ADVERTISEMENT

South Fork Athletic Conference

N-C Red Devils

Aug 10, 2012
By the end of the season, how will the teams in this new conference alignment finish from first to last?

Teams in alphabetical order:
Bandys
East Lincoln
Lake Norman Charter
Lincolnton
Maiden
Newton-Conover
North Lincoln
West Lincoln

Newton
Lincolnton
Maiden
I think are top 3

People naturally place Maiden up toward top simply because of the name and tradition. I'd go with:

Newton
Lincolnton
EL(new coach senior losses but Maiden had a lot of losses too according to fans)

EL lost there coach and there 2 best returning to transfers. I look for them to take a big step back.

EL lost there coach and there 2 best returning to transfers. I look for them to take a big step back.

I know they wasn't much to brag on back in 98 99 00 01 range when they were playing South, Hickory, Foard and them boys. Prob be slipping back to that calibure soon but surley not this year.

Nobody's said anything bout North and West Lincoln yet. Is there any hope in those boys this year?

I know they wasn't much to brag on back in 98 99 00 01 range when they were playing South, Hickory, Foard and them boys. Prob be slipping back to that calibure soon but surley not this year.
East Lincoln will be ok it's a growing community I just think they'll have a down year.

Bandy's has a team that has a lot of potential. Have had two very successful JV seasons in a row and have a few athletes that can stretch the field as well as stick there nose in a hole to get a few yards for a first down. Not sure what offense they will run this year, but should be very successful at getting 3 to 4 yards per carry and then hit home runs on play action. Still a very young team, only a handful of seniors who will contribute. Should be in ball games all year and have a possibility to make the playoffs.

Honestly I could see a three team race between Lincolnton, Maiden, and East, with Newton coming up short

With the athletes that newton has, they should end their season in the top 2 with Lincolnton. Hibriten will be the ultimate test to tell whether or not Newton is ready to be a contender or not. I do not think they have to beat Hibriten, but if they are competitive and the defense shows signs of life, I think Newton has the potential to win a lot of ball games.

Reactions: beamer24
Anybody check out any scrimmages so far this week? Any info on how teams looked?

Anybody check out any scrimmages so far this week? Any info on how teams looked?
Looking forward to our scrimmage in the Cleveland county jamboree tomorrow. I believe Hky, AC, Maiden and West Lincoln all scrimmage at LR too.

Yea really and the jv was not bad either. I was really surprised my self. They pretty much spread out the d and throwed some nice long balls. They looked lot better than Burns
Now it was a scrimmage granted and no body looks good at those but not bad

True true. I just hope the best for NL. Sitting in that college level 3A/4A conf for so long with 2A numbers I'm sure they're relieved lol. They shoulda never left 2A as they just barely tipped the scales in student body count ONE Time at the WRONG time ha ha cause of a few band kid transfers some years ago. Their marching band sounds good I won't knock em for it. Hoping they have a good season and at least get more than 3 wins. Which in this conference it's pushing it.

Ok thread died. Nobody answered last question. Ok someone post the game outlooks for this fri night season kickoff

Winners
Newton by 50
Bandys in double overtime
Maiden by 20
West Lincoln by a lot

Losers
Lincolnton (ugly)
East Lincoln by 1
Lake Norman Charter

Bye week
North Lincoln

Not accurate scores but close just to give general idea

Reactions: N-C Red Devils
Winners
Newton by 50
Bandys in double overtime
Maiden by 20
West Lincoln by a lot

Losers
Lincolnton (ugly)
East Lincoln by 1
Lake Norman Charter

Bye week
North Lincoln

Not accurate scores but close just to give general idea
Lincolnton and East Lincoln both losing is a surprise.

Lincolnton did not show up tonight. Not as worried about East just yet, defensive game only giving up 7 points and losing. Defense seems solid and offense will come I believe. Really not sure what happened to lincolnton though. Also the surprise of the night to me was bandys winning after being down 21 at the half.

Newton looked like world beaters tonight against bunker though. Always love seeing a good shut out and an offense that is in midseason form. Hickory barely lost to statesville in overtime so newton should have a decent chance to win again.

So did we really look that good tonight or is bh really that horrible I still say the red devil's only test non conference is hibriten

Looking forward to the Hibriten game. I give Hibriten 2 scores but I'd sure hope NC puts up a fight.

Should we start a new post or just keep this going for week 2?

What surprised me last week was Burns taking it to the wire with the amazing Taylorsville boys. They lost but by less than 9 points. I say all that to say this- AC picked to finish 1st in coachs poll in NW4a/3A....that's finishing OVER Freedom(ain't gonna happen) and OVER Watauga(ain't happening either, offense too explosive and havnt missed a beat dispite all the graduation). I know Burns and the teams mentioned are not world beaters and may be 2nd round and out at best(speaking of AC and Watauga). I just thought it was good for North to be hanging on with a team that also stayed in the game with the favored conf champs of their conf.

North Lincoln moved the ball on Burns with little problems and put up decent defense. Saw the highlights but those are just highlights and a scrimmage. QB seems to be improved and they have a soph wideout that gets at it, leaping catches and some speed. I may be hyping up a 2 win team I dunno but I wouldn't count them out or sleep on em' Can't see them doing anything with Newton Conover or Maiden or EL but everyone else could be a toss up. Better make it happen this year, North looks pretty senior heavy and both QBs are seniors too.

Last edited:
Also Bandys win looked shaky considering they were playing Saint. Lincolnton may iron some things out and do ok. Stu cram may be one of the real deals this year, just lost to a good team is all, should be ok. Can't gage up Maiden just yet, all they did was play Foard. Foard is not gonna be a pushover like other years though. We'll see. Fans last year didn't have a positive 17' outlook for Maiden after losing that QB and maybe some other key players.

Y'all I'm just sayin North is not a 2 win team this year ! I would say don't sleep on them boys! I saw them in that same scrimmage against R.S and Burns and Hickory and their is a glimmer of hope. Just my .02 cents worth if I'm totally wrong I will be the first to admit it tho

Y'all I'm just sayin North is not a 2 win team this year ! I would say don't sleep on them boys! I saw them in that same scrimmage against R.S and Burns and Hickory and their is a glimmer of hope. Just my .02 cents worth if I'm totally wrong I will be the first to admit it tho

Did it look like they'd actually win in a real full fledge game against those boys they scrimmaged? U gotta admit North has had their share of landslide losses. Being back in 2A in a slightly easier conference I'd like to think they'd pull alittle something together and make people recognize em' again after the 08' drop off.

Week 2 thoughts about the games in the conference.

Maiden whooping EB. Not surprised but figured EB could put up a better fight considering Maiden supposivly lost a lot to graduation last year. Wasn't at game and won't figure I'll go to many.

Freedom and Draughn- Being that Freedom put up bout the same amount of points and offense that West Lincoln did on Draughn kinda makes me wonder but a wins a win. Probably called the dogs off early.

Patton taking care of business against RS. Will be the only team besides Newton Conover that will keep Hibritens starters in for more than a quarter.

Face it, Hibriten took care of business and took it face. Surprised by the margin, so were the radio commentators. Why don't Lewis and crew just have Vance or Mallard Creek come up next year for a non conference game and flex.

....ok most of these teams aren't South Fork and I got off track ha ha. My apologies.

On to North Lincoln. They didn't play anybody. Not sure if that team was much better than Highland Tech. Real test next week. Forgot who their playing.

Lincolnton lost to a powerhouse. In conference play they should hold up but will still be viewed as a down year team.

Seems everybody better not sleep on West Lincoln. Looking forward to seeing team play some tougher fellas which will be soon.

Im really looking forward to our matchup with Hibriten in a few weeks.

Does the Beam bunch have an air and ground attack to get past that brick wall defense? Keep in mind, West's backs are good, JM Robinson had a set of backs too that get recognized and even watching them on film scrimmage Crest, those guys got popped back a lot too. Even though Crest is not the team we're used to seeing I was still impressed. Hibriten seems to fly to the ball alittle faster than last year. Not sure what happened to them when South Point lined up with them.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT