ADVERTISEMENT

South Fork week 12

Looks like maiden will be going small 2A along with North Surry and maybe Bandys. Can't find out if there is a definitive number that determines big from small

im Not sure how they form the conference so can even guess at that. Does a school get opportunity to say no? Or are they told by state this is your conference??

North got punished in old 3a4a conference... not looking forward to that again.

Not looking fwd to that either but North didn’t have the team they got now back then either. My strongest suggestion and I hope coaches and ADs read these things and I believe they do is go NW4A/3A. They match well with these schools and they’re not overwhelmingly hard to compete with. South would rule in baseball, ACentral in softball, Freedom in basketball, looking like Watauga and AC in football but it wouldn’t be like it was for North in the Iredell conference area. Makes gate sales reasonable cause if your in conference with Shelby Crest etc who wants all that. Harder, longer distance, etc. NW4A/3A is the way to go. It’s different from what they had anyway and breaks up the same ole thing.

[u="West17, post: 523987, member: 15502"]Looks like maiden will be going small 2A along with North Surry and maybe Bandys. Can't find out if there is a definitive number that determines big from small[/QUOTE]

Saw a predicted cut at 836-838.. that prediction had you 13 in 2AA

Yes fun fun. We will see what we are made of. Not anticipating spreading seas but hey it's a challenge.

Why is West #13? They are 3rd in conference and higher rated than Salisbury? Shouldn’t they be #12? Or is conference size coming into play?

Why is West #13? They are 3rd in conference and higher rated than Salisbury? Shouldn’t they be #12? Or is conference size coming into play?
Conference size must be coming into play. Also, nobody expected the possibility of Bandys dropping

Lol, you know it's a mute point now. We just gotta play ball. Shelby, hibriten, south point, Pisgah hell bring em on lol.

If things hold as is North and Smoky will be a great matchup. Very similar except Smoky runs the spread I believe.

So I take it Shelby is a heavy pass team. How's thier defense against the run?

I believe West or North could be someone’s spoiler. They aren’t the kind of teams West and North typically have.

So I take it Shelby is a heavy pass team. How's thier defense against the run?
They will spread you out and if the qb gets time he will pick you apart. Shifty receivers on the outside that are lightening quick and they have a good shifty back that is hard to get ahold of. Their defense overall is pretty dang good. SP had some success early but only was able to bust two or three big ones on them. Their defense is fast and have massive linebackers. One is committed to State and the other is Dax little brother.

Reactions: blkgolddynasty
Are the brackets out or they projected brackets til Saturday?

Also I’m amazed at 8 pages. This post unites all teams instead of posting individual conference games cause their won’t be much talk if it’s individual. Kinda like when Highland tech was playing Newton. Wow, not much to say bout that. Shoulda had a conf post as a whole and that woulda been incorporated. We should do this from now on.

Ok so tell me if I wrong here but I think there is a discrepancy in the projected playoffs. Reidsville is listed as 2A west while Cummings and carrboro is listed going 2AA east. It's the same conference how can one go west and the other two go east?

Pisgah be a great game if they can get past Smokey. Don’t see them winning but at least they ain’t getting hit by the Hibriten train.

Tough season for my wolves, all we can do is regroup and get ready for next season. Congrats to the Blue Devils on a hard fought victory and good luck in the playoffs.

Also will anyone help me out on if North going to NW4A/3A is logical as opposed to just falling back to Iredell schools again.

Northfan, Wolf, NM88, chime in on this one. Are they closer to those schools than Hickory, Freedom, Saint, ACentral, South Caldwell??

North is much closer to Iredell schools. North Iredell would be a trip up I-77, with the worst part battling the Hwy150 traffic to get to I77. If the Rowan schools stay in that conference, then that would pose a travel problem time-wise. Then there's Alexander Central, who could be pulled back into the Iredell conference with North and East Lincoln. The Rowan schools would move out. That in turn would create an interesting conference....but no one knows the strange interworkings of the NCHSAA's brain....

Would for sure make more sense for both North and East to be with the Iredell County schools rather than going to Hickory and Freedom. I would say that both are a lock to go 3A next realignment especially with the rapid growth in the Denver area. There are plans to build another elementary school in the eastern end of the county because of the influx of up and coming developments being built. While were on the topic, it won't happen next realignment but I could see us dropping to 1A within the next 10 years if people continue to move like they are. A long shot, but possible.

Would for sure make more sense for both North and East to be with the Iredell County schools rather than going to Hickory and Freedom. I would say that both are a lock to go 3A next realignment especially with the rapid growth in the Denver area. There are plans to build another elementary school in the eastern end of the county because of the influx of up and coming developments being built. While were on the topic, it won't happen next realignment but I could see us dropping to 1A within the next 10 years if people continue to move like they are. A long shot, but possible.

It's not as long a shot as you think. With the continued drops in enrollment forecasted, the only way to keep L-Town 2A will be redistricting to take numbers from North, and I see this happening. Neither North nor East can expand their facilities, so expect a fifth high school in the next decade. My job is in real estate development, so I do have some insight in that area.

It's not as long a shot as you think. With the continued drops in enrollment forecasted, the only way to keep L-Town 2A will be redistricting to take numbers from North, and I see this happening. Neither North nor East can expand their facilities, so expect a fifth high school in the next decade. My job is in real estate development, so I do have some insight in that area.
Could you see the city possibly annexing neighborhoods up 150 and out towards the airport? my biggest fear is if Denver becomes incorporated then there is no reason for people to want to move to Lincolnton or do business. I do know that the city population is on a slow decline and families moving to the county prefer Denver because there is more to do and closer to Huntersville, Charlotte. I have argued for a long time that lines need to be redrawn because of overpopulation in North and East schools. When North Lincoln was built the lines that were drawn took away a big chunk of kids that would otherwise go to Lincolnton.

Wont be another high school built, cost will be too much, EL will not go next realignment, NL a high possibility. I believe a very small chance they redraw lines but is a possibility. Continue on. By the way gr8 job by NL athletes and coaches as well as WL. I do agree with Wolf though concerning the playoffs, but heck you never know. Good luck

Well guys I hate to say it but I believe the days of SD7 and SF 2A are coming to an end. It's really sad. When I was in school I suffered a many ass whoopings at the hands of maiden Lincolnton and East Lincoln as with the majority of West Lincoln graduates. North Lincoln is like our adopted brothers since they weren't around for SD7 but still are loved. No matter how many whoopings we took we kept comin back for more. Those were the games you looked forward to every year. Long lasting rivalries but friends. It will be missed because I think maiden is close to 1A.

Well guys I hate to say it but I believe the days of SD7 and SF 2A are coming to an end. It's really sad. When I was in school I suffered a many ass whoopings at the hands of maiden Lincolnton and East Lincoln as with the majority of West Lincoln graduates. North Lincoln is like our adopted brothers since they weren't around for SD7 but still are loved. No matter how many whoopings we took we kept comin back for more. Those were the games you looked forward to every year. Long lasting rivalries but friends. It will be missed because I think maiden is close to 1A.
If I remember correctly I think Maiden may have more students than we do. Like I said, 10 years from now we very well could be 1A

Yeah, I was just adding maiden in there because they are on steady decline as well. We lost 20 this year. But at least we have 3 1/2 elementary schools feeding us but rumor has it the new Lincoln charter high school will be built on highway 27 in the lincolton/west lincoln area that will hurt both of us, especially if they pick up football.

Yeah, I was just adding maiden in there because they are on steady decline as well. We lost 20 this year. But at least we have 3 1/2 elementary schools feeding us but rumor has it the new Lincoln charter high school will be built on highway 27 in the lincolton/west lincoln area that will hurt both of us, especially if they pick up football.
I don't believe they will pick up football. The charter school down on the east end is by far the more superior campus.

Well from what I was told by a faculty member is that when the new high school happens the both will be combined as far as sports go and one of the two will be bused to the other location everyday

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT