ADVERTISEMENT

SMC Scores

Andrews 10 Swain 21. Wildcats gave up a fumble deep in their territory and later a long Swain pass play. Need to buckle down

Cherokee cruising 39-21 in the 4th quarter. Braves resting starting RB Evans tonight played 2nd string QB for the first half.
That's not true. Cherokee didn't take lead until late in 3rd. Mintz got hurt. Evans is hurt is the reason he didn't play. Starters we're in game until late in 4th.

Tigerden, good job tonight.
Thanks BK could not be proud of our boys. From the line, defense, offense. The boys left it all on the field tonight. If we could have played like this all year who knows what record would be. Unfortunately I think we lost leading receiver collar bone. And some others are pretty banged up. Got to love small 1A.lol. We have to work on penalty's.

That's not true. Cherokee didn't take lead until late in 3rd. Mintz got hurt. Evans is hurt is the reason he didn't play. Starters we're in game until late in 4th.

4th quarter? Cherokee was leading in the first half 13-7. Evans could have played but they wanted to rest him. If they had been playing Murphy bet your rear end he'd have been on the field. Hurt or not hurt Mintz didn't play much in the first half. 2nd string QB moved the ball well on Rosman and threw a nice TD pass not sure it would have mattered much anyways. Hats off to Rosman though, they caught Cherokee on fair week and coming off a huge win against their rival Swain and played a great ballgame but just didn't have enough for this very talented Braves squad.

Back up did throw great td pass. Than we came back and did the same. We were up at halftime. We just had to many penaltys in 2nd half. Defense had some great stops on Cherokee. Evans was hurt. I heard Braves fan say how hurt he was so I don't think they held him out just because they were playing us. But Cherokee fans would have to answer that ? I'm not sure what you are trying to say fourth and inches but Tigers came really close to pulling off upset. I know Braves beat us by 18 but game was a lot closer than that. You can call it whatever you want but that's the truth. Yes we may have caught Braves on fair week. But I think Cherokee didn't expect us to come out and play. But we did.

Yes we may have caught Braves on fair week. But I think Cherokee didn't expect us to come out and play. But we did.

I guarantee you that Cherokee fully expected Rosman to come out and play hard. A statement like that is purely asinine. Anyone that's been around the SMC for any amount of time knows that the Tigers always come to play and play very hard. That has been Rosman's MO since I can remember. I have nothing but the upmost respect for Rosman and its always fun to watch them play. However, lets not get distracted, its the W's that matter at the end of the day.

How weird is it to see the hurry up throw it around style , fake punts , gadgets sets everywhere from the rosman tigers. Gone is the 3 yards and a cloud of dust wish bone teams . Evans tried to play last week and couldn't so I think his injury is real. That's a tough loss for the braves.

Reactions: TigerDen1
I didn't say they expected us to come out and play hard. I just didn't think they expected us to come out and execute like we did. Yes Braves got the W. But I'm not going to let you down play how we played, that's crazy. Hats off to Braves, that's what good teams do find ways to win.

Last edited:
How weird is it to see the hurry up throw it around style , fake punts , gadgets sets everywhere from the rosman tigers. Gone is the 3 yards and a cloud of dust wish bone teams . Evans tried to play last week and couldn't so I think his injury is real. That's a tough loss for the braves.
I know right. Man I have to be honest, I wasn't sure how we could run this style of offense, but we have. We got great QB and receivers, decent little running back. I wish now we could have been running this offense couple years ago with Rice,Orr, and Green. I think it could have kept them healthier.

I said it a couple of weeks ago when the Tigers played Andrews. I love their offense. I’m a armchair QB but when teams like Andrews, Rosman & Hayesville play the upper class of our conference we are usually undermanned. We have to keep teams like that off balance by really mixing it up. I think Rosman has done a fine job with it.

Reactions: TigerDen1
Yeah very impressed with rosman and their new coach. I think it took cherokee a half to figure out anything y'all were doing on offense. Your coach and your guys def gave y'all a shot to win. We got to play better if we expect to compete with rville or Murphy.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT