ADVERTISEMENT

South Fork Athletic Conference

Only challenge til playoffs Newton has is East. Maiden may hang around and make it interesting since it’s a rival game but Newton all the way and too seed. Will give them and Hibriten both home games and easy opponents first round. I hope the two can meet again but I’m sure Shelby, SP, and NDavidison will have something to say bout it.

Still can’t believe North puts up their numbers and goes to sleep 2nd half. I’m just curious what in the world is going on down there.

Reactions: N-C Red Devils
The fourth week of conference play and we have ourselves another four important matchups for several teams. How do you see this week ending with:

Bandys @ East Lincoln
Lincolnton @ West Lincoln
Maiden @ North Lincoln
Newton-Conover @ Lake Norman Charter

Come on don’t get me started ha ha, ok here it goes and pretty predictable::

East will handle business. Just a down year for Bandys. Alot of youth on this East team, should give Newton a fit next year and contend with them and Lincolnton for a while. Of course Maiden you never know. But for the here and now- East takes this one by 28

Lincolnton even though down will be too athletic to let West slip one by em’. West can’t handle speed.

North keeps it close in 1st half maybe but defense lets down and offense slips away and could come down to only a 10 to 14 pt Maiden victory. Maiden has had their number no matter how good or improved North has gotten. I’m not sure if North has even beat Maiden before. Won’t be Friday as I’m sure they are licking their wombs and saying forget it. I hope not and they come out fired up and play all 4 quarters. This team came within 4 pts of ACentral who is in the run of their 1st conf championship. So gee, when will this team finish against a decent opponent??? They’ve got it in em’ they’ve shown that, but a run(whatever is left in them) will have to begin NOW. I’m telling ya losing a good QB is costly for a team like North.

Newton should practice some playoff pass plays to prep up for the big dance and set starters out after 1st quarter. No comment on this game. LNC is just not a power. Not this year anyway. Stinson is a senior i believe? I hope his underclass backup will be just as strong next year. They’ll need one to keep this conf run going.

The only key games i find interesting this week is: Lincolnton/West Lincoln and Maiden/North Lincoln

NL game is key. The boys can still tie for 2nd if they win out except with Newton and WL loses more and East loses to Maiden. Day and night from last year on last weeks Newton game

NL game is key. The boys can still tie for 2nd if they win out except with Newton and WL loses more and East loses to Maiden. Day and night from last year on last weeks Newton game
Something is telling me that North will beat Maiden this week...

Something is telling me that North will beat Maiden this week...

Not saying they will but they are fully capable. Most losses came in 4th quarter by only a score and against decent playoff bound teams. They were much better than West Lincoln, I’m telling ya. Just played the worst defense I’ve ever seen a team play in a good while.

Not saying they will but they are fully capable. Most losses came in 4th quarter by only a score and against decent playoff bound teams. They were much better than West Lincoln, I’m telling ya. Just played the worst defense I’ve ever seen a team play in a good while.
Let me know if you make it to the N-C vs N. Lincoln game because we can finally meet in person. It will be homecoming for Newton.

I can see them winning next 3 of 4 games. We definitely want them to beating Maiden though.

If Maiden has anything flashy in the backfield it’s a wrap for North. I dunno, maybe that guy looked good against LNC. Of course everyone looks good against LNC lol so that could be a big hoax. If North didn’t have an answer for WL backfield who is decent but Newton completely shut those 2 down, then I don’t know what they’re gonna do against Maiden. I expect a shootout. I may go to the game, I may be at a revival. Hadn’t decided yet. I hadn’t been to but one North game and one EB game so hadn’t really been getting out like I used to and since it’s a done deal when North plays Newton I def won’t be there ha ha. I’m a competitive gamer and go we’re the stacks are high and teams bout evenly matched. I really wanted to see Freedom and AC last week. I was occupied. AC beat Freedom so that made North look that much better cause they coulda beat them earlier in their nonconf matchup with them.

Makes me mad for a team that’s just THIS close yet so far away ha ha. Makes it worse when their best shot is THIS year unless they can work up a good qb for next year and the standouts that transfered in don’t up and leave.

The go
If Maiden has anything flashy in the backfield it’s a wrap for North. I dunno, maybe that guy looked good against LNC. Of course everyone looks good against LNC lol so that could be a big hoax. If North didn’t have an answer for WL backfield who is decent but Newton completely shut those 2 down, then I don’t know what they’re gonna do against Maiden. I expect a shootout. I may go to the game, I may be at a revival. Hadn’t decided yet. I hadn’t been to but one North game and one EB game so hadn’t really been getting out like I used to and since it’s a done deal when North plays Newton I def won’t be there ha ha. I’m a competitive gamer and go we’re the stacks are high and teams bout evenly matched. I really wanted to see Freedom and AC last week. I was occupied. AC beat Freedom so that made North look that much better cause they coulda beat them earlier in their nonconf matchup with them.

Makes me mad for a team that’s just THIS close yet so far away ha ha. Makes it worse when their best shot is THIS year unless they can work up a good qb for next year and the standouts that transfered in don’t up and leave.
The good news is that North can give a good team with a high seeding a fit in the first round.

I just feel like Maiden has enough offense to keep NL at bay - Mayfield is very dangerous and Williams as well. If NL has struggled defensively against much less potent offenses I see Maiden having a field day. I'd be lying if I said I didn't want Maiden undefeated coming into the newton game but we will see.

Bandys/EL: I believe last weeks game against NL may have given EL some confidence on offense so Im interested to see how they respond coming off a high emotion game like that. I think Bandys will hang around for a quarter or so but EL should easily win this one.
Lincolnton/West Lincoln: Im interested to see how our defense does against a ground and pound team like WL, they have some decent speed unlike years past at the RB position. I expect Tyshaun Harris to have another big game running the football for us. I think this will be a close game but im gonna go with my Wolves in a close one.
Maiden/NL: Its gonna be interesting to see how NL responds after the meltdown against EL. Maiden has some impressive playmakers and will give NL fits with their speed. NL defense is pretty bad so I see Maiden having a field day on them, Maiden by two scores.
LNC/NC: not much to be said about this one, NC by as much as they want and then some.

Bandys/EL: I believe last weeks game against NL may have given EL some confidence on offense so Im interested to see how they respond coming off a high emotion game like that. I think Bandys will hang around for a quarter or so but EL should easily win this one.
Lincolnton/West Lincoln: Im interested to see how our defense does against a ground and pound team like WL, they have some decent speed unlike years past at the RB position. I expect Tyshaun Harris to have another big game running the football for us. I think this will be a close game but im gonna go with my Wolves in a close one.
Maiden/NL: Its gonna be interesting to see how NL responds after the meltdown against EL. Maiden has some impressive playmakers and will give NL fits with their speed. NL defense is pretty bad so I see Maiden having a field day on them, Maiden by two scores.
LNC/NC: not much to be said about this one, NC by as much as they want and then some.

Yeah, the last comment you made. I’d say this game is a eye roller for Beam and rest of team but they have to play the game and each other since it’s conference. Smart thing to do, practice up a few 2 min offensive plays in first quarter then pull the starters before 1 quarter is even over. Can’t afford injuries, they can lilterally be playing a pee wee team and a star player twist an ankle somehow LOL.

06’ While coaching NL, Beam has Hopkins still in game against BCity(I think that was the game, I could be wrong), his business to do so I dunno, but they were already winning big and Hopkins gets hurt. Still always been a good coach I ain’t knocking em for anything. If any of y’all remember Trent Hopkins that was prob the best QB Beam ever coached, if he wasn’t I’d be surprised. Yes, given anybody can go out on any play. No play is promised injury free to any player nor any body in this world promised tomorrow. You have to play the game I know but a game like this I’d be extra careful with the stars. Just my two cents.

Last edited:
Yeah, the last comment you made. I’d say this game is a eye roller for Beam and rest of team but they have to play the game and each other since it’s conference. Smart thing to do, practice up a few 2 min offensive plays in first quarter then pull the starters before 1 quarter is even over. Can’t afford injuries, they can lilterally be playing a pee wee team and a star player twist an ankle somehow LOL.

06’ While coaching NL, Beam has Hopkins still in game against BCity(I think that was the game, I could be wrong), his business to do so I dunno, but they were already winning big and Hopkins gets hurt. If any of y’all remember Trent Hopkins that was prob the best QB Beam ever coached, if he wasn’t I’d be surprised. Yes, given anybody can go out on any play. No play is promised injury free to any player nor any body in this world promised tomorrow. You have to play the game I know but a game like this I’d be extra careful with the stars. Just my two cents.

Also any team that has speed will give NL fits ha ha. Just for comical relieve, I still can’t figure out as bad as they are and how they are the worst EB team in History(possibly) how East Burke beat WL

He play for Burns? Think I remember that name

Someone like Hopkins was good for the NL community. They rarely see a big time standout at North at any position. After so many years they get a star wideout but when the Ws aren’t coming then it’s gotta be discouraging.

Yes Littlejohn was at Burns. He went to WCU with Darius Ramsey to play both football and basketball. But yeah I remember watching Hopkins and Kenny Raymer, two really good athletes its a shame Hopkins never got to go to Duke and play

Yes Littlejohn was at Burns. He went to WCU with Darius Ramsey to play both football and basketball. But yeah I remember watching Hopkins and Kenny Raymer, two really good athletes its a shame Hopkins never got to go to Duke and play

God had other plans. Hopkins is a minister now so I can see how it all fell into play. Didn’t know he had an offer from Duke that’s pretty cool.

East is leading Bandys 10-7 with 16 seconds to go in the half, Lincolnton is up 14-12 against west, Maiden is up 14-0 at the half

Lincolnton gets the win against west 35-20. Tyreke Hollis and Terrell McClain played one heckuva game. Not sure if 5 wins will get us in the playoffs but we may sneak in

We will enter the fifth week of conference play and there are potential playoff spots up for grabs. Which teams will stand up and establish themselves as contenders, and on the other side can we identify those pretenders whom will most likely be on the outside looking in as their postseason aspirations go up in smoke.

West Lincoln @ Bandys
Lake Norman Charter @ Lincolnton
East Lincoln @ Maiden
North Lincoln @ Newton-Conover

After seeing North Friday night I think they’re back to reality. Just alittle better than past few years

Only game here that matters as far as conference standing is East vs Maiden. If East can put together 2 solid halfs of football instead of 1 so so half and then a solid second half this could be a very interesting game. Figure Maiden will be a 2 score favorite so East defense has to play solid and not give up big plays like the North game. As far as state playoffs if East wins this game I think they are in no problem. A loss and they must beat West to end season with 6-4 record assuming N-C beats East. Would love to see East win out and it is possible. Maiden and N-C are a lock for making states and if L- Town wins out they are in with 6-4 record.

Losing Stinson will hurt but if you have seen Newton play you know they have plenty of skill players and they should be fine. From what I heard he can come back 4 games from now but I'm just speculating I do not know the facts. I guess we will see soon enough. It will make things interesting but I do not see Newton losing a game in conference.

In this conf this year? Losing, no way. It’s not as weak as Hibritens but still stronger. Maiden will be only real test

I think stinson going out will hurt. He's been the work horse of the team for years now. Losing a impact player like this will hurt the run game. No back on newtons team can carry the load like stinson. If they could then someone would have shared this load. I think this plays in our (maiden's) favor not having to tackle that load all night.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT