ADVERTISEMENT

South Columbus vs Reidsville

Don't know basically anything about S Columbus. Our defense is very good and we put points on the board in all three phases of the game. QB has over 2200 yds passing and plenty of backs to spread it around.

Gonna be a tough game. Reidsville is the real deal. Stallions coming in as underdogs but watch out. Never know.

Hate to say it but not looking for this one to be close. We can't stop the pass and we are one dimensional on offense. But hey that's why they play the games!

The last time I saw Reidsville play was a few years back and I think Jimmy Teague was coach. They ran a spread offense and it was a thing to behold. They had receivers everywhere. Not sure what they run now. Maybe the Reidsville posters can help you out. I will be pulling for the Stallions but Reidsville football is on another level.

Reactions: dirty stallion
I’m probably one of the few who have seen both play this year. SC is tough but will have no answer for the team speed of Reidsville. Reidsville by 14-21

Reactions: FBCapitolofNC
Reidsville still runs the spread with read option. Very strong against the run. Great skill players. Looks like run based programs thru regionals.

We gotta play a lot better than tonight
Yes, we need to clean things up a little. To be honest we've become spoiled over 2 years. We win 39 17, which most any other program in the state will take without question. Truthfully we give up 2 big plays. Other than that we hold a very good back in check. We have some areas to improve, but we're in pretty good shape. Always gets harder the deeper you go.

Reactions: Rammer16
Yes, we need to clean things up a little. To be honest we've become spoiled over 2 years. We win 39 17, which most any other program in the state will take without question. Truthfully we give up 2 big plays. Other than that we hold a very good back in check. We have some areas to improve, but we're in pretty good shape. Always gets harder the deeper you go.

I do agree. I'm spoiled and that wasn't a bad team. Reminded me a little of the North Rowan game last year. I'm not really concerned about the defense, offense needs to clean it up a little.

Jimmy Teague has been the coach at Reidsville since 1992 (except for a 3 year hiatus 2009,2010 and 2011)...His record here is an astounding 260 wins 53 losses for a winning pctg.. of 83.1.............his overall high school coaching record from 1984 to now is 311 Wins 116 losses for a winning pctg.

of 73.8............his teams always have run the spread even when it was a fairly new offense.............

The S. Columbus/Reidsville game will be the 2nd time these two teams have ever played.....first time was in S. Columbus (outside of Tabor City) in 1998, when in the 2nd round of the playoffs, Reidsville ended S. Columbus unbeaten season with a surprising 37-7 score.....................................

Never seen Reidsville but their tradition speaks for itself ..... Stallions gonna have to dig deep and play with a ton of heart and anything can happen .... on paper it looks like a blow out but like someone else said ... that’s why they play the game .... GO STALLIONS

Let’s not forget that 2 of our TDS came off fumble returns. Take those away and it 22-17.

actually stan 25-17...but I get your point.....offense has to play better...better execution and better line blocking......................

I'd like to see a better crowd for the third-round game. Home side should be filled for these playoff games. But like it's been said - Reidsville fans are so spoiled by the yearly success that it has become routine.
Long trip for the Tabor City team so I don't expect to see a huge gate from that side.

I'd like to see a better crowd for the third-round game. Home side should be filled for these playoff games. But like it's been said - Reidsville fans are so spoiled by the yearly success that it has become routine.
Long trip for the Tabor City team so I don't expect to see a huge gate from that side.

You might be surprised ... usually fill up the visitors side no matter how far the travel...

lol....seriously tho...we haven't been shutout since a first round playoff game (14-0 to W. Brunswick) in 1997....that's an amazing string of 290 straight games of scoring (#1 in NC as far as consecutive score)................

In that span of time Reidsville's record is 237 Wins 43 Losses (84.6% winning)

6 state titles and 1 state runner-up..lost in regional finals 5 other times..............

Reidsville's playoff record in that span is 59 Wins 11 Losses (84.4% winning)

Last edited:
Maybe that’s something with winning all the time ....

Kinda the same with losing all the time ....

Thinking is probably they’re just gonna blow them out I’ll just check the score on my phone and do something else....

Maybe not just saying .... people get bored tho ....

Any chance this game will be broadcast online?

Think it was mentioned in earlier post but I'm pretty sure due to NCHSAA guidelines you cannot stream live playoff games. Unfortunate since many games are too far for some folks to make the drive.

not sure how many people more would've been at the game...but downtown Reidsville had their tree lighting and things to do for the kiddies such as Santa Claus going on at the same time...safe to say it took some people away....................Students are the biggest cuprits as far as no shows....no spirit among the kiddos to show up and cheer.....not sure why....................

Reactions: Rammer16
Stallion fans, don't know much about your team this year. I saw yall in a 4 team early scrimmage at Clinton in August.I do know Reidsville tradition and the Stallions must be able to defend the pass. Good luck

not sure how many people more would've been at the game...but downtown Reidsville had their tree lighting and things to do for the kiddies such as Santa Claus going on at the same time...safe to say it took some people away....................Students are the biggest cuprits as far as no shows....no spirit among the kiddos to show up and cheer.....not sure why....................
$2 student tickets might help. $7 for a family with 3 kids can get expensive when you add the snacks.

Everything that makes high school football fun has been taken away. Kids can’t even walk around and socialize anymore. Thats more money they are losing. Go to any other high school the kids are socializing and having a good time. Not forced to sit in the stands the whole game

Reactions: freshdl3
$2 student tickets might help. $7 for a family with 3 kids can get expensive when you add the snacks.

This ....

I’ve had to miss more games than I wanted.... I have 4 kids and if the wife has to work Friday nights no way I’m paying $30 to get in plus food and drinks for 5 people. It adds up quick.... maybe some of y’all pocket is a lot deeper than mine but it’s tough even if you don’t eat at the game you gotta stop and get something cause it’s to late to cook once you get home

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT