ADVERTISEMENT

South Fork Athletic Conference

Trust me there are 4-5 other kids that can run the ball at Newton - are they all bruisers? No. Can they successfully run the ball? ABSOLUTELY - A different style of running can still be effective. No one player has dominated the stat lines for Newton all year so far, so I firmly believe that we'll be ok.

Reactions: Burkeforreal
Trust me there are 4-5 other kids that can run the ball at Newton - are they all bruisers? No. Can they successfully run the ball? ABSOLUTELY - A different style of running can still be effective. No one player has dominated the stat lines for Newton all year so far, so I firmly believe that we'll be ok.

Glad to see Newton can spread the load and be ok. East Burke’s case back in 07’ 08’ they relied way too much on Shatley. If he went down pretty much the whole team fell and fell hard. Same sorta thing when West Caldwell had Tucker.

Newton-Conover's stinson suspended from team will make the rest of their season interesting
@ Jesuddre, IMO this is a disrespectful and tasteless act to publicly post in here regardless of the truth of this matter. You could have easily stated: "without Newton's star running back ... " and still got across your message without directly calling out names.

Reactions: red devil knight
It would seem if the Newton kid failed the drug test he want be back n the High School Association should pull of there wins this season!

Ok sorry if I hurt your feelings but clearly everyone knows who y’all “star” running back is, if I didn’t say the name they could clearly look up who it is cause the rest of your team hasn’t rushed the ball much so let’s not sugar coat things.. he has 19 touchdowns with 97 carries and 1000+ yards I think the next running back has touched the ball maybe 6x. So the offense will miss the young Man and I wish him the best but like I said when y’all play us y’all will miss him clearly. So be prepared for #3 and the rest of our crew cause it’s gunna be a long night and it dam sure ain’t no guaranteed. but we gunna focus on east then y’all can come on down to Maiden and get that azz kicked cause it don’t matter who’s in the back field we eating regardless

Ok sorry if I hurt your feelings but clearly everyone knows who y’all “star” running back is, if I didn’t say the name they could clearly look up who it is cause the rest of your team hasn’t rushed the ball much so let’s not sugar coat things.. he has 19 touchdowns with 97 carries and 1000+ yards I think the next running back has touched the ball maybe 6x. So the offense will miss the young Man and I wish him the best but like I said when y’all play us y’all will miss him clearly. So be prepared for #3 and the rest of our crew cause it’s gunna be a long night and it dam sure ain’t no guaranteed. but we gunna focus on east then y’all can come on down to Maiden and get that azz kicked cause it don’t matter who’s in the back field we eating regardless
Im gonna put it to you like this ... i don't know you from atom but if you are an adult or have children that participate in sports, how would you feel about YOUR child's name being posted in a public forum? Im not coming across in this manner because I'm a Newton fan, im coming across in a responsible one because this teenager has parents, family members and friends that can be negatively effected by the words that YOU chose to post in here.

Last edited:
It’s HILARIOUS to see someone from Maiden beating their chest about his “crew”!! Hahaha! Was that the same “crew” that struggled with Foard or was in a fight with West Lincoln... oh ok. Just checking. Like someone told you in another thread, worry about your team and and not our backfield because we’ll be just fine and next Friday you’ll see just how many weapons Newton Conover has!!

Reactions: N-C Red Devils
My child participates in sports and if his name was on here, I would not mind as long as it is the truth. I told no lies and if you go back and look you will see there were other posts about him. The kid made a mistake and I hope the best for him as I said in my earlier post, but facts are facts. Y'all will miss him in your offense clearly, so lets not get butt hurt and petty. Foard was a easy win where you at the same game I was?? and West Lincoln was a botched game by the refs. Not beating my chest but facts are facts, A win is a win and a loss is a loss. So like I said we are gonna prepare for east and let yall prepare for North, and next week yall can stroll on down to Maiden and get some..

My child participates in sports and if his name was on here, I would not mind as long as it is the truth. I told no lies and if you go back and look you will see there were other posts about him. The kid made a mistake and I hope the best for him as I said in my earlier post, but facts are facts. Y'all will miss him in your offense clearly, so lets not get butt hurt and petty. Foard was a easy win where you at the same game I was?? and West Lincoln was a botched game by the refs. Not beating my chest but facts are facts, A win is a win and a loss is a loss. So like I said we are gonna prepare for east and let yall prepare for North, and next week yall can stroll on down to Maiden and get some..

Lets agree to disagree because I had kids that participated in sports and as a parent I would not like or appreciate his or her name plastered in a public forum in such a negative way regardless of the validity of the topic. But you on the other hand feel different so to each his own and thats your right to speak your opinion on this; however, to address your comment about games against Foard and West Lincoln, I wasnt there and cant comment on what did or didnt happen, but i can tell you that East Lincoln might have something for that lemon booty. LETS GO MUSTANGS!

If im correct, this will be North Lincoln's first game played in Newton ... welcome to Gurley stadium and hopefully it will be an exciting game for the fans.

If im correct, this will be North Lincoln's first game played in Newton ... welcome to Gurley stadium and hopefully it will be an exciting game for the fans.

Not trying to sound like a negative Nancy toward NL but if you saw the Maiden game last week you’d know that tonight NL fans will have nothing to cheer about and hope for. On the visitors side there will be nothing but parents and girlfriends of the players. Prob end up getting as ugly as a EB and Shelby game from last year.

It is possible that you will see a score like 35 to 7. Most of the points dropped on them in first quarter then Beam calls the dogs off early and a mercy score comes for North in the 4th quarter. Beam and Pack are friends I’d imagine and Beam used to coach NL and grew up in the area. So I can’t see Newton humiliating North with a massive blowout

I'll tell you one thing though - NL's JV team looked impressive last night in my opinion. They have some good looking young athletes and a lot to be proud of. I have to disagree with you burkeforreal and say that I think the NL faithful will come out tonight and I just have a strange feeling the game will be entertaining. You probably do know more about NL than I do though as I have not seen them play at all, so I could be wrong (it's happened a time or two lol) I do think Newton will win and we will put up points but I am expecting a fight. Good luck to both teams!

I'll tell you one thing though - NL's JV team looked impressive last night in my opinion. They have some good looking young athletes and a lot to be proud of. I have to disagree with you burkeforreal and say that I think the NL faithful will come out tonight and I just have a strange feeling the game will be entertaining. You probably do know more about NL than I do though as I have not seen them play at all, so I could be wrong (it's happened a time or two lol) I do think Newton will win and we will put up points but I am expecting a fight. Good luck to both teams!

Who won that game btw? The JV game. I can look it up if it’s posted but may not be. I know how one thing, NL JVs got destroyed by Alexander Centrals JVs so I’m telling ya there seems to be something brewing in Taylorsville since Butch Carter arrived. Other than that NL JVs have won every game but don’t know at the moment who won last night.

Just saying though from what I saw in the Maiden game it looked ugly and I know Newton is more advanced this year than Maiden so I can’t imagine what Newton is gonna do. Now NL may come out swinging hard and have an A game. I’d sure hope so however if Newton plays anything like they did against Hibriten, there’s no way this game can be that entertaining. North does have a QB. Give him time in the pocket he will make things happen. They have a couple wideouts give them separation, they will make things happen. Also Cribb at RB is pretty good when he has holes and seams...Maiden stuffed him and overcome Norths Oline with little difficulty in the run game. Maiden had a defense last week that shut all that down. Score coulda been worse if the penalties against Maiden wasn’t so numerous.

....but every game is different. I don’t see an upset by no shape of the word but just hope it’s not a blowout and of course hoping for s safe injury free game.

NL JV won 20-0. Newton's JV"s only loss was to Hibriten until last night. Alexander must really have some studs. LOL. I think NL JV's loss a tight one to maiden last week as well but overall I was impressed

NL JV won 20-0. Newton's JV"s only loss was to Hibriten until last night. Alexander must really have some studs. LOL. I think NL JV's loss a tight one to maiden last week as well but overall I was impressed

AC has some studs. This school usually has alittle something and at there worse have never been a 1 win or a goose egg season from what I can remember. What put confidence in a lot of the NL fans was the fact that they only lost by 4 points to this undefeated team that had put Freedom in their place, surprised Watauga, and pretty much locked in a high seed for playoffs.

NLs 2 wins has to be a major bummer after looking hot in the scrimmages. If they win out after tonight they can get a playoff spot...maybe I dunno. Do they have a decent JV to fill the shoes for next year?

I think they do - just my opinion. the JV QB can sling it. Throws the ball on a rope and has some speed. They had a pretty big JV receiver and a safety that was all over the field. I was asking someone why had they not moved them up to varsity but I was informed they were 8 quarter players.

I think they do - just my opinion. the JV QB can sling it. Throws the ball on a rope and has some speed. They had a pretty big JV receiver and a safety that was all over the field. I was asking someone why had they not moved them up to varsity but I was informed they were 8 quarter players.

Well, that being said the future looks bright for North Lincoln. The varsity by itself loses a key QB which might hurt but the JV QB coming up might be a nice shoe filler for that position along with a lot coming back on both sides of the ball. They also have a kicker with a good leg but unfortunately I think he is a senior

Burkeforreal I was ALL wrong.... I was expecting ALOT more from North Lincoln.... their defense is leaps and bounds behind our offense! You sir were spot on 35-0 at half

Is anyone surprised that Bandys picked up the win over West Lincoln?

No, ya boy here from the dirty Burke wasn’t suprised. Not the least bit. Keep in mind, East Burke beat West to pick up their only win of season marking them as the worst EB team in history. That being said, nobody is suprised.

Also don’t be suprised if North loses out. Lincolnton and Bandys might be at their worst but they can still make plays on that North defense. It’s can be a waste of offensive weapons for North when the defense can’t stop anybody.

Also I just wanted to give some ups to the overall talent and upstanding of this South Fork conference. All these guys maybe not LNC included but all these guys have made this conf look good in that it has to be better than the NW 4a/3A as a whole cause North- the 3rd worst team in conf, put a scare on the best team in that conf and played a soild scrimmage against Hickory. I say North is 3rd worst cause they are better than West dispite the loss. Just a bad game that night.

Also I just wanted to give some ups to the overall talent and upstanding of this South Fork conference. All these guys maybe not LNC included but all these guys have made this conf look good in that it has to be better than the NW 4a/3A as a whole cause North- the 3rd worst team in conf, put a scare on the best team in that conf and played a soild scrimmage against Hickory. I say North is 3rd worst cause they are better than West dispite the loss. Just a bad game that night.

But to add to all that, the NW 4a/3A is growing. Will look much different next year as Hickory has a good coach and Freedom has a good coach and will have these programs soild, it just won’t be done in a year. Was very suprised at the upset of Freedom as West took them down to the wire and beat em. Won’t happen next year, bet that. Hickory and South Caldwell will look different next year and West will be the bottom feeders as they lose some seniors with nothing to feed off of cause jv and middle school are doing poorly.

Newton Conover at least this year, towers over all those teams. Good job guys

Newton will be even better next year! Team only has 3-4 Seniors that really are contributors, should be some fun times in Gurley Stadium for a little while.

Reactions: Burkeforreal
We are down to the last two weeks of the regular season and once again we have some key matchups. What are your thoughts and predictions on these games and why:

Lincolnton @ North Lincoln
Bandys @ Lake Norman Charter
West Lincoln @ East Lincoln
Newton-Conover @ Maiden

We are down to the last two weeks of the regular season and once again we have some key matchups. What are your thoughts and predictions on these games and why:

Lincolnton @ North Lincoln
Bandys @ Lake Norman Charter
West Lincoln @ East Lincoln
Newton-Conover @ Maiden

So much for good input from other posters. Maybe folks weeping over Panthers still smh. I turned it off early lol.

Lincolnton will be too athletic for North to overcome. I see a 14 pt win for them and that’s giving North the benefit of a doubt. If they play them like they played ACentral might be different outcome but doubt it. Lincolntons run game will be just as good as Maidens I believe.

A bottom feeder game but Bandys takes this one by 3 scores at least.

All East in this one.

A post all by itself an a rivalry that goes too far back. Newton’s toughest match since Hibriten and 2nd round on. I think Maiden plays their best and it comes out to a Newton win in a 10 to 12 pts or less thriller.

You have lost your mind to think that conference is better then the N/W 3a 4a

Reactions: beamer24
You have lost your mind to think that conference is better then the N/W 3a 4a

Oh no ICard man. I’m an ICard man too btw, born and raised. Next year and year after may vary but THIS year I’d put Maiden Newton and East Lincoln up against any of them and it’d be a really good game or a defeat. Def a defeat at the hands on Newton. Overall the top 3 teams are better or equal as the top 3 in NW 4a 3A. Just thought it was an interesting outlook, nothing more. Back me up red devil ha ha.

Newton I feel without a doubt would beat anyone in that conference. Maiden is probably as good as Freedom! The NW 3A/4A top to bottom may be better as the bottom of the South Fork is TERRIBLE.

Newton I feel without a doubt would beat anyone in that conference. Maiden is probably as good as Freedom! The NW 3A/4A top to bottom may be better as the bottom of the South Fork is TERRIBLE.

Well it’s about even then. I’m sure NL can at least beat McDowell and maybe South Caldwell

After watching Newton Conover vs Hibriten and seeing Alexander Central vs Watauga I think a matchup of N-C and A-C would be a battle where either one could come out a winner..... Red Devils defense is stronger then A-C defense but the offenses are pretty equal

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT