to have a season like that. Wasnt too long ago West was in the same position. 4 wins last year wasnt great and felt horrible. I really feel for those guys.

Wolf correct me if Im wrong but wasnt Chase jones the QB last year when Cameron Dollar had a big year?

While were on the subject of East, I have no clue how they are this bad offensively with the receivers they got and can't find a qb in that school. Heck, number 1, who is a Lincolnton kid, is just as impressive looking as Dollar is.

I'm thinking about parks last year. Chase Jones had 1400 yds passing last year.

Hey Wolf you said you saw Shatley play, did you come to ICard in 2007 when they played Independence? Monster crowd, lost by 2 TDs against the Charlotte all stars. Shatley was their only hope in that game and they all knew it.

That’s how Tom Knotts teams are. He can come to LNC and have them state champs in 2 years or so - of course you know as well as I do it’ll be a witches pot of players: 5 South Iredell boys, a pinch of North Iredell, 7 Statesville, a tea spoon of mooresvlle, a bat wing of Lake Norman, (witch laugh afterwards)

Yeah you get the picture lol

Yes they had Parks and Mikivi last season who saw a bigger role. Also, 5, Johnson is a Lincolnton guy as well I believe. They have some talent at receiver but no qb.

Someone said Graham has a full ride somewhere? What does he play now? MICS has no stats listed for him hardly

Hey Wolf you said you saw Shatley play, did you come to ICard in 2007 when they played Independence? Monster crowd, lost by 2 TDs against the Charlotte all stars. Shatley was their only hope in that game and they all knew it.

That’s how Tom Knotts teams are. He can come to LNC and have them state champs in 2 years or so - of course you know as well as I do it’ll be a witches pot of players: 5 South Iredell boys, a pinch of North Iredell, 7 Statesville, a tea spoon of mooresvlle, a bat wing of Lake Norman, (witch laugh afterwards)

Yeah you get the picture lol
I did not get to make it to the independence game due to my wolves being on the road during our state championship run that season. Saw them play against Freedom I believe it was, I can't exactly remember.

If East had not lost Graham to MICS and Jalen Frazier, who is committed to NC State, to Hough, they would be in the running for a title run.

I did not get to make it to the independence game due to my wolves being on the road during our state championship run that season. Saw them play against Freedom I believe it was, I can't exactly remember.

You must like to see a few good games at other schools if the Lincolnton is good and is playing an easy opponent that night

You must like to see a few good games at other schools if the Lincolnton is good and is playing an easy opponent that night
I travel a good bit for work but when I can I try to go to good games in the area if we are playing someone like LNC and a good game lines up with it. Having a hard time deciding if I want to head to Pumpkin Center Friday night or head up to Maiden since its a rivalry game. Heck, wouldn't mind seeing Shelby and South Point this friday either.

Alright so now we are to Lincolnton and Maiden. I know we have a Maiden fan here but I feel like Maiden may be finished with this season also. I do feel like this week they will have a change of heart. Same for Lincolnton. This is a big game for each considering the Seniors Don't want to go out on a losing note. Alot of pride between those teams. I think Lincolntons speed on defense is gonna be too much for maiden. Good game though I think. What's everyone else think.

They won the game. We lost the game.

There was no defensive stunt. Simply overpursued motion and linebackers got burned for 99. It happens. But yes one play can make or break a game. Can’t remember what happened on extra point though..missed or blocked?

As for Dollar great young athlete that will reach a much higher level in a sport other than football. His 1 hand catches in warmup are very impressive but I did not see that translate to the field. Of course could be qb too. He was not on team last year.

I agree with you North fan on dollar. Truth about the 99. Sorous had a great run, not taking that away from him. He is another tremendous three sport athlete and very fast but defensive lineman did shoot the wrong gap and blocked the inside linebacker. Opposite side linebacker did over pursue following Cribb. He even admitted that play got him because that was the only play that Cribb went opposite way of ball. Nonetheless; great run our screw up no matter how you categorize it (over pursue) still a mistake on our part and a good play on yours.

Cribb’s had several more offers that would have been coming but he committed early to West Point. Why wait for second or third choice to offer when first choice already has.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT