ADVERTISEMENT

So long 1A, it's time to move on.

He's from Carthage NC probably North Moore fan they haven't won anything in there history and face Mt airy few times only to be beaten badly
There history? What the heck kind of illiterate hillbillies there are in up Mount Airy??? Second round playoff loss in 1994 (11-1, 25-15) ... First round playoff loss (3-8, 79-0) n 2007 ... This is 2024!!! 33-6 in last three seasons ... Not a glamorous history, but these days, no one sleeps on North Moore!!!

• Haha
Reactions: Jmappfan5
There history? What the heck kind of illiterate hillbillies there are in up Mount Airy??? Second round playoff loss in 1994 (11-1, 25-15) ... First round playoff loss (3-8, 79-0) n 2007 ... This is 2024!!! 33-6 in last three seasons ... Not a glamorous history, but these days, no one sleeps on North Moore!!!
Says the guy that got ran by West Columbus. Who got ran by tarboro. You boys in the east are going to have to fix that coaching. Maybe you need some mini Jeff craddock's. That dude's a coach. Y'all get in and y'all fall apart. Hate to tell you but tarboro is probably beating your 2 a and 3a state rep from the east this year. You just keep heading on over to Waccamaw lake having you one of them meteorite swims. You'll be okay. It'll get your sense back.

The difference in the 1987 high school game and the 2023 version are significant although I think less in 1A football than with the larger metro schools. Hard to compare those eras. Would be interesting to have a Time Machine.

1987 4A state title game, Harding had nine players that weighed over 200 pounds. Garner maybe a few more. I think Mallard Creek had a title team that started nine on offense that weighed over 200.
Those Swain and Murphy teams then were ahead of the times. You are talking about a player who finished 2nd in the Heisman voting and another one that played both ways in college at 1st before Travis Hunter did it.

And if you don't know by now, your @$$ better call somebody!!! 🤨
Why should I give a crap about a loser and his losing team? You are just here like all of us still hanging around in the off-season looking for something to talk about. Do you see anyone from Mount Airy whining about where they will be in 2025 ? It is what it is. lol

Reactions: Jmappfan5
Those Swain and Murphy teams then were ahead of the times. You are talking about a player who finished 2nd in the Heisman voting and another one that played both ways in college at 1st before Travis Hunter did it.
I am pretty well versed in those players achievements.

Do you think that Swain passing system resembles what teams do today in the top high school programs? If I remember correctly the base set was a two back veer offense with double tights.

1987 4A state title game had less than thirty players on the rosters that weighed over 200 pounds and I am pretty sure none over 270. Mallard Creek had nine offensive starters over 200 on one of their title teams. Think they had ten on another squad.

I am pretty well versed in those players achievements.

Do you think that Swain passing system resembles what teams do today in the top high school programs? If I remember correctly the base set was a two back veer offense with double tights.

1987 4A state title game had less than thirty players on the rosters that weighed over 200 pounds and I am pretty sure none over 270. Mallard Creek had nine offensive starters over 200 on one of their title teams. Think they had ten on another squad.
I do believe Shuler showed he could throw the ball pretty well if Swain would have wanted to.How many 1a schools run what top high school programs run. If you look at this there were kids almost as big as kids this day an age in 1987 just not many 300+ pound players.

Reactions: Usdi Watali
I do believe Shuler showed he could throw the ball pretty well if Swain would have wanted to.How many 1a schools run what top high school programs run. If you look at this there were kids almost as big as kids this day an age in 1987 just not many 300+ pound players.

Never wrote Shuler could not throw it but the sophistication of the passing game was not where it is today. Just as I wrote the 1A game has not changed as much as the larger metro schools. I think part of that is that there is not as much emphasis on the passing game and a lot of players are playing three differents sports which cuts into seven on seven. Seven on seven competition was non existent in the late 1980's.

The size of the players on average is much larger today than 35 or so years ago and back. College, NFL, and high school.

Why should I give a crap about a loser and his losing team? You are just here like all of us still hanging around in the off-season looking for something to talk about. Do you see anyone from Mount Airy whining about where they will be in 2025 ? It is what it is. lol
You still don't know who my team really is, you dumb@$$! Things change, and 1A football will be much different come 2025. It may be better since MA will be 3A. Of course you dumb morons always change the subjects around and make it about y'all!!!

Eight classes is coming. Get used to it!!!

You still don't know who my team really is, you dumb@$$! Things change, and 1A football will be much different come 2025. It may be better since MA will be 3A. Of course you dumb morons always change the subjects around and make it about y'all!!!

Eight classes is coming. Get used to it!!!
What about we don't care do you not understand? It is what it is and you are the one who is making a big deal of it and seems worried. Mount Airy has played 3A, 2A, and 1A and now we can climb back up the ladder but you are afraid of falling off that ladder. lol. It is coming in 2025 so deal with it like everyone else will have to. 2029 or 2030 may bring more changes but I doubt I will be around to think about those changes unless I make it to 80. Heck, I may not be around for the 2025 changes so why should I be worried now?

Last edited:
Never wrote Shuler could not throw it but the sophistication of the passing game was not where it is today. Just as I wrote the 1A game has not changed as much as the larger metro schools. I think part of that is that there is not as much emphasis on the passing game and a lot of players are playing three differents sports which cuts into seven on seven. Seven on seven competition was non existent in the late 1980's.

The size of the players on average is much larger today than 35 or so years ago and back. College, NFL, and high school.
I would agree with that. That's why most of those games are dog shit to watch. I must rather watch people run the ball and be physical then that basketball on the field crap we got to watch from all these RPO BS teams. You say what you want. Sure they do it in college they don't do it in pros. You got to run the ball no matter what. I love seeing one a football where they're real men and they pound it down people's throats.

Here's the deal. With only about 20 football playing teams in 1A come 2025, you may be lucky to have an eight-team playoff for a 1A state football championship. Also, with only about 40 football playing teams in 1A come 2025, you may be lucky to have an 16-team playoff for a 2A state football championship. Thus, I have a feeling there will be a combined 1A/2A state football teams with a 32-team football playoff in 2025. Just like 3A thru 8A. That's what the original post was about! And I am sure that's what the original poster intended.

But, here comes these Mount Airy hillbillies changing the subject, as well as living in the past (they probably pull for those Dallas Cowgirls) and even thinking that they are "entitled" to a state championshp trophy year! And, damn, I thought Scotland and Richmond fans were bad enough!!! Perhaps even folks in Cleveland County (Shelby, Crest, etc. etc.). Don't worry about m y team if you dumb hillbilliies know who it is (which I doubt that you really know) ... Worry about your team!!!

Last edited:
I would agree with that. That's why most of those games are dog shit to watch. I must rather watch people run the ball and be physical then that basketball on the field crap we got to watch from all these RPO BS teams. You say what you want. Sure they do it in college they don't do it in pros. You got to run the ball no matter what. I love seeing one a football where they're real men and they pound it down people's throats.
The best teams normally have the ability to mix it up and are physical on the line. The best teams I have watched the last twenty years have ran a pro set or a wing T with good passing games but had big time rushing attacks.

Reactions: davisdorm
Here's the deal. With only about 20 football playing teams in 1A come 2025, you may be lucky to have an eight-team playoff for a 1A state football championship. Also, with only about 40 football playing teams in 1A come 2025, you may be lucky to have an 16-team playoff for a 2A state football championship. Thus, I have a feeling there will be a combined 1A/2A state football teams with a 32-team football playoff in 2025. Just like 3A thru 8A. That's what the original post was about! And I am sure that's what the original poster intended.

But, here comes these Mount Airy hillbillies changing the subject, as well as living in the past (they probably pull for those Dallas Cowgirls) and even thinking that they are "entitled" to a state championshp trophy year! And, damn, I thought Scotland and Richmond fans were bad enough!!! Perhaps even folks in Cleveland County (Shelby, Crest, etc. etc.). Don't worry about m y team if you dumb hillbilliies know who it is (which I doubt that you really know) ... Worry about your team!!!
The only A HOLE I see on her is YOU. And the more you type the more we all know you are SICK. Please see a DOCTOR.

1A may end up being a non football classification. Those schools will play in the 2A conference in their area if not enough schools to bring it together.

Reactions: RD28327
People need to chill out with language
3Fkw8DCq4eUxp31E4n.webp

The sophisti

The sophistication of the passing game was there. You need to go back and watch some
Murphy film of when Pickens played if you don't think so. 86-87 Murphy team is one of the best teams ever in 1A football and would walk the dog with any team Mt. Arrogant could muster up

The sophistication of the passing game was there. You need to go back and watch some
Murphy film of when Pickens played if you don't think so. 86-87 Murphy team is one of the best teams ever in 1A football and would walk the dog with any team Mt. Arrogant could muster up
I have spent a lot of time with David Gentry. A great football mind and coach. It wasn’t a sophisticated passing game, it was Carl Pickens.

MA on a dry field would walked the dog on ROBB. That playing surface slowed MA down a bunch. Was still no doubt the whole game that MA was the better team. Robb only score on offense was a busted coverage on 3rd and long a the other score a gift for the D!

This says it all and is the only thing that counts anything in this game. (PERIOD) The Final On The Score Board ! ! !
Q1Q2Q3Q4Final
Mount Airy07101027
Robbinsville088016
Would it make y'all feel better if I said I wasn't very impressed by Rville either? Imo Swain should've been the 1 seed and put 2 Ls on Rville but it is what it is, thats why they play the game.

Would it make y'all feel better if I said I wasn't very impressed by Rville either? Imo Swain should've been the 1 seed and put 2 Ls on Rville but it is what it is, thats why they play the game.
They looked better but when your coach goes forward on 4th down three times when you're up by two scores. You probably have a problem. Might need to fix that. That was about the dumbest thing I've ever seen. But you're right they looked good and they're going to be really good this year.

Reactions: Usdi Watali
They looked better but when your coach goes forward on 4th down three times when you're up by two scores. You probably have a problem. Might need to fix that. That was about the dumbest thing I've ever seen. But you're right they looked good and they're going to be really good this year.
I completely agree and have been very critical of Swain since their coaching change, they have wasted some really sweet talent over the years due to poor coaching/game management.

If the game was won on looks the SMC as a whole wouldn’t have near the accolades! As far as Swain goes, we heard all year how they would beat us! I can’t for the life of me figure out how we won those games LOL

If the game was won on looks the SMC as a whole wouldn’t have near the accolades! As far as Swain goes, we heard all year how they would beat us! I can’t for the life of me figure out how we won those games LOL
lol after watching them me neither.

It's why you play the game. I saw the Swain robbinsville playoff game. I can't believe with how long it was going to take robbinsville to drive the length of the field how Swain coach would not punt. Even if he didn't think they could not stop them but make them drive they would of run out of time. Robbinsville super tough and resilient though and I am assuming had more big game experience. But damn.

Just goes to prove that toughness and resilience usually wins out. I think that defensive lineman for Swain county could have probably taken a hand off every play. He is a destructive force. And he's coming back next year.
I believe he was a runner back in youth along with the NG.

I have spent a lot of time with David Gentry. A great football mind and coach. It wasn’t a sophisticated passing game, it was Carl Pickens.
That's probably exactly the truth. Gaither was no Aaron Rodgers. Although back then I think he was a better passing quarterback than schuler. Actually what am I saying Heath was never a good passing quarterback. Or a senator. No matter what Benji says.

That's probably exactly the truth. Gaither was no Aaron Rodgers. Although back then I think he was a better passing quarterback than schuler. Actually what am I saying Heath was never a good passing quarterback. Or a senator. No matter what Benji says.
You’re right…he never was a senator.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT