ADVERTISEMENT

So long 1A, it's time to move on.

I don’t care how many teams there was. Like I said, do a little research if you want the facts! Ask the old Sylva Webster fans from the Streeter days how good little old Robbinsville was! Our 99 team would have dominated this bunch, and the 14 and 19 teams would’ve won as well! There’s you some facts
The Sylva-Webster teams from 1971-74 did not have any issues with Robbinsville. Didn't play them after the 1974 season. S-W lost to Franklin in 1971 and undefeated 2A state champ Murphy in 1974. Good run.

Last edited:
All this could have, could have is only the opinions of some people.
Opinion but unproven or true, Mount Airy could have won the 2A state championship this year. lol I was only proving a point ! ! !
All this could have would have is just talking out of someone's backside and no way to be proven. But I guess if you hit a point you can not win then talk about the good ole days. 2025 may change things back in your favor for some schools. Good Luck in 2024 ! ( That was me making my point and only my opinion)

If you do, then pick it up and put it back on your shoulders.
Hi Mom Ok GIF by BLoafX

Just my opinion but Man what I would give to see that Robbinsville 14 or 19 team played MA team this year..Those teams were what this years team wasn't in my opinion..MEAN
Also the 87 Murphy team was at least 3 Tds better than this MA team..
The Shuler led Swain teams were also better than MA..
Those good Plymouth teams would have handled them too.
If what they brought to Robbinsville was a once in a generation team...lol
I have to agree, specifically with the last line.

I basically waited all year to actually watch them aside from a few highlights occasionally and when I did finally see them I was, a bit disappointed.

I appreciate greatness anywhere, even on teams I loathe (Not MA, just fyi), so I was real excited to finally see this continuation of last years MA team which from all accounts was even better, the real deal and then some.

What I saw was great, but it wasn't to the level that I felt everyone was saying. MA was definitely good, but they didn't really shock or awe me. Not trying to take anything away from the champs, they earned it, but what I saw was nowhere near what everyone had been hyping them up to be all year.

I have to agree, specifically with the last line.

I basically waited all year to actually watch them aside from a few highlights occasionally and when I did finally see them I was, a bit disappointed.

I appreciate greatness anywhere, even on teams I loathe (Not MA, just fyi), so I was real excited to finally see this continuation of last years MA team which from all accounts was even better, the real deal and then some.

What I saw was great, but it wasn't to the level that I felt everyone was saying. MA was definitely good, but they didn't really shock or awe me. Not trying to take anything away from the champs, they earned it, but what I saw was nowhere near what everyone had been hyping them up to be all year.
MA on a dry field would walked the dog on ROBB. That playing surface slowed MA down a bunch. Was still no doubt the whole game that MA was the better team. Robb only score on offense was a busted coverage on 3rd and long a the other score a gift for the D!

MA on a dry field would walked the dog on ROBB. That playing surface slowed MA down a bunch. Was still no doubt the whole game that MA was the better team. Robb only score on offense was a busted coverage on 3rd and long a the other score a gift for the D!
Busted coverage? Gifted TD? Doesn't sound like an all time generational team to me.

Busted Coverage? The defender was step for step with Adams..then he just got out ran

I am not sure where this years Mt Airy team lands up against pass Bear teams, much less any other Smokey Mountain teams.
However, HighschoolOT has a pretty good opinion on that. Perhaps one and all should read their opinion.
And I am pretty sure there are no Mt Airy people at HighschoolOT.

Reactions: buzzcoach
I am not sure where this years Mt Airy team lands up against pass Bear teams, much less any other Smokey Mountain teams.
However, HighschoolOT has a pretty good opinion on that. Perhaps one and all should read their opinion.
And I am pretty sure there are no Mt Airy people at HighschoolOT.
My Airy 09 team better!

Its stupid to disrespect this MA team in saying who from past could beat them. To say you wasn't impressed with this team is a joke.
Robb game Robb was held to 99 yds rushing and MA give up only 8pts on offense. MA had 380 yards.
Tarb was held to 49 rushing and 1 FG. Think about those stats for a minute against those two teams. Pretty dominant. And yes on a better playing surface in Robb game it would been worse.

Reactions: Jmappfan5
2023 team to me will be remembered as the best Defensive group to come through MA! Tyler Mason the best RB to play at MA.....stats don't lie and for me one of the best LBs to come through MA was #15 Ian Gallimore this kid was the heart and just a Man among boys on the field! He was the field General on both sides of the ball! Coach Adkins has to go down as one of the best Coaches with the only one to do it BACK 2 BACK! Kids have bought in and that whole staff are some of the best. When thinking about MA coaches I think of Shelton, Hollingsworth, Holder and now Adkins!

Its stupid to disrespect this MA team in saying who from past could beat them. To say you wasn't impressed with this team is a joke.
Robb game Robb was held to 99 yds rushing and MA give up only 8pts on offense. MA had 380 yards.
Tarb was held to 49 rushing and 1 FG. Think about those stats for a minute against those two teams. Pretty dominant. And yes on a better playing surface in Robb game it would been worse.
Funny, all the things you say are stupid is exactly what you say about other teams. "To say you wasn't impressed with other teams is a joke." In essence you are criticizing yourself. You are the real joke.

Who the hell cares about Mount Airy? When 2025 and eight classes comes around to the NCHSAA, 1A football will be a thing of the past. Only about 20 schools that will be stuck in 1A play 11-man football. 1A and 2A will have to combine for a state football championship in 2025. Besides when August 2025 comes around, MA will be chasing after a 3A title in 2025!

Who the hell cares about Mount Airy? When 2025 and eight classes comes around to the NCHSAA, 1A football will be a thing of the past. Only about 20 schools that will be stuck in 1A play 11-man football. 1A and 2A will have to combine for a state football championship in 2025. Besides when August 2025 comes around, MA will be chasing after a 3A title in 2025!
Certainly not you! But then again this thread is not about you. Is it?

All the Mount Airy Fans care about Mount Airy and not you or your losing team ! ! !
There are too many jealous Mount Airy haters on here ! ! ! When was the last time your team won a state championship or got past rounds 4, 3, or 2 ? No one from Mount Airy has ever that I have seen said anything bad about whoever your team may be but if you don't mind please tell us who your team is ! You sound like a Mount Airy hater from the middle of the state who has never even played Mount Airy. GOOD GOSH, what is your problem today, you are usually a nice person ?

Nearly 40 football teams in 2A come 2025, add that to the nearly 20 teams in 1A. I'd say you have the makings of a 1A/2A football playoff bracket in 2025.

All the Mount Airy Fans care about Mount Airy and not you or your losing team ! ! !
There are too many jealous Mount Airy haters on here ! ! ! When was the last time your team won a state championship or got past rounds 4, 3, or 2 ? No one from Mount Airy has ever that I have seen said anything bad about whoever your team may be but if you don't mind please tell us who your team is ! You sound like a Mount Airy hater from the middle of the state who has never even played Mount Airy. GOOD GOSH, what is your problem today, you are usually a nice person ?
Funny how you hillbillies up there like to change the subject to suit y'all! And, don't worry about my problems. At least my problems are MINE and NOT YOURS!!! Have fun chasing that 3A championship in 2025!

Funny how you hillbillies up there like to change the subject to suit y'all! And, don't worry about my problems. At least my problems are MINE and NOT YOURS!!! Have fun chasing that 3A championship in 2025!
I wouldn't rule us out of winning few championships in that league

Reactions: TD-FridayNight
I bet those Mount Airy critters are sitting on their porcerlain thrones with their phones ... 😂 📱🚽
What is your problem? No really. What is your problem? Do you need somebody to talk to?
Did a worm craw up your behind?
Lose your job?
Wife told you to move out?
I mean, really, what is your problem?

Ashamed of what??? 🤔
I repeat it again and maybe you can read it this time or you are ashamed to claim your school or the one you support. Large letters this time in case you lost your glasses. ;);););) Why come on here with a post saying To Hell with Mount Airy to start with ? To Hell, with your school, you don't wait to tell us about. Sorry, you are having a bad day but Mount Airy had nothing to do with it ! ! ! !
I have never seen you say a cross word about Mount Airy, why today ?

Again if you are not ashamed to claim the school you support, what school would that be, and what classification will they be in 1A through 8A

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT