ADVERTISEMENT

SMC Game Updates

pollo_loco

Nov 2, 2005
Raleigh, NC
Post em here.

Murphy O line still playing the same game from last week sounds like. Curry sacked once, almost a 2nd sack but threw the ball away.

Swain 3, Smoky 0, end of the 1st. Swain fumbled inside the 10 on a busted option play. Other than that, they've outplayed the Mustangs, but not by much. Early season form for both teams.

Yep not a good night for Murphy. Franklin O-line getting a great push it sounds like, and the running backs are having a field day. Murphy's O can't stay on the field long enough to give the D a rest.

I found out the two that quit. I think we will be better now on the line.

Long injury delay in Sylva. A Swain player is down... game has been stopped for 5 minutes or longer.

Swain player may have had a concussion... after he leaves the field, SM throws a 15-yd. TD pass. But the PAT is blocked this time... 12-6 SM with about a minute or so left in the half.

I know Murphy probably isn't going to win, but I'd like to see them be competitive. It just feels like the playing calling for Murphy is a little off.

I think cherokee should be winning this game, they will get good drives going but kill them with penalties.

Murphy off cannot get into a rhythm. Of coarse you do need to be on the field to do that! Come on dogs!

I know Murphy probably isn't going to win, but I'd like to see them be competitive. It just feels like the playing calling for Murphy is a little off.
It's been off ever since Campana hung up the headset.

I gave the benefit of the doubt last season with a young team, but it's becoming clear now there's a very real downgrade at coordinator, no excuses with the players at his disposal. It's one thing to lose to a superior team, it's another to get flat out embarrassed on your home field.

Last edited:
Swain has shut down the run, other than that 90-yarder... that must have been a missed coverage or something, since it's almost the only positive yardage SM has on the ground. But the Mustangs started moving by air later in the 2nd quarter. On offense the Devils can move the ball, but can't seal the deal once they get close... one drive killed by a fumble, two more stalled out, but they got FGs. Kicking game is looking good, anyway...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT